Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Charbydis, do you happen to know what happens at the end of god of honours? I'm having a hard time finding the last episode. I found a clip where Fiona reminds Irene how happy they used to be before the palace life and that was it =(

Does anyone remember "To get unstuck in time"
    https://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/To-...l#.VhyyeUrn-Hv
    I'm recently re-watching it and its pretty good. Not sure why I didn't really like it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Does anyone remember "To get unstuck in time"
    https://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/To-...l#.VhyyeUrn-Hv
    I'm recently re-watching it and its pretty good. Not sure why I didn't really like it back then.
    I've never seen this. If it's good I might pick it up. I'm not a fan of Roger's brand of acting though.

Charbydis, do you happen to know what happens at the end of god of honours? I'm having a hard time finding the last episode. I found a clip where Fiona reminds Irene how happy they used to be before the palace life and that was it =(
    In the end she dies and turns back in to a fox, Fiona takes her body away.

All the good guys go to be given god titles and ascends to heaven, except for three eyes who choose to live out his human existence with his wife. Michelle turns into a butterfly and follows Benny around but he doesn't remember her anymore.

It's pretty sad.

I'm currently rewatching Princess Changping 1979 with Damian Lau, Michelle Yim and David Chiang. I am enjoying it immensely. Even though the lighting is dark and the technology is very outdated, but the acting and kung fu display from everyone is really great. I forgot how much I missed seeing hand to hand combat instead of cgi or camera technique fights.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I'm currently rewatching Princess Changping 1979 with Damian Lau, Michelle Yim and David Chiang. I am enjoying it immensely. Even though the lighting is dark and the technology is very outdated, but the acting and kung fu display from everyone is really great. I forgot how much I missed seeing hand to hand combat instead of cgi or camera technique fights.
    All I remember about that serial is the invulnerable Cao Huachun laughing out loud at David Chiang before getting a caltrop thrown into his mouth! After so many years that scene still sticks in my mind, maybe because the actor who played Cao has such an effective villanous laugh.

ATV really had some really good hand-to-hand combat techniques due to their Shaw Brothers artistes, and I love watching old 70s and 80s ATV serials. Makes the TVB serials of the same era look really insipid. Looking back the Golden 80s TVB serials really relied on the star power of their actors, Joseph Khoo's killer soundtracks and little else - ATV serials have aged much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I've never seen this. If it's good I might pick it up. I'm not a fan of Roger's brand of acting though.

In the end she dies and turns back in to a fox, Fiona takes her body away.

All the good guys go to be given god titles and ascends to heaven, except for three eyes who choose to live out his human existence with his wife. Michelle turns into a butterfly and follows Benny around but he doesn't remember her anymore.

It's pretty sad.

I thought to get unstuck in time was good. Not a big fan of roger but I enjoy watching series where cases get solve. It does remind me a lot of the movie frequency.

hmm the ending for god of honour does sound very sad. Howcome Benny forgot about michelle?

I have never seen princess chyangping but I am a fan of michelle yim, will look for it later. Thanks =)

Anyone remember "The Ching Emperor"
    https://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/The...l#.ViC_FUrn-Hs

Anyone remember "The Ching Emperor"
    https://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/The...l#.ViC_FUrn-Hs
    Throughly loved it. It made Sukhasa much more of a scumbag than he was in Duke of Mount Deer, but I don't really know the true history behind the man anyway. I was quite upset that Kangxi was powerless to save Aobai's eldest son - surely if he had been firmer and more wise in his arguments he'd be able to prevent his suicide and salvage the pride of Aobai's clan at the same time. It was so obviously an honest mistake and a trap. I felt quite sorry for Aobai's daughter too, but have no sympathy for his younger son.

I loved how Noel ("the first Noel") matured and finally realised that she had to be fair to Derek and love him as her husband rather than pine over Kangxi all the while.

I like the first noel more also. =)
    I also like the female spy that ended up with Aobai. Forgot her name...

Recently started rewatching Justice Pao tvb version, really like Jackie and Maggie =)

Do anyone remember this TVB Felix Wong drama Racing Peak?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://video.phpmyanmar.com/getdrama/media1/53e1d5df506762232e04dd746b909abd.JPG')

I like the first noel more also. =)
    I also like the female spy that ended up with Aobai. Forgot her name...
    "Ma Kak Yee", played by the extremely cute (but a bit short) Amy Fan. Last time I saw her was in ATV's "Who's the winner?" where despite obviously well into her middle age continued to look absolutely stunning and classy. I wish she had more serials, and she really should have had a lead role or two - one of the few who could really act and look beautiful as well.

IIRC, she didn't end up with Aobai, but got killed trying to protect both Aobai (who she loved) and Sukhasa (who was her master) from killing each other or something.

