Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Chinese Paladin 5 《云之凡》 - Zheng Yuan Chang, Elvis Han, Guli Nazha

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I binge watched this show and did a lot of fast forwarding. I'm not very convinced by the LY and XM relationship actually. I wonder if people just like them together because she's so little and he's so tall? LOL For some reason, Joe Cheng's eyes and expressions seem a little off in this series...I can't quite put my finger on it. Sometimes, he just looks sleepy. Perhaps, the relationship seems more restrained because the XM character and the actress is so young and looks kiddish. The actress is old enough to have an onscreen romance, but would be better matched with someone who looked and felt like her peer. I felt that Joe and Gina had sizzling chemistry with one another---Gina's character grew quite a bit and I enjoyed seeing her again on screen.

My favorite character was giant Yu Ruo---she was so much cuter (lol) than normal sized Yu Ruo.
    I would admit that's me, tall joe and little xm, reminds me of Ariel Lin, he is forever stuck with cute short girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyleriel View Post
    One of my favourite quote in this drama were said by Xm "If you truly love a person, you wouldn't ask for anything in return" and this quote is really the answer to why I'm more drawn to Xm/Ly rather than Ly/Ly.
    I remember that line---well, not really, I just remember that people in the forum said it and then I saw it and so I remember it. What I am saying is, I just wasn't impressed by it, especially when it was being said in a tone-deaf manner to Ling Yin---granted, Xiao Man is a kid.

Ling Yin spent a long time misdirecting her feelings and being lonely because of her sister's loss. It's understandable that she would demand an answer from Long You---that guy led her on by exploiting her most vulnerable wounds. In my opinion, simply pointing out Ling Yin's demands for an answer and affection doesn't recognize that she's not wrong to want either of those things----yeah, he should of felt guilty! He shoulda taken responsibility for his actions! He can take responsibility for the ENTIRE DEMON KINGDOM, so he can take responsibility for one woman. HAH!

Now that I read again what I wrote, I think I don't like that Long You character very much hahahaha if you gonna be bad, you needa be ready to accept the consequences bruh---good thing Ling Yin wised up later---well rather, she sorta just withdrew her feelings into herself since she realized that LY and XM already had a thing before her.

Actually, I felt that Joe Cheng had the deepest relationship with Elvis Han---now this relationship was super bromantic and profound, with all the twist and turns of misunderstandings. Now that I think of it some more, I probably didn't like this series that much if my favorite character was Giant Yu Ruo.
    I like me.

I remember that line---well, not really, I just remember that people in the forum said it and then I saw it and so I remember it. What I am saying is, I just wasn't impressed by it, especially when it was being said in a tone-deaf manner to Ling Yin---granted, Xiao Man is a kid.

Ling Yin spent a long time misdirecting her feelings and being lonely because of her sister's loss. It's understandable that she would demand an answer from Long You---that guy led her on by exploiting her most vulnerable wounds. In my opinion, simply pointing out Ling Yin's demands for an answer and affection doesn't recognize that she's not wrong to want either of those things----yeah, he should of felt guilty! He shoulda taken responsibility for his actions! He can take responsibility for the ENTIRE DEMON KINGDOM, so he can take responsibility for one woman. HAH!

Now that I read again what I wrote, I think I don't like that Long You character very much hahahaha if you gonna be bad, you needa be ready to accept the consequences bruh---good thing Ling Yin wised up later---well rather, she sorta just withdrew her feelings into herself since she realized that LY and XM already had a thing before her.

Actually, I felt that Joe Cheng had the deepest relationship with Elvis Han---now this relationship was super bromantic and profound, with all the twist and turns of misunderstandings. Now that I think of it some more, I probably didn't like this series that much if my favorite character was Giant Yu Ruo.
    I would said that Xm definitely didn't said the quote in a tone-deaf manner...it was actually fill with anger/protectiveness because Ling Yin injured Long You and out of nowhere ask him if he like her. In Xm's perspective she doesn't know the whole story but her reaction match with the fact that she doesn't know what is going on between them but someone she cares for got hurt so she's angry and protective over that person. It makes sense why Xm would think that Ling Yin doesn't deserves Long You if she hurt him and still expect him to reciprocates her love. This is the ideology behind Xm's simple love and her innocent way of thinking.

I definitely didn't hate ling yin character because in a way i can she where she's coming from. Especially, with the fact that two person (sister and long you) she cares the most wronged her. But i wish the writer would have show she moved on a lot faster than just on the last ep. Because by herself without those two she can also show her worth as a strong female character mentally (because she already hella strong physically) and not just a vulnerable person. Her relationship with long you left me a bad taste mostly because of long you. Even though i like him...he very much deserves it when he got stab by her lol she should have slap him a few times too.

