Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Three Lives, Three Worlds 《三生三世十里桃花》 - Yang Mi, Mark Chao, Ken Chang

here's a clip I found. I could make out some of the words they're saying with my limited chinese, but it's looks good.
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

YUUUUuuuuckk!!!! Snake????? Hella nah, lol...why not a cute puppy (no fox or wolves too) or something small and cute and innocent. She kissed a snake...I wouldn't even save it in the first place, like who should? They're not supposed to be pets. I wonder what makes her do that?

Love the 2 songs by Zhang Bichen and Yisa Yu!

Might not be a show I will actually watch, but I will play the music over and over!

they released the official trailer. Looks really good, I can't wait to watch it.
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

Anyone have a way to curate music playlist just like these 2 songs of this I like (plus other Zhang Bichen show songs)?

Looking forward to the screening of this drama. Hope it will be subbed in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    Looking forward to the screening of this drama. Hope it will be subbed in English?
    It will be. Dramafever license this already.

Banned

Hmm, this looks like it might be good to watch. I'm currently out of good dramas. Finished Ice Fantasy. Only have a few episodes left of Love O2O.

Btw, I recently bought a cheap Windows + Android dual OS tablet from China. One of the pre-installed apps actually spammed me with this show's advertisement in the notifications panel. Seems like it might be something heavily promoted/popular. There's a movie version of it coming out too...

At first I didn't think that Mark Chao was good looking but as I keep watching trailers over and over again he's starting to look good to me lol. He also kind of looks like a Thai actor called Nadech in some way....

Banned

I love this kind of fantasy show where instead of remaking Jin Yong (or Gu Long), they attempt something bold almost never done before...

Here's the movie version of the show:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/acw_world/Promotional/Show2015/ThreePeachBlossom/Peach%2045.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g427/acw_world/Promotional/Show2015/ThreePeachBlossom/Peach%2046.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qZJBH-BWSxs/V1u2x7GQLSI/AAAAAAAADS0/Fc8DNVoORQk5yQKfUVNOd3kEUfmGZHXtgCLcB/s1600/Three%2BLives%2BMovie%2B5.jpeg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d0/20/c5/d020c5d7f655d2ec50b75cac1cf2a1a5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SV3gwI9OGU8/WFtH43ZP2SI/AAAAAAAAH3U/ybB8eXnVOSg0Vm03O5V_1qLcGt3vmVElQCLcB/s640/Three%2BLives%2BThree%2BWorlds%2BMovie%2B8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1X_5Jvx96n0/WFp39BbKWCI/AAAAAAAAH2s/akGR-BrjxroxFWLk2AHqfEqRYyj6XVlCACEw/s640/Three%2BLives%2BThree%2BWorlds%2BFamily%2B1.jpg')

MyDramaList

Once Upon a Time
    Once Upon a Time (2017)
    Fantasy, Romance

Three hundred years ago, Bai Qian stood on the Zhu Xian Terrace, turned around and jumped off without regret. Ye Hua stood by the bronze mirror to witness with his own eyes her death.

Three hundred years later, in the East Sea Dragon Palace, the two meet unexpectedly. Another lifetime another world, after suffering betrayal Bai Qian no longer feels anything, yet she can't seem to comprehend Ye Hua's actions. Three lives three worlds, her and him, are they fated to love again?

Based on the novel by Tng Qī Gōngzǐ
    Starring: Liu Crystal, Yang Yang, et al.

Release date: 2017

However, I hope it won't turn out to be like the Love O2O movie that felt like a cheap cash grab compared to the TV drama version... (On another note this theme of reincarnation might spur the faster release of my favorite recent show the Ice Fantasy sequel where chars reincarnate in modern times).
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-29-17 at 01:13 PM.

I am surprised Zhang Bichen did not perform any of these outstanding songs during New Years Festival shows. Thought she would, but guess she is busy.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-29-17 at 03:59 PM.

Watched the trailer on youtube and the opening+ending clip of ep1 on Iqiyi
    The fantasy theme of the drama doesn't ring my bell ... it's my personal preference , not against the drama

Banned

So, the show is airing this week. If anyone wants my prediction, it will be a huge hit like the top +1.0 rated shows of January. When you have Alibaba Pictures backing the movie which is indirectly tied to the drama version, it can't be a flop ever:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FqaHdrazwYk/WIrhuIz8SLI/AAAAAAAALio/1AnIJjr-ntwYfoCWjb65rBPsrGUKqlZEACLcB/s640/Ratings%2BJan%2B25%2B2.png')

Anyways, thread with much more active discussions on this series:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/3...%8A%B1/?page=3
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-30-17 at 04:59 PM.

LOVE the music, but I probably will NOT be watching the show after 1-2 episodes.

I could be wrong, but this is probably mostly a romance, without much Wuxia/action.

The first 2 episodes are now posted and I will watch it in a couple hours!

Banned

Just to point out the obvious... But this series isn't wuxia but xianxia. I always love the xianxia genre b/c it I grew up with video games and xianxia is just an extension of it with all the pretty CGI graphics...

BTW, it always amuses me somebody trying to torture themselves watching episodes from a genre they openly declared they didn't like...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-30-17 at 11:39 PM.

I may prefer the drama over the movie. Drama allows the story to build up and gives more detail. You have only two hours to tell the whole story in a movie so the script and screen writer better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Just to point out the obvious... But this series isn't wuxia but xianxia. I always love the xianxia genre b/c it I grew up with video games and xianxia is just an extension of it with all the pretty CGI graphics...

BTW, it always amuses me somebody trying to torture themselves watching episodes from a genre they openly declared they didn't like...
    Depends on which video game you play, I suppose. Some of my favorite video games still involved very much 'contact' fighting.

Some people don't like to pre-judge things, such as TV series, movies or people; give it a chance.

But don't worry, if I don't like this series, then I definitely won't be bothering coming here to complain nonstop.

I will defend a series/show that I love, but I definitely don't assault a series/show I don't like.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-31-17 at 12:42 PM.

Banned

^ Rest assured. I WON'T log onto MyDramaList to give 3 Lives 3 Worlds a low rating only after seeing a few episodes...

BTW, If you like something, just liking it is not enough. It does matter what others think of it. If others can influence your opinion, and cause you to vehemently defend it, it means you really like it in the first place.
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-31-17 at 04:58 PM.

Banned

Anyways, I was surprised 3L3W had such a low production value from this behind the scene clip:

(I probably won't be satisfied with this show's horrendous Chinese scenery alone. Must have more dramas like it... More is better, right?)
    Last edited by hirobo2; 02-01-17 at 12:13 PM.

Banned

Just re-posting stuff from Soompi forums. Another BTS that sucked or isn't cute: