Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

Is anyone else having a hard time telling Xuan Nu and Su Jin apart? I realize that like 28 episodes are out or something but I'm watching it subbed on dramafever...so this is clearly gonna take a while for me.
    I like me.

I've read the novel a while back and watched up to the latest episode on youtube since I don't need subs. The show has been really great so far, better than I expected, but since I know what's going to happened I skipped a fair bit of the recent episodes.

I had doubts about Mark Zhao as Mo Yuan/ Ye Hua when the character designs came out, but he has done a really great job so far, I'm definitely turning into a fan. Also I have to commend the side characters, memorable and endearing even with limited screen time. Overall I'm really looking forward to following the drama to the end, there's 58 episodes, good thing it's showing daily, i don't know what to do if I have to wait for it to air on weekends like some other dramas.

Haha Xuan Nv and Su Jin do look a little similar. Xuan Nv is like a cross between Su Jin and Yang Mi.

I didn't know there would be 58 episodes, but that's good news! I just can't get enough of this drama haha. But tbh I'm pretty relieved that the stuff with Su Su is over and I can't wait for Ye Hua to meet Bai Qian.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I've watched up to episode 6 and I was wondering if it was just me that found the acting stiff, especially from yang mi... her emotion on her face when she got dumped doesn't look like she cares lol

I agree that her acting as Si Yin was a bit weak, but I do think Si Yin legitimately didn't care that much about Li Jing, even at that point she seemed to care more about her Mo Yuan and that was something that Li Jing picked up on.

I'm not quite sure what kind of a performance I would want to see for Si Yin, though. I just feel like Si Yin is such a different character in nature from Bai Qian (and I think Yang Mi's Bai Qian is spot on), but at the same time Si Yin should really just be a male form of the same character. Maybe Yang Mi should have just played Si Yin more like how she played Bai Qian?
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I actually think Yang Mi's portrayal of Bai Qian is a little muted so far since the story of third life just started, what we've seen of Bai Qian is limited to a brief period between first and second lives. So far the maturity of Bai Qian has come across well but not the playfulness, but this would change as the story moves into the third live, which is technically the main story.

Think it would be a bit odd if Yang Mi played Bai Qian and Si Yin the same way, Si Yin was much younger and had not experience much of what Bai Qian did like death of Mo Yuan and Ling Yu, and the betrayal of Li Jing and Xuan Nv. But I do agree Si Yin didn't seem all that hurt by Li Jing, he seemed to be more invested in the relationship than her, but yet he cheated on her with Xuan Nv so easily. It was more understandable why Li Jing cheated in the novel since he thought Si Yin was male, he ultimately can't accept a gay relationship and chose to be with Xuan Nv who looked like the female version of Si Yin.

One thing about the show I'm not liking is the screen time devoted to Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's story, their story is actually told in another novel by the same author.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KoolPerson100 View Post
    I've watched up to episode 6 and I was wondering if it was just me that found the acting stiff, especially from yang mi... her emotion on her face when she got dumped doesn't look like she cares lol
    Not just her acting. I'm trying to finish CP5 along with starting this show. OMG CP5 story is like all over the place, but the scenes look beautiful and each frame looks crisp. This drama on the other hand, each scene looks fake, and the lighting looks off. The only praise I have for it are the foreground characters and beasts CGI, a lot better than most shows. Everything else looks yucky coming from just having seen CP5.

I think Yang Mi can be good but her acting isn't necessarily consistent. She takes on too many fluffy youth roles, which I think don't let her stretch her acting chops very much. I like her best in her more mature understated roles.

As for Li Jing and A'Yin, he was definitely the emotional center of that relationship hahaha even with Ye Hua, it's true. Yang Mi's character just happens to be paired with sensitive intense men, which makes her SEEM less..."profound" in a way. Hey, like one of the characters said ( FJ, quoting somebody else), she can't have that beautiful face and not suffer for it.

It's interesting that her beauty gets dropped here n there but it doesn't seem like the ppl around her are all that enticed or struck by it. Must be because there is not a lack of beauties in their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    I actually think Yang Mi's portrayal of Bai Qian is a little muted so far since the story of third life just started, what we've seen of Bai Qian is limited to a brief period between first and second lives. So far the maturity of Bai Qian has come across well but not the playfulness, but this would change as the story moves into the third live, which is technically the main story.