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Do anyone remember this TVB Felix Wong drama Racing Peak?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://video.phpmyanmar.com/getdrama/media1/53e1d5df506762232e04dd746b909abd.JPG')
    Yes. It was a strange ending.

But I enjoyed the bickering between Felix and Amy. Strangely, I was annoyed by Ada's character even though I usually like her roles. I thought Amy finally took on a different type of role where she was not a perfect naive kind-hearted lady. I like how flawed here character was and it was unpredictable. Truthfully, I didn't care much for the Vincent-Fiona painting but it was very extremely sad how all 4 of his young daughter died in an accident together.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Oh! The Emperor was drowned under the orders of Irene. Irene got captured in the palace in her emperor robes and was beheaded. She charmed the executioner with her magic fox eyes but then I think ? Geung Zi Nga chopped her head off and she turned back into her true form, a white fox. Fiona then took her body and I assumed returned to her dad's country. Then everyone on the good side became a god/deity and had lots of fun, but Benny still did not find out that Michelle was the butterfly. Chin Ka Lok got reunited with his wife and son. Angela got beaten up and turned back into a jade pipa.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Oh! The Emperor was drowned under the orders of Irene. Irene got captured in the palace in her emperor robes and was beheaded. She charmed the executioner with her magic fox eyes but then I think ? Geung Zi Nga chopped her head off and she turned back into her true form, a white fox. Fiona then took her body and I assumed returned to her dad's country. Then everyone on the good side became a god/deity and had lots of fun, but Benny still did not find out that Michelle was the butterfly. Chin Ka Lok got reunited with his wife and son. Angela got beaten up and turned back into a jade pipa.
    oh wow I thought that china ka lok would somehow end up with his wife, son, and also rain lau. Wasn't rain lau told that whoever can move the boulder is going to be her future husband? That is why I thought he would probably have relationship with rain lau as well. What happens to the nail tail fox?

Does Benny end up with Michelle at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    "Ma Kak Yee", played by the extremely cute (but a bit short) Amy Fan. Last time I saw her was in ATV's "Who's the winner?" where despite obviously well into her middle age continued to look absolutely stunning and classy. I wish she had more serials, and she really should have had a lead role or two - one of the few who could really act and look beautiful as well.

IIRC, she didn't end up with Aobai, but got killed trying to protect both Aobai (who she loved) and Sukhasa (who was her master) from killing each other or something.
    Yeh I thought she was really pretty, her only other series I saw was in Chess master, I think she was filming in Taiwan for a while. I agree, wish she had more series

Yes I really like to watch TVB drama series especially the old ones. Those really old ones. Currently I was able to download the whole drama series of the foundling progress 1986 acted by Wilson Lam and Leon Lai MENG. However the show in dubbed in mandarin instead of Cantonese. I tried searching for the Cantonese version found it but it cannot be downloaded. So anybody with any suggestions here on how I can find this Cantonese series online which can be downloaded?

Charbydis, would u happen to know the name of an atv series that stars wong mei and gilbert lam. I think they bicker a lot in the beginning but they end up together at the end. I don't recall who else is in it.

Saw Invisible Journey airing on tv the other day. Looks interesting since a lot of the cast is no longer with tvb.

Oh Yay! I found ATV's "Good Lover, Bad Partner" in Cantonese!
    Cyril Connolly

Oh Yay! I found ATV's "Good Lover, Bad Partner" in Cantonese!
    What do you think of the ending? What happens to Wong Mei's character in the end? I think it was Lawrence on the other side as she was pulling the shower curtains. I do not think he would kill her thou. Maybe just take her to another location where no one can find them.

What do you think of the ending? What happens to Wong Mei's character in the end? I think it was Lawrence on the other side as she was pulling the shower curtains. I do not think he would kill her thou. Maybe just take her to another location where no one can find them.
    I thought it was an interesting ending but I do wish that there was some clarity on what it meant. I think that Lawrence was going to be obsessed with Wong Mei forever and as you say, he won't kill her and would rather take her to an unknown location where they can be together. However, he was so crazy at the end that he may kill her by accident and then spend time with her dead body or kill her before the cops get top them so no one could steal her way again.
    Cyril Connolly

I thought it was an interesting ending but I do wish that there was some clarity on what it meant. I think that Lawrence was going to be obsessed with Wong Mei forever and as you say, he won't kill her and would rather take her to an unknown location where they can be together. However, he was so crazy at the end that he may kill her by accident and then spend time with her dead body or kill her before the cops get top them so no one could steal her way again.
    Wow I didn't think about that but your right, he was so crazy at the end, he probably would spend time with her dead body. I never really got why he became so obsess with her to the point he was willing to hurt everyone around her. I know that the first girlfriend treated him really bad and Wong Mei's character help prove that he was innocent in the beginning when he was on trial. To be honest, he seems to be thinking way ahead of the game, I don't think the police would ever catch him.