Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Disguiser 《伪装者》 - Hu Ge, Jin Dong, Wang Kai, Liu Min Tao

Quote Originally Posted by lilyla19 View Post
    And to think that Hu Ge got plenty of chemistry with everyone but his female lead.

:P

All that male-male CP that actually make him pretty annoyed.
    I think that lady looks quite nice in this dress. However, I prefer that lady that plays Man Li. She's really cute dressed up!
    Looking at the way they hold hands in the pic above makes my own wrist throb in phantom pain (yeah I actually have achy, overused wrists

Song Yi (Man Li) is a cutie and I'd like to see more of her in dramas. I find her pretty charismatic on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by janna View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i63.tinypic.com/11ju0ap.jpg')

These two have no chemistry even IRL and holding hands! This pairing is mainly responsible for the Disguiser not going down in my all-time drama hall of fame. I'd rather have no romance at all
    I think I was indifferent to them. They were ok, I guess. For some reason I paid scant attention to the couple. Perhaps I found the pairing somewhat bland?

I'm afraid, for me, Ming Tai's girlfriend kind of faded into the background half the time. The other major characters seemed larger than life compared to her.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaodan4869 View Post
    There's 楼诚 to be responsible for chemistry, who cares about CJY 😒
    The Lou-Cheng pairing stole the show and the limelight, didn't they? I enjoyed the brotherhood between them.

I paid more attention to the conflicted relationship between Ming Lou and Wang Man Chun than Ming Lou and his CJY. I did feel sorry for WMC at times, especially when Ming Jing was going off her at the party in front of all those people. But they were never meant to be. Which brings to question, was WMC initially sadistically crazy inside from the beginning but that trait laid dormant, or was it something that she adapted later on after Ming Lou left and the Japanese came?

Anyway, I think that even though Ming Lou cannot accept her, he still loves her a lot all throughout the years and maybe even feels a bit guilty at how she turned out. I seriously doubt that he would marry anyone else and most probably would spend the rest of his life with Ming Cheng instead.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Which brings to question, was WMC initially sadistically crazy inside from the beginning but that trait laid dormant, or was it something that she adapted later on after Ming Lou left and the Japanese came?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    She was; Back when she was 16, which I think is ~8 years ago, she was sweet, innocent and warm.
    Ming Jing forced WMC & Ming Lou apart because WMC's father tried to kill Ming Jing & Ming Lou when they were younger (that was when Ming Tai's mother died to save them).

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I did feel sorry for WMC at times, especially when Ming Jing was going off her at the party in front of all those people.
    Oh yes, that scene.
    I was quite flabbergasted at Ming Jing creating such a scene at what appeared to be a business function. And then, after she'd left (swept out magnificently, no less), Ming Lou and Manchun's uncle gave a few lines of explanation and everyone seemed to react as though it was the most natural thing in the world for your sister to come bursting in in the midst of a business reception and hurl insults left, right, and centre and slap you, simply because her temper wasn't quite good and that the role of an elder sister is equivalent to that of a mother.

I enjoyed that scene though. I found it baffling, appalling, amusing and utterly entertaining at the same time.

I think I only started feeling sorry for Manchun at the nightclub. She looked demurely happy when she heard Ming Tai introducing her as his future sister-in-law. Also, it seemed even Ming Tai knew she carried a torch for Ming Lou and was using that to manipulate her, just like Ming Lou. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    Oh yes, that scene.
    I was quite flabbergasted at Ming Jing creating such a scene at what appeared to be a business function. And then, after she'd left (swept out magnificently, no less), Ming Lou and Manchun's uncle gave a few lines of explanation and everyone seemed to react as though it was the most natural thing in the world for your sister to come bursting in in the midst of a business reception and hurl insults left, right, and centre and slap you, simply because her temper wasn't quite good and that the role of an elder sister is equivalent to that of a mother.

I enjoyed that scene though. I found it baffling, appalling, amusing and utterly entertaining at the same time.

I think I only started feeling sorry for Manchun at the nightclub. She looked demurely happy when she heard Ming Tai introducing her as his future sister-in-law. Also, it seemed even Ming Tai knew she carried a torch for Ming Lou and was using that to manipulate her, just like Ming Lou. Poor thing.
    I find Wang Tian Feng and Wang Man Chun the two most unpredictable characters in the whole series as they are both crazy in their own way. Both only saw their goal and obliterated anything that stopped them in its path. For Wang Tian Feng, it was ultimate victory for the Chinese and for Wang Man Chun, it was Ming Lou.

I truly did very sorry for Man Chun, even though she was evil, cruel and sadistic and what she did to other people as well her country was unforgivable. But she seemed to have reserved the untouched, innocent and hopeful part of her younger self for Ming Lou, which was an interesting contrast to have her looking cold and stern in the office, then see her run happily towards the gates and bound into Ming Lou's arms. All she ever wanted was to marry Ming Lou and when reality hit her that he was using her feelings and betraying her trust along, she lost it because she had lost all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsanity View Post
    She was; Back when she was 16, which I think is ~8 years ago, she was sweet, innocent and warm.
    Ming Jing forced WMC & Ming Lou apart because WMC's father tried to kill Ming Jing & Ming Lou when they were younger (that was when Ming Tai's mother died to save them).
    Yeah, I know.
    I think her ego had been severely damaged back when she was a teenager by Ming Jing's insults and also by Ming Lou's abandonment when he left for Paris, and she wanted to regain some dignity by making the people of Shanghai afraid of her. But she had to have some pre-existing trait that attracted the Japanese to seek her out.
    Last edited by charbydis; 12-22-15 at 07:31 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

What you said reminds me of Lone Wolf character.
    The Japanese sought her out;; she had pre-existing traits of sadism, etc.
    Or it's possible that the Japanese corrupted her, making her feel as though she is useless unless she can hold power.

【暴走看啥片儿第三季】16 《伪装者》拆我楼诚皆狗带!

The advertisement copy writer was awesome!!!

~~~

Deleted scenes released a few days back, newest first :

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2884985/
    ~~~

The BEST Lou/Cheng fanfiction EVER!!!

The Desperate Romanticism 绝望的浪漫主义

http://jiushiyizhangpi.lofter.com/post/1d6a6a45_8435e93

no shipping, no BL/BG, a historical miniature of that special time. very oppressive. super good writing. BE.

Another good one

The Romance of Pessimist 悲观主义者的浪漫

http://sunset-in-forest.lofter.com/p...9db981_946f123

BL, story line based on Ah-Cheng's life. super good writing as well. HE but a little oppressive.
    ~~~

Just started watching this and its pretty amazing.

Seems to have been really popular in China and so far (8 episodes in) its just a superb intrigue/spy drama. Seems to be underrated here.