Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Default Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Hi! Let's start this thread for talking about miscellaneous series.

Who has watched "Conscience" with Maggie Siu, Amy Kwok and Derek Wan? I think it is a classic though very dark and pessimistic.
    Last edited by charbydis; 07-13-15 at 02:26 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I saw it back then when it first came out. I just remember that frog princess song by deric wan, I forgot the name of the song. It's been very long time so I don't remember a lot of details. I think Maggie was suffering abuse from her mother? I just remember being angry at the ending because they arrest her saying she tried to kill Deric but she was only talking to him. I know she did lock herself in the room with him. But I guess if she was trying to kill him, she would pull the tubes and everything off of him. I thought this series was very different after watching them together in blood of good and evil. I really thought they would end up together somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I saw it back then when it first came out. I just remember that frog princess song by deric wan, I forgot the name of the song. It's been very long time so I don't remember a lot of details. I think Maggie was suffering abuse from her mother? I just remember being angry at the ending because they arrest her saying she tried to kill Deric but she was only talking to him. I know she did lock herself in the room with him. But I guess if she was trying to kill him, she would pull the tubes and everything off of him. I thought this series was very different after watching them together in blood of good and evil. I really thought they would end up together somehow.
    Maggie was emotionally neglected by her mum who preferred the company of many men. One of her mum's lovers, Lok Ying Kwan, tried to rape her so she killed him. Even her mum turned against her during the trial which caused her to breakdown, so Deric came along in his super naive autistic form, she got really attached to him because of his unyielding support.

Well at the end, she was emotionally unstable so I guess she was considered dangerous. But she was really cuckoo by the end. In fact she started to lose it after Ng Wai Kok died.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

ah yes I do recall one of the guys trying to rape her and she accidently killed him. Deric had witness it. I don't really remember the end. I think she had a daughter with Deric. Sad ending...

Anyone seen vengeance?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Vengeance

I thought the series was pretty good but I don't think I would re-watch it just because it got too sad for me.

ah yes I do recall one of the guys trying to rape her and she accidently killed him. Deric had witness it. I don't really remember the end. I think she had a daughter with Deric. Sad ending...
    Oh! The kid was adopted!

I sort of remember "Vengeance". Irene's family was killed by Gallen's dad many years ago and she takes revenge by getting close to his sons. Irene was beautiful but her expressions were very limited. Somehow I remember Gallen getting raped in jail. Or is it in "Ambition"?
    Cyril Connolly

Anyone remember Beside the Seaside, Beside the Sea with Nnadia and Ekin? I remember see this and like it. But for the whole story, i should rewatch in my vhs hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    Anyone remember Beside the Seaside, Beside the Sea with Nnadia and Ekin? I remember see this and like it. But for the whole story, i should rewatch in my vhs hm...
    Ah I kind of remember this series. I remember back then Nnadia and Ekin were pair together a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Oh! The kid was adopted!

I sort of remember "Vengeance". Irene's family was killed by Gallen's dad many years ago and she takes revenge by getting close to his sons. Irene was beautiful but her expressions were very limited. Somehow I remember Gallen getting raped in jail. Or is it in "Ambition"?
    Oh I do not remember that the daughter was adopted. In the end Deric doesn't wake up? I do not remember.

I thought Irene was very pretty in Vengeance. Yes, Irene's father and mother gets killed by Gallen's/Deric's dad. The brother ends up in the mental institute. She seeks revenge. I think Gallen was the villain in the series, I can't recall. I don't remember which series Gallen gets rape in jail. In ambition, I just remember he was very vicious. He dates all three sisters and I think he kills Noel leung after he gets her pregnant but realizes that she was not blood related to the rich dad.

Anyone recall this series with david siu where he plays a police officer and I think he was mean to his colleagues. I don't remember what the series is called.

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    Sorry, but what is the chinese name of this series?
    Cyril Connolly

Oh I do not remember that the daughter was adopted. In the end Deric doesn't wake up? I do not remember.
    The daughter was initially adopted by Maggie's mum. but Maggie took over the adoption when her mum killed herself in jail. She ends up abusing the kid and she was taken away from Child Protective Services.

Deric does wake up after Maggie left, but he became retarded, so even worse than what he was in the beginning when he was autistic. He could not remember anyone or anything. It almost drove Maggie to kill herself in the end when she realised that he has zilch memory of her at all. But he does know that Amy visits him everyday and treats him well.

I thought Irene was very pretty in Vengeance. Yes, Irene's father and mother gets killed by Gallen's/Deric's dad. The brother ends up in the mental institute. She seeks revenge. I think Gallen was the villain in the series, I can't recall. I don't remember which series Gallen gets rape in jail. In ambition, I just remember he was very vicious. He dates all three sisters and I think he kills Noel leung after he gets her pregnant but realizes that she was not blood related to the rich dad.
    I remember in ambition that Gallen was the son of a prostitute, so he vows to be rich and powerful so no one will ever look down on him again. I know that he liked one Amy, but dated her twin sister and her adopted sister. The Amy he liked was in love with Michael Tao. I thought the series was good but lacked a memorable ending like "Vengeance".
    Cyril Connolly

hm, here 月兒彎彎照九州
    also I remember I love when Nnadia sing this song

Conscience was too sad for me to rewatch but back then I really really like Maggie and Deric. Love series they are in together. Especially blood of good and evil =) I do remember he ends up falling in love with Amy at some point.

I like Nnadia and like her songs from birdsong and zu mountain saga 2. I think there was one year 7 out of top ten songs were all her songs.

I liked Nadia in her earlier works. Is she still acting now?
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I liked Nadia in her earlier works. Is she still acting now?
    I think she is retire now, she got married to another actor I believe. I also like her earlier work. Watching Fate of the last empire. She is very pretty there.

I think she is retire now, she got married to another actor I believe. I also like her earlier work. Watching Fate of the last empire. She is very pretty there.
    That is tragic. One of the most tragic endings ever. But the initially competition between the fengshi formations was fun and creative though. Noel really stood out in here as Cixi.
    Cyril Connolly

The ending reminds me of Thief of honour with Noel and Ekin. I'm currently rewatching it since its been so long that I only remember the ending. Miss Timmy ho's acting. Very surprise with Noel's acting here since its different from all her other roles.

The ending reminds me of Thief of honour with Noel and Ekin. I'm currently rewatching it since its been so long that I only remember the ending. Miss Timmy ho's acting. Very surprise with Noel's acting here since its different from all her other roles.
    Noel is actually quite good in "villain" roles. It was just that she was typecasted in sweet or demure roles. I quite like Noel and thought that she was very underused by TVB. It was sad that Timmy quit acting but it was because of "The Fate of the Last Empire" that got him interested in religion and eventually became a monk. It is kind of ironic since his family owned Po Sang Bank which was very rich, but as long as he is happy with his choice.

Which one is "Thief of Honour" again? Is it the one with Dicky?
    Cyril Connolly

Thief of Honour was so sad and I still remember it well..
    When Noel became a nun and Ekin coming to search her...she decide not recognize him...because Ekin kill her dad...and she keep asking him for not killing her dad...
    Fate the last Empire...it's alike the ending from Thief of Honour yes....when Nnadia walk and meet in from of her Timmy and decide too to past from him...omg twice TVB make me soooooo in tear..and I was small then o.o