Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I was excited too but it now looks that TVB is treated Andrew and Gilbert very different upon their recent return to TVB. Andrew has been in a lot of series in the past year and all of them have varying roles for him to expand in. He has been put in the immensely popular sitcom "Lo and Behold" which has helped his image a lot.

Gilbert has not really been in much. He has been given cliched villian roles. I get it that he excels in villian roles but he keeps getting crazy psycho roles that don't really have much depth for the audience to side with him. He did get praised for his role in that detective series with Adia which I thought was not that enjoyable, but he did get some interviews after that which I hope helps. I just saw him in "Ratman to the Rescue" but he is more like a guest role.

What I am looking forward to is the upcoming drama "Of Greed and Ants" which looks like a serious production and it has a good cast like Eddie Cheung (who is one of my favourites). Andrew will be in there. Gilbert will be in a slightly smaller role and paired with Akina Hong which could be interesting. The trailer looks great.

I am glad that TVB is giving more chances to the older artistes that have come since the collapse of ATV. They do perform well and guide the youngsters in acting. I just hope TVB improves on their scripts and move away from police mole series which is an genre that I have become tired off in the past few years.
    Good to hear Andrew doing well at TVB. He really improve a lot in acting. Sad they always put Gilbert in villian roles.
    Of Greed and Ants sounds interesting. When does this series come out?
    Akina Hong is another underrated actress. I remember she was always cast as a villian as well.

Now that you mention it, most of the posters i've seen of tvb series looks like some kind of police story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Good to hear Andrew doing well at TVB. He really improve a lot in acting. Sad they always put Gilbert in villian roles.
    Of Greed and Ants sounds interesting. When does this series come out?
    Akina Hong is another underrated actress. I remember she was always cast as a villian as well.

Now that you mention it, most of the posters i've seen of tvb series looks like some kind of police story.
    OGAA is out now. UP to ep 10. Eddie Cheung is doing great despite him trying to play a similar age to Edwin. I like the feel of the series. It is not perfect but I like it.

It is about Eddie Cheung who is a well educated Thai-Chinese who is forced to flee his home and he gradually succumbs to the dark side of greed after being disillusioned with the world. I find his character development quite good. You might hate him, you might like him.

I laughed for half an hour when Eddie started calling Hugo Ng "uncle" since they played Yip Hoi and Fu Hung Suet back in 1988.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

OGAA is out now. UP to ep 10. Eddie Cheung is doing great despite him trying to play a similar age to Edwin. I like the feel of the series. It is not perfect but I like it.

It is about Eddie Cheung who is a well educated Thai-Chinese who is forced to flee his home and he gradually succumbs to the dark side of greed after being disillusioned with the world. I find his character development quite good. You might hate him, you might like him.

I laughed for half an hour when Eddie started calling Hugo Ng "uncle" since they played Yip Hoi and Fu Hung Suet back in 1988.
    sounds interesting, i will look into this series. I really enjoy the black sabre now that you mention Hugo and Eddie.

Also, I notice vampire expert is on tvb mystery channel now so hopefully they will air heroine of the yangs at some point.

sounds interesting, i will look into this series. I really enjoy the black sabre now that you mention Hugo and Eddie.

Also, I notice vampire expert is on tvb mystery channel now so hopefully they will air heroine of the yangs at some point.
    I am over the moon that they have showed classic ATV series on their channel. The only sad thing is that they had to mute some scenes due to copyright issues with the background music and themesongs. I really want to watch "Secret Battle of the Majesties" again in Cantonese. I know the story is not historically accurate but some bits were very heart wrenching to watch and Yong Zheng was such a complicated character.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I am over the moon that they have showed classic ATV series on their channel. The only sad thing is that they had to mute some scenes due to copyright issues with the background music and themesongs. I really want to watch "Secret Battle of the Majesties" again in Cantonese. I know the story is not historically accurate but some bits were very heart wrenching to watch and Yong Zheng was such a complicated character.
    I believe secret battle of the majesties is already on youtube but not uploaded by tvb.

just finish reincarnated 2. Eric and Lo chung wa did a very good job.

Just finish rewatching fearless duo. I don't remember it being so funny but it's a pretty good series.

Charbydis, Cruel lover is on youtube now.

Charbydis, Cruel lover is on youtube now.
    Oh yeah! Where?
    Cyril Connolly

Oh yeah! Where?
    Charbydis, sorry for very late reply. I'm not sure if you found it already but if you haven't, here's the link

https://youtu.be/St7a_Eq3ICo

I was watching it and it's interesting but so sad.

Has anyone seen a man who lives twice with Jacky Liu, Au Suk Jing, and Wong Mei? having a hard time finding this series.

Charbydis, sorry for very late reply. I'm not sure if you found it already but if you haven't, here's the link

https://youtu.be/St7a_Eq3ICo

I was watching it and it's interesting but so sad.
    Thanks Nan Ling. I found out that ATV's official youtube channel also uploaded it. The format is clearer but due to copyright a lot of sounds is missing so i have been switching between ATV and Coco's channel to fill in the blanks. I feel that upon watching it again, I feel that the story could be remade now and the themes would still be popular now. The women in this series are not very strong. The strongest of them all is Ah Yan and I feel that she is undecided on what her revenge, had it not been the general guiding her.

Great acting by the leads. I feel very sorry for his mum.
    Cyril Connolly

ATV...good memory, I remember they also did many good serie and specially ''My Date with a Vampire'' which the whole 3 seasons can be also find in youtube....

miss old serie like before....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    ATV...good memory, I remember they also did many good serie and specially ''My Date with a Vampire'' which the whole 3 seasons can be also find in youtube....

miss old serie like before....sigh....
    Yes, so many memories. My Date with a Vampire was one of my favorite series. Anyone remember a man who live twice, a series with Jackie Liu dies and meets an angel. Saw it so long ago do not remember much. Been looking for the series.