Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Paladin 5 《云之凡》 - Zheng Yuan Chang, Elvis Han, Guli Nazha

Quote Originally Posted by luvitsa555 View Post
    Yea the necklace was from his mother. In the latest episode when he is fighting the other guy who wants to marrying NaZa's char, his necklace comes free. The woman watching (daughter of the "chief" of the martial world) sees it and recognises it because she has the sameone/other half. She says the other one belongs to her sister who was the wife of the Demon king - so thats how they found out.

Sorry that was so long winded haha.
    Ahh, I see! Thanks a lot! .

No, I don't mind long explanation since all that I can understand from the conversations are the characters names or some simple words like "Mother", "Don't worry", "Let me go" .. *LOL * . Luckily I could still hear the Demon King's name (Jiang Shi Li) was mentioned several times, so I guessed that people were suspected Jiang Yu Fan (Elvis's character name - I finally remember the names! ) as his son. That's why I wonder how come the lady got half of the necklace.

Btw, love the relationship between J Yu Fan and his bandit family, especially when the old man (fosther father?) hugged him. I hope nothing will happen to them, coz usually, the hero's or heroine's family get murdered somewhere later

Anyone know the rating of Chinese Paladin 5 ? I know that it hasn't finished airing but wonder how the reception compare to Chinese Paladin 1 and Chinese Paladin 3. Thanks

Good news, Chinese Paladin 5 has now been license by Viki. I've also become a mod for the channel.

https://www.viki.com/tv/21864c-chine...s-of-the-world

The recruiting process has begun. Hopefully we'll get enough volunteers for the sub work.

Wish our team luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Good news, Chinese Paladin 5 has now been license by Viki. I've also become a mod for the channel.

The recruiting process has begun. Hopefully we'll get enough volunteers for the sub work.

Wish our team luck!
    That's a good news! Thanks and good luck!
    I hope I can watch the sub too

Does anyone else think that Jiang Shi Li looks quite hot at some angles?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I've noticed since the beginning that he was a quite good looking villain . He is just suitable as Elvis's dad

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I've noticed since the beginning that he was a quite good looking villain . He is just suitable as Elvis's dad
    While you two shared blushes over Elvis's dad, I'm blushing over Gina.

I find it interesting that she plays such a serious Demon hater here, considering her role in Nine Tails Fox she was a kind Demon who wants to prove not all demons are bad. Now she think demons are bad, she's such a hypocrite.

I do think Gina is very good at playing a serious character who doesn't smile much. Her confrontation with Joe is interesting. I hope they hook up later in the series. I need some happy ending.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 06-06-16 at 08:11 PM.

While you two shared blushes over Elvis's dad, I'm blushing over Gina.

I find it interesting that she plays such a serious Demon hater here, considering her role in Nine Tails Fox she was a kind Demon who wants to prove not all demons are bad. Now she think demons are bad, she's such a hypocrite.

I do think Gina is very good at playing a serious character who doesn't smile much. Her confrontation with Joe is interesting. I hope they hook up later in the series. I need some happy ending.
    *LOL*

Have you watched epi 10? There's a lot of Gina there . Actually, I'm confused on which one is the 2nd lady. Is it Gina or the snake girl?

Regarding the ending, now I just remember that CP 1 and 3 both didnt have a happy one *sigh*. Is it a custom for a game-based story to have a sad ending? Sword of Legend also didnt have a happy one. Yes, I also need a happy ending *and for Elvis too!* .

Anyway, the story still revolves on 'funny' and 'small' thing, like Yu Rou's '2nd identity'*or perhaps I just dont understand things *. I cant wait until they free the Dad .

*LOL*

Have you watched epi 10? There's a lot of Gina there . Actually, I'm confused on which one is the 2nd lady. Is it Gina or the snake girl?
    Yes, I have seen up to the latest.

As for 2nd lady, I'm not sure. You're gonna have to ask Joe that. He's in between two girls. lol Lucky man.

Regarding the ending, now I just remember that CP 1 and 3 both didnt have a happy one *sigh*. Is it a custom for a game-based story to have a sad ending? Sword of Legend also didnt have a happy one. Yes, I also need a happy ending *and for Elvis too!* .
    It seems like it. These magic and fantasy base story rarely catch a break.

