Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Legend of Mi Yue 《芈月传》 - Sun Li, Liu Tao, Jiang Xin, Ma Su, Alex Fong

【暴走看啥片儿第三季】 18 芈月传 终极绿茶修炼手册

click to show/hide spoilers

~~~

Finished watching 芈八子 cut from <大秦帝国>, starred by Ning Jing. Highly recommend.
    That is the right way to show that legend female in history.
    ~~~

Finally catching on this show. Surprised for such a long series only 4 pages of discussion? Right now I am at ep 41 and I am peeved with the pace but if it goes any faster it means the king will die and I don;t want him to die. I dread the desert people story because that is boring.

Can't hate Mi Shu. Loving Zhang Zi but have a feeling he will die a terrible death.

Mi Yue's transformation is slow but convincing. She is smart but she is also learning politics and art of ruling from her husband. She is passive by choice because she doesn't want to go against her sister. But yes, wished she was more intentionally mean. So far whatever happens, she has no control and no choice.

This is a better show than Legend of Zhen Huan, at least with hotter king, better actors and more on politics even if skipped on battle scenes for budget reasons I am sure. Costume, headgear all nice but not convinced Qin looked that way. Voices all great, very memorable was Jiang Xin's death thus far. Am impressed with all performances but Sun Li is phenomenal. She really looked like she was dying when giving birth.

Quote Originally Posted by funnlim View Post
    Finally catching on this show. Surprised for such a long series only 4 pages of discussion? Right now I am at ep 41 and I am peeved with the pace but if it goes any faster it means the king will die and I don;t want him to die. I dread the desert people story because that is boring.

Can't hate Mi Shu. Loving Zhang Zi but have a feeling he will die a terrible death.

Mi Yue's transformation is slow but convincing. She is smart but she is also learning politics and art of ruling from her husband. She is passive by choice because she doesn't want to go against her sister. But yes, wished she was more intentionally mean. So far whatever happens, she has no control and no choice.

This is a better show than Legend of Zhen Huan, at least with hotter king, better actors and more on politics even if skipped on battle scenes for budget reasons I am sure. Costume, headgear all nice but not convinced Qin looked that way. Voices all great, very memorable was Jiang Xin's death thus far. Am impressed with all performances but Sun Li is phenomenal. She really looked like she was dying when giving birth.
    Hi! I loved the show but wasn't commenting since no one else seemed interested.

I think overall, MYZ has a better balance of young and older actor/actresses whereas ZHZ has a few big names and a lot of newbies. I actually enjoy MYZ more than ZHZ though the latter's suspense and scheming was very very exciting. However, I thought the conflicted sentiments shown in MYZ appealed more to me.

Romance though is a major factor, gets put in the back seat in the face of politics. There are a lot of episodes, but I wasn't bored. I enjoyed the laugh and tears. Even minor characters can have a impact. I cried like hell at Mi Yue's labour scene and Alex Fong was pretty good when compared to his usual performances. I like most characters here, except Wei Yi, who I thought was a miscast and the acting was bad. And I hated Mi Yin because the actress was effective at being annoying. The younger artistes are pretty good and leave a good impression.

I know some people complained about the costumes but I like the colour themes and the makeup is pretty good as well. The Qin costumes should have be similar to what the Han costumes and hairstyles were, but I guess that there was an official tall hairstyles for palace ladies as well as casual everyday hairstyles. Mi Yue's hairstyles was actually pretty much right, but Mi Yue has the over the top hairstyles with accessories, probably to reflect her self-importance to make up for her insecurities.

I enjoyed how they explained the cultural conflicts between the Qin and the YiQu tribes by showing both sides of the story. You really needed to see how the YiQu people viewed the world around them in order to understand the choices they made. Same with the development of Mi Yue in the Chu court which most people complained about being too draggy. You needed to know what Mi Yue found most important in order to make the difficult choices she had to make when trapped between a rock and a hard place.

There is a light surprise in the last 10 minutes of the story, which follows a different interpretation of history to what we have been traditionally taught. This is due to recent archaeological findings done in the last decade which have offered a different account and it is bringing much discussion between experts even now. Even though I may still prefer to believe the version we have been taught, I do find the alternate theory refreshing and it actually makes sense, considering what Mi Yue had to go through in the 81 eps. I was actually quite moved when everything had ended.

MYZ is a great production, but it is not everybody's cup of tea.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly