Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 武动乾坤 - Wu Dong Qian Kun by 天蚕土豆 - Tian Can Tu Dou

Chapter 34: Lei Li

One by one, astonished gazes looked to Xie Ting, whose cheek had turned red after receiving Lin Dongs slap. The once noisy space had became absolutely silent.

The silence only lasted for a moment before some people regained their wits and stared strangely at Lin Dong, evidently flabbergasted at his decision. No matter what insults spewed out of her mouth, Xie Ting was considered a beauty. Yet this did not cause even the slightly hesitation on Lin Dongs part.

Fierce and decisive. Some people in the crowd secretly evaluated Lin Dong in their hearts. The methods of this genius, who had recently emerged from the Lin Family, seemed somewhat different.

Lin Xie and the rest were also stunned by Lin Dongs actions. As they gazed at the dazed Xie Ting, who had her hand on her cheek, a thrill emerged in their hearts. This ***** had always despised their Lin Family and the sight of her being slapped by Lin Dong was extremely satisfying.

Just as the slap landed on Xie Tings face, Lin Dong suddenly stretched out his other palm and firmly caught an explosive blow that was heading his way. To his surprise, it turned out to be a broken rock. However the force behind the rock was unable to make Lin Dongs arm budge at all.

You hit me You actually dared to hit me!

Just as Lin Dong grabbed onto the broken rock, Xie Ting finally regained her senses. The burning sensation on her cheek caused her body to tremble. She lifted her head and glared at Lin Dong with a hideous expression, her face losing all traces of its previously haughty look.

There will always be a price to pay for speaking without thinking first. Lin Dong glanced at her and replied in an indifferent manner.

Who do you think you are, to dare to hit me? Lin Dongs casual expression drove Xie Ting nearly insane. Since young, who had dared to lay a hand on her?

Her beautiful face twitched slightly. In the next second, she raised her palm and viciously swung it towards Lin Dongs face.

Pa!

Lin Dong extended his palm and easily stopped Xie Tings palm. Just as he was about to push her off, suddenly a cold shout echoed from a distance away.

I think, that should be enough?

The Yuan Power gathering at Lin Dongs palm gradually withdrew as he tilted his head to see a young lady dressed in a fox fur coat approaching them from a distance away. The young lady gave off an elegant aura and her looks bore some similarity to Xie Ting. However, she did not exhibit an unreasonable or mean aura like Xie Ting. In fact, this lady looked very approachable, and this fact caused Lin Dong to frown.

Sister!

Upon seeing the young lady, Xie Tings eyes reddened as she called out.

Xie Family, Xie Yingying. At this point, Lin Dong also figured out her identity. This was the most outstanding member of the Xie Familys younger generation, Xie Yingying.

You must be Lin Dong? Your actions from before were no good. Sometimes, acting rashly may cause your entire Family to suffer. Xie Yingying stared at Lin Dong with her autumn water eyes as she uttered casually with a hint of coldness in her voice.

Where were you at when they were bullying people from our Lin Family? Lin Dong replied with a sneer as he released Xie Ting while meeting the stare of the slim young lady ahead of him.

Xie Yingying lifted her eyebrows. Just as she was about to reply, Lin Dong followed up: Spare me your bullshit. At the end of the day, whoever is stronger reigns. Since a long time ago, your Xie Family has been targeting our Lin Family. If you guys had the ability, you would have chased us out of QingYang Town. The reason why we still survive is because you guys did not have the power and even if you could, you knew that the price to pay would be too high!

She hit a member of my Lin Family. Its only right that I hit her back. If you wish to stir up more trouble, go ahead, but spare me your ridiculous bullshit.

Upon hearing these words, many people in the surrounding crowd nodded. Lin Dongs words were harsh, yet they also made sense. All these years, the Lin Family had expanded rapidly, and even though they had not directly crossed swords with the Xie or Lei Family, most people knew that the Lin Family would not lose out on any front to the Xie or Lei Family.

However, if the two Families allied themselves, they would surely overpower the Lin Family. Nonetheless, the Raging Blade Dojo would not allow that to happen. After all, once the Lin Family was eliminated, they knew that the next target would likely be them.

Therefore, all these years, a delicate balance had checked these four major factions. Hence, it was childish to discuss which faction would eliminate which.

Xie Yingying was at a loss for words at Lin Dongs retort. Her face instantly turned slightly ugly.

Yes, well said. Indeed, whoever is stronger will reign.

Just as Xie Yingying was left speechless, a chuckle suddenly sounded out and a figure jumped down from the second floor. Straightening his back, an overwhelming pressure was felt by every younger generation member present.

Lei Li!

As they stared at the well-built young man, the expression on Lin Xia and the rest changed and they quickly crowded behind Lin Dong, a look of worry in their eyes.

Big Brother Lei Li! The members of the Xie Family shouted out in delight. In particular, Xie Ting was even more ecstatic.

Lei Li, he should be Xie Yingying's fiance and the so-called number one younger generation member in QingYang Town?

Lin Dongs eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the young man. The latter was approximately seventeen to eighteen years old and his body was very tall and well-built. Furthermore, since he was quite good looking and wore a bright and confident smile, he possessed a glamor that was lacking in the rest of the younger generation members.

Yingying, let me handle them. Lei Li smiled as he tenderly looked at Xie Yingying.

Yes. At the sight of Lei Li, Xie Yingying also let out a small smile. Soon after, she turned back to look at Lin Dong as a smug expression surfaced on her lips.

You must be Lin Dong? Haha. I must admit, I agree with what you said before. However, lets make one issue clear. If it were not for the interventions by Raging Blade Dojo, the Lin Family would have already been chased out of QingYang Town like dogs running away with tails beneath their legs. Lei Li chuckled as he observed Lin Dong.

If the Lei and Xie Family were not allies, you would not dare to utter such words after all thats only an if Lin Dong casually replied with a smile.

Very well, you have a way with words

Lei Lis eyes narrowed as he shrugged his shoulder before cracking his knuckles. He looked right at Lin Dong and he smiled: I must admit once more that I fully agree with something else you said previously. At the end of the day, the stronger one reign. Right now perhaps my power is stronger than yours and I wish to repay the slap that you gave Ting-er.

Upon hearing Lei Lis words, the expression on Lin Xia and the rest instantly changed. It was reputed that Lei Li had long advanced to Tempered Body 9th Layer. Even though Lin Dong was at Tempered Body 8th Layer, he was unable to contend against Lei Li.

Thump!

Lei Li obviously not did not plan to allow Lin Dong any time to reject. Thus, just as he finished his words, he immediately dashed forward and appeared in front of Lin Dong. On his fist, a thick glow swiftly emerged and the force behind that blow caused Lin Xia and the rest to turn pale.

Back off!

As he saw Lei Lis lightning quick attack, Lin Dongs expression focused as his back knocked heavily against Lin Xia and the rest, pushing them aside. Soon after, a series of crisp echoes reverberated in the plaza.

Pa Pa Pa Pa

Penetrating Fist Ninth Echo? Upon hearing this familiar noise, many people in the crowd were shocked as they stared at Lin Dong with awe in their eyes. They did not expect that this latter could actually master Penetrating Fist at such a tender age. However, just based on that alone, it was still insufficient to endure Lei Lis attack.

Pa!

Almost as if he knew what the crowd was thinking, after the ninth echo sounded, a soft miniscule echo sounded out from within Lin Dongs body. However, this echo was inaudible only to Lin Dong.

Bang!

Under the watchful gaze of the crowd, both of them clashed together with their mighty blows causing a giant invisible shockwave to scatter from the epicenter.

Chapter 35: Preliminary Exchange

Thump!

A low muffled sound was heard as both fists collided. The resulting impact caused all the dust on the surrounding ground to be completely blown away.

The outcome that the crowd had expected did not materialize. Rather, Lin Dongs body stood firmly planted on the ground like a giant boulder when received Lei Lis Tempered Body 9th Layer blow.

Deng Deng!

Both of them took a few steps back after the collision. Lei Li fell back by two steps, while Lin Dong three steps. Overall, Lei Lis attack did not have the expected impact that the crowd had imagined.

He actually managed to take that blow

As they stared at Lin Dong, who had ended up evenly matched with Lei Li, a look of shock surfaced on every younger generation member. After all, Lei Li had a legendary reputation in the QingYang Town and many people had speculated that within half a years time, he would breakthrough Tempered Body 9th Layer and advance to Earthly Yuan level. At that time, the strength of the Lei Family will soar again.

Among the younger generation in QingYang Town, Lei Li was universally recognized as number one. However, today, this so called number one was actually stopped by a younger member from the Lin Family. This surprising development caused many peoples eyes to pop out of their sockets.

Xie Yingying and Xie Tings facial expressions changed as a look of anxiety surfaced in the formers eyes. It looks like this newcomer Lin Dong was truly capable.

In a blink of an eye, Xie Yingying calmed down. Even though Lin Dong had unexpectedly endured Lei Lis attack, it did not mean that he had the qualifications to go toe to toe with Lei Li yet.

After all, Lei Li was at Tempered Body 9th layer. Hence, compared to Lin Dong, who was only at Tempered Body 8th Layer, he was still much stronger. Furthermore, in their previous exchange, Lin Dong had used martial arts while Lei Li did not!

Therefore, if they were to continue and fighting seriously, Lin Dong loss was a forgone conclusion.

Penetrating Fish Ninth Echo? Not bad

As Lei Li stepped back, he looked at Lin Dong with a somewhat astonished look. Soon after, he smiled as he shook his hands: No wonder you could act so haughty. Turns out you do have some ability. However, you might not be so lucky the next time

After he spoke, on Lei Lis claw-like hands, a thick glow surfaced as the Yuan Power undulated. It seems like he was finally going to use martial arts to confront his opponent.

Upon witnessing this sight, the joy that Lin Xia and the rest felt instantly turned into dread. Based on his expression, it seems like Lei Li had finally turned serious.

Lin Dong expression was calm. He knew that there was a vast gulf between Tempered Body 8th Layer and 9th Layer. Even if he had utilized the tenth echo of Penetrating Fist, he could barely match up to Lei Li. Furthermore, the latter had obviously trained in martial arts, and thanks to the Lei Familys solid background, he was probably quite well-versed in it. Therefore, if they fought seriously, Lei Li would probably have a better shot at victory.

Nonetheless, Lin Dong was confident that even if Lei Li won, it would be a pyrrhic victory!

Huu

Lin Dong deeply exhaled as he stretched all ten of his fingers. He was anxious to find out just how powerful his Wonder Gate Seal technique would be together with his full strength. Even though it was only the first chapter of Wonder Gate Seal, which had been abandoned by Lin Xiao and Lin Zhen Tian, Lin Dong knew that the might of this martial art had became stronger after it was perfected by the Stone Talisman Glowing Shadow.

More onlookers gathered around as they witnessed the rising tension in the surrounding atmosphere. They were very interested to discover, whether the upcoming talent that had emerged from the Lin Family could match up to the legendary young genius Lei Li...

With his palms bent back, Lei Lis glare towards Lin Dong turned increasingly vicious. The Lei Family was considered as the most well-established faction in the QingYang Town and they often despised other factions like the Lin Family that suddenly invaded and came into power. Therefore, he knew that if he did not utterly defeat Lin Dong, he would become a laughing stock.

Hehe, this place is really crowded

Just as the Yuan Power in Lei Lis body started to swirl, a contemptuous laughter sounded out. Moments later ten figures leaped off a nearby building and directly walked towards the crowd.

These ten figures were all youngsters aged around sixteen or seventeen. They all wore the same clothes and a picture of a wildly dancing large sabre was sewn on their chest area.

Raging Blade Dojo.

Lin Dong was slightly stunned when he saw these people. He recognized them based on the picture on their shirts. They were from the Raging Blade Dojo, the third major faction that stood on the same level as the Xie and Lei Family.

Leading the pack of suave youngsters was a lean young man. That young man had extraordinarily large palms and was riddled with scars that were evidently caused by frequent practise with blades. He first glared at Lei Li before he raised his thumb and smiled at Lin Dong: You must be Lin Dong from Lin Family? Your courage and insight are indeed pretty good.

Wu Yu, this is between me and him. Dont meddle in other peoples business!! Lei Li shouted at the smiling young man with a dark expression on his face.

If I dont step in, wont you guys are act like the whole QingYang Town belongs to you? Wu Yun rolled his eyes as he derisively answered. Looking at him, it was evident that he had some bad blood with Lei Li and the rest.

Heh heh, Lei Li. Since you are itching for a battle, how about I join in? As he smiled, Wu Yun replied as he stared somewhat passionately at Lei Li and licked his lips.

Upon hearing these words, Lei Lis expression darkened further. He knew that he could defeat Wu Yun. However, the people from Raging Blade Dojo were rogues and they loved fighting. Once they start fighting, they will fight until the very end like a lunatic. Therefore, under normal circumstances, Lei Li wished to avoid a fight with the latter.

Wu Yun, Lei Li-da-ge does not wish to fight with you. Going around to stir up trouble, is that the style of your Raging Blade Dojo? Xie Yingying asked in an indifferent manner.

I do not know if that is the style of Raging Blade Dojo, but it definitely is my style. If you have any objections, you can discuss it with me, thought I might not accept. Facing the sarcasm in Xie Yingyings words, Wu Yun seriously answered instead as he nodded his head.

Xie Yingying bit her red lips as her facial expression turned slightly black. Nothing seemed to be going her way today. First, she encountered a harsh straightforward talker, Lin Dong, and now she had met a hoodlum. Hence, rage filled her entire body.

At Wu Yuns reply, Lin Dong involuntarily let out a smile. He seemed to have taken a liking to this smart-*** fellow.

Lin Dongs face twitched as his expression darkened.

Alright, all you little fellows have caused enough trouble already. Its time to head home, this is a place for conducting business.

Just as the atmosphere was totally disrupted by Wu Yun, a resigned voice sounded out from a nearby building. As the crowd turned to look, they saw a middle-aged man standing above and looking down at them. Behind him, stood a crowd of burly huge men.

That man is in charge of the plaza. His name is Wang Jin and he is a Earthly Yuan practitioner. Standing behind Lin Dong, Lin Xia softly said. At this instant, she secretly heaved a sigh of relief in her heart. Now that this man had appeared, the curtain will finally close on this drama.

After Wang Jing emerged, Lei Lis eyebrows frowned as he realized that today would be a difficult occasion to make his move. As the undulating Yuan Power dissipated in his palm, he turned to look at Lin Dong before coldly saying: You got lucky today. Rest assured, when the QingYang Hunt arrives, I will make sure to take special care of you. Since I promised to retrieve the slap you gave to Ting-er, I will make sure to keep my word

Also, Wu Yun, I will definitely give you a good beating during the hunt. When that time arrives, dont cower away

As he finished, Lei Li let out a sneer and turned to leave with Xie Yingying and the rest. In the following days, he knew that once he advanced to Earthly Yuan level, he could easily handle both Lin Dong and Wu Yun together.

As he gazed at Lei Lis back, Lin Dong slightly narrowed his eyes as a smile formed on his lips. QingYang Town Hunt, he was now starting to look forward to it...

Chapter 36: Family Gathering

As Lin Xia and the rest saw Lei Li finally depart, they secretly heaved a sigh of relief in their hearts. Although Lin Dong had displayed an astonishing strength during this period of time, even they did not favour Lin Dongs odds against the reputed genius Lei Li. Therefore, it would be best to avoid a fight.

Hehe, Lin Xia, seems like a remarkable fellow has finally emerged from the Lin Family. After he saw Lei Li left, Wu Yuan turned and swept his gaze across Lin Dong before he finally looked at Lin Xia and smiled.

Lin Xia rolled her eyes in response. Soon after, she patted Lin Dongs shoulders. With a proud expression, she said: Of course. Given Lin Dong-biao-des speed, he can easily surpass all of you.

Lin Dong shook his head in resignation as he saw how much faith Lin Xia had placed in him. Then, with a smile, he told Wu Yun: Thank you for helping out today.

He obviously realized that Wu Yun intervened in order to create chaos and prevent Lei Li from attacking him peacefully.

No need for thanks. After all, we are at loggerheads with Lei Li too. If I can make him suffer, I will gladly do it. Wu Yun smiled as he flicked his hand. He did not display any airs in front of Lin Dong. Wu Yan had observed during the short exchange with Lei Li, that the latter was in no way weaker than himself.

Lin Dong smiled. It seems like Raging Blade Dojo and the Lei and Xie Family did not have a good relationship. In that case, it was probably good news for the Lin Family. After all, if these three major factions allied, even with Lin Xiaos return, the Lin Family would definitely be overpowered.

Its getting late, I will make a move first. Haha, Lin Dong, I will see you at the hunt again. However, when that times comes, let hope for a good fight.

The two of them chatted for a while before Wu Yun smiled and waved goodbye. Then, he left with his people.

Let's return as well.
    As he saw the place emptying out, Lin Dong smiled and turned to tell Lin Xia and the rest.

Sure.

After the dramatic conflict previously, Lin Xia and the rest did not wish to stay any longer and immediately nodded their hands. Under the crowds watchful gaze, a stream of people exited the scene.

When they returned to the Lin Family, Lin Dong and Qing Tian did not immediately return to their little hill top. After all, it was the end of the month and also time for the Lin Familys Gathering. During this time, every key member of the Lin Family would gather together and report all the various events that had occurred in the past month.

In the past, Lin Dong was not invited to this gathering. However, ever since the Family Competition, his status within the Lin Family has skyrocketed. As such, he now had a place in this Family Gathering.

A full moon hung in the clear night sky as the cooling moonlight poured onto the ground and enveloped the earth.

The Lin Familys backyard was very crowded as tens of people laughed and talked merrily around a large round table.

Lin Dong was seated at the left corner, and beside him were Lin Xia, Lin Hong and other elite younger generation members of the Lin Family.

At this Family Gathering, the only joyous occasion for Lin Dong was finally seeing Lin Xiao, who had been busily handling the affairs of the Blazing Manor.

Naturally, Lin Zhen Tian was seated at the head of the dinner table. Right now, the old man was chatting with Lin Xia and asking him for the latest updates regarding the Blazing Manor. After a short inquiry, he nodded his head in satisfaction before he finally turned to look cheerfully at Lin Dong.

Today, I received a piece of news. Turns out, these young fellas have clashed with the younger generation members from the Xie Family. In the end, they even attracted the attention of Lei Li.

Everyones attention was immediately directed towards Lin Zhen Tian. Upon hearing these words, the expression on some adults darkened as they harshly stared at their own children.

