Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chusen 《诛仙青云志》 - Li Yi Feng, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Zi

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Characters Posters! Don't they look awesome
    Sorry for replying twice, but I couldnt edit my post. Just wanna say that I'm more interested in Gui Li (Xiao Fan after crossing to the dark side) than Xiao Fan. He seemed to be more badass.

Love the colours of the costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers

That's why I once said that the story reminded me of XAJH and a bit of HSDS. Zhang Xiao Fan will have development and conflicts which are almost similar with what happened to LHC (perhaps a bit of Guo Jing too). But there are differences, and I found myself guessing which one was similar and which one was not *lol*.

The other difference is XAJH doesnt have a pretty senior martial art sister whom falls in love with you. Then again, Lu Xue Qi doesnt just resemble XLN, but I think she is also looked a bit like Zhao Zhi Ruo of HSDS. She is a favourite student of her master and is considered one of the best talents in the clan .
    The combination of XAJH and HSDS sounds good to me. I love those. Chusen seems very plot driven. Hopefully this adaptation is that way and not romance driven.

Since it's edited by the author it might be good. From the previews/MV, it looks very adventurous.

Also pretty and talented senior martial sister who's a mix of XLN and Zhao Zhi Ruo? Wow. Those two are like the ultimate beauty. Xue Qi is truly the most beautiful girl in the world then.

Who does Xiao Fan/Gui Li end up with? Or do we get a sad ending? Hopefully it'll be happy.

@wuxiarocks, thanks for the character pics. They are so pretty.
    No problem.

Btw, what is the airing date actually? Is it August 2nd or August 8th?
    It's official now to be August 8.

Just wanna say that I'm more interested in Gui Li (Xiao Fan after crossing to the dark side) than Xiao Fan. He seemed to be more badass.

Love the colours of the costumes.
    Don't characters usually become more cool looking when they join the dark side?

Light side is less fun.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-19-16 at 11:52 PM.

i feel less excited after watching the trailer~ I hate it when romance becomes the central focus in wuxia drama such as in Yuzheng's XAJH. That's what the trailer feels like. Maybe i should try reading the novel instead. BTW Yang Zi's acting is on point

Quote Originally Posted by starryblue View Post
    i feel less excited after watching the trailer~ I hate it when romance becomes the central focus in wuxia drama such as in Yuzheng's XAJH. That's what the trailer feels like. Maybe i should try reading the novel instead. BTW Yang Zi's acting is on point
    Really? Interesting. None of the trailers release so far has shown any romance. The first trailer dealt with the mental state of the main character about right and wrong as he narrated dramatically. The second 19 min trailer just sample scenes from the early part of the series. No romance.

I haven't even seen a single hug! lol

[QUOTE=wuxiarocks;1128242]
    The combination of XAJH and HSDS sounds good to me. I love those. Chusen seems very plot driven. Hopefully this adaptation is that way and not romance driven.

Since it's edited by the author it might be good. From the previews/MV, it looks very adventurous.

Also pretty and talented senior martial sister who's a mix of XLN and Zhao Zhi Ruo? Wow. Those two are like the ultimate beauty. Xue Qi is truly the most beautiful girl in the world then.

Who does Xiao Fan/Gui Li end up with? Or do we get a sad ending? Hopefully it'll be happy.

That's why I'm worried if the story will be altered to be romance driven with ZLY as the lead. And I'm also worried that Gui Li's story will be cut short because Biyao should be asleep by then. Well, I havent read the novel until the end, so who know whether the later part is romance driven instead? *lol* . Well, things dont seem to be going that way since the latest part that I've read

Regarding the ending, I heard that :

Xiao Fan married Xiao Qi. They had a son which had his own story in the next Zhu Xian, but people said that the story was not good. I searched the interest and found so little information about it.
    (Someone pls CMIIW).

Don't characters usually become more cool looking when they join the dark side?

Light side is less fun.
    You're right *lol*. And the show really shows this by using contracts colors white and black.

Sorry to post twice again, writing from a mobile phone is hard .
    Just wanna say that I think the author really loves XLN wannabe. He loved to emphasize her beauty and gracefulness with pretty words, even when she was fightin (Sometimes I feel that he was exaggerating *lol*). Well, that's gonna be hard to portray, especially with gorgeous ZLY and Tina. Then again, based on the clips, Yang Zhi seemed to be doing a good job.

Maybe it's because they show the 3 girls? That's what I has been affraid of since the beginning, since I also dont like when romance becomes the central focus in wuxia drama. I wish that the series doesnt forget things such as the mystical weapons, Xiao Fan's training, the relationship between Xiao Fan and his teacher, etc2. Those are the ones that make the story interesting.

