Thread: Have Mainland China stopped making JinYong TV shows?

Default Have Mainland China stopped making JinYong TV shows?

Thought they'd reboot them every couple of years, have they just stopped completely now?

Huace , the studio that made Duke-Of-Mount-Deer2014 , said they were gonna spend 100million USD to remake about 10 of JinYong classics over the decade.
    It's just a projected sum, they did not secure the whole invested amount yet. May be axed if the viewership is bad.

Demi-Gods, Semi-Devils, Smiling Proud Wanderer was remade in 2013, Duke of Mount Deer, Return of the Condor Heroes in 2014, so those won't be remake in a while. Ode to Gallantry is made, but not yet release. That leaves Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber, Flying Fox, Legend of the Condor Heroes.

So no, I don't think Mainland has stopped making them, they're just waiting for the right time.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-27-16 at 11:08 PM.

In addition to what wuxiarocks wrote, the plan to produced a remake of Legend of the Condor Heroes was already announced. You can read it here http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2015/1...s-casting.html. I think I'm the only one who's quite enthusiastic about it LOL.

Banned

I only interested in ROCH b/c it's the one Star Wars Episodes I-VI was based on. Too bad they had to spoil it in 2014 adaptation. It was awful. 1983 version was good but outdated. And HSDS need no remake, the 2009 version was the best and I don't think it could be beat with fancy CGI. Of course, Yu Zheng should hurry up and get his HSDS adaptation out. Western HSDS already came out in Dec 2015 (Star Wars Episode VII)...

My favorite version of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils is the 1997 one;
    favorite The Legend of the Condor Heroes is the 1994 version;
    favorite The Duke of Mount Deer is the 1998 version;
    favorite The Return of the Condor Heroes is the 1995 version;
    favorite The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber is the 2003 version.

The only good thing I saw from Yu Zheng's productions: Chen Xiao indeed graduated from Central Academy of Drama, he does have pretty good acting skills.
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Demi-Gods, Semi-Devils, Smiling Proud Wanderer was remade in 2013, Duke of Mount Deer, Return of the Condor Heroes in 2014, so those won't be remake in a while. Ode to Gallantry is made, but not yet release. That leaves Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber, Flying Fox, Legend of the Condor Heroes.

So no, I don't think Mainland has stopped making them, they're just waiting for the right time.
    U forgot sword stained with royal blood lol. Ode to gallentry been in production should be out this year.

I really think tangren should do the remakes or try making gu long adaption. They got good action choreography and now their cinematography have improved and their costume design. They just need to budget more on CGI.

I actually don't mind you zheng but he gotta stop miscasting main leads. His action scene are pretty good as well and did have some creative fights in both romance and swordsmen. Just his fight need to be longer.

Really wanted hu ge to play ling hu chong and Yang guo. hope he can be cast as qiao feng if they do remake, 2013 was so draggy and worst fight scenes n cgi to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    U forgot sword stained with royal blood lol.
    Right, forgot about that.

I agree about Tangren having nice productions. It would be interesting to see them do more adaptations of classics. While I'm not too big of a LOCH08 fan, I did enjoyed it for the most part.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-05-16 at 01:32 AM.