Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    Thief of Honour was so sad and I still remember it well..
    When Noel became a nun and Ekin coming to search her...she decide not recognize him...because Ekin kill her dad...and she keep asking him for not killing her dad...
    Fate the last Empire...it's alike the ending from Thief of Honour yes....when Nnadia walk and meet in from of her Timmy and decide too to past from him...omg twice TVB make me soooooo in tear..and I was small then o.o
    I still don't remember "Thief of Honour". All I remember is Nadia and Ekin walking past each other after reincarnating at the end of Zu Mountain Saga II.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I still don't remember "Thief of Honour". All I remember is Nadia and Ekin walking past each other after reincarnating at the end of Zu Mountain Saga II.
    They did more than that. He was an artist with paintings and she was a rich girl in a sedan chair, and her sedan bumped into him and he spilled his portraits on the floor. She then comes out to apologise, I think, and they stare into each other's eyes and fall in love. In a way it was a good ending (for the next life) but that felt more like an epilogue. To me they died together at the bottom of the cliff, which was tragic.

And if we had to count future lives, then Jimmy Au's reincarnation as a pig was just cruel, considering that he did everything right until he was possessed by the Blood Demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    They did more than that. He was an artist with paintings and she was a rich girl in a sedan chair, and her sedan bumped into him and he spilled his portraits on the floor. She then comes out to apologise, I think, and they stare into each other's eyes and fall in love. In a way it was a good ending (for the next life) but that felt more like an epilogue. To me they died together at the bottom of the cliff, which was tragic.

And if we had to count future lives, then Jimmy Au's reincarnation as a pig was just cruel, considering that he did everything right until he was possessed by the Blood Demon.
    Thanks. What happened to Lily?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.tpwang.net/image/%E8%A1%80/movie-%E8%A1%80%E7%92%BD%E9%87%91%E5%88%80/%E8%A1%80%E7%92%BD%E9%87%91%E5%88%8027276.jpg')
    credit tpwang.net
    ep 01 http://www.56.com/u42/v_NDU2NzE3Njc.html

Zu Mountain Saga II have a happy ending, they meet together and we can see they remember past life because both of them recognize each other
    Lily...she was completely evil...she die in explosion if i remember in the end fight..she never reback on her old self....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.tpwang.net/image/%E8%A1%80/movie-%E8%A1%80%E7%92%BD%E9%87%91%E5%88%80/%E8%A1%80%E7%92%BD%E9%87%91%E5%88%8027276.jpg')
    credit tpwang.net
    ep 01 http://www.56.com/u42/v_NDU2NzE3Njc.html

Zu Mountain Saga II have a happy ending, they meet together and we can see they remember past life because both of them recognize each other
    Lily...she was completely evil...she die in explosion if i remember in the end fight..she never reback on her old self....
    Ah! I remember now! Wong Wai played Noel's dad!
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks. What happened to Lily?
    Who was Lily? The girl who Jimmy loved and who became the Blood Demon? No idea what would happen to her, but given the harsh treatment Jimmy had, it would be no surprise if the poor girl got banished to the 18th level of hell or something, even though she was completely innocent and heroic before the Demon possessed her.

Who was Lily? The girl who Jimmy loved and who became the Blood Demon? No idea what would happen to her, but given the harsh treatment Jimmy had, it would be no surprise if the poor girl got banished to the 18th level of hell or something, even though she was completely innocent and heroic before the Demon possessed her.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/zumtsaga/zu03.jpg') <--- Lily Chung
    Cyril Connolly

do anyone remember this serie with John /David Chiang? I dunno if it's ATV but isn't tvb

hm I was too small but I know I did watch this...but I don't remember the story hm
    Last edited by Miaka FY; 07-23-15 at 09:46 PM. Reason: mistake video

That's ATV's Green Dragon Conspiracy.

https://www.spcnet.tv/ATV-TV-Series/...view-r372.html

thank probably i have somewhere in vhs or I would find it. It's really ATV...wow before ATV was so strong ''sigh'' now...hm

about ATV did someone remember about the Blood Sword with Kenny Ho? I just rewatch it few month ago LOL

I like this part more than the second part hm..

The first part (which is actually the second part, because it deals with his later years) was more entertaining, although I found the second part (which deals with his younger years) had a better characters, even if the story was more depressing. The first part with Veronica Yip was definitely more action packed and gratifying.

