Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

Banned

Fat chance DramaFever will license it and sub it in English:

Anybody willing to recap the first 8 episodes already? I don't quite understand everything, it was also a bit boring so I had to skim quite a bit. But I really thought that the master and student were going to fall for each other on that first episode, he looks so young so when she ran to hug him it just looks so wrong.
    He does act alot like a Bai zhi hua, and yang mi acts just like another Hua qian gu, at least the guy with lots of make up and lipstick doesn't act like sha jie jie but took his styling a bit. He's not the main guy right? I want Yang Mi to separate from him forever no matter what, I wouldn't care even if he would die for her or anything, once a dog forever a dog, won't even feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Fat chance DramaFever will license it and sub it in English:
    They've licensed it even before it aired.

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/499...5E8%258A%25B1/

Dramafever not available in my country. Anyone know where I could find the subbed eps please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    Dramafever not available in my country. Anyone know where I could find the subbed eps please?
    They have not put up the episodes yet. When they do, the sub will be uploaded elsewhere.

If you still need help finding the sub ep by then, I can help you.

Thanks. Please post here.

I could not wait so started watching without subs. Only up to Ep4. I think Li Qin is more exciting than Mao Yan. Li Qin .. the actor reminds me of Vincent Chao.

Some background does remind me of The Journey of Flower. Oh well, afterall, same producer.

Did a marathon of the first eight episodes today, and gotta say this has been pretty good. Never watched Hua Gian Gu nor read the novel for this drama, but I did like the teacher-disciple/student storyline.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Too bad that storyline didn't get its chance to develop romantically, as it seems Mao Yan is lowkey affectionate towards Si Yin but I think she may have loved him as a mentor figure anyway.

Crappy CGI has become a staple in Cdramas it seems lol, so not bothered by it. The scenes are beautiful though.

@Ilovewuxia Also find Li Jin more fascinating than Mao Yan!! Was rooting for him too until that happened. But both actors have good chemistry with Yang Mi. Although I no longer root for Li Jin to get the girl I certainly hope he's not a mere plot device, and there's more to come. Probably my favorite performance in this show so far.

I don't know but maybe I'm just too mean, these xianxia...I guess I don't care much about their crappy fightings anymore... but the way people act are just so stiff. At least the pace is 10 times faster compared to Legend of Chusen, but all the actings are very similar. And the plot is a bit better than Journey of flower, there are better focus on everybody else besides just the main lady alone and alone. But everyone talks with no emotion.
    Also, Dilereba is a grown up lady and she does not resemble a little girl, I can tell she was dubbed by someone speaking in a cutesy way and that annoys me very much, very unfortunate for her in here though.

Yang mi was being ridicule by an old man in public and she showed no emotion at all, and then her black snake turned into a dragon and she was not even surprised by one tiny bit. To be consistent, I guess if she learns he took advantage of her by sleeping next to her so many times, she wouldn't care?
    Last edited by Verdiani; 02-05-17 at 11:01 PM.

I am enjoying this drama despite watching non subbed vids. Mark Chao as Ye Hua is growing on me. Many characters involved so wondering how YH-SS relationship will develop including other characters.

Banned

ENG subs not already up on subscene.com. Don't go looking there.

English subs found on dramafever and I could see.

I just started watching this and was unhappy with Yang Mi's top knot from the start lol and her poor poor (2x, yes) posture.

However, her character's dynamic with her seniors and Master is quite endearing. Si Yin as a character is mischievous but not annoying and not stubborn and not overly smart or dumb lol, more importantly not self-righteous in the obnoxious way some "good" sects tend towards. So, she seems quite alright.

The cousin Xuan Nu...is quite odd. Like her obsession with Bai Qian's beauty and of course her traitorous tendencies... don't seem to have compelling motivations at all lol.

I haven't read the book, so I won't compare. In my opinion, the actors and actresses seem quite well-casted.
    Although a younger main female lead actress might fit the role better, but Yang Mi is still quite watchable... but damn that posture...

Also, I can't help thinking about Gao Yuan Yuan whenever I see Mark Chao lol Mainly because... even though Bai Qian is supposed to be the prettiest girl around, I can't help but sigh and think about GYY as Zhou Zhirou in Taiwan's HSDS...damn Alec's ZWJ, in my opinion, must've been the most torn ZWJ of all versions.

And then I feel good because Mo Yuan goes home to GYY.

I'm completely hooked on this drama! I had my doubts about the casting, but I got used to Yang Mi and Mark Chao as the lead characters pretty quickly and I think they've done an awesome job in their roles. They're also very cute together, even in BTS footage (the Croton youtube channel uploads lots of BTS videos) so it's funny to think about them both being married people haha.