These kind of events tend to happen frequently. However, each time, these little brats would return with their tails between their legs, causing their parents to be slightly frustrated. Yet when their parents tried to reason with the parents of the responsible parties, they were often unsuccessful as the other party would simply dismissed it as a childish dispute.

Father, this matter was likely caused by my daughter Lin Xia. When I return, I will teach her a lesson. Lin Ken, who was sitting to one side, growled.

Haha, no need to worry. This time, they did not embarrass our Lin Family.

Lin Zhen Tian smiled as he waved his hands. In fact, it seems like this old man was quite happy. He cheerfully continued: Turns out that this little brat Lin Dong has even more hidden potential than his father Lin Xiao. He not only dismissed two Tempered Body 7th Layer youngsters, but he even managed to stop Lei Li. This is a highly praiseworthy achievement.

Oh?

Upon hearing these words, the crowd were slightly shocked. Lin Xiao was even more stunned as he clearly did not expect that Lin Dong was not defeated even after clashing with Lei Li.

Is that true? Lin Xiao could not help but ask.

Under the watchful gaze of the crowd, Lin Dong was forced to nod his head as he replied: I used Penetrating Fist, whereas Lei Li did not use any martial arts. It should not be counted as a draw.

However, Lei Li had long advanced to Tempered Body 9th Layer. It is remarkable that you were able to use Penetrating Fist to bridge that gap. Lin Ken smiled and said.
    Lin Dong should have advanced to Tempered Body 8th Layer right? Lin Zhen Tian smiled from ear to ear.

Lin Dong secretly sighed in his heart as he nodded his head.

Good, good grandson. Looks like our Lin Family has finally produced a genius that can match up to Lei Family! Lin Zhen Tian involuntarily let out a hearty laugh as he saw Lin Dong nodding his head. Upon hearing this, Lin Xiao and Lin Ken also let out a chuckle while a complicated expression surfaced on Lin Mangs face.

There is only four months left before the hunt. During this period, you must work hard. If you require anything, feel free to say. Anything that I can provide shall be yours! Lin Zhen Tian announced with a smile as he stroked his beard.

At these words, many people in the crowd were stunned. Lin Zhen Tian words had evidently displayed his intentions to treat Lin Dong as the most precious core member to nurture. Similar to Lin Xiao in the past.

Envy surfaced in Lin Xia and the rest. However, Lin Dongs recent progress and achievements were indeed something no one could replicate.

Thank you, Grandpa.

As he observed the expressions from the crowd, although Lin Dong did not verbally reject, in his heart, he shook his head. After all, he had the Mysterious Stone Talisman, thus the Lin Familys resources now held little appeal for him.

Of course, he was not going to tell them. Furthermore, even if he did not need the resources from the Lin Family, he would occasionally ask from them. After all, he did not want to arouse suspicion as he relied on the godly training speed the stone talisman provided him.

Lin Zhen Tian waved his hands as he continued discussing other matters with the family. Eventually, this Family Gathering ended.

As Lin Zhen Tian walked away, a clear and bright laughter could still be heard. Lin Dong lightly clenched his fist as he understood that the old man had placed all his hopes on this grandson. Just like how he had placed all his hopes on Lin Xiao back then.

Grandpa, rest assured. I will fulfill your wish.

Lin Dong muttered to himself. Soon after, he lifted his head as a slightly icy smile emerged on his face.

Of coursetheres still that fellow called Lin Lang Tian

Chapter 37: Breakthrough

In his room, Lin Dong sat on his bed as he very carefully took out a wooden box hidden in his clothes and then took out a Yellow Mud Fruit from within.

As the Yellow Mud Fruit was exposed, a delightful fragrance was emitted that could captivate anyone nearby.

Lin Dong gazed at this Yellow Mud Fruit as he placed it into his right palm. His thoughts twitched, urging a trace of Yuan Power to flow from the Yuan Power Seed within him into the Stone Talisman that was embedded within his palm.

Humm!

As the Yuan Power gushed in, Lin Dong could see the faint mysterious symbols on the underside of the skin of his palm start to glow as traces of a bright light seeped out from the pores of his palm and shined on the Yellow Mud Fruit.

The Yellow Mud Fruit rapidly wilted as the mysterious light shone on it. As the light faded, two dark-yellow pills laid quietly in Lin Dongs palm.

Upon witnessing this miraculous scene, awe filled Lin Dongs eyes as his fascination with the Stone Talisman once again deepened.

It is said that some extremely powerful individuals are able to crystalize mental energy into symbols which possess all kinds of miraculous effects. Perhaps this was how the Stone Talisman was formed?

Lin Dong grabbed onto the lukewarm pills as he contemplated. He had occasionally heard of such rumours, but these stories originated from far away and he yet to experience the outside world to confirm them.

Compared to the large and majestic Great Yan Dynasty, QingYang Town was simply too small

One day, I must venture into the outside world

Lin Dong smiled, deep in his heart an adventurous spirit emerged. He was confident that he would not be confined to this tiny QingYang town!

However, before that, lets start training first.

The adventurous spirit within Lin Dongs heart was swiftly washed off by cold reality as he helplessly spread out his arms. Right now, he was not even the top dog in QingYang Town. How could be hope to venture out into the exciting yet dangerous outside world.

As he popped the dark-yellow pill into his mouth, Lin Dong sat on his bed as he felt a stream of pure medicinal power spread throughout his body. A smile formed on his face as he concentrated on absorbing the medicinal power, allowing the Yuan Power Seed within his inner channels to grow.

Ever since the fight with the younger generation of the Xie Family, in particular, the fact that he had not lost even against Lei Li. Lin Dong's reputation among the younger generation in the Lin Family suddenly skyrocketed. In fact, his reputation now exceeded Lin Xia's and Lin Hong's.

Young people tend to be rash and hot-blooded. In the past, whenever they clashed with the younger generation members from the Lei and Xie Families, they always came out on the losing end, forced to run away with their tails between their legs. However, thanks to Lin Dong, the situation has now turned for the better. At the very least, whenever the younger generation members in Lin Family encounter other younger generation members from Xie Family, the latter no longer dared to bully them outright.

Lin Dong was nonchalant even as his reputation surged. Rather, he chose to focus most of his time on training. Even when he occasionally visited the Lin Family, he would go straight to the Martial Arts Library. Whenever other younger generation members invited him to hang out with them, he would politely decline. Hence, he did not cause much ripples in QingYang Town.

Two months swiftly passed as Lin Dong maintained this quiet lifestyle...

During these two months time, Lin Dong did not once neglect his training. Thanks to his diligence, he could see the Yuan Power Seed residing within his inner channels grow more concentrated and bigger. Sometimes, when the Yuan Power Seed tried to breakthrough the Dan Tian, Lin Dong could faintly feel that the once impenetrable Dan Tian barrier, had begun to waver slightly.

During these two months of training, Lin Dong had completely used up all ten of the Yellow Mud Fruit Pills and the two Flaming Crimson Reishi pills he had. Therefore, he was forced to return to the underground bazaar and exchange the diluted Stone Talisman Ling Liquid for another ten stalks of Grade 3 Elixirs. This ensured that he had a constant supply during these two months.

Of course, when he returned to the bazaar, Lin Dong carefully chose another underground location. After all, it was best to be cautious when handling the Stone Talisman Ling Liquid.

During these two months, although Lin Dong made remarkable progress, Qing Tan had trumped him completely.

Perhaps it was due to her mysterious body constitution, even though Qing Tan did not use much elixirs, her training progress was almost as fast as Lin Dong, even with help from the Stone Talisman.

Qing Tan had smoothly progressed to Tempered Body 7th Layer. Even though she did not undergo rigorous training, her body seemed to absorb the Yuan Power between Heaven and Earth at a much more rapid pace than normal.

Lin Dong was stunned as he faced this peculiar situation. Once, when Lin Xiao returned home and learned about this matter, he too displayed the same shocked reaction. After much pondering, they were still unable to make heads or tails of the situation. In the end, they decided to attribute it to Qing Tans unique body constitution.

Even though the facts remained fuzzy, Lin Xiao and Lin Dong could faintly feel that Qing Tans body was indeed unique. However, this was both a cause for celebration and woe. After much discussion, both of them decided that it would be best to keep this matter a secret. After all, if news got out, it may lead to some unexpected problems.

Besides, after witnessing Qing Tans rapid training progress, Lin Dong went to the Martial Arts Library to find some martial arts that were more suited for girls. After perfecting those martial arts using the Stone Talisman Glowing Shadow, he then personally taught them to Qing Tan, to allow her to protect herself.

As the QingYang Town Hunt approaches, QingYang Town got increasingly crowded. Even though there were still about two months before the hunt, many people were already excitedly discussing about it.

Everyone knew that his hunt was a guise for QingYang Towns major factions to compete with each other. During each hunt, each faction would donate prizes, and of course, these prizes tend to be very lucrative. Naturally, the faction that won would be able to claim all the prizes. In past hunts, the Lie and Xie Families were able to take advantage of this fact to claim several exorbitant gifts from the Lin Family and the Raging Blade Dojo.

For the upcoming hunt, naturally, many people were speculating about who would emerge as the eventual victor among the four major factions. Of course, the faction that was heavily favoured was still the Lei Family. After all, they were the most well-established faction in QingYang Town and they had vast resources to expend. Furthermore, up till now, no one had been able to threaten Lei Lis position as the number one younger generation member in QingYang Town.

In fact, it was rumoured that Lei Li will advance to Earthly Yuan level before the hunt began. If so, the Lei Family would have about an 80% chance of victory for the upcoming hunt

Under the brilliance of Lei Li, the younger generation members in the rest of the three major factions seemed lackluster in comparison.

Lin Dong did not know much about these speculations and discussions as he continued his seclusion to focus on his training. Nonetheless, even if he knew, he would probably ignore them as he knew that the future was not set in stone.

As he trained quietly, Lin Dong had managed to achieve excellent results in these two months. During this period, he had tried several hundred times to breakthrough the Yuan Barrier. Towards the end of the two months, he decided to conserve and concentrate all his resources and finally managed to breakthrough the Yuan Dan Barrier!

And when the Yuan Power Seed finally broke through and entered the Yuan Dan, to the delight of an excited Lin Dong, he could feel a transformation occurring within every part of his body...

That sensation was akin to a submerged dragon soaring into the sky, or a fish finally released into the ocean.

Chapter 38: Change

Advancing to Tempered Body 9th Layer did not come as a big surprise to Lin Dong. After two additional months of training, plus the liberal use of elixirs, the Yuan Power Seed in his body long ago attained enough strength to overcome the Yuan Tian Barrier.

The reason why Lin Dong waited was because he was highly ambitious. After he advanced to the 9th Layer, he wanted to immediately try for Earthly Yuan level!

This idea could be considered slightly insane. Even though Tempered Body 9th Layer and Earthly Yuan level were only one step away, there was huge gulf between the two of them. In plain terms, an Earthly Yuan practitioner could easily dispatch several individuals at Tempered Body 9th Layer. This illustrated the vast chasm between the two.

When most people reached Tempered Body 9th Layer, they would usually resume their regular training. Only when the Yuan Power within their Dan Tian had reached a certain level, would they dare to advance to Earthly Yuan level. In fact, only a crazy handful dared to attempt something similar to Lin Dong.

Of course, even though this move sounded insane, it was not impossible for Lin Dong to pull it off. After all, his Yuan Power Seed was already much more powerful than most people. Furthermore, he had absorbed a huge amount of Elixirs Pills and done extensive preparations. Therefore, he had a chance.

Huff.

Like an arrow, a mouthful of white smoke was coughed out from Lin Dongs throat. Lin Dongs eyes gently opened as a warm sensation filled his lower abdomen, causing his entire body to feel as if it was brimming with energy.

It feels really different after I opened my Dan Tian

As he felt the changes within his body, Lin Dongs spirits were slightly lifted. Opening ones Dan Tian was extremely important for any practitioner as it was as the most crucial and fundamental step!

Later, I would be able to train in Secret Arts once I advanced to Earthly Yuan level. At that point, the might of my Yuan Power will also increase dramatically

Secret Arts. These were merely two simple words, yet casually mentioning these words could lead to devastating conflicts. After all, secret arts were completely different from normal martial arts. Even though martial arts could utilize the might of ones Yuan Power, secret arts can boost ones Yuan Power from its roots!

Based on what scarce information Lin Dong knew, secret arts also had different categories. However, they were not as complex as martial arts as they only had three categories.

From lowest to highest, third-tier secret arts, second-tier secret arts, and first-tier secret arts. It was a simple yet effective classification.

The Lin Family also had one secret arts manual but it was only third-tier. Nonetheless, that manual was personally safeguarded by Lin Zhen Tian. Within the Family, only the practitioners that have advanced to Earthly Yuan level can know its existence and study it.

With regards to that secret arts manual, Lin Dong had very occasionally heard Lin Xiao mentioning it. Even though he did not fully comprehend, he still knew how important that thing was.

On his bed, Lin Dong shook his head as he tried to remove any distracting thoughts in his mind. It was still too early to think about secret arts. After all, once he officially advanced to Earthly Yuan level, Lin Zhen Tian would surely deliver that secret arts manual to him on a silver platter.

As Lin Dong reached below his pillow and took out two bottles. Contained within the first bottle were ten brightly colored Elixir Pills, while the other contained numerous white Yin Pearls which emitted a forbiddingly cold aura.

Lin Dong removed two Elixir Pills and popped them into his mouth. Approximately half an hour later, he managed to fully absorb the medicinal power into his Dan Tian and he felt the amount of Yuan Power in his Dan Tian surge.

As he felt the vibrations in his Dan Tians Yuan Power, Lin Dong removed a Yin Pearl from the other bottle. Even though he had covered his palm with a layer of Yuan Power, he could still feel a stab of pain from the cold aura.

The so-called Earthly Yuan level was basically fusing the Yuan Power in ones body with Yin Energy, thereby strengthening ones Yuan Power. Henceforth, the most important step was absorbing the Yin Energy from between Heaven and Earth.

However, Lin Dong did not care for Yin Energy that existed between Heaven and Earth. After all, the Yin Energy contained within these Yin Pearls, that originated from Qing Tans body, were of Grade 5 quality. Therefore, if he successfully combined them with his Yuan Power, it would be boosted to a much larger extent.

As he gripped the Yin Pearl, Lin Dong sucked in a deep breath before he straightaway popped it into his mouth without the slightest hesitation.

When the Yin Pearl entered his body, Lin Dongs body instantaneously stiffened as chilling cold air rapidly spread throughout his body and even his skin was swiftly covered in a layer of frost.

Chilling cold air was constantly emitted from his body, however thanks to his prior training, Lin Dongs body was already tough enough to withstand the cold.

Brr brr

Lin Dongs face turned pale as his teeth chattered nonstop. He was aware of the Yin Pearl entering his body and going straight into his Yuan Tian. Once it had reached its final destination, it immediately caused an upheaval within his Dan Tian...

Just as he experienced the explosive impact of his Yuan Power colliding with the Yin Energy, Lin Dongs facial expression changed. He realized that he may have overextended himself as the Yuan Power within his Yuan Dan was unable to hold back the Yin Energy!

Pffff!

As the commotion in his Yuan Dan gradually intensified. Approximately ten minutes later, a healthy red glow returned to Lin Dongs cheeks as he involuntarily spit out a mouthful of blood. Contained within that mouthful of blood, were lumps of ice bits.
    Evidently, Lin Dongs latest endeavour had failed.

What a pity

As Lin Dong wiped off the bloodstains at the corner his mouth, a healthy red glow gradually returned to his pale cheeks. At first, he shook his head in resignation. However, after a moment of contemplation, he realized that even though his attempt to rush to Earthly Yuan level has failed, he had learnt much from this experience. Furthermore, he managed to gain some progress as well. After all, there was now a trace of Yin Energy within his Dan Tian and it had successfully combined with his Yuan Power. Therefore, even though it was a tiny step, this was still a small improvement.

As he kept the bottles, Lin Dong dripped two drops of Stone Talisman Ling Liquid into his mouth before he left his room. Even though he only managed to harvest a tiny trace of Yin Energy from one Yin Pearl, he was not troubled as he had a sufficient supply of Yin Pearls. Furthermore, after this experience, he was confident that he would be more successful the next time.

Its only a matter of time before he reached Earthly Yuan level.

Time passes like flowing water, in the blink of an eye, autumn had left as winter approached. Snowflakes danced in the air as they gently floated to the ground, causing the land to sparkle. It was truly a beautiful sight.

As QingYang Town was slowly surrounded by snow, the atmosphere in the town gradually reached its peak. This was because it was only ten days left before the QingYang Town Hunt began.

In a snow-filled open area within the woods, two figures crossed blows. As their palms and fists collided, the impact caused the snowflakes in their surroundings to be completely scattered.

Two figures, one was steady while the other was graceful like a butterfly as she swung her jade-like hands. Her movements were especially agile, yet they looked elegant as well.
    Bang!

As both palms collided, one figure jerked his shoulders as he exerted more force, causing the young lady to hurriedly retreat a few steps.

I give up. I cant seem to win. The young lady pouted as she grudgingly stared at the young man before her.

Lin Dong smiled as he stared at the coy young lady, awe filling his heart. In just a months time, with help from him and thanks to Qing Tans unique body constitution, she had nearly advanced to Tempered Body 8th Layer. In fact, she was already very close.

Right now, Lin Dong was imparting some martial arts to Qing Tan and she had nearly mastered them. Hence, Qing Tan was no longer helpless like before. In fact, based on Lin Dongs calculations, the only younger generation members in Lin Family who could defeat her were probably Lin Hong and Lin Xia.

Lin Dong-ge, in just a few days time, it will be the QingYang Town Hunt. You must work hard. Qing Tan sweetly smiled as she approached Lin Dong. Stretching out her tiny hands before gently sweeping off the snowflakes on Lin Dongs shoulder.

As he stared at the elegant young lady in front of him, Lin Dong smiled as he nodded. He stretched out his palm and intimately patted Qing Tans tiny head. However, just as his palm touched her, Lin Dongs body froze as a look of surprise filled his eyes.

Under Lin Dongs astonished gaze, the Stone Talisman that was hidden in his palm, suddenly released an explosive light. The instant the light appeared, Qing Tan immediately fainted.

Just as Qing Tan fainted, a strong suction force broke out from Lin Dongs palm. Due to this suction force, the fearsome Chilling Cold within Qing Tans body was immediately sucked out and violently transferred into Lin Dongs body through his palm.

As he was invaded by that terrifying Chilling Cold, Lin Dongs body was instantly covered by a thin layer of frost.