It's undeniable that Long You and Yufan have a very close relationship! Throughout the drama the writer focus on a lot of Long you, yufan and Xiao Man's adventures and relationship. These trio are the highlight of the drama because you can really feel friendship, bromance, romance bond between them. Not to mention they're freakin hilarious together! But i didn't mention this since the earlier post was only talking about Ly/Ly and Xm/Ly. Thought it would be out of topic to mention my fav trio ^_^

Do Chinese people generally LOVE Love stories that has a TONS of misunderstandings? I really DON'T like that, and think that shows like this that overuses this device was horrible because of it.

The senselessness in all that is too ridiculous and stupid!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 08-09-16 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coralie View Post
    I don't know if a better actress would've saved her role. It was so bland. She did really well as giant Yourou, but did so poorly as skinny, sickly, whiny Yourou. So I don't think it's her acting that's necessarily hindering her - just the bad role. So you're right in that she's nothing more than a vase in here, an accessory. And yes when YF gave her an earful about her hypocritical behavior, I was cheering him on. It's not often that male lovesick characters are self-aware of their significant other's flaws and brave enough to point them out. Writers usually let that part drag to infinity.

And maybe it's just me, but I'm getting tired of seeing these Asian halfies onscreen. I used to think they were so gorgeous, but nowadays I think they just look okay, normal, average. Nothing to go crazy about. I much prefer Xiaoman's cute appeal.
    Not Guli Nazha's fault! It's not about a 'better actress'.

Both Yurou and Yunfan are at fault, not just Yurou.

BUT it's obviously the script have problems that have the romance drag out by stupid misunderstandings and immature High School-like attitudes, over and over for dozen of episodes.

Just don't know why they write like that, if that wouldn't be something that fans would like to see?

The writing to make the love story have so much misunderstanding is absurd, glad we agree on this.

Episode 27 was Awesome though, with that nonsense ending.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 08-10-16 at 02:40 AM.

I enjoyed watching this drama. My favorite characters are Yunfan and Xiao Man. What I really like about Yunfan and Xiao Man is that they only like one person throughout the entire drama. Joe's character is complicated at first but I'm glad that he came to realize who he really love at the end. Poor Nazha. She gets a bad script but it's still watchable. I love all the moments she with Elvis's character but my favorites are the ones when she's fatty. The drama overall did well in my opinion and the actors and actresses did a great job.
    Last edited by abyees; 08-13-16 at 03:33 PM.

Yeah...totally poor Nazha! She was getting lots of bashing recently because of CP5, however I feel she was the one who promoted the newer actors in this drama in the first place. I really think most people was interested in CP5 at first because of her since she was more well known (besides Joe, who I didn't really recognized at first glance).
    I guess to compensate her illogical character for another long CP drama, she gets to be interesting with a fat suit, but everybody complained in the end about loving her in a fat suit but hates her beautiful form. Both are just her, it's kind of sad she's compared to nobody but herself and the uglier version of herself. It's quite unfair. Totally agree it's both her and YF fault for the highschool drama, and.... I don't think it was all that bad, we are dramas watcher and expect there to be dramas in a drama... In the very least, there was time when it ended sweetly with YF accepting her being fat, and he just forgive her out of nowhere when figuring out she was the fatty, that was so cute and worth the stupid twist already.

I am just glad at episode 27 and on, the High School drama was over.

18 episodes of Yurou/YF nice to each other... and the ending is interesting. She is
    click to show/hide spoilers
    NOT DEAD!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 08-13-16 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Yeah...totally poor Nazha! She was getting lots of bashing recently because of CP5, however I feel she was the one who promoted the newer actors in this drama in the first place. I really think most people was interested in CP5 at first because of her since she was more well known (besides Joe, who I didn't really recognized at first glance).
    I guess to compensate her illogical character for another long CP drama, she gets to be interesting with a fat suit, but everybody complained in the end about loving her in a fat suit but hates her beautiful form. Both are just her, it's kind of sad she's compared to nobody but herself and the uglier version of herself. It's quite unfair. Totally agree it's both her and YF fault for the highschool drama, and.... I don't think it was all that bad, we are dramas watcher and expect there to be dramas in a drama... In the very least, there was time when it ended sweetly with YF accepting her being fat, and he just forgive her out of nowhere when figuring out she was the fatty, that was so cute and worth the stupid twist already.
    I honestly didn't get the feel that she was the one that promoted the new actors because CP5 itself already got a lot of anticipation from the game itself...beside Joe the veteran...for those who follow Chinese drama regularly we already got explorer to Yufan in Monster Killer, Gina in Monster Killer/Legend of Qin/The Legend of Nine Tail Fox, and Xiao Man in The Legend of Nine Tails Fox. They are newcomers but the work they had been in would put them as 'new but doesn't need the more known one to promote them.' Just my personal opinion.

I didn't think it was unfair that both of her character got compared. As viewers we're suppose to look at how the character is executed and both of her characters are quite different. Her prettier version definitely got screwed up by the writer...while the chubby version is suppose to be what she is like if she was more open. The writer try to write her character as someone who learn to let go and live life to the fullest by showing the contrast between her fake self (pretty) vs real self (chubby) but clearly the writers fail. Now if people were blindly hating on her and are just trying to use CP5 as an excuse to hate her that would be a different story but i think majority of the viewers were hating on her poorly written character not who she is as an actress.

Guli Nazha should definitely get more diverse roles. Maybe have her as a highly skilled martial artist, a cop, or whatever tough role.

We only see her in romance/gentle roles, one have to wonder if that's all she is good at.

Guli Nazha was really good in that show God of War with Lin Geng Xin. I fast forwarded through that show (I didn't care bout main OTP) just to watch her parts lol.

I like Joe Cheng but his sad/crying face looks awkward to me. At first, I just thought it wasn't done well here then I watched him in a different movie and he looked just as awkward there too! I realize now that he looks best to me when he plays stoic characters.

The fact that I had to wait 30+ episodes (or something ridiculous like that) for sh*t to be sorted out with main OTP here, I think that served to undermine the other relationships in the show for me...I haven't even watched the last episode. Oh, Elvis Han characters should catch him in Wuxin with Gina, they fell in love quickly and had few misunderstandings between one another...mainly because Gina's character was a simple country girl lol.

I finally finished this drama yesterday! I really enjoyed this drama because of the casting (YF, YR, LY, XM), and of course the strong wuxia vibes with the storyline (since I'm a wuxia fangirl =D).

I like CP5 as much as CP3, and CP5 have a more reasonable storyline than its predecessors.

click to show/hide spoilers

- I like YF and YR, how they supported each other during difficult times in the beginning (forced marriage and identity crisis). YR's blood jade is being used as a plot device to force YF to make a painful decision of having to choose between Dad and YR, but it wasn't well utilized. If they could halve the time YF and YR spent on their cold war (which IMO is not a major plot point), followed by SGY's arc to expose the truth that Fatty is YR, and then spend more time on YF's decision to sacrifice himself for YR after all they have been through, they would have made a much more memorable couple.
    - I like (x100) the comradeship between the trio YF, LY and XM (they are really cute in the BTS as well) and the strong bond between YF and LY. Even after the huge argument between them, LY still goes to YF with his troubles after he found out about Kumu's plot.
    - I can see how LY and XM slowly grew closer to each other, but it seems a bit "forced" with other people dropping hints here and there (or maybe I'm slow). I still cried buckets during their farewell scene though. T.T
    - LY and Lingyin... they have really good chemistry with each other. I was convinced that LY really likes Lingyin up until the point when he tried to reject her.
    - For the ending, it's well and good that they decided to give us hope for YF-YR and LY-XM couples, unlike those in CP1 and CP3, but it just doesn't sound convincing to me that YR might be resurrected. I mean, they sealed Mieshi/Kumu with Nvwa's blood jade so YR have to die since she cannot survive without it... but wait, she did survive after the ritual to free YF's dad (when the blood jade supposedly lost its powers, though it's a temporary measure)? Or do they mean it such that YR may be resurrected if the blood jade recovers its powers because YR's life force is tied the blood jade? O.o;;
    - The CG is not as terrible as rumored, except for the fight between YF's dad and kumu. I liked the final fight and I was even more impressed after watching the BTS.
    - The editing and the lighting of certain scenes is a little weird in this drama. It just doesn't flow well at certain parts.

Guli Nazha was really good in that show God of War with Lin Geng Xin. I fast forwarded through that show (I didn't care bout main OTP) just to watch her parts lol.

I like Joe Cheng but his sad/crying face looks awkward to me. At first, I just thought it wasn't done well here then I watched him in a different movie and he looked just as awkward there too! I realize now that he looks best to me when he plays stoic characters.

The fact that I had to wait 30+ episodes (or something ridiculous like that) for sh*t to be sorted out with main OTP here, I think that served to undermine the other relationships in the show for me...I haven't even watched the last episode. Oh, Elvis Han characters should catch him in Wuxin with Gina, they fell in love quickly and had few misunderstandings between one another...mainly because Gina's character was a simple country girl lol.
    I also love Jia Qing in that! She is adorable!!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 10-13-16 at 02:45 AM.

Hey guys, I'd really like your help in finding the name to some songs, however it's background music.

I'd say its whenever there's a happy go lucky time between yu rou and yun fan
    https://youtu.be/KTyFfF5x7Zk?t=2230 starting from here, you can hear it.
    Also there's this song
    https://youtu.be/lzz_PhZCCxE?t=855

https://youtu.be/sOJvuvPaVB4?t=1201 and finally this one.

In previous versions of Chinese paladin, the instrumental songs were released as well, but not for 5.