As for a younger female lead to play Bai Qian, I honestly think Yang Mi looks really young and the only reason I think of her as being older than 25 is because I've seen her around for such a long time lol. But also, Bai Qian isn't supposed to be a young character. She's quite a bit older than Ye Hua and they even joke about her age. So while her character shouldn't look old physically (and she doesn't imo), I think it's also important to have an actress that act and carry herself in a way that's a bit more mature, especially for later parts of the story.

It's funny because I skimmed the book a pretty long time ago and I've nearly completely forgotten everything about the story. So watching this drama is like remembering and reliving things at the very back of my head.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Banned

Just finished watching the first episode in ENG sub. I had resisted the urge to watch the raws up to now. In general, I liked it. Here are my likes & complaints (that were pretty much changeable by the production team):

- I really hate how to make room for both the drama and movie, they'll purposely degrade the production quality of whatever comes first. They did it with Love O2O where the male lead in the movie was made a gullible idiot compared to the drama that aired later. But you know what, I held the Love O2O movie in higher regard than the drama for this very reason. They will do this too to 3L3W in the form of bad CGI and/or story elements just so ppl could experience a "better" movie version later this summer.

- Fights seem better quality than in Ice Fantasy, but over cinematography feels lacking. I would rate the recent dramas in terms of overall visual technicals like lighting, artistic directions, etc. as follows from best to least (has nothing to do w the story btw). And, this is me watching all of them offline for best HD picture quality: 1. Chinese Paladin 5, 2. Ice Fantasy, and then 3. 3L3W. Why this drama comes last? I believe it to be purposeful technical degradation to make the movie look good as discussed above.

- Ice Fantasy and CP5 both took like 14 episodes to get me hooked. I am already addicted to 3L3W from the first Ep.

So Dragon Heiress you were right, I did like Yang Mi a lot more once she become Bai Qian again. I don't think she looks over mature for the character, I think the youth of the character didn't suit her at her best. I actually feel that there is a gravity to Bai Qian's character that Si Yin didn't have---so kudos to YM. This change came about around the incident of MY and the bell.

Oh man, I'm still getting over that actually. Wow, Mark Chao is really winning me over LOL
    I like me.

I definitely agree that Bai Qian suits Yang Mi more than Si Yin. I think she has the right charisma for Bai Qian, and I think she also does a good job with Su Su's innocence and goodness. Mark Chao is winning me over too haha, my only little complaint about him is...does Ye Hua really have to whisper all the time? But that might just be the voice actor.

I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler because it's kind of in the trailers and credits but
    I think it's funny how all the Youtube comments on the Croton videos are just begging Su Su to hurry up and jump to her death, but like, not in a malicious way. Because she doesn't actually die, she just gets to live her actual life and suffer less. And I totally understand the sentiment because watching her go through all that and just waiting for it to end is kind of excruciating. And I guess that's a major difference from the book, because the book is told from the perspective of Bai Qian after all the stuff as Su Su already happened and she remembers it as her past, so we just hear of it as a horrible backstory. But in the drama, they decided to show it all in "real time". And it probably makes more sense to make a drama like that, but the drawback is that we have to wait for her to go through all of that in "real time" and we're kind of just waiting for the nightmare chapter of her life to be over, if that makes any sense?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

HAH! You make perfect sense...I'm sort of dreading is living through SuSu's life. I'm sorry, I've been here for a long time but I don't actually know how to use spoiler tags...or at least hide them. For me, it's personally because, I'm trying not to relive Hua Qian Gu.

I think it would have been possible to keep the books original timeline and add the perspective of other characters. I skimmed through summaries of the book and the chronology adds an extra nuance too it. I'm not knocking a straightforward form of storytelling or anything. But as we can see, even devoted audiences don't want their hearts broken repeatedly hahaha...
    I like me.

Banned

lol i remember years ago i tried to read lord of the rings all three books. read some of the first. it was boring as hell. so i borrowed the 1970's cartoon version from the library and fast forwarded to the end. so when Peter Jackson released the movies i had bits of my readings from the back of my mind. seeing the PJ movies was like being familiar with the story yet haven't really seen it. it was the best thing i could have done, not having read the books entirely.

anyways, i'm at ep 04. what's this i'm hearing about something happening in ep 09?

Lol... "Su Jin is so bad" is currently trending on Weibo. C-netizens hate her a lot.

???? my guess is the parts where they sabotaged the drama to make the movie to be shown later look good have finally begun to surface...