Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

Banned

Some more correlations to ROCH I left out earlier:

1. Li Mochou intended to steal the Virgin Mantra = Xuan Nu actually stole the tactics (Mo Yuan's) plan from Kunlun mountain
    2. When Su Su woke up and didn't remember who she was = Ou Yangfeng
    3. Big bad = GWM (there's probably some scene where Ye Hua (YG) and Bai Qian (XLN) faced Big bad in the end?!?!)
    4. 2nd Prince of Ghost Tribe who became ruler for 70,000 years... trying to think which ROCH char he based on... I thought of it, but don't remember. Will come back and edit the post once I do... Ah yes, now I remember, he's the rapist who tried to rape XLN... There was only one other char who was infatuated with XLN in ROCH other than YG, and he was that rapist!
    5. King of Heaven = he's either based on Guo Jing or the head of Quanzhen Sect, he has traces of Guo Jing blood b/c he doesn't seem that cunning always needing Dijun to bail him out of complicated situations.
    6. Why does Bai Qian carry/is given Kunlun's legendary fan? Cuz of #2 relation to Ou Yangfeng char, his nephew Mongolian Prince uses a fan as a weapon in ROCH!
    Last edited by hirobo2; 03-21-17 at 12:56 AM.

Yo! HAHAHA! I have observed no such connections and I have finished the series. While this piece may be plagiarized from another author's work, it wasn't Jin Yong.

I did observe that the celestials in this story were mad petttyyyyyyy. I grew up watching series where heavenly beings were forbidden from having romances among one another...but now I see that even the Jade Emperor (?) can have hundreds of concubines. This is definitely a shift for an older person like me. Perhaps, I'm mixing up pantheons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Yo! HAHAHA! I have observed no such connections and I have finished the series. While this piece may be plagiarized from another author's work, it wasn't Jin Yong.

I did observe that the celestials in this story were mad petttyyyyyyy. I grew up watching series where heavenly beings were forbidden from having romances among one another...but now I see that even the Jade Emperor (?) can have hundreds of concubines. This is definitely a shift for an older person like me. Perhaps, I'm mixing up pantheons.
    Even in the minority of one, the truth is still the truth. Actually, make that two. This is a highly respected C-drama blogger, what she wrote:

http://mydramalist.com/article/2017/...peach-blossoms

16. The Romance of the Condor Heroes. Without giving the plot away, some plot similarities between Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and Jin Yong's romance wuxia are uncanny so if you liked this one, then why not give that a try as well. It's a classic.

Keep in mind though, she's a professional writer. I'm going to dis-believe her words over some casual viewer(s) on spcnet.tv?!?!

Y'all can continue to put your heads in the sand or accept these truthful facts:

1. James Cameron's Avatar is Chinese in origin

2. STAR WARS (prequels + original trilogy) derives from LOCH + ROCH, the sequel is being adapted from HSDS

3. Ice Fantasy is what you get when you rip off ROCH + LotR

4. 3L3W is what you get when you put a xianxia twist on ROCH 100%
    Last edited by hirobo2; 03-21-17 at 01:10 AM.

I do not have opinions about #s 1-3 because I did not watch them and it is unclear to me why they are relevant to 3L3W.

The piece that you quoted seems to be pretty much all the reviewer mentioned, but I only skimmed. Also, I'd like to point out that two "truths" does not equal THE TRUTH; it is A truth. You have yours and I have mine. You seem to mention "casual viewers" with some disdain for our opinions, despite that we watched the whole series and you did not. You seem to be judging our opinions as less credible than yours or this other reference that you cite despite not knowing the people you are engaged with on the thread. Do I need to have credentials to have opinions worthy of respect? Perhaps, you felt this way when we did not support your assertions? If so, my apologies, however, make that clear instead of continually throwing out your evidence in tone deaf posts. To be clear, my issue with your posts is your tone and not necessarily the perspective you are supporting.