But the story was well done from the first part. Isn't like the second part..really depressing 'sigh'
    Sure the second part we can see many new character but probably I didn't feel the wuxia part in the second..I wasn't not so into it...Also Veronica Yip is the first part play more bigger role...

Instinct

credit MrMusical1980 yt channel

the whole story was good until the end =.=;; crap ...whywhy my nnadia die =.=
    also I remember my grudge on Amy =.=;;
    Last edited by Miaka FY; 07-23-15 at 11:25 PM.

do anyone remember this serie with John /David Chiang? I dunno if it's ATV but isn't tvb

hm I was too small but I know I did watch this...but I don't remember the story hm
    Strangely enough, I rooted for Ng Wai Kok more than John Chiang!

Who has watched the original "Misadventure of Zoo" with Adam Cheng? It is a classic!
    Cyril Connolly

thank probably i have somewhere in vhs or I would find it. It's really ATV...wow before ATV was so strong ''sigh'' now...hm

about ATV did someone remember about the Blood Sword with Kenny Ho? I just rewatch it few month ago LOL

I like this part more than the second part hm..
    Ahh I really like the first part. I thought it was pretty good and everyone fit their roles really well. Really like Kenny Ho here =)

In Zu mountain saga, I thought Lily was good in the beginning and then she got possess or something that made her turn evil. Agree, sad Jimmy turn into a pig in his next life.

In thief of honor, why did Ekin kill noels dad? I just remember her adopted dad killed his mom and dad(Canti and Eugenia).
    I thought Chan wai yee (think that is her name) character is likable but also very tragic. Dicky was a very good villain here. Very different from mystery of the twin swords.

Ahh I remember instinct, really like that series. Was Marianne chan the actress who played Amy's younger sister? I really like the theme song for this series as well.

Oh Hey! I just heard that Wong Yee Kum (who played Hong Fut Nui in "The Grand Canal") will be returning to TVB and reuniting with Jimmy Au (who played Lee Jing)! So excited! I loved them in "The Grand Canal"!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.blog.163.com/photo/Np5lK51JSfOnXf2kdVDXOA==/4296434044512145353.jpg')

I thought "The Grand Canal" was very good but not anything epic like LOCH or ROCH. It had a very beautiful and talented cast, great music and a good story, but it started to drag too much towards the end with Tony's love triangle. But I really liked Jimmy, Felix and Wong Yee Kum. It is sad that TVB can no longer make large production likes this without using Mainland Chinese casts. Not that Chinese artistes are bad but the overall feel is affected by the dubbing.
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-24-15 at 05:04 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

oh what series will they be staring in together? How exciting. I remember her in grand canal and she also star in this other series with Adam cheng and tse ling. Can't really recall her other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    oh what series will they be staring in together? How exciting. I remember her in grand canal and she also star in this other series with Adam cheng and tse ling. Can't really recall her other work.
    She was really attractive in Kuet Cheen Wong Sing - I think she was Adam's assistant who fell in love with Bryan Leung and died protecting him from assassins. I still remember her death scene, trapped by all those coffin lids as the explosives blew her up. She never really seemed like female lead quality for me, and I much prefer Jojo Cho's version of Hung Fat Lui. Wong Yee Kam was a good actress, though, and in supporting roles like the one in Kuet Cheen Wong Sing was really very effective.

She was really attractive in Kuet Cheen Wong Sing - I think she was Adam's assistant who fell in love with Bryan Leung and died protecting him from assassins. I still remember her death scene, trapped by all those coffin lids as the explosives blew her up. She never really seemed like female lead quality for me, and I much prefer Jojo Cho's version of Hung Fat Lui. Wong Yee Kam was a good actress, though, and in supporting roles like the one in Kuet Cheen Wong Sing was really very effective.
    She was one Simon's wife in some series with him being Zhu Yuan Zhang. She was evil too, I think.

Which one was Jojo's version? Is it the one with Eddie Cheung? I actually quite like Jojo. She might not be very beautiful but she has her own charisma on screen and is very versatile and talented. Glad that she is doing well now.
    Cyril Connolly

What is jojo cho up to these days? I rarely see her as lead. I only remember her as second lead in holy dragon saga. I like her too =)