Anyway, the story still revolves on 'funny' and 'small' thing, like Yu Rou's '2nd identity'*or perhaps I just dont understand things *. I cant wait until they free the Dad .
    The story is definitely taking it's time. While it hasn't move far, I do enjoyed the characters interaction. It makes it not boring. I think it'll be a while before Elvis's dad gets release. There's also the journey aspect. As with all CP. I'm surprise they haven't gone on any journey yet. It's as I've said from the start, this feels more like classic Wuxia than CP.

Bring me more Gina please. Love her in Wuxin, Legend of Qin, Nine Tails Fox, and now this.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 06-06-16 at 10:53 PM.

Yes, I have seen up to the latest.

As for 2nd lady, I'm not sure. You're gonna have to ask Joe that. He's in between two girls. lol Lucky man.
    Elvis is in between 2 girls too, right? But the other girl doesnt seem to have much story to tell. I remember reading somewhere that the 2nd leads in CP usually has more interesting story than the main . Dunno whether it's true or not, but I didnt pay too much attention on CP 1, while I focused more on Wallace-Tang Yan in CP 3.
    It seems like it. These magic and fantasy base story rarely catch a break.

The story is definitely taking it's time. While it hasn't move far, I do enjoyed the characters interaction. It makes it not boring. I think it'll be a while before Elvis's dad gets release. There's also the journey aspect. As with all CP. I'm surprise they haven't gone on any journey yet. It's as I've said from the start, this feels more like classic Wuxia than CP.

Bring me more Gina please. Love her in Wuxin, Legend of Qin, Nine Tails Fox, and now this.
    I always have problems with watching a series, especially the long ones. I usually jump to the exciting parts first, then rewatch from the beginning . I cant do that here though, while I've watched many cool scenes in the trailer *lol*.

Regarding the plot, yeah now I understand why you think the plot is rather different than then regular game-based story. It does feel more 'wuxia'. Now that Gina just showed up, I guess there will be more about her in the upcoming episodes , other than the origin of Yu Rou *good for you then *.

Update: It's been days since I've been in here, but I'm back! And I bring great news!

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of our team at Viki, all 16 episodes of Chinese Paladin 5 that aired so far has now been subbed! I've enjoyed the series so far and I hope others will as well.

To the only two here beside me watching this, charbydis and luna_lucid, how have you both been? Still following CP5 or not? Honestly, I think it's unfair some are hating on this for not having Hu Ge without even giving it a try. While I like Hu Ge and CP3, I actually think this is the best Chinese Paladin so far. I can see its build up being a bit slow to some and it's probably less energetic compared to past Chinese Paladin, but I think the plot and characters are very interesting. The writing is pure Wuxia inspired and the plot development/characterizations are well done too.

Oh, and Gina... This series is just awesome! I'll leave it there.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 06-18-16 at 07:19 AM.

Update: It's been days since I've been in here, but I'm back! And I bring great news!

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of our team at Viki, all 16 episodes of Chinese Paladin 5 that aired so far has now been subbed! I've enjoyed the series so far and I hope others will as well.

To the only two here beside me watching this, charbydis and luna_lucid, how have you both been? Still following CP5 or not? Honestly, I think it's unfair some are hating on this for not having Hu Ge without even giving it a try. While I like Hu Ge and CP3, I actually think this is the best Chinese Paladin so far. I can see its build up being a bit slow to some and it's probably less energetic compared to past Chinese Paladin, but I think the plot and characters are very interesting. The writing is pure Wuxia inspired and the plot development/characterizations are well done too.

I am watching CP5 but slowly. I would rather collate more episodes then watch in one go. I actually had to go back and skim through CP1 quickly to revise the details before continuing.

Regarding not having Hu Ge in this series, I think it would be more weird if he was in it. Hu Ge has matured a lot since CP1 & CP3 and he will look out of place if he takes on teenager roles and he would feel unchallenged as well overshadow the newer stars. And he would look out of place as Yi Pin as he is not old enough. And he if he takes on any other role, then fan will be confused in whether his character is genetically related to Li XiaoYao or not and will affect the understanding of the storyline. I think it is refreshing to have new combinations of artistes take on the roles.

