Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: STAR WARS: EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker? Whoa!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://filament.io/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/keanu_woah.jpg')

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/s...-leaked-script

Btw, this is the reason why I avoided watching Episode VII. STAR WARS just gets weirder and weirder with a new company (Disney) in charge. I don't even know if I want to marathon Episodes VII-IX by the time Episode IX appears on Bluray. Was not impressed by LucasArt's original lightsaber duels, will never be impressed with the Disney versions either...
    Looks interesting. Will watch for the purpose of continuation.

Banned

I've always felt that Yang Guo was the reincarnation of Yang Kang. In Chinese ghost movies, the spirit only attaches to the body at birth, not while in the womb. So, technically in Jin Yong's universe, YK/YG/Zhang Wuji/LHC are the reincarnation of the same spirit. I also highly suspect DFBB to be XLN's reincarnation b/c of the element of platonic love between DFBB and LHC [not that Jin Yong originally wrote it, but the adaptations have made it so]...

As for the Sequel Trilogy, I'm starting to doubt we'll see Disney's version of Zhao Min d/t time constraint. In Ep VII, they made Finn out to be too much like Padme's re-incarnation, seeing how they'll reveal Rey to be Anakin reborn. Regardless, Rey being Disney's version of Zhang Wuji, her being Anakin's spirit in a new body is consistent with Yang Kang being reborn as Wuji, with Yang Guo as the intermediate life lived.
    Last edited by hirobo2; 06-12-16 at 08:46 PM.

Banned

My predictions for STAR WARS:

The franchise will implode after Ep VIII when it is revealed to the audience that Rey is Anakin reborn. A guy from a previous life reborn as a girl. It will cement in ppl's minds Disney is a Mary-Sue-loving feminist-adoring (not that there is anything wrong with it) company. People will talk about it for years...

Anyways, I was not really entertained by the bits I saw of Episode VII. I'd rather not see future works, like DGSD adapted by this company. HSDS is my 2nd least favorite of Jin Yong works and is the basis of the Sequel Trilogy, so I care not that Disney is about to destroy it anyways...

Banned