Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I am having a great time with all the TVB Youtube channels showing the classics again. My favourite is the Mystery Channel, and Kungfu Channel not to bad either. The Wuxia Channel is getting a bit repetitive as there are not much choice with the adaptations, but to see the old faces are a great joy.
    I can't wait for the Mystery Channel to air "Chi Ching Kip" again. That show gave me nightmares when I was a kid, and I'm curious to see how well it stands up to time now. My guess is... very well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I can't wait for the Mystery Channel to air "Chi Ching Kip" again. That show gave me nightmares when I was a kid, and I'm curious to see how well it stands up to time now. My guess is... very well indeed.
    Send me a message when that one goes up, Ian.

I am rewatching "Against the Blade of Honour" now. I did not enjoy it as much as before when I watched it a child. The plot really crawls and Ding Pang is annoying to me, even before he was betrayed. Still like Eddie's acting better.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I am rewatching "Against the Blade of Honour" now. I did not enjoy it as much as before when I watched it a child. The plot really crawls and Ding Pang is annoying to me, even before he was betrayed. Still like Eddie's acting better.
    I found Ding Pang annoying because he was selfish and indecisive. I feel bad for King Mo Ming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I found Ding Pang annoying because he was selfish and indecisive. I feel bad for King Mo Ming.
    The open ending was stupid. I would rather that both Ding Fang and Yam Tin Hang died in their duel and that was that. Why on earth would Ding Pang survive and not go back to see his son? The open ending was not needed.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I am searching for download links for this famous TVB drama released in year 1994. The title of the TVB drama is called (Instinct). It is acted by Adam Cheng as the main actor. Also featuring Ekin Cheng as well. This TVB has got 40 episodes. Unfortunately I cannot find the download link and cannot watch his TVB drama. Can someone help me out.

The open ending was stupid. I would rather that both Ding Fang and Yam Tin Hang died in their duel and that was that. Why on earth would Ding Pang survive and not go back to see his son? The open ending was not needed.
    I think they both died or else he would return.
    I actually just rewatch it recently. What do you think of Irene's character? At times, I feel bad for her because it seems she regretted what she did and just want to be with Ding Pang.
    With Yam Tin Hang, did he really like that princess?

Quote Originally Posted by interested View Post
    I am searching for download links for this famous TVB drama released in year 1994. The title of the TVB drama is called (Instinct). It is acted by Adam Cheng as the main actor. Also featuring Ekin Cheng as well. This TVB has got 40 episodes. Unfortunately I cannot find the download link and cannot watch his TVB drama. Can someone help me out.
    I think I've seen it on youtube, not sure. I have to double check again.

On another note, has anyone seen shades of darkness or mysterious files? I actually found shades of darkness scary especially in the beginning.

I think I've seen it on youtube, not sure. I have to double check again.

On another note, has anyone seen shades of darkness or mysterious files? I actually found shades of darkness scary especially in the beginning.
    Thanks. Anyway once you have found the download link for the whole series of Instinct 1994 please post it here. I want the download link for the TVB drama in Cantonese version. Thank you so much.

my apologies interested, it look like lots of series was up, then some of the shows got taken down. But youtube have been putting a lot of shows lately again, maybe they will eventually put instinct up.

Just finish watching unnatural born killers and thought it was pretty good. I find the assassins very interesting.

Currently watching the Legend of Dik ching. I like Tse Ling's character so far.

Just finish watching unnatural born killers and thought it was pretty good. I find the assassins very interesting.

I just finished watching "Happy Ever After". Such a nice series though historically inaccurate. TVB series nowadays just miss that spark.
    Cyril Connolly

I was so happy to see Lai and Miu finally starring together. Alas they didn't have that much chemistry. The series was enjoyable nevertheless. Don't you find the ending abrupt? It's like the director got tired so decided to call it "end" then and there.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the actor who acted as Song Qingshu in HSDS86 and was he in any other series besides HSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I was so happy to see Lai and Miu finally starring together. Alas they didn't have that much chemistry. The series was enjoyable nevertheless. Don't you find the ending abrupt? It's like the director got tired so decided to call it "end" then and there.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the actor who acted as Song Qingshu in HSDS86 and was he in any other series besides HSDS?
    According to the net, his name is 何树燊 (Hor Shu Zhan?). He played numerous small roles in TVB during the 80s (1986 Song Qingshu was probably his largest role with TVB) and it's almost impossible to count. He had a larger role in ATV's Storm in Shanghai II as Adam Cheng's second son, but it was still a fairly small supporting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    According to the net, his name is 何树燊 (Hor Shu Zhan?). He played numerous small roles in TVB during the 80s (1986 Song Qingshu was probably his largest role with TVB) and it's almost impossible to count. He had a larger role in ATV's Storm in Shanghai II as Adam Cheng's second son, but it was still a fairly small supporting role.
    That dude always struck me as an Asian version of Hayden Christiansen, best known for playing Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker in STAR WARS II and III.

Thanks for the info, Ian. I'm surprised he didn't land any other significant roles. His acting wasn't too shabby. I especially like his fight with Wuji at that Peak. It was nicely done visually.

I just finished watching "Happy Ever After". Such a nice series though historically inaccurate. TVB series nowadays just miss that spark.
    I remember watching this series when it first came out. Very funny and the food made me hungry.

Just finish watching untraceable evidence I and II. Pretty good. Miss a lot of these actors and actress.

Just finish watching untraceable evidence I and II. Pretty good. Miss a lot of these actors and actress.
    Almost everyone had chemistry in the past and TVB could mix any couple they wanted and still get a good result. Nowadays it is always the same couple until people get sick of them together.
    Cyril Connolly

Almost everyone had chemistry in the past and TVB could mix any couple they wanted and still get a good result. Nowadays it is always the same couple until people get sick of them together.
    I haven't watching tv for quite some time now so I'm not familiar with the new actors and actress. I do recall reading that they have a shortage. I was excited when I heard Gilbert Lam and Andrew Yuen went to TVB.

I haven't watching tv for quite some time now so I'm not familiar with the new actors and actress. I do recall reading that they have a shortage. I was excited when I heard Gilbert Lam and Andrew Yuen went to TVB.
    I was excited too but it now looks that TVB is treated Andrew and Gilbert very different upon their recent return to TVB. Andrew has been in a lot of series in the past year and all of them have varying roles for him to expand in. He has been put in the immensely popular sitcom "Lo and Behold" which has helped his image a lot.

Gilbert has not really been in much. He has been given cliched villian roles. I get it that he excels in villian roles but he keeps getting crazy psycho roles that don't really have much depth for the audience to side with him. He did get praised for his role in that detective series with Adia which I thought was not that enjoyable, but he did get some interviews after that which I hope helps. I just saw him in "Ratman to the Rescue" but he is more like a guest role.

What I am looking forward to is the upcoming drama "Of Greed and Ants" which looks like a serious production and it has a good cast like Eddie Cheung (who is one of my favourites). Andrew will be in there. Gilbert will be in a slightly smaller role and paired with Akina Hong which could be interesting. The trailer looks great.

I am glad that TVB is giving more chances to the older artistes that have come since the collapse of ATV. They do perform well and guide the youngsters in acting. I just hope TVB improves on their scripts and move away from police mole series which is an genre that I have become tired off in the past few years.
    Cyril Connolly