And yes, Gina ! It is a pity that she doesn't get the guy!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hi hi

Wah, all of episodes have been subbed already ?? Thank you for all of the hardworks ! We really appreciate it .

I've watched until epi 16, but without subs. Actually, I've watched 1-2 episodes from viki with eng subs, but last time I checked, there were only few episodes that have been subbed. Knowing what they were saying is indeed better *lol* . Btw, I believe that there are others who also watched this, like luvitsa555.

Do many people hate it because there is no Hu Ge ? I thought that there's only a few of them. Yeah, I also think that's ridiculous. For me, I do wish that the plot becomes more tense and moves to bigger issues, but I have no problems with the characters. Elvis Han is handsome and funny, and he can act. For example : I don't like the fact that the story made Yurou into a fat monster since that sounds too comical, but I actually laughed when I saw her going to punch Elvis because Elvis was yelling in fear because of her . His expression was so funny, hahaha , so I finally accept the fat monster vs Yun Fan. And, did she say that she could die because of her 'disease' ??? Man .. we're hoping for a happy ending here.

Other than him, all of the characters are good. Well, I do think that Xiao Man (the snake girl) looks too child like, so it's kinda strange to watch her pairing up with the mature Long You. Then again, there is also Gina in the triangle love, so it's okay for me.

And yes, Gina ! It is a pity that she doesn't get the guy!
    This is Chinese Paladin, no one ever gets anyone. Hopefully there's some form of happy ending this time around. For once in these game adaptation. Also, I agree on what you said about Hu Ge, he's so mature now, another game adaptation with him just wouldn't work.

I've watched until epi 16, but without subs. Actually, I've watched 1-2 episodes from viki with eng subs, but last time I checked, there were only few episodes that have been subbed. Knowing what they were saying is indeed better *lol* . Btw, I believe that there are others who also watched this, like luvitsa555.
    Right, CP5 is more enjoyable when you understand what they're saying. Sure the same can be said about other series, but this one definitely plays heavily between dialogue. While some series you can feel the excitement through actions, this is not one of those series. As it is slower pace.

I highly recommend you watch it sub.

Also, apologize to luvitsa555 for leaving you out of this. Hi!

For me, I do wish that the plot becomes more tense and moves to bigger issues, but I have no problems with the characters.
    Agree. The plot hasn't gotten anywhere too deep yet, but it is interesting. So far there's no annoying characters, especially all the leads, and that's a very good thing.

I don't like the fact that the story made Yurou into a fat monster since that sounds too comical, but I actually laughed when I saw her going to punch Elvis because Elvis was yelling in fear because of her .
    Oh that part where she raised her fist at him. That was brilliant. lol I love it! I think big Yurou is fun and adorable. It adds a different contrast to her more well manner self.

I finally accept the fat monster vs Yun Fan. And, did she say that she could die because of her 'disease' ??? Man .. we're hoping for a happy ending here.
    It did look like they were hinting at a sad ending there. But let's hope it's the complete opposite.

all of the characters are good. Well, I do think that Xiao Man (the snake girl) looks too child like, so it's kinda strange to watch her pairing up with the mature Long You. Then again, there is also Gina in the triangle love, so it's okay for me.
    I think I'm gonna enjoy their love triangle. Long You is a pretty cool character. Xiao Man has a bright personality. And Gina is just simply too cool. I love her cold and serious act. Always ready to draw some blood. I can't wait til she falls in love.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 06-19-16 at 04:16 PM.

It was too hard to properly quote people so i'm just gonna mass reply haha

No probs for leaving me out! I'm more than happy to just read all the forums and chip in when there's some confusion as I can understand Chinese so can help out here and there for translations and lost meanings.

I agree with you guys that Hu Ge wouldn't fit in into these series anymore due to his maturity. I have to admit i wasnt that keen on a CP without Hu Ge but after watching Elvis in WuXin, I was sold I do really enjoy him as the main lead and the good choice in supporting characters are helping too!