Think it would be a bit odd if Yang Mi played Bai Qian and Si Yin the same way, Si Yin was much younger and had not experience much of what Bai Qian did like death of Mo Yuan and Ling Yu, and the betrayal of Li Jing and Xuan Nv. But I do agree Si Yin didn't seem all that hurt by Li Jing, he seemed to be more invested in the relationship than her, but yet he cheated on her with Xuan Nv so easily. It was more understandable why Li Jing cheated in the novel since he thought Si Yin was male, he ultimately can't accept a gay relationship and chose to be with Xuan Nv who looked like the female version of Si Yin.

One thing about the show I'm not liking is the screen time devoted to Dong Hua and Feng Jiu's story, their story is actually told in another novel by the same author.
    The show just got a more interesting finally, took all the way to ep 29-30 to spark one thing out of me! Whew! I agree YM could have been more playful, I wanted her funny...seeing her teacher's twin with a kid calling her mommy, she wasn't too surprised or anything. She's like, afraid of looking at him, but that was about it. I was wishing that she would be thinking they're playing a trick on her, and she is a bored soul who decided to push further in pretending to go along with their play, have more fun and just be playful. That kid was cute cute cute!!!
    Don't know the real story but the bai qian and si yin character are almost the same to me. I didn't know Li Jing was like that in the novel, geez I would forgive him if that was really the case!
    Last edited by Verdiani; 02-14-17 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani
    The show just got a more interesting finally, took all the way to ep 29-30 to spark one thing out of me! Whew! I agree YM could have been more playful, I wanted her funny...seeing her teacher's twin with a kid calling her mommy, she wasn't too surprised or anything. She's like, afraid of looking at him, but that was about it. I was wishing that she would be thinking they're playing a trick on her, and she is a bored soul who decided to push further in pretending to go along with their play, have more fun and just be playful.
    Agree Bai Qian's reaction when A'Li called her mummy was pretty much a no reaction. Slightly disappointed with the latest episodes, especially the reunion of Bai Qian and Ye Hua in ep 30. The overall tone was less lighthearted than I expect it to be, from both BQ and YH, it feels a bit too heavy handed. Many of the dialogue was word for word from the novel, but the delivery wasn't great, the humour was definitely missing. I guess it's hard to suddenly be lighthearted when the last few episodes have been on the depressing side.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE
    As for Li Jing and A'Yin, he was definitely the emotional center of that relationship hahaha even with Ye Hua, it's true. Yang Mi's character just happens to be paired with sensitive intense men, which makes her SEEM less..."profound" in a way.
    Yep Bai Qian is definitely paired with intense men in the show, she seems to be on the receiving side of the relationship rather than the one who invests and gives equally. This continues in the later story
    click to show/hide spoilers
    when Ye Hua sought her love while Bai Qian doesn't return it, and Ye Hua suffers for it extensively and thought Bai Qian is still waiting for Mo Yuan to wake up and he's the one she truly loves. But it's kinda payback time for Ye Hua lol, Su Su suffered so much in the second life, it's Ye Hua's turn to be miserable in the third life.

Too disappointed with ep 33 and 34 today, watched the trailer yesterday so excited to see that part about the master's body. BUT! they wasted the entire 2 episodes (2 episodes! I was skimming so much), they were all doing nothing, then they put that interesting part at the very end and it ended there like that, just like the trailer again. Now gotta wait for another day just to see a single interesting scene.
    :P

Can you guys tell me about Ken Chang in here? Who will he be pairing up with? Haven't started this series yet, may give it a try for ken.

^I don't think he's paired with anyone. The two romantic storylines are between Yang Mi and Mark Chao, and Di Li Re Ba and Gao Wei Guang. I would really recommend giving it a try anyway, though! It's a really good story imo, the chemistry is strong, and there's also some funny moments.

By the way, can we talk about how cute Ah Li is? I was worried about Ah Li because in dramas the precocious kids tend to all be kind of...the same. But the kid they found is simply adorable and fits the character perfectly!
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

No official love interest for Ken Chang's character in the drama, but unofficially or rather in the books, it's hinted that Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen are a couple.

I'm really excited about the upcoming episodes, more and more action, can't wait to see Bai Qian showing that she ain't a weak mortal girl anymore.

Banned

C-drama ratings for Feb 2017. Looks like 3L3W being shown on two diff. networks:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qCQOGi7-pcU/WKhGlKG6-WI/AAAAAAAAETY/xaqYYkjrAZgUZgejhy7f3jgoEVf8Qmz9ACLcB/s640/Feb%2B2017.png')

Banned

Btw, it looks to me like my favorite version will be the one that is shown first. For me the Love O2O movie was best, even though the drama that came later had a stronger male lead. I deleted the show from my PC after watching it. For me 3L3W drama will be the keeper. I dislike productions that only look good because the one that came before it was purposely made worse...