Maybe it's because they show the 3 girls? That's what I has been affraid of since the beginning, since I also dont like when romance becomes the central focus in wuxia drama. I wish that the series doesnt forget things such as the mystical weapons, Xiao Fan's training, the relationship between Xiao Fan and his teacher, etc2. Those are the ones that make the story interesting.
    Maybe yeh~ nahh they won't forget all that~ otherwise there will no plot haha...tbh mainland dramas nowadays are not as good as back then with Hu ge~ I miss the old crew T__T

The first part of the book has most of the cliches like other wuxia series, but the second part when Xiao Fan became Gui Li really set it apart and it's also my favorite part of the book. Too bad this drama will mostly focus on the first part hence you see more Xiao Fan here. The second part of the book is said to film later this year that will focus on Gui Li. It's quite a bummer we can't watch the whole thing in one go, but I understand why they did that since this book is very long. Every event is important to push the story along and Gui Li's story took up almost 2/3 of the book. It'd be impossible to fit all the awesomeness into one drama without much cutting and rushing on the plot. Plus Chusen is a guaranteed hit so I figure they would want to milk it every way possible.

To answer your question on who Xiao Fan/ Gui Li ends up with

You know that Chusen has 2 books right? In book 1, it was an open ending. Bi Yao couldn't be saved and her body disappeared. It was unclear whether she died or not but in the author's other books with a few mention of the characters from Chusen 1, he hinted at her revival couple times but never anything solid. Gui Li and Xue Qi met up again some years later and book 1 ended with them just smiling at each other. Onto book 2 of Chusen with the focus now on some other guy and the characters from Chusen 1 only made cameo appearances here and there, we get to see that Xiao Fan and Xue Qi now have already gotten married and had a little boy called Xiao Ding. So yeah Xiao Fan ends up with Xue Qi if you take their story beyond Chusen 1. Now it just depends on which ending the drama producers would want, but i think the chances of XF and XQ's happy ending is high.

Sorry to post twice again, writing from a mobile phone is hard .
    Just wanna say that I think the author really loves XLN wannabe. He loved to emphasize her beauty and gracefulness with pretty words, even when she was fightin (Sometimes I feel that he was exaggerating *lol*). Well, that's gonna be hard to portray, especially with gorgeous ZLY and Tina. Then again, based on the clips, Yang Zhi seemed to be doing a good job.
    Funny how you noticed that he favored Lu Xue Qi, as in fact he created her with his wife in mind. His wife's name is Lu Qi lol.

[QUOTE=Nega Foxツ;1128260]

The first part of the book has most of the cliches like other wuxia series, but the second part when Xiao Fan became Gui Li really set it apart and it's also my favorite part of the book. Too bad this drama will mostly focus on the first part hence you see more Xiao Fan here. The second part of the book is said to film later this year that will focus on Gui Li. It's quite a bummer we can't watch the whole thing in one go, but I understand why they did that since this book is very long. Every event is important to push the story along and Gui Li's story took up almost 2/3 of the book. It'd be impossible to fit all the awesomeness into one drama without much cutting and rushing on the plot. Plus Chusen is a guaranteed hit so I figure they would want to milk it every way possible.

What??? They are going to film Gui Li's parts later ?? Noo, but that's the one that I've been waiting for! I'm not too excited for Xiao Fan's story since I've noticed many many additional parts on Biyao to increase the romance, and I just dont want to spend 40-50 episodes to watch the romance with Xiao Fan going back and forth between the girls. I even suspect that they are going to make a triangle love story between Xiao Fan-Biyao-Jing Yu or Xiao Fan-Xiao Qi-Jing Yu..arrgh please no!
    Grrr..now I dont know what to expect (

Wait, there is Shu Chang in the picture, so they should have reached Gui Li's parts, right?? She is the 1000 years old demon, and she appeared after Xiao Fan became Gui Li .

Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post

Wait a minute!
    Did they confirmed that the series is split with a second half filming this year? Or is this rumor and speculation? The series is set to have 50 episodes total. How long can this book be? 50 episodes is the usual length for most of Jin Yong adaptations. Maybe they manage to fit it all in one go? It's true we don't see much of Gui Li in the trailers, but I've seen plenty stills of him. If the series turn out to be good and they are splitting it, wouldn't people lose their mind? It's almost unprecedented to adapt a series this way. I'm actually pretty scare now if this is the case.

To answer your question on who Xiao Fan/ Gui Li ends up with

You know that Chusen has 2 books right? In book 1, it was an open ending. Bi Yao couldn't be saved and her body disappeared. It was unclear whether she died or not but in the author's other books with a few mention of the characters from Chusen 1, he hinted at her revival couple times but never anything solid. Gui Li and Xue Qi met up again some years later and book 1 ended with them just smiling at each other. Onto book 2 of Chusen with the focus now on some other guy and the characters from Chusen 1 only made cameo appearances here and there, we get to see that Xiao Fan and Xue Qi now have already gotten married and had a little boy called Xiao Ding. So yeah Xiao Fan ends up with Xue Qi if you take their story beyond Chusen 1. Now it just depends on which ending the drama producers would want, but i think the chances of XF and XQ's happy ending is high.
    No, I do not know this has two books. Judging by the way you describe it, book 2 is basically a different story. If the first book ended with a hint of them together, then it's good enough for me. Again, hopefully the adaptation complete the whole thing and not split it.