Right now, he had turned into an ice-man.

Chapter 39: Earthly Yuan Stage!

The abrupt change caused fear to rise in Lin Dongs heart. The Chilling Cold which had gushed into him from Qing Tans body was fearsomely powerful and cold. In fact, it was on a whole new level compared to the Chilling Cold contained with the Yin Pearls.

Lin Dong lost control of his body as it was gradually covered in layer after layer of frost. The sensation was akin to having numerous steel needles furiously stabbing every part of his body. Due to that intense pain, Lin Dongs body and its internal organs started to twist and contort in pain, even his blood flow had became sluggish.

All these signs indicated that he was facing a dire situation!

However, as he faced these dire circumstances, Lin Dong was powerless. As he encountered the fearsome beast-like Chilling Cold from Qing Tans body, he knew that his own power simply paled in comparison. However, he did not understand the reason why there was a sudden change in the Stone Talisman today. After all, this was not the first time he had contact with Qing Tan. Yet, this incident still occurred.

Under the invasion of the Chilling Cold, Lin Dong gradually began to lose consciousness. However, just before he blacked out, the Stone Talisman embedded within his palm finally made its move.

A suction force rapidly erupted from the Stone Talisman. Soon after, every bit of Yin Energy spread out across Lin Dongs body was rapidly absorbed and swallowed by the Stone Talisman.

Buzz buzz.

Right after all the Yin Energy in Lin Dongs body had been drained, the Stone Talisman started vibrating. Moments later, a pulse of icy-blue Yin Energy was directly emitted from the Stone Talisman and it followed Lin Dongs internal channels and rapidly gushed towards his Dan Tian.

Though this pulse of icy-blue Yin Energy seemed like a tiny amount, Lin Dongs remaining consciousness felt a trepidation from this force. He could feel that this pulse of icy-blue Yin Energy was not as simple as it seemed...
    That pulse of icy-blue Yin Energy flowed directly into Lin Dongs Dan Tian. Soon after, Lin Dong could feel an extremely fierce battle break out in his Dan Tian again. As the Yin Energy and Yuan Power collided, he could faintly feel tiny bursts of pain from his Dan Tian.

As he faced the ongoing clash, Lin Dong could only sit aside helplessly since he had already lost all control over his body. However, he secretly heaved a sigh of relief as he could sense that the Yin Energy, perhaps due to the Stone Talisman, was not as brutal as he had expected. Therefore, after 70-80% of the Yin Energy had been slowly shaved away by the battle, the Yuan Power and Yin Energy within his Dan Tian finally started to fuse together...

Within his Dan Tian, the two forces gradually fused. The originally colorless Yuan Power suddenly turned a deep blue color. Furthermore, the originally fist-sized Yuan Power Seed suddenly evaporated into an icy dark blue mist. At the fringe of the mist, Lin Dong could vividly feel a trace of Chilling Cold.

Just as the icy dark blue mist was formed, Lin Dongs body violently jolted. Instantly, he felt a fearsome power that he had never known before swiftly surge out from the deepest region of his body before finally dispersing to every nook and cranny of his body.

Crack crack

In this instance, cracks began to appear on the layer of frost surrounding Lin Dongs body as chunks of ice started to fall off.

Lin Dong focused on his Dan Tian. This was the first time he could see his own Dan Tian. The icy dark blue mist was especially alluring as it slowly swirled. Circling it, were traces of Yuan Power, tinted with a chill, and readily available for Lin Dong to deploy.

Lin Dong relaxed his mind and left his Dan Tian. With his eyes tightly shut, he could feel a strange ripple spreading out from within his mind. He could now vividly sense every detail of his surroundings up to a ten meter radius.

Is this Earthly Yuan stage?

The feeling of being in control caused Lin Dongs body to tremble uncontrollably in excitement. Advancing to Earthly Yuan Stage indicated that he had officially became a true practitioner!

After all, this was the first major checkpoint in the path of training!

In order to breakthrough this hurdle, Lin Dong had slogged hard during this period. However, the unexpected developments today finally helped to fuse the Yin Energy and Yuan Power within his Dan Tian, thereby allowing him to advance to Earthly Yuan Stage!

Receiving this wonderful surprise caused Lin Dong to have a sudden desire to shout out at the heavens and announce his delight. However, he managed to suppress this desire right at the last second.

In the dense forest, the layer of ice on Lin Dongs body had completely fallen off and transformed into a puddle of water on the ground below. Soon after, Lin Dong shook his body, as he gently opened his eyes.

As he opened his eyes, a ray of icy blue light flitted across his eyes before it soon disappeared.

As Lin Dong clenched his fists, he could feel that the power contained within his muscles had grown by several times. In fact, based on his conjecture, one normal punch from him now probably rivalled his Penetrating Fist Tenth Echo from before!

Huff.

Lin Dong exhaled a somewhat ice-cold breath, suddenly joining his hands together to form a complicated hand-seal. This was Wonder Gate Seal.

Lin Dong was extremely curious to find out just how powerful Wonder Gate Seal would be after he advanced to this new level of strength.

As Lin Dong skillfully executed different hand-seals, streams of icy blue Yuan Power rapidly flowed from the icy blue mist within his Dan Tian and gathered under Lin Dongs palm.

As that beautiful icy blue Yuan Power enveloped Lin Dongs right palm, a chill rose up, causing the surrounding temperature to fall.

Bang!

As he finished the last hand-seal, Lin Dong took a step forward. He immediately slammed his palm into a tree trunk, which was as thick as two thighs, right ahead of him.

The hand-seal exploded and the thick tree was immediately blown apart. Numerous wooden shrapnels flew in every direction. Furthermore, right at the point of impact, there was a layer of frost. If this attack had landed on a human body, just the Yin Energy contained within the Yuan Power alone would cause the opponent to suffer greatly.

The power of Earthly Yuan practitioners far exceeds any Tempered Body practitioner!

As he witnessed the strength behind his blow, a look of delight surfaced in Lin Dongs eyes. Just as he was about to celebrate, he turned and realized that Qing Tan was still lying unconscious on the ground and instantly an awkward expression surfaced.

The reason why he managed to advance to Earthly Yuan stage was because the Mysterious Stone Talisman had absorbed the fearsome Chilling Cold within Qing Tan body and tamed it before allowing it to enter Lin Dongs Dan Tian. Or else, based on Lin Dongs ability, if he had tried to forcibly absorb the Chilling Cold within Qing Tans body, he would have probably turned into an ice statue.

Thank goodness, she is fine. Or else, Father and Mother would definitely kill me.

After a quick examination, Lin Dong heaved a sigh of relief when he realized that Qing Tan had only fainted. Stroking his right palm, he let out a pained smile before he lifted the beautiful sleeping princess carried her out of the forest.

Thanks to todays unexpected developments, Lin Dong managed to advance to Earthly Yuan stage ahead of his expectations. Nonetheless, it was definitely good news that he could accomplish this step before the QingYang Town Hunt.

The Lei and Xie Family have profited so much from my Lin Family. Its time to make them spit it all out!
    As he carried the young lady back home, a sneer surfaced on Lin Dongs face.

Chapter 40: The Hunt Begins

As the end of the year approached, the bustling liveliness of Qingyang Town gradually reached its peak as all sorts of people from different factions within hundreds of miles around flocked towards the town. The streets had never been so full.

The main players in this Hunt were the few major factions in QingYang Town. However, there were also contestants from other factions as well. Of course, competition amongst the smaller groups was nowhere near as heated as the competition between the four major factions. In fact, most of these small factions just wanted to use this occasion to raise the reputation of their families or villages.

Regardless of their respective aims, the QingYang Town Hunt was arguably the largest event held within several miles. Therefore, any younger generation member that excelled in this event would not only see his own reputation and status skyrocket but also that of his familys.

The Hunt was held on the first day of Lunar New Year and the location was the Monster Arena situated on the outskirts of QingYang Town. This place had some of the grandest architecture in all the town. The building was especially huge and it encompassed several kilometers of forests and right in its center there was a small hill that had been converted into a giant stage. Seated there, would be numerous guest, all keenly waiting to witness the birth of the newest champion.

Countless anticipating individuals waited with bated breaths as the minute-hand on the clock finally ticked down to the day of the Hunt. When it was finally time, the busy atmosphere of QingYang Town exploded into tsunami of people rushing towards the Monster Arena. The entire place was filled with an awe-inspiring air.

Is this the starting point of the Hunt?

Asked Lin Dong, standing on high tower looking as he looked down in surprise at the dense forest.

Standing behind Lin Dong were the core members of the Lin Family. The one leading the group was naturally Grandpa Lin Zhen Tian, while Lin Xiao, Lin Ken, Lin Mang and the rest stood beside him.

Yes.

Upon hearing Lin Dongs query, Lin Zhen Tian beamed as he replied. As he gazed at the former, a look of happiness and content surfaced. After Lin Dongs impressive accomplishments, he had started paying closer attention towards this grandson. During this period of time, he even suggested to teach Lin Dong martial arts personally. However, he was declined by Lin Dong as the latter wanted to focus on improving his body first.

In reality, Lin Dong did not need anyone to teach him martial arts since he had the Stone Talisman glowing shadow. Furthermore, he was afraid that if someone got too close to him, they might accidentally discover the existence of the Stone Talisman. That would not be good.

The woods below are connected directly to the mountains. Thus, there will be numerous fierce and vicious creatures. Every Hunt participant will wear a tag to identify themselves before they are thrown into the woods. After that, you will have to rely upon your own abilities to survive.

Lin Xiao smiled before continuing his explanation: Besides worrying about these wild beasts, you also have to devise ways to snatch ten tags from ten different participants. Only then will you gain the right to enter the giant stage at the center of the woods. Therefore, for this Hunt, you will not only be hunting beasts, but also, hunting people.

Lin Dong trembled slightly with fear. It turns out that this Hunt was not as simple as he expected. In order to obtain ten tags, he must defeat ten different individuals. Only then, would he gain the right to enter the giant stage. Therefore, once the contestants entered the forest, they would definitely start fighting with each other causing a chaotic scene to unfold.

Furthermore, while they devised ways to obtain tags from other participants, they must also safeguard themselves from wild beasts. Therefore, even the slightest mistake would probably cause one to forfeit his life.

This was no ordinary competition but rather a dangerous event that risked ones life. This kind of selection process felt a little cruel.

There will be approximately one hundred tags. Therefore, only about ten individuals can make it onto the giant stage and many participants will leave in defeat. A truly merciless competition. Lin Zhen Tian uttered as he kept his hands behind his back.

Lin Dong nodded. Just a ten percent chance, he had no opening to relax at all.

Haha, based on Lin Dongs current strength, he is definitely going to ascend to the giant stage successfully. Lin Ken said with a smile.

Upon hearing these words, the smile on Lin Zhen Tians face brightened. Barely half a month ago, he got wind of news that Lin Dong had successfully advanced to Tempered Body 9th Layer. This training progress was even more remarkable than Lin Xiao at his peak.

This time, our Lin Familys ranking will rest on Lin Dongs shoulders.

At these words, a smile involuntarily surfaced on Lin Xiaos face. As he patted Lin Dongs shoulder, a look of gratification and pride surfaced in his eyes.

Haha, Lin Zhen Tian. It has been a while. Seems like you are still alive.

Just as the Lin Family were conversing among themselves, a laughter sounded out from nearby. Upon hearing this laughter, Lin Zhen Tian, Lin Xiao and the rest furrowed their eyebrows as the smile on their faces faded.

Lin Dong turned towards the direction the sound had come from only to see a huge crowd of people approaching them. Wherever this crowd passed, everyone nearby would quickly make way for them and their appearance was especially menacing.

Leading the pack were two people. One of them wore a light-grey silk robe and looked about the same age as Lin Zhen Tian. Both his eyes were sunken in and he gave off a cold and menacing aura. The other person was a middle aged man, and a smile was constantly plastered on his face. He looked friendly and approachable, however, those who really knew him, knew that this fellow was a smiling tiger.

That old fellow is the Head of Lei Family, known as Lei Bao. The other one, is the Head of the Xie Family, called Xie Qian. These two are the enemies of our Lin Family and they are scum. Lin Xia, who was standing beside Lin Dong, softly murmured.

Lin Dong slightly inclined his head as he glanced towards the two of them. He could faintly feel that the two of them were especially powerful. In fact, they should both be at Heavenly Yuan level.

As Lin Dongs gaze swept over the two of them, he saw two other familiar faces behind them, Lei Li and Xie Yingying.

As if they could feel Lin Dongs glaze, Lei Li and Xie Yingying immediately glared back at him. A smile surfaced on Lei Lis face as he gently swung his palm in the empty air at Lin Dong. Evidently, he still remembered the slap that Lin Dong owed him.

Old Man Lei, rest assured, my old bones will not enter the coffin before you. Lin Zhen Tian smiled as he approached the two of them. Without hearing the tone of their voice and judging from their expressions alone, anyone would think that they were the best of friends.

When one has many worries, its hard to live a long life Lei Bao faintly smiled as he scanned the members of the Lin Family. Finally, his gaze stopped at Lin Xiao and he frowned as he felt a powerful Yuan Energy within the latter. It seems like the rumours that Lin Xiao had recovered his strength were indeed true.

When one loses so much every hunt, naturally one will be upset. This will definitely hurt ones longevity. Standing beside Lei Bao, Xie Qian uttered with a skin-deep smile.

As they heard the subtle insult in his words, every member of the Lin Family was enraged. However, with a wave of his hand, Lin Zhen Tian managed to stop everyone before he replied casually: This time, I am afraid its going to be your Xie Family that will be upset.

I heard that a genius has recently emerged from the Lin Family? Let me guess, it should be this fellow? Lei Baos sunken eyes suddenly turned towards Lin Dong as an evil grin surfaced on his wrinkled face.

Lin Dong felt his hair stand on ends when Lei Bao stared at him. This old man was clearly bad news.

My son only has a small reputation, it's hardly worth mentioning compared to the Lei Family. Lin Xiao replied in an indifferent manner as he stepped forward and stood in front of Lin Dong.

Well see once the Hunt begins. Just remember to prepare your gifts for us. Lei Bao smiled as he lazily waved his hand before leading his people to directly brush past Lin Zhen Tian and the rest.

Lei Lis footsteps suddenly paused when he reached Lin Dong. As he glanced towards the latter and the rest of the younger generation members of the Lin Family, he softly murmured: Lin Dong, there are many fearsome beasts in the forest. You had better be careful. Dont end up in their bellies, ok?

After uttering these words, a sneer surfaced on Lei Lis face. He glared viciously at Lin Dong before he finally turned to leave.

That bastard, he is too overbearing! Lin Xia angrily retorted as she stared daggers at Lei Lis back.

Lin Dong glanced at Lei Lis back. He naturally knew that the latter was trying to intimidate him. An icy smile surfaced on his face as he muttered to himself.

Its too early to determine who would end up in the belly of a wild beast

Chapter 41: Luo Cheng

Around the monster arena were tens of thousands of stone seats. Today, none of these seats were empty, as the whole place was choked full of people. The mass of black heads bobbing up and down, extended all the way down ones line of sight. This massive crowd was indeed worthy of the biggest event in QingYang Town.

The Lin Family followed Lin Zhen Tian to enter the central area of the monster arena. This area had the best view, as not only could you look down upon the dense forests, you could also clearly see anything that happened atop the giant stage.

However, only the factions that held substantial power were allowed into this area. Since the Lin Family had maintained good relations with these other factions, as they entered, quite a few people came forward to exchange greetings with them, while Lin Zhen Tian replied them all in kind with a cheery smile on his face.

After exchanging pleasantries, Lin Zhen Tian brought his group to sit in one area. Nearby, were the Xie and Lei Families. Yet, they only glanced once at the Lin Family before turning away. No matter how calm they appeared on the outside, in their hearts, they still held some contempt for the foreign Lin Family.

Of course, since he was being slighted by them, Lin Zhen Tian obviously chose to ignore them as well. Over the years, they had fighting openly and covertly, and if he had not employed various tactics and strategies, the Lin Family would have long been chased out of QingYang Town like dogs. Thus, even though both Lei and Xie Families disliked the Lin Family, the hatred in Lin Zhen Tians heart far exceeded the realms of mere hostility.

After the Lin Family group seated themselves, many other influential people continued to appear one after another, causing the atmosphere to become even more lively.

Lin Dong was seated on a stone chair at one corner. As he looked downwards at the dense forests, he could faintly hearing the roars of wild beasts from time to time.

However, Lin Dong was not worried about the wild beasts within the forest. With his current strength, as long as he did not encounter a Demonic Beast, he knew that any ordinary beasts were of little threat towards him.

Demonic Beasts were creatures that was even more terrifying than the normal ferocious beasts. In fact, even the lowest tier Demonic Beast was able to easily tear apart a Tempered Body 7th Layer and lower practitioner. Moreover, a higher tier Demonic Beast would possess both intelligence and energy wielding capabilities. An exceptionally frightening killing machine.

(TLN: Energy wielding capabilities may refer to Yuan Power.)

Thankfully, Demonic Beasts were generally found hidden deep in the large mountains. Since there were so many people here, it was highly unlikely that any Demonic Beasts would appear. Therefore, the biggest worry in this Hunt was still the other participants. After all, in order seize another competitors tag, these participants would stoop to any level.

Of course, any petty tricks were insignificant in the face of true power. The current Lin Dong had earned his qualification to maintain this level of self-confidence.

As Lin Dong was sizing up the topography of the forest, he suddenly felt the atmosphere in the monster arena change slightly. He quickly turned his head just in time to see a huge troupe of people entering his particular area. On their chests, a same picture was sewn.

Raging Blade Dojo.

The faction that had expanded the swiftest in QingYang Town. Raging Blade Dojos appearance undoubtedly attracted countless gazes.

Likewise, Lin Dong also swept his gaze over the group from the Raging Blade Dojo before stopping at the figure at the front. The figure turned out to be a somewhat lean man, with an expressionless face. On his face, were countless blade scars crisscrossing giving him a menacing aura. Strapped on his waist, a long blade-shaped object was wrapped up in black cloth.

That is the master of the Raging Blade Dojo, Mad Lightning Blade Luo Cheng. The reason why Raging Blade Dojo was able to rise rapidly, was largely due to him. If I am not mistaken, he is also a Heavenly Yuan Level expert. In fact, he has probably already reached the later stage of Heavenly Yuan Level. From there, it is only one more step to achieve the Yuan Dan Level. Hence, in the entire QingYang Town, there are probably less than than five people who could match up to him. Lin Xiao whispered to Lin Dong.
    Lin Dong nodded in surprise, as he had never expected that Luo Cheng would actually be so powerful.

When he first arrived at QingYang Town and planned to establish the Raging Blade Dojo, the Lei and Xie Families both tried to interfere. Hence he directly went to challenge Lei Bao. In the end, though he ate three of Lei Baos palm attacks, he left a blade wound on Lei Baos chest. His ferocity and willingness to risk his life caused the Lei and Xie Families to burst out in goosebumps. Thus they could only withdraw.

Heh heh, Luo Cheng is extremely fierce and pays a lot of attention to any shortcomings. Now, even the Lei and Xie Families do not dare to be too overbearing towards the Raging Blade Dojo. After all, these fellows are all a bunch of stubborn rogues.

Lin Dong nodded his head in silence. Luo Cheng and Lin Zhen Tian could both be considered as founders who built up their own factions from scratch. It was just that they took different paths to reach their current positions, and they had different temperaments. Luo Cheng was unyielding, cold and strict while Lin Zhen Tian was the type to conceal his true strength, while secretly developing it. However, in the end, the two were very capable men.

While Lin Dong and Lin Xiao were speaking in hushed tones, the Raging Blade Dojo crowd approached them. Lin Zhen Tian stood up as he smiled, clasping his hands together, he respectfully greeted Luo Cheng. In response, a somewhat rigid smile appeared on Luo Chengs usually expressionless face. As both of their factions were despised by the Lei and Xie Families, this helped the Raging Blade Dojo and Lin Family to bond closer together, and hence they had a friendly relationship.

Heh, as expected, youve joined in the Hunt this time. As Luo Cheng and Lin Zhen Tian exchanged greetings, a figure emerged before Lin Dong. That figure was Wu Yun, the same man he had met at the bazaar.

Lin Dong had some positive feelings towards Wu Yun, thus he a smile immediately formed on his face as his nodded.

When the hunt starts, if possible, we should cooperate. After all, Lei Li and Xie YingYing would definitely join hands, and one against two would definitely be troublesome. Wu Yun chuckled.

Lin Dong nodded in agreement upon hearing Wu Yuns suggestion.

Is this Lin Dong, the person who you mentioned could successfully receive a blow from Lei Li? To one side, Luo Cheng, who was conversing with Lin Zhen Tian, suddenly turned his head to look at Lin Dong and inquire.

Lin Dong greets the Master of the Raging Blade Dojo. Lin Dong humbly scratched head before he respectfully greeted.

Luo Chengs sharp gaze carefully swept across Lin Dongs body before he nodded and remarked: This is a good seedling, the Lin Family is fortunate.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Zhen Tian stroked his beard as a bright smile surfaced. After all, he knew that Luo Cheng was picky and had rather high standards. Thus, he would not give such positive evaluations lightly.

Luo Cheng was clearly a man of few words. After they a short chat, he said goodbye and led the Raging Blade Dojo members to another area to take up their seats.

From start to end, he did not even look at the Lei and Xie Families at all, nor did he have show any intention to greet them. This was something that even Lin Zhen Tian could only do occasionally, yet Luo Cheng held no qualms in doing it.

With the arrival of the Raging Blade Dojo, the four major factions in QingYang Town were now all present. Thus, as the sun gradually rose to its zenith, Lei Bao also stood up, as he swept his sunken eyes across the entire place. Under his chilly gaze, the racket in the monster arena slightly toned down, a testament to the influence that the Lei Family held.

Everyone, today is the busiest day in QingYang Town. Simply put, for the rules of the hunt, as long as one obtains ten tags, he would obtain the right to enter this giant stage. At there, the true champion of the hunt will be born.

Amplified by Yuan Power, Lei Baos voice reverberated around the entire monster arena, causing every single person to be able to hear each and every word clearly.

The tags have already been collected by the various families. Next, distribute these tags to the younger generation participants from your respective families. Finally, all participants shall enter the monster arena and the hunt will begin!

Dong-er, take this tag and be extra careful. Lin Xiao glanced at Lin Zhen Tian, awaiting his signal. Only when the latter nodded, did Lin Xiao retrieve a black and yellow wooden tile from his clothes. On the wooden tile, was the word Lin and some other complicated diagrams.

Under the envious gazes of some Lin Family members, Lin Dong solemnly received the tag. The fact that Lin Zhen Tian handed the tag over to Lin Xiao first, showed that the former had already decided to allow Lin Dong to participate in the hunt and fight for the Lin Family.

Stuffing the wooden tile securely into his, Lin Dong silently nodded. Without further ado, he looked at the other figures, which were leaping down into the forests from the monster arena. Taking a deep breath, he took two steps forward and positioned himself at the edge of the high platform.

As Lin Dong prepared to leave, nearby, Lei Li and Xie YingYing also strolled forward. As he smiled, Lei Li stared at Lin Dong before he suddenly stuck out a thumb and lightly jabbed it downwards at the latter. Meanwhile, his lips were mouthing out some words.

Although no voice could be heard, Lin Dong recognized the words that were mouthed. Lei Li had said: Time to repay your debts.

Looking back at Lei Li, Lin Dong likewise smiled, as his lips also mouthed out some words before he turned to jump off the high platform and descend into the monster arena.

Gazing at Lin Dongs back, Lei Lis eyes slanted his eyes. With a light chuckle, a chilly light flitted across his eyes. He had also understood Lin Dongs unspoken words.

Lin Dong had said: Ill be waiting for you.

Chapter 42: Fire Python Tiger

Lin Dong gazed at the forest ahead as he rotated his wrist about. Lifting his head to observe the forests around him, he saw a massive crowd of people. The sight caused him to feel a little nauseous and the massive commotion slowly dispersed as the crowd started to spread out.

Right now, there were numerous people heading towards the forest one after another. Everyone was in a state of high alert.

Since the hunt has already begun, Lin Dong did not hesitate any further and he immediately walked at a steady pace towards the dense forest. As more and more people entered the forest, the original hubbub of the crowd gradually died down, filtered away by the forest.

When Lin Dong walked a certain distance into the forest, he suddenly saw the flicker of a few figures nearby. A few vigilant eyes looked at the tag on his body before they retreated. It seems like they had sensed that Lin Dong was not going to be an easy target.

As these people retreated, Lin Dong did not bother chasing after them. Taking his bearings, he decided to head towards the giant stage at the center of the forest. After all, every participants would arrive there eventually and this would save him the hassle of roaming around to hunt them down.

The originally calm forest was suddenly in an uproar after the huge swarm of people entered. Growls from ferocious beasts were constantly heard and a few panicked screams were also faintly discernable in between. It seems like some unlucky chaps had encountered fearsome beasts that were out of their league.

Nonetheless, Lin Dong did not slow down as he calmly walked towards the center of the forest. A few minutes later, a figure finally appeared in front of him. Only then did he come to a halt and somewhat excitedly looked at the three figures before him.

These three people looked to be around the same age as Lin Dong. Their bodies were toned, well built and tanned, giving them a slightly menacing aura. Moreover, what surprised Lin Dong was that even though most people who had entered the forests were conspiring against each other, the three of them had teamed up with each other.

Hand over your tag.

Standing right in the middle of the trio, a tanned young man stared at Lin Dong and said. While he spoke, his two allies slowly spread out and surrounded Lin Dong.

Gazing at the trio who had delivered themselves right into his hands, Lin Dong could not help but chuckle as he shook his head. He strolled forward with no intention of surrendering his body tag.

Attack!

Upon witnessing Lin Dongs movements, the trios expressions darkened as a faint glow appeared on their bodies. Tellingly, it seems like the three of them had reached at least Tempered Body 6th Layer.

As Yuan Power surfaced on the trio, they instantly pounced on Lin Dong viciously.

Even though they had the advantage in numbers, they hardly posed a threat to Lin Dong. Based on his current strength, he could easily defeat the three of them in a blink of an eye. Therefore, merely ten seconds later, the originally menacing trio were now lying helplessly on the floor.

Lin Dong was all smiles as he took their tags before he waved his hand and said: Thanks.

As he finished, he leisurely strolled past the three of them and continued his journey towards the depths of the forest. A bitter expression surfaced on the trio while they lamented their bad fortune.

After the trio, Lin Dong met another two other unlucky chaps who wanted to attack him. The two of them were quite strong as they were at Tempered Body 7th Layer. However, to Lin Dong who had already advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, they were like lambs for the slaughter.

After a relaxing stroll, he successfully collected five tags. In addition to his own tag, he only lacked 4 more before he could attain the right to ascend onto the stone arena.

However, Lin Dong was not anxious. To be frank, with his Earthly Yuan level strength, it was simply a walk in the park for him to cross the forest.

As he continued on his path, besides encountering the fellows who had tried to rob him of his tag, Lin Dong also met with some ferocious beasts. However, they clearly posed little danger towards him and were likewise swiftly dispatched.

Following the passing of time, Lin Dong gradually made his way into the depths of the forest. Right now, the people that he encountered were all quite skilled. After all, you had to have genuine ability to make it this far.

Gradually walking deeper in, Lin Dong managed to obtain two more body tags. In all, he now had eight tags and he was just inches away from fulfilling the criteria. However, what perplexed Lin Dong was that he had yet to encounter Lei Li or Xie Yingying.

Inside the woods, Lin Dong sat down below a huge tree as he took out two biscuits he had prepared and ate them. Then, he closed his eyes as he prepared to take a short break.

Buzz!

Just as Lin Dong closed his eyes, a tree branch ahead of him suddenly shook and an arrow appeared and flew towards him.

Just as the arrow was inches away from Lin Dongs body, he suddenly stretched his hand and caught the arrow before he immediately threw the arrow back in the direction it had came from.

As the arrow flew through the woods, a small figure darted out and landed on top of a tree branch and cautiously observed Lin Dong.

Lin Dong leisurely lifted his head and looked at that person. A look of surprise surfaced in his eyes as he realized that it was actually a girl.

On the tree branch stood a young lady in a leather skirt. The skintight attire caused the curves of her slim figure to be clearly visible. Her skin was not white like other girls but rather it was a healthy bronze color. Therefore, she gave off a wild and unruly kind of charm. In fact, this young lady was akin to a small female panther, filled with explosive power and ready to pounce at any moment.

At this instance, that young lady was vigilantly staring at Lin Dong. Held within her hands, was a wooden bow that had already been reloaded.

Of course, Lin Dong was not surprised by the gender of that person. Rather, he was taken back by her swift and adept reflexes. If he had to guess, this young lady had probably reached Tempered Body 8th Layer, definitely not a weakling.

If you want the tag on my body, I am afraid you have found the wrong target. Lin Dong said with a smile after he quickly shoved the dry biscuit in his hand into his mouth.

You must be Lin Dong? The young lady garbed in leather suddenly said as she stared at Lin Dong. Her voice was melodious like a young lady, yet it contained a little hint of hoarseness too. This hoarseness also caused her well-developed body to seem even more sexy.

Yes? Lin Dong was taken back, he did not expect that the young lady would actually know his name.

Hehe, I was the one who told her. Just as Lin Dong replied in astonishment, a laughter sounded out nearby. Soon after, some tree leaves parted to reveal a figure approaching Lin Dong. It was Wu Yun.

At Wu Yuns arrival, Lin Dong furrowed his eyebrows and asked: What are you guys planning?

Dont be mistaken. With so many tags around, I will definitely not go after yours. The reason why I looked for you is because I wanted to propose a collaboration. Wu Yun hurriedly gestured with his hands and said.

Why cooperate? Based on your abilities, it should be very easy to obtain ten tags. Lin Dong replied.

We discovered a Demonic Beast nearby. Wu Yun softly muttered as he took two steps forward.

Oh? What kind of Demonic Beast? Lin Dong lifted his eyebrows. There were actually Demonic Beasts in these woods?

Fire Python Tiger. Wu Yuns voice became even softer.

Fire Python Tiger Why would such a creature be here?

Upon hearing this name, Lin Dongs palm involuntarily shuddered. Then, with a strange expression, he stared at Wu Yun and said: Do you have a death wish? A mature Fire Python Beast match up to a Heavenly Yuan Stage practitioner! We cant deal with it!

Fire Python Tiger. When Lin Dong was at the Martial Arts Library, he happened to chance across a Demonic Beast index and this Fire Python Tiger was renowned as a ferocious monster. When it matures, its power would be equivalent to a Heavenly Yuan Stage practitioner. However, these kind of Demonic Beasts are normally found in the deep mountains, why would one appear here now?

Dont worry, that Fire Python Tiger is heavily wounded now. Based on its expression, it seemed to have escaped here from the deep mountains. More importantly, it had just given birth. Wu Yun softly said as he stepped closer towards Lin Dong.

Given birth?

Upon hearing these two words, Lin Dong immediately took in a deep breath as his facial expression distorted. Fire Python Tigers become extremely aggressive when they mature. Owing to their aggressive nature, the only way to tame them, is to start when they are young. Therefore, anyone who could obtain this Fire Python Tiger cub, would essentially have a pet that could rival a Heavenly Yuan practitioner in the future!

If this news got out, everyone major faction in QingYang Town would definitely lust after it. After all, even after all these years of development, there were still only four Heavenly Yuan practitioners in the Lin Family.

Lei Li and Xie Yingying are already heading towards that direction and they have acquired some helpers. Therefore, I can only turn towards you. After all, if we let the Lei and Xie Family obtain that Fire Python Tiger cub, it will only be bad news for both the Lin Family and the Raging Blade Dojo. Wu Yun said seriously.

Lin Dong furrowed his eyebrows. He did not expect such a sudden development during this hunt. If Xie and Lei Family got news regarding the existence of that Fire Python Tiger cub, Lei Bao might even disregard the entire competition and head down to hunt it personally. Fortunately, the news had not gotten out yet.

So, how about it? Wu Yun asked nervously as he looked at Lin Dongs complicated expression. He knew that Lei Lis side was powerful and without Lin Dongs help, he would definitely be unable to grab the prize.

Lin Dong bit his lips. After a moment of silence, he finally nodded his head to the delight of Wu Yun.

Alright, lets do it!

Chapter 43: Snatching the Cubs

Haha, Brother Lin Dong is indeed magnanimous!

After he saw Lin Dong nod his head, Wu Yun could not help but let out a hearty laugh as an excited smile surfaced on his face.

Here, let me introduce you guys. This is Mu Lingsha from the Mu Family, my good friend since long ago. Hehe, dont underestimate her just because she is a lady, she has advanced to Tempered Body 8th Layer and is extremely good at archery. With her on our side, we will have an easier time. Wu Yun smiled as he pointed towards the slim young lady standing on a tree-branch.

Mu Family? Lin Dong was slightly taken back as he nodded his head. This Mu Family was situated within a hundred miles of QingYang Town and they had quite a reputation. Naturally, Lin Dong had heard of them before.

Based on my knowledge, there are a total of three Fire Python Tiger cubs. If we succeed, each of us can get one. Wu Yun smiled as he said.

Its too early to be discussing how to split the spoils. After all, the Fire Python Tiger is no ordinary creature. Even if it was heavily injured and just gave birth, it will still be a difficult beast to handle. In fact, we may even sustain some damage. Lin Dong sighed as he shook his head.

Ah ha, dont worry. The Fire Python Tiger is not a problem. The main issue lies with Lei Li and company. If I am not mistaken, Lei Li should have advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. Therefore, he is probably the strongest amongst all the contestants. Wu Yun chuckled before he promptly signed.

Let's head over there first, before we assess the situation. Lin Dong said as he nodded.

Upon hearing these words, Wu Yun also nodded in agreement. He lifted his head to look at Mu Linsha and she promptly leapt off the branch before glancing at Lin Dong and saying: Follow me.

Immediately, she dashed towards the forests on the right side with Wu Yun and Lin Dong swiftly behind.

As the three of them ran through the woods, they met several idling contestants who wanted to rob them of their tags. However, whenever any of them tried to make a move, an arrow will rip through the air and pierce the ground before them. The force behind that arrow clearly showed that should the arrow be pointed towards their bodies, it would definitely rip a bloody hole in their bodies.

With the aid of Mu Lingshas brilliant archery skills, they three of them had a smooth journey. After they travelled through the woods for approximately ten minutes, Mu Lingshas pace slowed down and she deftly hid behind a large tree. Her swift movements clearly demonstrated that she held a great understanding of the forests.

We have arrived.

Wu Yun deliberately muffled his voice as he told Lin Dong who was behind.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Dong stealthily took two steps forward. He scanned around before spotting something and concentrating his attention on it.

Imprinted in his eyes, was a spacious forested area. There, stood more than ten people with large wooden spears. Leading the pack were Lei Li and Xie Yingying.

Right in the middle of the group was a towering Demonic Beast. The Demonic Beast was covered in fur that looked like fire and its head resembled that of a fearsome tiger. Its tail was arched over its back, like a snake ready to pounce, and looked exactly like a flaming python.

This was completely similar to what Lin Dong had seen on the Demonic Beast Index. However, the Fire Python Tiger, which was supposed to look majestic and intimidating, seemed extremely weak as fresh blood constantly gushed out from its body, dyeing its surroundings blood red. After witnessing the damage taken by the Fire Python Tiger, Lin Dong now understood why Wu Yun had mentioned that the Fire Python Tiger was hardly a concern.

Based on its injuries, it would eventually bleed to death even if no one made a move. Lei Li was clear on this point as he only led probing attacks on the beast, not willing to directly engage it in battle. After all, the Fire Python Tiger could match up to a Heavenly Yuan expert and even its final death throes were no laughing matter.

The Fire Python Tiger Cubs are on the rocks right behind it. Wu Yun secretly whispered to Lin Dong from behind.

Lin Dong vision instantly turned towards the rocks behind the Fire Python Tiger. Right there, he could see three blood-stained cubs on the rocks. Their eyes were not even open as they squealed and rolled on the rocks in an attempt to stand up.

These are indeed cubs.

After witnessing this sight, despite Lin Dongs level of cool-headedness, a fiery passion could not help but be lit up in his eyes. If he could obtain just one cub, then his Lin Family would effectively gain another Heavenly Yuan Practitioner. This would be a huge score for his Lin Family.

Hehe, I told you? So, what now? Wu Yun cheekily smiled after he saw Lin Dongs expression.

Lets wait for the Fire Python Tiger to die first. Lin Dong took a deep breath as he calmed himself before he softly replied. After all, it would be too risky if that creature was still alive.

Yes. After hearing Lin Dongs suggestion, Wu Yun nodded in agreement.

At that time, once the Fire Python Tiger dies, I will intervene to stop Lei Li and the rest while Mu Lingsha shall covertly assist me. Wu Yun, your mission is to grab these Fire Python Tiger Cubs. Once you obtain them, you must leave immediately and we will meet back at our rendezvous point. Lin Dong licked his lips as he told outlined his plan to the rest.

You are planning to fight them by yourself? Upon hearing his plan, Wu Yun was shocked. There were about ten of them at Lei Lis side, furthermore Lei Li had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. If Lin Dong were to appear, he would surely be captured in a jiffy.

Dont worry, I will not overextend myself. Lin Dong smiled as he waved his hand.

Upon seeing the smiling expression on Lin Dongs face, Wu Yun was stunned. Suddenly, a frightening thought flashed in his mind, however he immediately killed it.

Alright, lets follow your plan. You focus on Lei Li and Xie Yingying. Leave the rest to me, I will stop them. Mu Lingsha also stared at Lin Dong in shock, yet she did not question him.

Thank you. Lin Dong smiled gently. Without another word, he turned to look at the forest.

The situation with the Fire Python Tiger had reached a gruesome stage. As it was being provoked by Lei Li and the rest, it could only sluggishly chase after them. However, as it moved, fresh blood gushed onto the floor until eventually, even its internal organs began to spill out.

Thud!

The injuries sustained were truly fatal. Therefore, after a short chase, the Fire Python Tiger release a roar of despair as it fell on the floor with a thud.

Delight surfaced in Lei Li, Xie Yingying and the rest after they saw the Fire Python Tiger finally breathe its last breath. A hungry expression quickly replaced their delight as they turned to stare at the three Fire Python Tiger cubs on the rock. A split second later, they dashed towards the cubs.

Attack!

Just as Lei Li and the rest rushed forward, Lin Dong released a low growl as he kicked his foot off the ground, shooting forward to obstruct both Lei Li and Xie YingYing.

Swish swish!

Just as Lin Dong made his move, Mu Lingshas beautiful face turned icy. She swiftly pulled her bow back and arrows flew through the woods to promptly stop the rest of the group following behind Lei Li and Xie Yingying.

Lin Dong!

This sudden developed caused Lei Li and Xie Yingying to be startled. As they stared at the man blocking their way, an ugly expression surfaced on their faces. Lei Li released a sneer as he heavily stepped off the ground and jumped towards Lin Dong, attacking him with a punch. The powerful force contained within his blow caused the surrounding air to vibrate.

Since you delivered yourself straight into my hands, dont blame me!

Lin Dong lifted his head to gaze at the figure who was rapidly growing bigger before his eyes. Based on the force contained within this punch, Lin Dong understood that Lei Li had indeed advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. In fact, if this punch was delivered to a Tempered Body 9th Layer practitioner, he would suffer massive injures.

Lin Dong, watch out. Dodge quickly!

As Wu Yun was dashed towards the cubs, he hurriedly shouted out upon witnessing this scene.

However, Lin Dong chose to ignore Wu Yans warning. Keeping both of his eyes firmly on Lei Li, he took half a step back while his fingers gripped together. Then, he retaliated with a punch, forcefully countering Lei Lis powerful blow.

Wu Yuns face turned pale after he saw Lin Dongs decision to retaliate. Just as the former was about to retreat and save Lin Dong, he suddenly saw that at the epicenter, Lei Lis body had actually been blown back. In fact, he landed awkwardly and even took a few steps back, nearly falling to the ground.

The chaotic woods instantly fell silent. Even Xie Yingying gasped in surprise, unable to believe what had just happened. Lei Li had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, yet he was blown back by a single punch from Lin Dong!

Dammithas that bastard advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage?

Wu Yun stared at Lin Dongs back in complete shock. The terrifying thought that had flashed in his mind previously was now finally confirmed...

Started reading and caught up with the translations! Thank you for the read!

Chapter 43: Snatching the Cubs

Haha, Brother Lin Dong is indeed magnanimous!

After he saw Lin Dong nod his head, Wu Yun could not help but let out a hearty laugh as an excited smile surfaced on his face.

Here, let me introduce you guys. This is Mu Lingsha from the Mu Family, my good friend since long ago. Hehe, dont underestimate her just because she is a lady, she has advanced to Tempered Body 8th Layer and is extremely good at archery. With her on our side, we will have an easier time. Wu Yun smiled as he pointed towards the slim young lady standing on a tree-branch.

Mu Family? Lin Dong was slightly taken back as he nodded his head. This Mu Family was situated within a hundred miles of QingYang Town and they had quite a reputation. Naturally, Lin Dong had heard of them before.

Based on my knowledge, there are a total of three Fire Python Tiger cubs. If we succeed, each of us can get one. Wu Yun smiled as he said.

Its too early to be discussing how to split the spoils. After all, the Fire Python Tiger is no ordinary creature. Even if it was heavily injured and just gave birth, it will still be a difficult beast to handle. In fact, we may even sustain some damage. Lin Dong sighed as he shook his head.

Ah ha, dont worry. The Fire Python Tiger is not a problem. The main issue lies with Lei Li and company. If I am not mistaken, Lei Li should have advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. Therefore, he is probably the strongest amongst all the contestants. Wu Yun chuckled before he promptly signed.

Let's head over there first, before we assess the situation. Lin Dong said as he nodded.

Upon hearing these words, Wu Yun also nodded in agreement. He lifted his head to look at Mu Linsha and she promptly leapt off the branch before glancing at Lin Dong and saying: Follow me.

Immediately, she dashed towards the forests on the right side with Wu Yun and Lin Dong swiftly behind.

As the three of them ran through the woods, they met several idling contestants who wanted to rob them of their tags. However, whenever any of them tried to make a move, an arrow will rip through the air and pierce the ground before them. The force behind that arrow clearly showed that should the arrow be pointed towards their bodies, it would definitely rip a bloody hole in their bodies.

With the aid of Mu Lingshas brilliant archery skills, they three of them had a smooth journey. After they travelled through the woods for approximately ten minutes, Mu Lingshas pace slowed down and she deftly hid behind a large tree. Her swift movements clearly demonstrated that she held a great understanding of the forests.

We have arrived.

Wu Yun deliberately muffled his voice as he told Lin Dong who was behind.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Dong stealthily took two steps forward. He scanned around before spotting something and concentrating his attention on it.

Imprinted in his eyes, was a spacious forested area. There, stood more than ten people with large wooden spears. Leading the pack were Lei Li and Xie Yingying.

Right in the middle of the group was a towering Demonic Beast. The Demonic Beast was covered in fur that looked like fire and its head resembled that of a fearsome tiger. Its tail was arched over its back, like a snake ready to pounce, and looked exactly like a flaming python.

This was completely similar to what Lin Dong had seen on the Demonic Beast Index. However, the Fire Python Tiger, which was supposed to look majestic and intimidating, seemed extremely weak as fresh blood constantly gushed out from its body, dyeing its surroundings blood red. After witnessing the damage taken by the Fire Python Tiger, Lin Dong now understood why Wu Yun had mentioned that the Fire Python Tiger was hardly a concern.

Based on its injuries, it would eventually bleed to death even if no one made a move. Lei Li was clear on this point as he only led probing attacks on the beast, not willing to directly engage it in battle. After all, the Fire Python Tiger could match up to a Heavenly Yuan expert and even its final death throes were no laughing matter.

The Fire Python Tiger Cubs are on the rocks right behind it. Wu Yun secretly whispered to Lin Dong from behind.

Lin Dong vision instantly turned towards the rocks behind the Fire Python Tiger. Right there, he could see three blood-stained cubs on the rocks. Their eyes were not even open as they squealed and rolled on the rocks in an attempt to stand up.

These are indeed cubs.

After witnessing this sight, despite Lin Dongs level of cool-headedness, a fiery passion could not help but be lit up in his eyes. If he could obtain just one cub, then his Lin Family would effectively gain another Heavenly Yuan Practitioner. This would be a huge score for his Lin Family.

Hehe, I told you? So, what now? Wu Yun cheekily smiled after he saw Lin Dongs expression.

Lets wait for the Fire Python Tiger to die first. Lin Dong took a deep breath as he calmed himself before he softly replied. After all, it would be too risky if that creature was still alive.

Yes. After hearing Lin Dongs suggestion, Wu Yun nodded in agreement.

At that time, once the Fire Python Tiger dies, I will intervene to stop Lei Li and the rest while Mu Lingsha shall covertly assist me. Wu Yun, your mission is to grab these Fire Python Tiger Cubs. Once you obtain them, you must leave immediately and we will meet back at our rendezvous point. Lin Dong licked his lips as he told outlined his plan to the rest.

You are planning to fight them by yourself? Upon hearing his plan, Wu Yun was shocked. There were about ten of them at Lei Lis side, furthermore Lei Li had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. If Lin Dong were to appear, he would surely be captured in a jiffy.

Dont worry, I will not overextend myself. Lin Dong smiled as he waved his hand.

Upon seeing the smiling expression on Lin Dongs face, Wu Yun was stunned. Suddenly, a frightening thought flashed in his mind, however he immediately killed it.

Alright, lets follow your plan. You focus on Lei Li and Xie Yingying. Leave the rest to me, I will stop them. Mu Lingsha also stared at Lin Dong in shock, yet she did not question him.

Thank you. Lin Dong smiled gently. Without another word, he turned to look at the forest.

The situation with the Fire Python Tiger had reached a gruesome stage. As it was being provoked by Lei Li and the rest, it could only sluggishly chase after them. However, as it moved, fresh blood gushed onto the floor until eventually, even its internal organs began to spill out.

Thud!

The injuries sustained were truly fatal. Therefore, after a short chase, the Fire Python Tiger release a roar of despair as it fell on the floor with a thud.

Delight surfaced in Lei Li, Xie Yingying and the rest after they saw the Fire Python Tiger finally breathe its last breath. A hungry expression quickly replaced their delight as they turned to stare at the three Fire Python Tiger cubs on the rock. A split second later, they dashed towards the cubs.

Attack!

Just as Lei Li and the rest rushed forward, Lin Dong released a low growl as he kicked his foot off the ground, shooting forward to obstruct both Lei Li and Xie YingYing.

Swish swish!

Just as Lin Dong made his move, Mu Lingshas beautiful face turned icy. She swiftly pulled her bow back and arrows flew through the woods to promptly stop the rest of the group following behind Lei Li and Xie Yingying.

Lin Dong!

This sudden developed caused Lei Li and Xie Yingying to be startled. As they stared at the man blocking their way, an ugly expression surfaced on their faces. Lei Li released a sneer as he heavily stepped off the ground and jumped towards Lin Dong, attacking him with a punch. The powerful force contained within his blow caused the surrounding air to vibrate.

Since you delivered yourself straight into my hands, dont blame me!

Lin Dong lifted his head to gaze at the figure who was rapidly growing bigger before his eyes. Based on the force contained within this punch, Lin Dong understood that Lei Li had indeed advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. In fact, if this punch was delivered to a Tempered Body 9th Layer practitioner, he would suffer massive injures.

Lin Dong, watch out. Dodge quickly!

As Wu Yun was dashed towards the cubs, he hurriedly shouted out upon witnessing this scene.

However, Lin Dong chose to ignore Wu Yans warning. Keeping both of his eyes firmly on Lei Li, he took half a step back while his fingers gripped together. Then, he retaliated with a punch, forcefully countering Lei Lis powerful blow.

Wu Yuns face turned pale after he saw Lin Dongs decision to retaliate. Just as the former was about to retreat and save Lin Dong, he suddenly saw that at the epicenter, Lei Lis body had actually been blown back. In fact, he landed awkwardly and even took a few steps back, nearly falling to the ground.

The chaotic woods instantly fell silent. Even Xie Yingying gasped in surprise, unable to believe what had just happened. Lei Li had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, yet he was blown back by a single punch from Lin Dong!

Dammithas that bastard advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage?

Wu Yun stared at Lin Dongs back in complete shock. The terrifying thought that had flashed in his mind previously was now finally confirmed...

Chapter 44: Success

Thud thud.

Lei Li somewhat haggardly stabilized his body as he lifted his head and stared in shock at Lin Dong, involuntarily letting out: You entered Earthly Yuan Stage too? How is that possible?!

Lei Li disbelieving voice was like a peal of thunder as it sounded in the eardrums of everyone nearby, shocking them. Immediately, gasps echoed out in the forest ground.

If you can advance to Earthly Yuan Stage, why cant I do the same? Lin Dong smiled as he saw Lei Lis somewhat frightened and doubtful expression. It was like he had seen a ghost.

You!

Lei Lis face twitched as his body began to tremble uncontrollably. He had started his training three years ago and with the aid of the bountiful resources from the Lei Family, he finally managed to advance to Earthly Yuan Stage just two months before. However, what about Lin Dong? Based on his knowledge, the latter only started training approximately one year ago!

In just one years time, he had caught up to his three years of training!

How incredulous is that? That kind of progress was something Lei Li never ever heard of!

Impossible!

Lei Li expression constantly changed, eventually settling into a somewhat a warped expression as he took two steps forward. He refused to believe that Lin Dong had truly advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage!

Big Brother Lei Li, they are going to snatch the Fire Python Tiger cubs! Just as Lei Li was struggling with the turmoil in his heart, the observant Xie Yingying suddenly panicked after she saw Wu Yun climbing onto the rocks.

Bastard!

After hearing her words, Lei Li immediately regained his wits. Seeing that Wu Yun had already climbed onto the rocks, rage filled his entire body as a thick Yuan Power immediately exploded from within. Faintly, hints of Yin Energy dotted his Yuan Power. It seems like he had managed to absorbed a little Yin Energy into his Yuan Power and successfully fuse them. However, the Yin Energy that he assimilated seemed to be of the ordinary Grade found between Heaven and Earth.

Lin Dong, I dont care how you managed to increase your strength, you still lack the qualifications to beat me!

As Yuan Power surged within his body, Lei Lis body felt full of strength as he enjoyed that refreshing power. When he attacked previously, he never expected that Lin Dongs strength had advanced to such terrifying levels. Therefore, he was careless and ended up losing out. Now that he was fully prepared, even if Lin Dong had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, he would not easily lose out.

With a roar, Lei Li dashed out with both of his palms bent like eagle claws as he went for Lin Dongs head.

Yingying, stop Wu Yun!

Just as he moved to attack Lin Dong, Lei Li once again shouted out.

At Lei Lis shout, Xie Yingying nodded her head. However, right before she could make her move, Lin Dong broke away from Lei Li pursuit and appeared in front of her. With a simple palm attack, he instantly blew Xie Yingying back.

All of you attack!

After he saw Lin Dong purposefully avoid him and instead chose to tangle with Xie Yingying, Lei Lis face turned blue as he shouted at the crew behind him that he had hastily assembled.

The crew behind him hesitated after they heard Lei Lis roar. Several of them could only grit their teeth as they remembered the reward that Lei Li had promised them previously. However, just as they were about to make their move, arrows suddenly flew through the forest and hastily stopped them in their tracks.

While Lin Dong and Mu Lingsha restricted Lei Li and the rest, Wu Yun finally climbed onto the rocks. Taking out a piece of cloth from his chest, he wrapped the three Fire Python Tiger cubs within and swiftly jumped down. Following which he whistled a signal before immediately dashing into the woods and disappearing.

Go!

As he heard the whistle, Lin Dong was delighted. He quickly turned to Mu Lingshas current position and shouted.

Swish swish!

Hidden in the woods, Mu Lingsha lightly nodded as she fired off her remaining arrows before turning to flee.

Haha, Lei Li. Well have our real match when we reach the stage later. However, right now, its time for me to split my spoils

After he saw Mu Lingshas successful escape and then Lei Lis fuming expression, Lin Dong felt incredible carefree. He let out a hearty laugh as he stamped off the ground and immediately dashed off. Concurrently, he flung his arms at Lei Li and the rest, violently firing the rock shrapnels hidden within his sleeves to slow them down.

By the time Lei Li deflected those rocks projectiles, he could only see Lin Dongs shadow escaping into the woods. Immediately, he exploded in anger. His furious roars could be heard resounding hatefully throughout the forest.

Lin Dong, I swear I will kill you!

As he ran in the dense forest, Lin Dong could hear the angry roars from behind him. However, he only casually smiled. Based on his current strength, he hardly feared Lei Li. Furthermore, he was also not worried about offending Lei and Xie Family. After all, they were already hostile towards the Lin Family. Therefore, why bother?

Lin Dong body traversed through the woods like an agile monkey. Approximately ten minutes later, he stopped and scanned his surroundings before he finally sat down below a giant tree.

Soon after, he heard the rustling sounds of leaves from nearby. Next, Wu Yun and Mu Lingsha surfaced in front of Lin Dong.

Haha, that was wonderful!

Just a Wu Yun appeared, he involuntarily let out a hearty laugh. Then he looked at Lin Dong with admiration as he chuckled: Looks like we found the right person. Brother Lin Dong, your training progress is simply sick. In just four months time, you advanced from Tempered Body 8th Layer to Earthly Yuan Stage.

Its just a fluke. Lin Dong smiled as he casually replied.

Let us split our spoils.

Wu Yun carefully unwrapped the cloth bundle on the back and placed it on a nearby rock. Hidden within this cloth bundle were three tiny blood-stained Fire Python Tiger cubs. As they struggled to crawl around with their tiny bodies, they looked extremely cute. Even Mu Lingshas eyes lit up. Even though she was still young, it seems like the motherly instinct was something every female possessed.

Brother Lin Dong, youve contributed the most. You should pick first. Wu Yun smiled as he said. Standing beside him, Mu Lingsha also nodded her head. Evidently, she agreed as well.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Dong did not bother with any pleasantries as he extended his right palm to gently touch these three cubs. As they felt human contact, these three cubs immediately curled up their tiny bodies.

Lin Dongs right palm hesitated for a while as it moved back and forth over the three cubs. Moments later, when his palm touched the tiny cub on the left, a glint flashed across his eyes. With a smile, he picked it up in his arms and said: Here, let me have this one.

This one Brother Lin Dong, this cub seems like the weakest among the three. Im afraid it will be somewhat difficult to take care of it. Are you sure about this? Upon witnessing Lin Dongs choice, Wu Yun and Mu Lingsha were both stunned as they asked.

Its fine, I want it.

Lin Dong smiled as he shook his head. Naturally, he had a reason for doing so. Just now when he was touching these three cubs with his right palm, he felt a slight vibration from the Stone Talisman embedded within his palm when he touched this tiny cub.

The Stone Talisman was usually extremely quiet, therefore whenever it makes a move, it must have encountered something extraordinary.