Have to admit there are some parts I'm skipping forward like the long parts between CaiWei (the girl at the village thing) and Elvis but that's prob because I'm not that interested in that "love" story.

And please guys, its a Chinese Paladin story...let's be honest, the main never gets a happy ending

I am up to ep 15 now. I can't believe they dragged out the Sword Spirit and Lin Weiyang story for 3 episodes. It was quite dragging and unnecessarily long for me, but I guess it acted as an insight into the growing dilemma between Tang Yurou and Jiang Yifan. However, I didn't like the girl and I thought it was pity not to have Han Dong and Ye Qing reuinite after BBJX since Han Dong is not under Tangren management and the chances are slim.

Does that mean that Huangfu Zhuo will be super strong now?

Sometimes I do feel that the storyline does deviate into the romance more than the action, but it seems that we are delving more into the darker bits of the story now. And that Jiang Shili actually has some control in the human world despite his imprisonment. I actually quite like the Jingtian Sect evil dudes now after seeing Madam Shangguan.

Surprisingly, I still prefer Ning Yin and Long You over Long You and Xiao Man even though the latter couple are the 2nd lead couple. The actress who plays Xiao Man is still underaged (age 16 or 17) but she does look very young and childish, in comparison to Liu Yifei who was around the same age when she did CP1 and ROCH, but she did act mature so it wasn't so bad.

And to you all, do you find Ning Yin better looking or Ning Bo better looking? I finds Ning Yin quite nice with her simple plain hairstyle but her clothes remind me of armour. I prefer Ning Bo's feminine look.

And also, who is the most powerful Nuwa Descendent at this teenage age? I seem to find Zhao Linger was more powerful once her powers were awakened but then Xiaoman seems to be more trained and independent than the other girls, however, her powers seem variable. Qing Er also knew of her powers early but she didn't fight then so I don't know how to compare. Zixuan was pretty much weak at that age.

Elvis is a quite likeable guy. he is handsome but I dislike the messy hairstyle. I hope he gets to show off his muscles here.
    Cyril Connolly

I like the acting who played Xiao Man. i like the scene where she and Yun Fan trapped in the underground and fortunately meet LY and they hurriedly hold LY's arm so they can teleport with him LOL. I never saw the actress in drama before. I search her name and read that she was the girl who spin for 4 hours non stop in lunar year celebration. Or probably i read it wrong and it's different girl LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    I like the acting who played Xiao Man. i like the scene where she and Yun Fan trapped in the underground and fortunately meet LY and they hurriedly hold LY's arm so they can teleport with him LOL. I never saw the actress in drama before. I search her name and read that she was the girl who spin for 4 hours non stop in lunar year celebration. Or probably i read it wrong and it's different girl LOL
    Her name is Xiao Cai Qi and she was the spinning girl. She was in that fox spirit drama. Her aunt is Yang Liping, who played Mei Chaofeng in the LOCH with Zhou Xun. She is quite new and Tangren seems to be promoting her along with Elvis and Gina. I wonder if Chen Yao will be in CP5, she was quite good in "Wuxin".
    Cyril Connolly

I found this test to see which CP5 character you would most likely be.

http://www.huobaoniao.com/item/7353076882.html?u=4039611568&c=tbyf&a

I got !

I'm currently in ep 7 and really enjoying this show. I never finished CP1 or CP3, so we'll see if I can finish this lol. The dialogues are really cracking me up. I love the scene when YF and XM were trapped in the cave and YF was imitating XM's crying. YF's godfather is so endearing and so nice to his son. Nazha is soooo pretty, and so much better than when I watched her in XuanYuan sword.

I feel like not a lot of ppl like XM or her pairing with LY, but I'm really looking forward to their scenes together. I really want to see how he warms up to her. XM is just so freaking adorable, and although she looks going I feel like it fits her character well and it balances out LY's maturity. It's interesting how we think she's too young for this role but the actress fits the actual character age... It kinda puts things into perspective regarding how young these characters are. Does anyone know how LY and XM will end up? I'm suspecting a sad ending...