Using a fan as a weapon is now being held against female writers. What happened to this forum
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Some more correlations to ROCH I left out earlier:

1. Li Mochou intended to steal the Virgin Mantra = Xuan Nu actually stole the tactics (Mo Yuan's) plan from Kunlun mountain
    2. When Su Su woke up and didn't remember who she was = Ou Yangfeng
    3. Big bad = GWM (there's probably some scene where Ye Hua (YG) and Bai Qian (XLN) faced Big bad in the end?!?!)
    4. 2nd Prince of Ghost Tribe who became ruler for 70,000 years... trying to think which ROCH char he based on... I thought of it, but don't remember. Will come back and edit the post once I do... Ah yes, now I remember, he's the rapist who tried to rape XLN... There was only one other char who was infatuated with XLN in ROCH other than YG, and he was that rapist!
    5. King of Heaven = he's either based on Guo Jing or the head of Quanzhen Sect, he has traces of Guo Jing blood b/c he doesn't seem that cunning always needing Dijun to bail him out of complicated situations.
    6. Why does Bai Qian carry/is given Kunlun's legendary fan? Cuz of #2 relation to Ou Yangfeng char, his nephew Mongolian Prince uses a fan as a weapon in ROCH!
    i have watched many versions of ROCH and watched 3 lives, 3 worlds twice...I kinda feel like your parallels are very forced...just because both stories suffer cliche doesn't necessarily mean one inspired the other.

I ate rice today...and I am sure Yang Guo ate rice sometimes in his life
    last year I had some honey...Xiao long Nu likes her honey
    i slept last last night...guo jing slept sometimes
    i have been to an island...Huang Rong came from one
    pretty sure I didn't model my life after ROCH but you be the judge
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Talking Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

小小呵 ---【涼涼】 《三生三世十里桃花 Eternal Love 》

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    i have watched many versions of ROCH and watched 3 lives, 3 worlds twice...I kinda feel like your parallels are very forced...just because both stories suffer cliche doesn't necessarily mean one inspired the other.

Now that's some very logical reasoning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post

Sounds like you did, no? lol

So, I just finished the book...this drama did a good job elaborating on and mirroring from the source material. A lot of the dialogue came directly from the book.
    click to show/hide spoilers

Some things that was changed: more screentime on the side characters in the drama (like 1, 16, LiJing, Xuan Nu, etc), perspective from different characters (the book is mostly 1st person POV of Bai Qian who is a very unreliable narrator bc she's full of shortsightedness and bias), and the boys love aspect (book: Qing Cang tried to marry 9, not adopt him; crown prince of west water king is gay; a lot of ppl thought mo yuan and ye hua are gay bc bai qian posed as a guy). The book actually had more info on bai qian' s other brothers than the drama.

I like the drama more than the book but some of the plot points in the book made more sense and allowed for more depths of character, even if those characters technically had less appearances in the book than drama (Qing Cang, for example). The order of the book is very interesting since we start with SuSu heaven trials then flashback to the KunLun storyline, but I think I like the ordering in the drama more. Additionally, I like how Ye Hua was portrayed in the drama more...Bai Qian is not very observant or insightful(but she's the narrator), so we don't get Ye Hua's emotional undertones and angst in the book...when we do get his perspective in the short stories additions, it felt a bit listy. Mark did a good job portraying Ye Hua (and Mo Yuan)...I felt for him more in the drama.

What both did well: zhe yan and bai zhen relationship...I am amused at the strong hints that was never truly confirmed...the book's hints were stronger but way to go drama for getting thru under the SARFT radar.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 03-29-17 at 07:45 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Everyone needs to watch this summary video of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. It is hilarious!

Talking Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

Yang Mi , Mark Chao

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/L0jAVoO.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/FVLowBB.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/nuFRT2L.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/DuruggU.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/iTDH9hA.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/DtuVlIQ.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/OU8n840.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/YvKvpZ8.gif')