The thought of having to wait to complete an entire series scare me. Sure American shows does this all the time with seasons, but Chinese series is different. We usually get a completed batch in one run.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. But you gave me a bit of a concern now. lol
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-20-16 at 03:49 AM.

Funny how you noticed that he favored Lu Xue Qi, as in fact he created her with his wife in mind. His wife's name is Lu Qi lol.
    *lol*. I've known that he created the character based on his wife, so I've been suspecting that's the reason he had been praising Lu Xue Qi that high , but I didnt know that he also used her wife's name..Hahahaha . No wonder that Xiao fan was romantic . The author must be a romantic guy

Well, Xue Qi's nick name IS a fairy that can enchant 9 skies (sorry CMIIW), so he wasnt wrong. He praised her everywhere : her fighting scenes were beautiful, even her drawing sword amazed others *lol*.

And I think I saw this in the trailer/clip :

Xue Qi doing the sword dance.

I really want to see how beautiful it is, since the author described her so pretty while doing it. And it's not easy to portray, since Xue Qi was doing it to express her l sadness, love, and all of her repressed feelings toward Xiao Fan. And she even did it in front of him, so how could he forget her?

Wait a minute!
    Did they confirmed that the series is split with a second half filming this year? Or is this rumor and speculation? The series is set to have 50 episodes total. How long can this book be? 50 episodes is the usual length for most of Jin Yong adaptations. Maybe they manage to fit it all in one go? It's true we don't see much of Gui Li in the trailers, but I've seen plenty stills of him. If the series turn out to be good and they are splitting it, wouldn't people lose their mind? It's almost unprecedented to adapt a series this way. I'm actually pretty scare now if this is the case.

No, I do not know this has two books. I've never even read the first book. I only know little bits of it. Judging by the way you describe it, book 2 is almost unnecessary, since it's a different story. If the first book ended with a hint of them together, then it's good enough for me. Again, hopefully the adaptation complete the whole thing and not split it.

The thought of having to wait to complete an entire series scare me. Movie is one thing, but this is not a movie. Sure American shows does this all the time with seasons, but Chinese series is different. We usually get a completed batch in one run.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. But you gave me a bit of a concern now. lol

I hope that the series is not split otherwise I'm going crazy *lol*. There are things that made me thing otherwise, that the series is the whole package :
    - Shu Chang. Like I said, her character should appear after Xiao fan become Gui Li
    - Mao Ji Zhun. I dont think I've heard of his character, which means that he should appear in the part that I havent read . Or perhaps I missed him somewhere??

Maybe yeh~ nahh they won't forget all that~ otherwise there will no plot haha...tbh mainland dramas nowadays are not as good as back then with Hu ge~ I miss the old crew T__T
    Please don't bring negative vibe in here, you're scaring me!

I've been burn by way too many mainland series to be burn again. My body can't handle it. In fact, I haven't watch a single Mainland series that didn't hurt me in some way. Some more than others. I love Wuxia all my life growing up, but I'm damage now. This is like my biggest hope.

I'm not too excited for Xiao Fan's story since I've noticed many many additional parts on Biyao to increase the romance, and I just dont want to spend 40-50 episodes to watch the romance with Xiao Fan going back and forth between the girls. I even suspect that they are going to make a triangle love story between Xiao Fan-Biyao-Jing Yu or Xiao Fan-Xiao Qi-Jing Yu..arrgh please no!
    Grrr..now I dont know what to expect (
    See! This is the type of sad thoughts that I was afraid of. lol

Happy thoughts everyone! Happy thoughts! We NEED this series to be good...

I've been burn by way too many mainland series to be burn again. My body can't handle it. In fact, I haven't watch a single Mainland series that didn't hurt me in some way. Some more than others. I love Wuxia all my life growing up, but I'm damage now. This is like my biggest hope.

*lolololol*
    Okay, happy thoughts!! ..hahahahaha!

Btw, wuxin is one of the series that didnt hurt me like others *lol*.

*lolololol*

I still haven't seen that! I need to find time to marathon it. Been too busy.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-20-16 at 05:52 AM.

*lolololol*

"Wuxin" is great. It is short, interesting and very unique. I got interested in TangRen again after watching it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

LOL SOZ i can't help but critique~ still looking forward to ZLY and YZ's acting! I definitely approve the costumes! There aren't that many dramas with simplistic yet exquisite costumes - some go overboard haha

So is it Xian Xia and Wuxia? Hopefully it has a happy ending~ all the Xian Xia i've watched have sad endings T___T

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    "Wuxin" is great. It is short, interesting and very unique. I got interested in TangRen again after watching it.
    Yeah, me too. Plus it has beautiful OST. But then, I dont recommend watching the MV in youtube, since they contain massive spoiler regarding the ending