Lin Dong lowered his head to look at the tiny Fire Python Tiger cub, which had yet to even open its eyes. Based on his judgement, he could not tell why this little cub was special. Nonetheless, he chose to believe in the Stone Talisman.

This fellow must be somehow different right?

Lin Dong hugged the tiny cub as he muttered uncertainly to himself.

Chapter 45: Rising Tension

After they split their battle spoils, Lin Dong and the rest were all smiles. Even Mu Lingsha had a happy expression that reached her cheeks. After all, she came to this Hunt to strive for a good ranking so as to boost the reputation of the Mu Family. She did not expect to receive such a wonderful gift in the process.

Compared to this Fire Python Tiger cub, the Hunt had become an insignificant event.

Let us head to the stage. Wu Yun carefully cradled his Tiger cub as he smiled and said.

Lin Dong nodded in agreement. Even though he still lacked two more more body tags, he knew that it was not a problem.

I wont be going. Besides them, Mu Lingsha silently muttered as she suddenly shook her head.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Dong and Wu Yun were both stunned. They stared at the tiny cub in Mu Lingshas arms before nodding their heads in comprehension. A Fire Python Tiger cub was extremely valuable and if she could successful tame and train it, their Mu Family would have the protection of a Heavenly Yuan Level Fire Python Tiger. That was extremely good news for their entire village!

Furthermore, in the current Mu Family, there was only one person that reached the early stage of Heavenly Yuan Level.

However, a Fire Python Tiger cub would definitely attract the envy of others and if news of this incident got out, the Lei and Xie Families would definitely pursue it. The Lin Family and the Raging Blade Dojo were both well-established factions, thus they were not fearful of the Xie and Lei Families. However, the Mu Family that Mu Lingsha belonged to was different; they were too weak to fight against the Lei and Xie Families. Therefore, the fact that she had the Tiger cub must not be revealed or it would spell calamity for the Mu Family.

We will keep your secret. Lin Dong softly said.

Thank you. Mu Lingsha gratefully said as she glanced at Lin Dong. Then she cheekily said: If you are free in the future, you can look me up at Mu Family village. I will bring you around.

Haha, its a deal. Wu Yun smiled as he nodded his head.

Since the two of them agreed, Mu Lingsha did not linger any further. After she said her goodbyes, she hid the tiger cub and lept onto a tree branch. Like a swift female panther, she immediately fled towards the outside the woods.

Lets go.

Sending off Mu Lingsha with their gazes, Lin Dong gestured with his hand. Immediately after, he ran towards the center of the woods with Wu Yun swiftly behind.

Only a few of them made it into the deep forest and naturally, these people were quite skilled. Nonetheless, since Lin Dong had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, they posed little threat to him. Therefore, moments later, he had obtained the last two more tags.

During winter, the sunlight did not feel blazing hot but was instead rather comfortable. Seated in the Monster Area were thousands of black bobbing heads. Their gazes were all concentrated on the center of the Monster Arena. Situated there, was an arena atop a small hill.

Based on my calculations, these participants should reach the arena soon At the Lin Family area, Lin Zhen Tian narrowed his eyes at the arena and smiled while muttering to himself.

Haha, Father dont worry. Based on Lin Dongs strength, as long as he doesnt encounter Lei Li, it would be easy for him to obtain ten tags. To his side, Lin Ken chuckled and said.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Zhen Tian smiled as he nodded his head. Just as he gathered his thoughts, waves of cheers suddenly sounded out from the Monster Arena. Soon after, he saw a few figures appearing on the giant arena. Upon seeing that one familiar figure among them, he secretly heaved a sigh of relief.

On the giant arena, Lin Dong and Wu Yun both revealed themselves. They looked at the huge crowd around them and marvelled. After all, it was rare to see such this many people all in one place.

Just as Lin Dong and the rest ascended onto the Stone Arena, several judges swiftly arrived and examined the tags in their hand before withdrawing once again.

Not long after, two other figures also appeared on the stone arena. However, plastered on their faces were anger and rage and they immediately turned to glare at Lin Dong and Wu Yun.

Faced with Lei Lis and Xie Yingyings menacing glare, Lin Dong and Wu Yun exchanged a glance before they both chuckled.

I will not let you so easily snatch away the cubs!

Upon seeing the two of them laugh, the anger in Lei Lis heart burned even hotter. Promptly, he turned towards the area where the Lei and Xie Families were seated and shouted : Grandpa, Uncle Xie, just now, me and Xie Yingying encountered a heavily injured Fire Python Tiger and its three new born cubs. After the two of us struggled with it for a long time, we finally killed it. However, right at the last moment, Wu Yun and Lin Dong launched a sneak attack and snatched the three cubs away from us. Please help us address this injustice!

Everyone in the crowd was stunned when they heard Lei Lis sudden roar. However, right after they heard about the three Fire Python Tiger cubs, the entire crowd burst into an uproar.

What?!

Everyone in the audience, no matter the Lei or Xie Family, or even Lin Zhen Tian and Luo Cheng all immediately stood up as their facial expression changed dramatically. All of them clearly knew the prowess of the Fire Python Tiger, and three cubs represented three potential future Heavenly Yuan practitioners. This power was something that no faction could afford to ignore!

Three Fire Python Tiger cubs?!

Lei Baos face immediately flushed red. He exchanged a glance with Xie Qian as a glint flashed in his eyes before he turned to ask in a solemn voice: Is this true?

On the giant arena, Lin Dong and Wu Yuns facial expressions slightly changed. They did not expect Lei Li to be so shameless.

The Fire Python Tiger was already heavily wounded. Does that mean whoever saw it first owns it? If so, tomorrow I will circle around the deep mountains, and every Demonic Beast that I see will belong to me. In the future, if anyone catches them, they will have to compensate me! Wu Yuns expression darkened as he retorted with a sneer.

Wu Yuns cheeky retort immediately caused laughter to erupt in the audience. Some people in the crowd also nodded in agreement to his logic. After all, the Fire Python Tiger belongs to no one. Hence, the cubs should belong to whoever had the ability to obtain them...

Stop trying to find excuses! Lei Bao shouted as his face twisted.

Bang!

Before Lei Baos words could fade, nearby, Luo Cheng immediately slammed his palm onto his stone chair. The strength behind his blow immediately shattered the stone chair as he gripped onto the long sabre on his waist and icily said: Head of Lei Family, anything your family member speaks is the truth. Yet when my family member speaks, it becomes nonsense? Do you think my Raging Blade Dojo is so easy to bully?

Everything in the world will come to those who are fated with it. How can this be counted as stealing! Old Man Lei, dont be too overbearing. Lin Zhen Tian also spoke up in an indifferent manner. When he spoke, Lin Xiao could see his palm slightly trembling in excitement. After all, mentioning the Fire Python Tiger cubs had caused him to lose his cool.

After witnessing that the Lin Family and the Raging Blade Dojo had allied together, Lei Baos expression slightly darkened as he icily shouted: Fire Python Tiger indeed belongs to no one. However, Lei Li had invested effort into this, yet in the end, all the spoils were taken by your people. Therefore, even if the two of you are allied together, you must give me a satisfactory answer!

After hearing Lei Baos tone, everyone could tell that he was highly unwilling to give away the cubs to the Lei Family and the Raging Blade Dojo.

An answer? Dont tell me you want the cubs back? The scar on Luo Chengs face was wriggling like a scorpion, as he menacingly replied.

Master Luo, things are getting heated. This will not be good for any of us. Let me suggest an alternative, as it happens, we are currently having a competition. Why not let whoever wins take away the cubs? After watching the situation heat up, Xie Qian suddenly suggested.

Based on words alone, you plan to snatch the cubs away. How can there be such a good deal in this world? Lin Zhen Tian sneered as he furrowed his eyebrows. Lei Li and Xie Yingying were both the most outstanding among the younger generation members from their respective families. In fact, the former may have even advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. Wu Yun may be able to deal with them, however, it was unlikely that Lin Dong would be able to match up to Lei Li.

I will wager my Steel Wood Manor. During this competition, should Lei Li lose to Lin Dong, then my Steel Wood Manor shall belong to your Lin Family. However, if you lose, that cub will belong to my Lei Family. Lin Zhen Tian, do you dare to accept this wager? Lei Bao eyes flashed as he said.

Steel Wood Manor?

Upon hearing these words, not only was Lin Zhen Tian and Luo Cheng shocked, but even Xie Qian was stunned as well. The Steel Wood Manor manufactures a unique Steel Wood and it was a significant enterprise in the Lei Family. Lei Bao actually dared to use this Steel Wood Manor as a wager? However, moments later, they regained their wits after they realized that the Lei Family victory was almost guaranteed.

Lin Zhen Tian facial expression changed irregularly,he was obviously shocked by the stakes. Immediately, he gently shook his head. Even though the wager was lucrative, he knew that their odds were still too low. After all, even though Lin Dong was highly talented, he started training a lot later than Lei Li. If they fought now, he would likely lose.

Father, lets drop this notion...

Standing behind Lin Zhen Tian, Lin Kens, Lin Xiaos and Lin Mangs facial expression changed as they clenched their jaws and softly muttered. If they were to lose the Fire Python Tiger cub because of this wager, it would hardly be worthwhile.

After hearing the three of them, Lin Zhen Tian sighed in his heart. However, just as he was about to reject, a clear voice suddenly resonated from the Stone Arena, causing everyone to be stunned.

Alright, our Lin Family accepts your wager!

Chapter 46: Stunning the Entire Arena

The sudden clear voice caused the entire Monster Arena to quiet down as several uneasy gazes were directed towards Lin Dong, who was standing on the arena.

Nonsense. These matters are not for you to decide!

Lin Zhen Tian promptly shouted. He was shocked by Lin Dongs sudden gesture. He believed that it was Lin Dongs hot-blooded youthfulness that caused him to be unable to put up with their provocations any longer and thus rashly agree to the wager.

Besides Lin Zhen Tian, Lin Xiao and the rest furrowed their eyebrows. They knew that Lin Dong was clearly a cool and rational person, so why did he suddenly do this?

Grandpa, trust me. Even as he faced the numerous doubtful gazes, Lin Dong looked straight at Lin Zhen Tian and solemnly said.

As he saw the determination in Lin Dongs eyes, Lin Zhen Tians eyebrows tightly knitted together. Could Lin Dong really defeat Lei Li?

Currently, Lei Li had probably advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. Therefore, if Lin Dong wanted to defeat him, he needed to be at Earthly Yuan Stage at least. However, how is that possible? After all, Lin Dong had only started training for approximately a year. The fact that he could reach Tempered Body 9th Layer within a year, was already a remarkable accomplishment. After all, even the renowned Lin Clan genius, Lin Lang Tian, took nearly two years before he advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage.

Hehe, Lin Zhen Tian. Look at what have you become. Have you lost your drive from before? Even a young man dares to accept our challenge, yet you do not. How disappointing. Lei Bao coldly mocked as he looked at the indecisive Lin Zhen Tian.

However, Lin Zhen Tian ignored the taunts. Instead, he turned around and asked Lin Xiao, Lin Ken and Lin Mang: What do you all think?

Upon hearing these words, anxiety and hesitation surfaced on the three of them. Logically speaking, even though the rewards for this wager were highly lucrative, it was too risky. However, there was a greed faintly hidden within their hearts: that they could win both the cub and the Steel Wood Manor.

If their Lin Family could win the Steel Wood Manor, then their profits for each year would rise by approximately forty percent. This was no small amount...

Lin Dong is a calm and rational child. This kind of sub par provocations clearly do not work on him. However, he should also know that Lei Li has advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. Since he dares to accept this challenge, he probably has an ace hidden up his sleeve Lin Ken murmured in a low voice.

If Father wishes to gamble, it could be worth a try

Upon hearing Lin Kens suggestion, Lin Zhen Tian took in a deep breath as he gently shut both of his eyes. Moments later, he opened his eyes, having once again regained his calm. He looked towards Lei Bao and casually said: Since Old Man Lei persists, this time, our Lin Family will play with you!

Lin Dong, its all up to you now. Lin Zhen Tian turned and looked at Lin Dong as the words slowly left his mouth.

After hearing this words, a smile surfaced on Lin Dongs face. He gently nodded his head and then looked towards Lei Li, who was standing nearby. The smile on the formers face instantly turned cold.

Do you really intend to fight Lei Li? Wu Yun, who was standing beside him, anxiously asked. Even though he knew that Lin Dong had also miraculously advanced to Earthly Yuan stage, he did not favour the latter. After all, Lei Li had trained for a much longer period of time, and he must have complete mastery of various kinds of martial arts.

Dont you think it's now too late to regret?

Lin Dong smiled as he passed the Fire Python Tiger cub over to Wu Yun and said: Help me look after it first. I dont want anything to happen to it when I am fighting.

Alright, take extra care. Wu Yun helplessly nodded his head while carefully accepting the cub into his arms like a nanny. He looked a little silly.

The Hunt was now temporarily put on hold because of this unexpected development. Nonetheless, many people in the crowd were pleased because they could witness a battle between Lin Dong and Lei Li. Furthermore, this match also pitted the Lin Family against the Lei Family. Therefore, to be able to witness such a grand gamble, made this trip totally worthwhile.

The other contestants on the stone arena immediately backed off to create an open area in the middle of the arena. A judge also walked inside to preside over this duel.

Under the watchful gazes of the crowd, Lin Dong slowly strolled to the middle of the arena as his heart gradually calmed down. This duel was extremely important for the Lin Family. Not only was the Fire Python Tiger cub at stake, but even more so, the Lin Familys reputation as well.

Lin Dong naturally understood how important this duel was. Hence, the reason why he finally agreed to this duel was because he had every confidence that he would emerge victorious!

As Lei Li stretched his neck, his facial expression was somewhat malicious as he stepped into the arena. Staring straight into Lin Dongs eyes, a menacing glint was reflected in the formers eyes.

I will make sure you lose everything! Standing before Lin Dong, Lei Li declared.

Faced with Lei Lis threat, Lin Dong only replied with a casual smile, declining to retort.

Both parties take your position, let the duel begin!

After seeing both of them enter the stage, the judge immediately announced as he raised his palm and swung it down.

As the judges words faded, Lei Lis facial expression instantly turned icy-cold. A thick and powerful glow of Yuan Power flickered on the surface of his body. The undulations of his Yuan Power was clearly incomparable to that of a Tempered Body 9th Layer practitioner.

He has indeed reached Earthly Yuan Stage

After seeing Lei Lis display, a commotion erupted in the Monster Arena. Meanwhile, a prideful smirk emerged on Lei Baos face.

However, right before his smirk fully formed, it slowly froze in place. This was because he saw streams of thick and powerful Yuan Power also began to flicker on Lin Dongs body. Based on its undulations, his Yuan Power definetly did not lose to Lei Lis!

Lin Dong has also reached Earthly Yuan Stage?!

When Yuan Power gushed over Lin Dongs body, the entire Monster Arena erupted as a look of awe and surprise surfaced on everyones faces. They were not too surprised that Lei Li had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage. However, none of them had ever expected that Lin Dong, who became the new rising star from the Lin Family in the past half a year, had already reached this step!

Pa!

In the Lin Familys area, the teacup in Lin Zhen Tians hand crashed onto the ground and smashed into pieces. He stared at the young man in the arena unable to believe the scene that was playing right before his very eyes. His mouth twitched as if he were trying to speak, yet he found himself at a complete loss for words.

Lin Dong. Since when did he advance To Earthly Yuan Stage? Lin Ken and Lin Mang were totally taken aback, their mouths feeling somewhat dry as they turned in unison and asked Lin Xiao.

This I also have no clue

As he met their gazes, a rigid smile surfaced on Lin Xiaos face. The palm that he had rested on his leg was constantly twitching as an immense pride surged in his heart, causing his entire body to tremble uncontrollably.

Right besides them, Lin Xia, Lin Hong and the rest of the younger generation in the Lin Family stood glued on the spot, their mouths hanging wide open. A feverish gaze faintly burned in their eyes.

No wonder he dared to accept this duel Lin Ken stared at Lin Zhen Tian as he muttered : Father, our Lin Family has finally produced an outstanding genius

Lin Zhen Tian silently nodded his head as he wiped of the tea stains on his clothes with trembling palms. Then, he lifted his head and softly sucked in a breath. His old eyes were moist while his voice was coarse as he softly cried out: The heavens are fair

Nearby, Lei Baos slowly sat back into his chair, ashen faced. A murderous intent faintly flashed within his eyes. Lin Dongs fearsome progress had terrified him.

This boy must not be allowed to survive!

Chapter 47: Intense Battle

Faced with the thunderous hubbub of the crowd, Lin Dong was not the slightest bit distracted. He kept both eyes tightly peeled on Lei Li as the Yuan Power constantly flowed around his body like a stream.

Lin Dong, its too early to celebrate!

In Lei Lis ears, the roars from the Arena felt uncomfortable. He hurriedly stepped forward as both of his palms twisted into a weird angle, all ten of his fingers curled up like the jaw of a deadly snakes head. With the aid of Yuan Power, cracking sounds could be heard as his palms brushed through the air.

Ling Snake Palm, a Level 2 Martial Arts that leaned towards a soft yet vicious style. From his stance, Lin Dong could tell the Lei Li was very well versed in this martial art. When the latter executed his attack, his palms swayed from side to side, causing opponents to be unable to grasp the attack.

After the preliminary exchange at the woods, Lei Lis disdain and contempt for Lin Dong had completely vanished. Therefore, the former immediately used his preferred martial arts. The level of force generated by this combination of user and martial art was indeed remarkable.

As he faced Lei Lis whole hearted offensive, Lin Dongs facial expression also turned serious. However, he had no plans to retreat. After all, based on his current strength, he knew that he could take Lei Li head on!

With that thought in mind, Lin Dong straightened his palms and swiftly moved into 8 Desolation Palm stance. Brandishing his palms, the firm and fierce power behind his palms caused the air to swivel as if they had become a pair of invisible cyclones, blowing off every speck of dust in his surroundings.

Bang bang!

Both palms collided in an instant. Yuan Power violently undulated and dispersed from the epicenter of the clash. The two exchanged blow after blow at a dizzying speed as a series of deep and low sounds constantly echoed out.
    Under the nervous gaze of the crowd, the two figures on the stone arena continued to crisscross and intertwine as they moved. Every attack was met with straight on with another. The vigorous Yuan Power contained within each hit possessed the strength to shatter a boulder!

To think that Lin Dong can actually match up to Lei Li

As they stared at the intense duel between the two contestants in the arena, many people in the crowd could not help but gasp in surprise. Even though Lin Dong had trained for a much shorter time, his Yuan Power and mastery of martial arts was not in the slightest bit weaker than Lei Li.

This bastard has actually reached such a level of perfection in martial arts!

As their palms flickered and blurred, Lei Lis expression darkened. He never expected that he would be unable to swiftly dispatch Lin Dong even when he was going full throttle. Furthermore, he did not know why but each time their palms contacted, he could feel a prickly cold sensation from Lin Dongs Yuan Power.

I cannot let this drag on!

This discovery caused Lei Lis to suddenly concentrate as he abruptly took a step forward. His body was almost touching Lin Dongs and in that instance, the corners of Lei Lis mouth raised to form a sneer. In a flash, Lei Lis entire body suddenly became akin to a terminator. Fist, elbow, finger, leg and every other part of his body suddenly exploded with a raging strength as he rained down countless blows onto Lin Dongs entire body.

The Lei Familys Thunderstorm Strikes

Standing outside the Arena, Wu Yun facial expression changed when he saw Lei Lis wild and furious offensive. ThunderStorm Strikes was a Level 3 Martial arts, and when it was executed, the opponent would experience a devastating attack like a thunder storm. It was extremely fearsome.

Lin Dong initially panicked as he faced Lei Lis sudden attack. However, he immediately steadied himself and balled up one hand into a fist while the other formed into a palm. Then, he swung out both his palm and fist as two different set of martial arts were executed concurrently!

Pa pa pa pa

Penetrating Fist with his left fist and 8 Desolation with his right palm. Both palm and fist moved in perfect coordination as Lin Dong executed the two martial arts. A series of clear crisp echos sounded out as he completely received Lei Lis menacing attack!

Dual-utilization, one hand a fist, the other a palm Seated in the Lin Familys area, Lin Zhen Tian and the rest gasped at this scene. None of them had expected that Lin Dong could actually master and utilize both Penetrating Fist and 8 Desolation Palm to this level!

This kid is definitely a martial arts genius!

Lin Zhen Tian emotionally rubbed his hands together. He suddenly found that, compared to this grandson, the Fire Python Tiger cub and the Steel Wood Manor seemed so insignificant.

Based on the talent that Lin Dong had shown, in time, he will definitely become a legendary figure. At that time, how could the small QingYang Town be able to tie him down?

Compared to the delight that filled the Lin Family, over at Lei and Xie Families, the atmosphere was one of dread. Lei Bao and Xie Qian were even more upset, while the rest of the younger generation members in Lei and Xie Families kept their mouths tightly shut. Xie Ting in particular, who had received a slap from Lin Dong at the bazaar, had turned especially pale. She did not expect that in just a few months time, Lin Dong could actually directly match Lei Li blow for blow.

The situation now doesn't look good for us? The boy from the Lin Family has hidden himself too well Xie Qian approached Lei Bao as he somberly said.

Lei Baos face sunk inwards as his expression darkened while he twisted the jade ring on his finger. Moments later, he solemnly replied: Dont worry. Its not so easy to defeat Lei Li.

Pa pa pa

On the stone arena, the battle intensified as both parties fists and palms rained heavily down on each other. After being struck at every part of their bodies, both of them were hit, and tear after tear began to emerge on their clothes.

Bang!

Yet another powerful exchange caused both Lei Li and Lin Dong to retreat a few steps back.

Buzz buzz

Lei Li stamped his foot on the ground and forcefully stabilized his body. As he wiped off the traces of blood at the corner of his mouth, his gaze was like a deadly wolf as his eyes bored holes into Lin Dong. On his right palm, a bright and thick Yuan Power suddenly undulated. In this instance, Lin Dong could sense that Lei Li had concentrated every bit of Yuan Power in his body onto his palm.

As the Yuan Power in Lei Lis body surged to his palm, the glow on his palm gradually grew brighter and brighter. Eventually, it condensed into a glowing ball that was now violently rolling about in his palm.

The Lei Familys Dashing Lightning!

(TLN: OMG RASENGAN NOW????)

When the glowing ball appeared in Lei Lis palm, the expressions on Lin Zhen Tian and the rest changed in a flash as they involuntarily cried out.

Level 4 Martial Arts, Dashing Lightning. This is one of the two ultimate martial arts of the Lei Family. I never expected that Lei Li had successfully mastered it! Outside the arena, Wu Yun also gasped in shock.

Lei Lis complexion was slightly pale as he stared at Lin Dong, yet a cold smile surfaced on the formers face. He was going to utterly destroy Lin Dong!

Father, quickly ask Lin Dong to surrender. That bastard from Lei Family plans to kill him! As Lei Lis expression turned sinister, Lin Ken hastily said as he saw the murderous glint in Lei Lis eyes.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Zhen Tian tightly clenched his fists. After a short moment of hesitation, just as he intended to stand up, Lin Xiao, who was sitting beside him, said in a low voice: Father, let's wait a little longer!

As Lin Dongs father, he could not explain it, but right now he felt a strange confidence in his son. Somehow, he just knew that Lin Dong would not let him down.

Buzz

In the arena, Lei Li swiftly dashed forward as the glowing ball flickered in the hollow of his palm. As the ball streaked through the air, an explosive chi chi sound was vividly heard. Imagine if this palm landed on anyones body, their life would be forfeit!

Lin Dong, you lose!

The sole of Lei Lis foot stepped off the ground as his body jumped upwards. A thrust from above was aimed at Lin Dong and at this moment, a malevolent expression surfaced on Lei Lis face.

Huu.

Lin Dong lifted his head as the figure rapidly grew bigger before his eyes. He gently exhaled, his face as calm as before. While his two hands linked together as they began to form a series of complex hand-seals.

Its Wonder Gate Seal!

As Lin Dongs hand-seals changed in succession, Lin Xiao and Lin Zhen Tian immediately recognized it. However, their faces instantly paled. After all, this Wonder Gate Seal was merely a Grade 3 Martial Arts, how could it match up to Lei Lis Dashing Lighting?

While Lin Dong speedily executed the different hand-seals, the Yuan Power within his Dan Tian franticly gushed out of his body and converged at the hand-seals.

Its too early for you to celebrate

As Yuan Power madly bubbled out, Lin Dong finished the first chapter of Wonder Gate Seal and straightaway executed the second chapter of Wonder Gate Seal in order to counter Lei Lis Dashing Lightning!

Hand-seals changed at lightning speed as deep blue Yuan Power condensed into a seal made of blue light on his palm. Then, Lin Dong abruptly lifted both palms up and heavily smashed them against the descending Lei Li!

Boom!

A forceful Yuan Power undulated and then erupted before spreading out from the epicenter as a powerful shockwave emerged. Under the watchful gaze of the crowd, a figure flew in the air before heavily slamming onto the ground. A mouthful of fresh blood was violently spat out.

Lei Li

As everyones gazes turned to discover the identity of the person who had fallen to the ground, the entire crowd abruptly turned silent. In this sudden silence, every member of the Lei and Xie Families turned deathly pale...

Chapter 48: Reward

Under the winter sunlight, the colossal Monster Arena sunk into silence. Everyone was shocked as they looked at Lei Li, who was now lying raggedly on the ground.

This outcome surprised nearly the entire crowd. Nobody expected that the number one younger generation member in QingYang Town would lose to this nobody from the Lin Family.

He actually won

Lin Zhen Tian, who had stood up previously, now slowly sat back on his stone chair. He could not believe this fairy-tale like ending that just occurred.

Yay!

Lin Xia and the rest were also dumbstruck. Moments later, they suddenly rejoiced. All these years, they had been constantly bullied by the younger generation members in the Lei Family. The reason why they could be so smug was because of Lei Li. Now that Lei Li was finally defeated by Lin Dong, they felt extremely joyous.

Third-son, youve raised a wonderful boy Lin Zhen Tian leaned against his chair as he tried to suppress the trembling in his palm, before he turned to speak to Lin Xiao with a smile across his entire face.

To one side, Lin Ken and Lin Mang also gently nodded their heads. At this time, even Lin Mang, who was at loggerheads Lin Xiao, was left speechless after Lin Dongs spectacular accomplishment. He understood how this felt, after all he could never catch up to Lin Xiao.

Lin Xiao also let out a bitter laugh. Recently, he had been busy with matters at the Blazing Manor. Therefore, Lin Dong had been left to his own devices and so the former was not fully aware of the latters true prowess. In fact, todays incident not only shocked Lin Zhen Tian and the rest, but also highly surprised Lin Xiao as well.

The Wonder Gate Seal that Dong-er used seemed different from what we learnt. That power was not something that the incomplete chapter alone can display. Lin Xiao suddenly asked suspiciously as he recalled the tyrannical might of Wonder Gate seal from before. After all, the Lei Familys Dashing Lightning was a genuine Level 4 martial art. Just the incomplete Wonder Gate Seal alone was not enough to contend against it.

Upon hearing this query, Lin Zhen Tian also lightly nodded his head as he furrowed his eyebrows. He did not fully comprehend the reason as well. After all, no matter how hard he tried, he would never have guessed that Lin Dong had improved the martial arts using the Stone Talisman.

While the Lin Family was celebrating, a dreadful atmosphere filled the Lei and Xie Family area. Everyone in the Lei Family was upset after they witnessed this scene. Even Xie Qian could only let out a pained laugh, not daring to talk to them.

This time round, the Lei Family not only lost an important Steel Wood Manor but most importantly, they were outshined by the Lin Family. This would severely affect their reputation and standing.

After the dust settled, the crowd watched attentively as Lin Dongs figure began to appear before their eyes. Right now, the sleeves on both of his arms were shredded due to the previous collision. However, compared to Lei Lis sorry figure, he looked several times better.

You actually managed to defeat Lei Li. Thats incredible! As he saw Lin Dong steadily standing on the ground, nearby, Wu Yun hastily rushed over with a smile on his face.

Lin Dong grinned in reply. Right now, he had almost depleted all the Yuan Energy in his Dan Tian. Even though he had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, it was still too strenuous for him to execute the second chapter of Wonder Gate Seal. Therefore, he was just like an empty shell now and anyone could easily defeat him.

Lin Dong extended his arms and retrieved his Fire Python Tiger cub before he turned to look at the judge nearby.

Seeing Lin Dongs gaze, the judge finally regained his senses. With a complicated expression, he loudly shouted: The winner of this duel is Lin Dong from the Lin Family!

Everyone already saw the results of the duel, therefore none of them were surprised by the verdict. Waves of gasps mixed with secretive whispers started to spread out in the arena. This duel was truly a feast for ones eyes
    Xie Yingyings cheeks constantly twitched as she looked at Lei Li, who had fainted on the ground. Previously, she used to smile sweetly at the latter, but now, the smile on her face has unknowingly died down. After a moment of hesitation, she waved her hands and signaled two Xie Family members to carry Lei Li back to the stands.

Pfft, this woman is a *****. After he saw Xie Yingyings actions, Wu Yuns lips curled up in disdain as he disgruntledly muttered to Lin Dong.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Dong only smiled. He did not care about the relationship between the two of them. Carrying the cub, he stretched his body and likewise leisurely walked towards the stands.

Hey, are you not participating in the Hunt anymore? Wu Yun immediately asked after he saw Lin Dongs actions.

Not participating... Lin Dong waved his hand. Based on his current condition, he could no longer continue on in the Hunt Competition. Besides, after this intense duel, there was no point in participating in the Hunt anymore. After all, he had already defeated the strongest person in this competition.

As Wu Yun helpless looked on, Lin Dong carried the cub back to the Lin Family area. When he returned, everyone in the Lin Family, including Lin Zhen Tian, immediately stood up to gather around him, as if they were protecting something, allowing Lin Dong to very carefully sit back down.

Take a good rest. You dont have to participate in the Hunt Competition anymore. Lin Zhen Tian said, deeply concerned, while waving his large hands and then gently pressing Lin Dong to sit on the chair. He could tell that Lin Dongs current condition was quite awful and he naturally would not allow him to continue fighting. After all, Lin Dong was currently the most precious thing in the entire Lin Family and Lin Zhen Tian could not afford to let any mishap happen to this treasure.

Lin Dong nodded his head in response. To one corner, Lin Xia and the rest also crowded over as they curiously stared at the Fire Python Tiger cub in his arms which had yet to open its eyes.

Hehe, many thanks to the Lei Familys for their donations. Please make sure you hand over the Steel Wood Manor within half a months time. I trust that the Lei Family will keep their word. Am I right, Old Man Lei? Lin Zhen Tian instructed the rest to take care of Lin Dong before he turned around and chuckled as he addressed the Lei Family.

After he heard Lin Zhen Tians chuckle, Lei Baos wrinkled face turned blue. Behind him, a member of the Lei Family shouted back angrily: Lin Zhen Tian. Your Lin Family got lucky this time. Dont get too conceited!

Pa!

Just as that man spoke, the enraged Lei Bao immediately turned and slapped him. Soon after, Lei Bao stood up with a dark look in his eyes. He turned to look at Lei Li, who was being carried over, and his eyes began to twitch uncontrollably.

Leave!

The watchful gaze of the crowd felt like thousands of arrows penetrating Lei Baos back. Ashen faced, he immediately took off and swiftly left the Monster Arena. After witnessing this sight, the rest of the Lei Family could only hurriedly follow.

This time, the Lei Family had finally bitten off more than they could chew!

As he stared at the flustered expressions of the Lei Family members, delight and satisfaction filled the Lin Family bunch. After all, for years, they had been bullied by the Lei Family. However, from now onwards, they could start playing hardball as well...

Congratulations.

With the rest of the Raging Blade Dojo behind him, Luo Cheng walked towards the Lin Family as he respectfully cupped his hands and congratulated Lin Zhen Tian. Then, with an inquisitive look, he turned to Lin Dong as he said admirably: It is truly a blessing that the Lin Family could gain such a treasure.

Upon hearing these words, Lin Zhen Tian also smiled freely as he nodded his head. After a short conversation with Luo Cheng, he also stood up and left the Arena with the rest of the Lin Family. After all, they were no longer interested in the rest of the competition. Now that the heated battle between Lin Dong and Lei Li was over, the rest of the battles were just side-shows. Hardly worth their time.

Even though Lei Family had given up on the Hunt, everyone knew that the main highlight of this show, was the dark-horse that stupefied everybody.

That was the young man called Lin Dong.

WDQK Chapter 49: Martial Arts Genius

Eventually, the QingYang Town Hunt was successfully concluded. Though Lin Dong and Lei Li dropped out, causing the Hunt to lose some of its glamour, most people were still satisfied with this times Hunting Competition. Especially since they managed to witness a grand gamble between the Lei Family and the Lin Family.

As expected, the champion of this Hunt, ultimately came from the Raging Blade Dojo. While the Lei and Xie Families, the traditional powerhouses, did not gain a single benefit from this Hunt. The Lei Family in particular was even more heavily impacted since they lost an important Steel Wood Manor.

As for the Xie Family, even though they were jealous of the Fire Python Tiger cub that Wu Yun obtained, they knew that based on Xie Yingyings current strength, she was still lacking compared to Wu Yun. Furthermore, after the precedent set by the Lei Family, they did not dare to wager any of their valuable possessions to gamble with the Raging Blade Dojo. Therefore, they could only give up on the Fire Python Tiger cub.

Therefore, the ultimate victors of this Hunt were undoubtedly the Lin Family and the Raging Blade Dojo!

In the Lin Family, ever since Lin Zhen Tian and the rest returned from the Monster Arena, news of Lin Dongs impressive victory over Lei Li spread like wildfire. This sensational news caused everyone to be dumbstruck. However, most of them were also filled with pride upon hearing this news. After all, Lin Dongs accomplishment had skyrocketed the status and reputation of the entire Lin Family.

As nightfall approached, the Lin Familys backyard was filled with lights and peals of laughter.

In the large hall, Lin Zhen Tian sat at the center with a wide smile on his face. Seated on his right, were neither Lin Ken nor Lin Xiao, but instead Lin Dong.

With regards to this special seating arrangement, Lin Dong felt somewhat resigned. But because of Lin Zhen Tians insistence, he had no choice but to sit obediently in this prickly position.

At dinner time, everyone ate as they conversed joyously. Lin Dong glanced at Qing Tan, Lin Xia and the rest, who were seated a distance away from him. He could only roll his eyes and silently eat his meal.

Heh heh, Dong-er. After a light chat, Lin Zhen Tian finally turned to look at Lin Dong who was seated beside him. As Lin Dong saw his beaming grandfather, he felt a little uneasy.

Just as Lin Zhen Tian spoke, everyone immediately turned to look at Lin Dong.

After all these years, today was the day where our Lin Family felt the most proud, and it was all thanks to you. Lin Zhen Tian stared at the young man beside him as he softly sighed.

Grandpa, I am part of the Lin Family too. Lin Dong placed his chopstick down, humbly scratching his head as he replied.

Haha, well said Upon hearing these words, Lin Zhen Tian let out a content smile. As he turned to look at Lin Xiao and Lin Mang, he said: I know the two of you have been at loggerheads since young. However, the most important matter for a family, is to stay united. After all, you are both core members of our Family and if we want to become truly formidable, we must not fight among ourselves. If not, the Lin Family will eventually fall. As he spoke, Lin Zhen Tians facial expression turned increasingly stern.

Fathers words are correct.

After he heard Lin Zhen Tians lecture, Lin Xiao respectfully agreed. Sitting beside him, Lin Mang also nodded with a complicated expression on his face.

Its good that you all understand.

Seeing that both of them replied with proper attitudes, Lin Zhen Tian gently nodded his head. Promptly, he turned to Lin Dong and asked him with a wide smile: Dong-er, the last martial art that you used against Lei Li today, should be the Wonder Gate Seal from our Lin Family right?

Here it comes

After hearing these words, Lin Dongs stomach did a somersault. Lin Zhen Tian and the rest had evidently seen some discrepancies in the Wonder Gate Seal that he displayed today. However, he was resigned to his fate. After all, the Wonder Gate Seal was only an incomplete manual comparable to a Level 3 Martial Art, how could it ward off the Lei Familys Level 4 Martial Art Dashing Lightning?

Yes, it was indeed Wonder Gate Seal. Lin Dong braced himself as he replied

Why was the Wonder Gate Seal that you used somewhat different from the Wonder Gate Seal of the Lin Family? Lin Zhen Tian queried suspiciously.

Lin Dong opened and closed his mouth as he contemplated all the possible answers he could give. Immediately, he rejected then all. Finally, he took in a deep breath and said: The Lin Familys Wonder Gate Seal is incomplete I merely slightly improved it

Pa pa pa

After Lin Dong spoke, several chopsticks and bowls fell onto the ground. Even Lin Zhen Tians smiling expression stiffened subconsciously.

Do you mean That you actually improved the Wonder Gate Seal on your own? As he suppressed the raging waves in his heart, Lin Xiao slowly put down his chopsticks as he asked.

Yes.

After he saw the even more fearful expression than that of seeing a ghost on faces of the crowd, Lin Dong once again sighed secretly in his heart. Even though what he said was highly incredulous, he wanted to keep the Stone Talisman a secret.

Gulp.

In the quiet hall, sounds of people suddenly swallowing their saliva echoed out. Improving Martial Arts? Even though there were many Level 1 Martial Arts, their creators were all highly talented Martial Arts practitioners. Furthermore, the Wonder Gate Seal was not a Level 1 Martial Arts, but at the stage of a Level 3 Martial Arts even though it was incomplete!

The ability to improve a Level 3 Martial Arts, was something that perhaps no one else in entire QingYang Town could do. In fact, only experts that had advanced to Yuan Dan Stage possess such qualifications!

However, right now Lin Dong claimed to have improved Wonder Gate Seal! Moreover, he was merely at Earthly Stage Yuan. Most importantly, the current Lin Dong was only fifteen years old!

A fifteen years old youngster, yet able to improve a Level 3 Martial Arts. How fearsome is that?

Logically speaking, Lin Zhen Tian and the rest would definitely dismiss such an incredulous claim. However, after they personally witnessed Lin Dong execute Wonder Gate Seal, they knew that the strength behind it equaled a Level 4 Martial Arts. Therefore, it might actually be plausible that Lin Dong had improved the Wonder Gate Seal.

If this was true, there could only be one logical explanation. As they reached the same conclusion, Lin Zhen Tian, Lin Xiao and the rest immediately exchanged glances as ecstasy bubbled in their eyes.

A Martial Arts Genius!

They had heard that there existed some people that were especially gifted in Martial Arts. These people could easily master any Martial Arts. Therefore, they were called Martial Arts Geniuses.

However, this was clearly a very rare existence. Did Lin Dong truly possess this level of talent for Martial Arts?

When Dong-er was learning martial arts, he could indeed grasp them easily... Lin Xiao murmured to himself as he recalled the times when he tried to teach Lin Dong Penetrating Fist and 8 Desolation Palms. He faintly remembered that the latter was able to comprehend them rapidly.

After hearing those words, the corners of Lin Zhen Tians eyes twitched for a while. With his palm at his chest, he violently gasped a few times. Did a demon-like genius really emerge from their Lin Family?

As he stared at Lin Zhen Tian and the rests reactions, Lin Dong was at a loss. He never expected that they would term him as a Martial Arts Genius. After all, he was able to progress rapidly thanks to a perfect Teacher and his own determination and hard work.

There should be several chapters to the Wonder Gate Seal. The manual in the Lin Family only contains the first chapter. I used half a years time to perfect the second chapter. That was the move that defeated Lei Li. Lin Dong continued.

If Grandpa is interested, I can teach you all the second chapter of Wonder Gate Seal. As for the remaining chapters, it will depend on whether I can continue to improve the Wonder Gate Seal.

At these words, Lin Zhen Tian and the rest dropped their jaws as they stared at the earnest young man before them. A dream-like sensation filled their minds as they realized that the Lin Family now seemed to possess another Level 4 Martial Arts?

As the crowd looked at each other, they found themselves at a complete loss. The consecutive surprises today had caused them to begin to feel somewhat numb...

WDQK Chapter 50: QingYuan Art

After the sensational Hunting Competition ended, QingYang Tan gradually returned to its originally peaceful and quiet days. However, right now there were still many people discussing about the Hunt and most of them were talking about the one who outclassed everyone else, Lin Dong.

Lin Dong was not someone who liked to show off. After the Hunting Competition, he spent most of his days quietly in the Lin Family and only went out occasionally. As such, many people were curious about the person who had replaced Lei Li as the strongest younger generation member in QingYang Town.

In the early morning, a dense mist shrouded the mountains behind the Lin Family estate. Within that dense forest, a series of bang bang sounds suddenly echoed out.

On an open space within the woods, three human shaped wooden posts were situated in a triangular formation on the ground. At the center of the triangle, a deft figure swiftly dodged, retreated and blocked, managing to ward off all the wooden arms on the wooden posts which attacked every part of his body.

The bang bang sound was produced when the wooden arm collided with the humans arm. From each sound, one could vividly feel the deep and powerful strength behind each blow.

Naturally, that human silhouette was Lin Dong. Right now, he was fully focused on the three wooden posts as he moved deftly through them, dodging and ducking. Moments later, his expression turned serious as two of his fingers curled up and immediately attacked the wooden post in front of him.

Bang!

Just as Lin Dongs two fingers made contact with the wooden post, a bright glow exploded from the top his fingers. Instantly, the sturdy wooden post exploded as wood shrapnels flew out in every direction.

Bang bang!

Then, Lin Dong extended one finger from each hand towards the two remaining wooden posts. Immediately, both of them exploded as well, causing the ground to be littered with wood bits.

The strength of Chun Yuan Finger is truly fearsome!

Witnessing the destructive potential of his fingers, Lin Dong could not help but nod in satisfaction. This Chun Yuan Finger was the only Level 4 Martial Arts in the Lin Family. After Lin Zhen Tian and the rest tagged Lin Dong as a Martial Arts Genius, they immediately shoved the manual into Lin Dongs face.

Of course, since Lin Dong had the aid of the Mysterious Stone Talisman, he could easily learn this Chun Yuan Finger. Furthermore, this martial art was not as complex as Wonder Gate Seal. Therefore, after a few days of hard work, Lin Dong had already become quite decent in it. And now, after a months time, Lin Dong had mastered it till he could easily execute it at any time. Of course, that was provided that he had sufficient Yuan Power in his body.

As he finished another part of his training regime, Lin Dong wiped off his sweat as he sat down on a rock nearby. With a serious expression on his face, he then proceeded to take out a yellowish old manual from a pocket in his clothes.

This old manual was the Secret Arts that was personally kept by Lin Zhen Tian. Yesterday, Lin Dong finally managed to obtain it from his grandfather. Even though it was only a 3rd Tier Secret Arts, if he successfully learnt it, it would still be highly beneficial for him.

Within this month, Lin Dong had also gained a better understanding of Secret Arts.

Basically, Secret Arts was actually a unique method to direct and refine Yuan Power. For example, their Lin Familys QingYuan Art was able to unlock 4 hidden channels within ones body. These four channels were directly connected to ones skin. Therefore, after one learns QingYuan Art, they can use activate the Art to unlock these four inner channels and absorb the Yuan Power from between Heaven and Earth. As such, compared to other practitioners who can only absorb from breathing, one would be able to absorb Yuan Power more rapidly.

It is said that 1st Tier Secret Arts are able to unlock tens of hidden channels. In fact, some even more mysterious Secret Arts will teach a unique method to create a constant suction force below ones skin. Such that even when one is not in a state of training, one would be able to constantly absorb Yuan Power from between Heaven and Earth, thereby tempering the body and enriching ones Dan Tian.

Of course, Lin Dong would love to get his hands on those kinds of Secret Arts. However, those manuals were extremely rare and valuable. In fact, even a 3rd Tier Secret Art was a pretty valuable item and most people from ordinary families could never hope to learn these Secret Arts.

Even though he only needed to unlock four channels, this was not an easy feat to accomplish. After all, the human body is a highly complex and filled with many inner channels and numerous mysteries. Most of these inner channels were closed off, and if one wishes to open them, it was not going to be a walk in the park.

Based on Lin Dongs knowledge, he knew that when Lin Zhen Tian was practising this QingYuan Art, he took half a years time before he successfully unlocked all four of his inner channels, whereas Lin Xiao, took three months.

As Lin Dong slowly read through that yellowish manual, he burned every word into his mind. Secret Arts and Martial Arts are two different things. If one fails to master a Martial Art, he can easily give up. However, if one makes a mistake when he attempts to learn Secret Arts, even a small error may cause one to lie in bed for several days, while a major error could cause ones inner channels to rupture. Therefore, extreme caution must be exercised when one attempts to learn Secret Arts.

As such, even though the book had only ten over pages, Lin Dong took more than an hour to read through it. Finally, he withdrew his gaze and mulled over what he had learnt. Written on the book were numerous detailed descriptions and guidelines. If he followed them closely, it would save him a lot of time.

Hmm, I wonder if the Mysterious Stone Talisman will help me out when I learn Secret Arts?

As Lin Dong gently stroked the Secret Arts Manual, his eyes flashed as he suddenly remembered his perfect mentor.

At this thought, Lin Dong smiled gently. He unhurriedly shut both of his eyes as he entered into the Spiritual Domain.

Right now, this Spiritual Domain seemed to be brighter than before. The number of glowing figures had also increased to four. They were executing Penetrating Fist, 8 Desolation Palm, Wonder Gate Seal and Chun Yuan Finger.

After entering, the space behind the fourth glowing shadow gradually began to distort. Finally, another glowing shadow appeared. However, this time, the glowing shadow was seated on the ground.

Shortly after this fifth glowing shadow appeared, its body gradually became translucent as numerous glowing lines, resembling a bodys inner channel, began to surface on its body.

When the body became totally transparent, Lin Dong could vividly see a light suddenly emerge amongst the chaotic inner channels. It flowed along one of the inner channels before finally reaching the area just below the surface of the skin.

Upon witnessing this scene, Lin Dong immediately recognized that this was the first inner channel that must be unlocked for QingYuan Art. This teaching method was several times more engaging and enlightening as compared to the explanations on the manual.

After the first inner channel was lit up, three other channels were consecutively lit up. Thanks to the light and its transparent body, the paths of these four inner channels were extremely clear.

After Lin Dong had committed the paths for these four inner channels to heart, he silently nodded his head. However, just as he was about to leave the Spiritual Domain, he suddenly spotted another inner channel light up and successfully connect to a point on the skin.

The fifth channel!

Lin Dong pupils slightly shrunk as he looked at the path of that fifth inner channel. Looks like not only was this Mysterious Stone Talisman able to perfect Martial Arts, it was also able to perfect Secret Arts!

With this discovery, Lin Dong once again returned to his calm self as he kept his eyes peeled on the glowing shadow. He was curious to find out how many additional inner channels the glowing shadow could unlock.

Under Lin Dongs steady gaze, minutes after the fifth channel lit up, another two other inner channels lit up in succession!

Seven inner channels!

As he stared at the twinkling paths of the seven inner channels, Lin Dong involuntarily gasped. This would nearly double the strength of QingYuan Art!

This Mysterious Stone Talisman was truly made by the gods!

Chapter 51: Xiao Yan

In the misty forest, Lin Dongs tightly shut eyes gradually opened. On his face, some traces of delight lingered. After the improvement done by the glowing shadow, the number of inner channel paths from QingYun Arts had increased from four to seven, effectively doubling its effectiveness.

Huff

A white breath of air formed as Lin Dong forcefully exhaled. Soon after, he took out a bottle from within his clothes and poured out two fiery-red Elixir Pills. These two pills were refined from a Grade 3 Elixir, Blaze Fruit. During this month, Lin Dong had secretly went to barter the Stone Talisman Ling Liquid to obtain more elixirs. After all, now that he had advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, he knew that he needed a large quantity of Elixir Pills to increase his training speed.

Lin Dong popped the two Elixir Pills into his mouth but did not swallow them immediately. Instead, he closed his eyes and with a thought, a surge of deep blue Yuan Power gushed out from his Dan Tian. The Yuan Power first circled inside his body before it entered into an unexplored hidden inner channel.

This hidden inner channel was the first channel that must be opened when one trains in QingYuan Arts. After the glowing shadow had vividly displayed the route taken previously, Lin Dong was now able to rapidly uncover this hidden inner channel within his body.

As the Yuan Power attempted to flow through this inner channel, it immediately encountered a massive resistance. After all, this hidden channel had never been unlocked before, it was akin to paving a new path through the mountains. An exceedingly difficult task.

Against this resistance, the Yuan power was only able to unlock a small segment of the inner channel before it was used up. However, Lin Dong quickly followed up with another wave of Yuan Power. Just like a hard working labourer, tirelessly hacking away...

Wave upon wave of Yuan Power slowly chipped at the blocked inner channel. Half an hour later, the Yuan Power in Lin Dongs Dan Tian had almost been depleted, however, he had only managed to unblock approximately one-tenth of the channel. Only now did Lin Dong finally understand just how difficult it was to open a channel.

Furthermore, this was only the first inner channel. Subsequent channels would be successively challenging. It was little wonder that even Lin Xiao required three months to fully unlock all four channels.

Gulp!

Feeling that the Yuan Power in his Dan Tian was almost depleted, Lin Dong swallowed the two Elixir Pills inside his mouth. As they entered his body through his throat, a stream of pure medicinal power began to spread out before it was slowly absorbed into his Dan Tian. Following which, the dried up feeling in his Dan Tian gradually faded.

As Yuan Power once again flowed in his body, Lin Dong also continued working to unlock the inner channel.

Unblocking an inner channel was not something that could be accomplished in a day. However, since Lin Dong was blessed with plenty of resources, this was not a problem for him. After replenishing his Dan Tian using Elixir Pills six times, the first inner channel was finally fully unblocked by Lin Dong!

As that inner channel was finally unlocked, Lin Dong abruptly felt more sensitive towards the Yuan Power that flowed through Heaven and Earth. At the skin area where the inner channel lead to, he could also faintly feel a tiny suction force there, absorbing the Yuan Power from Heaven and Earth. The absorbed Yuan Power circulated in his body before gushing into his Dan Tian.

Sensing his bodys increased Yuan Power absorption rate, a flash of delight surfaced in Lin Dongs eyes. After he had trained in Secret Arts, he could feel an indescribable increase in his power.

Lin Dong cheerfully opened his eyes only to find that nightfall had arrived, at which smacked his lips. Time really flies by while he trained.

He stretched his body and kept the QingYuan Arts manual in his clothes. In a mere day, he had already unlocked the first inner channel. If Lin Zhen Tian and the rest knew about his progress, they would likely be shocked once again. However, Lin Dong did not feel like this was a huge achievement. After all, he had utilized so many Elixir Pills to aid his training. If his progress were not at least at this speed, then something would be wrong.

As he stood up, Lin Dong suddenly whistled towards the deep forest. Minutes later, a fiery-red shadow suddenly emerged from the woods and leapt into Lin Dongs arms.

Thanks to the final rays of the setting sun, the face of the fiery-red shadow was revealed. It was a creature that was about the size of a small dog and its body was colored a fiery-red, as if the beast itself was on fire. From its shape, it seemed like a tiger cub, yet its tail resembled a fire python, giving it an extraordinary and mystical feel.

Lin dong named the creature Xiao Yan. After a month of care, Xiao Yan had grown to an astonishing extent. By Lin Dongs estimations, Xiao Yan at this stage was probably evenly matched against a Tempered Body 5th Layer practitioner.

(Lol..... reminds me of the time when i worked on BTTH xD)

Xiao Yans growth rate had exceeded Lin Zhen Tian and the rests imagination. However, Lin Dong did not think that it was strange because he had been feeding the little fellow with the Stone Talisman Ling Liquid everyday. Sometimes, he even used the Ling Liquid to bathe it. If Lin Zhen Tian and the rest knew about the kind of treatment, they would probably vomit blood.

Xiao Yan allowed Lin Dong to gently and intimately cradle itself in his arms. After all, Lin Dong was the first person that it saw when it opened its eyes for the first time and after this one month of rearing, it had subconsciously regarded Lin Dong as its closest kin.

When Demonic Beasts mature, they become fierce and vicious. However, if one trains them appropriately from when they are young, they would become a most loyal companion.

You greedy little fellow!

Seeing Xiao Yan acting coquettishly, Lin Dong helplessly shook his head. He removed a bottle from his clothes and tipped it over, dripping two drops of Stone Talisman Ling Liquid into Xiao Yans mouth.

After the Stone Talisman Ling Liquid entered its mouth, Xiao Yan stuck out its tongue in satisfaction and excitedly licked Lin Dongs face.

Its time to head home. Thats all you are getting today.

As he kept the bottle, Lin Dong grabbed Xiao Yan and placed it on his shoulder, before he immediately turned and swiftly ran out of the woods. Xiao Yans joyful little squeals rang throughout the forest.

The moon was like a silver plate that hung in the sky, enveloping the ground in cooling light.

Inside her room, Qing Tan lay quietly on her bed with a thin blanket that was unable conceal the curves of a young girl which had gradually grown bountiful and seductive.

Beside the soundly sleeping Qing Tan, a figure sat crosslegged on the ground. Upon closer inspection, one could see that person was Lin Dong. However, right now, he was in no mood to sleep, instead he had a solemn expression on his face as he utilized QingYuan Arts to continuously absorb the Yin Energy from Qing Tans body.

After he advanced to Earthly Yuan Stage, Lin Dong needed a vast amount of Yin Energy. However, he was not interested in the ordinary Yin Energy that existed between Heaven and Earth. Hence, he could only turn to Qing Tan.

After he discussed with Qing Tan, she finally nodded her head, rosy red with embarrassment. Since then, he would wait for Qing Tan to sleep every night before he sat beside her and trained for two hours.

During these two hours, Lin Dong could shamelessly absorb all the Yin Energy that he wanted from Qing Tan

For the first one or two days, Qing Tan felt a little uncomfortable. After all, she was still a girl and it felt unnatural to be sleeping while a boy sat beside her. However, she had complete faith in Lin Dong. Nonetheless, if word of this matter got out, it would still affect her dignity as a girl.

After a few days, she gradually got used to the situation. In fact, she discovered that the Yin Energy within her body that flared up from time to time had tamed down. So, she was better able to enjoy her sleep.

With this benefit, Qing Tan decided not to resist anymore and grant this slightly overbearing request from Lin Dong...

Huff

In that quiet room, Lin Dong deeply exhaled as he gently opened his tightly shut eyes. Feeling a faintly cold sensation emitted from his Dan Tian, he let out a gentle smile. He then very carefully leap off the bed and gazed at the young lady who was gently holding onto Xiao Yan as she slept.

The gentle moonlight poured in from the window and shined on the young girls peaceful and beautiful face. It was truly an extremely moving sight.

After Lin Dong gently adjusted the blanket for Qing Tan, he silently left the room.

Just as Lin Dong exited the room, the smile on the young girls face turned a little sweeter...