Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Princess Weiyoung 《锦绣未央》 - Tang Yan, Luo Jin, Vanness Wu

I totally agree with you about Gao Yuan Yuan!!!
    The actress for Chang Le is like a little sister of Viann Zhang Xingyu. There is a youtube video showing she had eye surgery...so sad because she looks 10Xs better without that surgery. Being natural is always an unbeatable look! Even too much make up can be annoying. Look at Gao Yuan Yuan and Alyssa Chia (actually, all the beauties included) HDSD, their skin are not super smooth like wax figures, you can see lines on their skin. They look very much like convincing humans!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    I totally agree with you about Gao Yuan Yuan!!!
    The actress for Chang Le is like a little sister of Viann Zhang Xingyu. There is a youtube video showing she had eye surgery...so sad because she looks 10Xs better without that surgery. Being natural is always an unbeatable look! Even too much make up can be annoying. Look at Gao Yuan Yuan and Alyssa Chia (actually, all the beauties included) HDSD, their skin are not super smooth like wax figures, you can see lines on their skin. They look very much like convincing humans!

Exactly thank u for agreeing.

Omg I hate it.. I saw the trailer today and was so mad omg so much hatred and vengeance... idk if I'm up to watch this series tho I am loving it so far in eng sub the latest trailer is breaking my heart

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    Omg I hate it.. I saw the trailer today and was so mad omg so much hatred and vengeance... idk if I'm up to watch this series tho I am loving it so far in eng sub the latest trailer is breaking my heart
    I'm the opposite, I wanted to see more vengeance than jealousy girls, I watched all the way to 39 now (no eng sub), the entire thing totally lack the revenging theme. I'm just watching since the little guy Li Min De is likeable, Tuo Ba Jun is very cute to Wei Yang, and Vaness Wu is in there.
    click to show/hide spoilers

The trailers are tricky but the drama is really based on jealousy girls if you continue on.

I read a little bit about the novel and they made Wei young very weak compare to the novel... she was supposed to be full of revenge and not be sweet and kind and very smart but this Wei young lack the smartness

Loving this series. The next episodes can't come fast enough

I think Chang Le would look better without the stupid looking eye lashes, So far the actress is doing a good job doing her arrogant face. I read on wikipedia that the actress has no acting experience, a producer (I think) say her crossing the street and asked her to be in Jay Chou's rooftop movie.

luving this series..especially Gaoyang Prince! My first time heard about LuoJin and he owned the character!

I've seen him in Scheming of Beauty with Ruby Lin, always thought he was cute, he looks much more handsome here. I like the way he smile!

WHAT did they just announce they are dating????? On weibo???

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    WHAT did they just announce they are dating????? On weibo???
    i think so, finally go public. good to hear tho. Heard they've been rumored for long times and kind of open secret

I was wondering if this series has any connection to nirvana in fire?

In nif Hu ge lin shu weren't they from liang royal blood and have chi yan army?

I truly enjoyed this show. It was actually pretty well paced and I absolutely loved the chemistry between Tang Yan and Luo Jin. I guess the only thing that still remained a mystery is who the son was. I have a feeling it was Chang Ru's and they just raised him. I've seen them do that in other Chinese tv shows like the female prime minister. I mean I thought it was kind of weird for them to mention that Chang ru had the child but then she just dies...unless her pregnancy was a fake.

The main thing the villains could've won was use the chiyan disguiser lady Hong luo, they stopped using her ability after the consort death. They could've use her so many times to frame weiyoung or heck disguise as emperor himself and make prince nan king or have him marry Chang ru.

I'm on ep 50 with Subs so couple ep to go. Chang ru belly doesn't seem to grown so in last couple ep is there going to be huge time skip?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    The main thing the villains could've won was use the chiyan disguiser lady Hong luo, they stopped using her ability after the consort death. They could've use her so many times to frame weiyoung or heck disguise as emperor himself and make prince nan king or have him marry Chang ru.

I'm on ep 50 with Subs so couple ep to go. Chang ru belly doesn't seem to grown so in last couple ep is there going to be huge time skip?
    yeah, movie is just movie. Look at how they killed Li Minde's mom, that was the realistic way of how easy it is to really kill off a person, quick and easy! So why they always take the long routes to kill Wei Young when they hate her more? In reality she would have died a long time ago. All the silly decisions were to make the story longer...
    It's sad that we didn't really want to just watch a drama of having a big evil mommy and spoiled daughter plotting against the main actress, but when they finally stopped, the drama was pretty boring after that too.

I didn't like how TBJ is overly forgiving though, I want him to be extra nice to WY only, but to cry for CYN death...? Tell TBY to surrender and will still be his uncle...? And never really punished Chang Le who killed his mother...? He only gave her some wine at the end, he gave her way too many chances which is why it led to his own death...
    Interesting...I have always assumed the kid was WY, now it seems that there is also a chance it might be CR too. It's prob. a mystery on purpose.

Yea I like the scheming and ploting tv series after watching nirvana in fire ... this show is so similar but later they made weI young smart not smart etc... I wanted her to scheme more for revenge especially how she got tortured by Chang le in lin Manor so many times, nail in her fingers etc... or almost being assassinated in beginning couple of times.

Felt like they could've easily assassinated her using Hong luo disguise her as wei young servant etc....

I like the plot twist tho I really didn't easily expect Chang ru to be evil since ma xiang tong always plays those friendly characters.

It would've been better if it shown tuobu you that he was secretly been protecting wei young after meeting her and getting interest I'm her. ...would made more sense why they stop trying to assassinate her etc...

I just hate how they made wei young weaker whole in first ep she demonstrated some lightness gong fu then later she became damsel etc...shows still very good I think someone mentioned that in novel wei young was more smarter calculative and nice but not as forgiving as the series version.

Any chance of there's going to be sequel? Nirvana in fire getting sequel decades after first series hopefully this one gets one but I want to see more intelligent plot and scheming.

The last two eng subbed episodes are out today, I have a feeling I'm not going to like this ending, it's looking to be f-up already. I haven't read any of the thread just in case of spoilers, I don't know how they are going to tie this up in just two episodes without really messing it up...

Thanks , just finished it does seemed rush but they explained everything pretty well.

I just didn't like how tuoba yu could've deflected, grabbed, hit the sword Chang ru stabbed considering their distance but instead gt stabbed.

I guess he did it to show wei young that he to will die for her probably to get some sympathy points from her.

I guess moral to story is to not be obsessed which could lead to ur own demise. Both Chang ru n le obsessed with person who did not love em and died, tuobu yu and Jun died for sake of girl that only truly loved one of em.

So I too am confused cuz time skip ... so I'm pretty sure the boy is Jun and young kid but what happened to chang ru kid?

How much does this series follow novel?

Yeah finished it last night as well, overall I thought it ended satisfactorily; they were able to get some years together and the secondaries got to be with their pairings so that was good. I had thought it was going to be F'd how episode 52 ended.

They never made any references to Chang Ru's kid so they never tied up that loose end.

As for the novel, I heard it was way different than the TV series.

Great series though, Tang Yan was awesome, I'm a fan, I hope to see her in more historical/wuxia films.

I'm up to episode 16 of this drama. I like the costume so far and I don't think Wei Young is weak or not smart in this drama. I think she's a strong girl for putting her vengeance above her normal romance life.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.