Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chusen 《诛仙青云志》 - Li Yi Feng, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Zi

Quote Originally Posted by starryblue View Post
    LOL SOZ i can't help but critique~ still looking forward to ZLY and YZ's acting! I definitely approve the costumes! There aren't that many dramas with simplistic yet exquisite costumes - some go overboard haha

So is it Xian Xia and Wuxia? Hopefully it has a happy ending~ all the Xian Xia i've watched have sad endings T___T
    Regarding the costumes, you are right. They are simplistic yet exquisite. But sometimes it is out of place. In the newest clip, we saw little Xiao Fan and Jing Yu were playing together wearing nice fancy costumes . Those were nice expensive clothes for village kids . Others only wore simple farmer clothes.

I guess it shoud be xianxia, since it contains magic and godly power/items/beings . And let"s hope for a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Wait a minute!
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Did they confirmed that the series is split with a second half filming this year? Or is this rumor and speculation? The series is set to have 50 episodes total. How long can this book be? 50 episodes is the usual length for most of Jin Yong adaptations. Maybe they manage to fit it all in one go? It's true we don't see much of Gui Li in the trailers, but I've seen plenty stills of him. If the series turn out to be good and they are splitting it, wouldn't people lose their mind? It's almost unprecedented to adapt a series this way. I'm actually pretty scare now if this is the case.

No, I do not know this has two books. Judging by the way you describe it, book 2 is basically a different story. If the first book ended with a hint of them together, then it's good enough for me. Again, hopefully the adaptation complete the whole thing and not split it.

The thought of having to wait to complete an entire series scare me. Sure American shows does this all the time with seasons, but Chinese series is different. We usually get a completed batch in one run.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. But you gave me a bit of a concern now. lol
    While Chusen was filming they released a schedule board and it's shown Chusen was split into 2 parts to air in summer consecutively. They did film Gui Li's part of the story but I'm not sure which part they stopped at, but since Xiao Bai (the nine-tailed fox - one of the most important figures in Gui Li's life) showed up near the end of the drama filming so I think Gui Li got a pretty good amount of screentime. Although i'm not sure if it was the part that was filmed for the extra story. Since it's been confirmed there are 50+ eps with the main storyline to be aired on HunanTV and then 16+ extra eps to be shown on Tencent exclusively for VIP account holders.

I'm sorry for making you guys anxious lol. I just don't want everyone to be caught off guard later on. Don't get too concerned. The drama is about to broadcast, we'll have our answers soon hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post
    While Chusen was filming they released a schedule board and it's shown Chusen was split into 2 parts to air in summer consecutively. They did film Gui Li's part of the story but I'm not sure which part they stopped at, but since Xiao Bai (the nine-tailed fox - one of the most important figures in Gui Li's life) showed up near the end of the drama filming so I think Gui Li got a pretty good amount of screentime. Although i'm not sure if it was the part that was filmed for the extra story. Since it's been confirmed there are 50+ eps with the main storyline to be aired on HunanTV and then 16+ extra eps to be shown on Tencent exclusively for VIP account holders.

I'm sorry for making you guys anxious lol. I just don't want everyone to be caught off guard later on. Don't get too concerned. The drama is about to broadcast, we'll have our answers soon hehe.

Based on what you said, I'm guessing that the 1sst book split into 2 parts. The 1st one, which is gonna aired on August, tells the story of little Zhang Xiao Fan until Gui Li, and should end after Biyao's arc is done.The 2nd part is gonna be shoot this year and is planned to air next year, and it consists of the rest of Gui Li's part.

Xiao Bai's part in the novel is at where I'm currently reading, so yeah..it happened sometimes after Xiao Fan became Gui Li. It's still a half (almost 2/3 ?) of the book, so I guess we can still watch him in action for quite some time. But then we wont see the conclusion of his love story. The story can end with Gui Li is losing Biyao while Xue Qi is waiting for him.

Is this even possible? I guess the production company wanted to make this as a franchise, like what they were trying to do with Lost Tomb. Then again, fans didnt like it, so they should learn from their mistake and not to mess with the story and the love story.

But if this really happen, then they shuld have told this to the viewers since the beginning. I've never heard of an article saying that the book is split into 2 before this.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post

Based on what you said, I'm guessing that the 1sst book split into 2 parts. The 1st one, which is gonna aired on August, tells the story of little Zhang Xiao Fan until Gui Li, and should end after Biyao's arc is done.The 2nd part is gonna be shoot this year and is planned to air next year, and it consists of the rest of Gui Li's part.

Xiao Bai's part in the novel is at where I'm currently reading, so yeah..it happened sometimes after Xiao Fan became Gui Li. It's still a half (almost 2/3 ?) of the book, so I guess we can still watch him in action for quite some time. But then we wont see the conclusion of his love story. The story can end with Gui Li is losing Biyao while Xue Qi is waiting for him.

Is this even possible? I guess the production company wanted to make this as a franchise, like what they were trying to do with Lost Tomb. Then again, fans didnt like it, so they should learn from their mistake and not to mess with the story and the love story.

But if this really happen, then they shuld have told this to the viewers since the beginning. I've never heard of an article saying that the book is split into 2 before this.

Maybe the schedule board meant they are filming the series in two parts back to back? Basically, they filmed the entire thing already. The series will have two Opening theme, to represent the shift in story arc mid point. If it's this way, it will be fine. I heard they're recruiting various other artist such as Mayday, and so forth to do the soundtrack now. Perhaps these are for the second half of the story. The first OST is release already.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-20-16 at 06:23 PM.

Maybe the schedule board meant they are filming the series in two parts back to back? Basically, they filmed the entire thing already. The series will have two Opening theme, to represent the shift in story arc mid point. If it's this way, it will be fine. I heard they're recruiting various other artist such as Mayday, and so forth to do the soundtrack now. Perhaps these are for the second half of the story. The first OST is release already.

I'm really hoping that this is the case. Anyway, I heard that the 1st book contains 250-260 chapters. Then again, usually each chapte only contain a few things, so 1 episode in the tv series could contain several chapters. Shouldn't they be able to to be covered in 50+ episodes? (If there are no additional stories, if they dont switch the chronological order, and many other 'ifs'

Anyway, we do have to wait and see..whether I'll end up hating this prod company or not *lol - kidding*

Anyway, I hope to watch new OSTs soon. Considering that their original plan was to air this on July 2nd, then August 2nd, then August 8th, could it be that they still havent finished on something?

WHy do people praise Yang Zi alot? I mean she is pretty but not to that extent too. ZLY is also pretty and a very good actor. She did a really great job in TJOF. But here everyone is talking about Xue Qi Xue Qi like come on... that is just the director's appraisal because he planned to make her the main character in the first place and he is in love with that character he wrote about. I don't see any justice here for all the three girls.

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    WHy do people praise Yang Zi alot? I mean she is pretty but not to that extent too. ZLY is also pretty and a very good actor. She did a really great job in TJOF. But here everyone is talking about Xue Qi Xue Qi like come on... that is just the director's appraisal because he planned to make her the main character in the first place and he is in love with that character he wrote about. I don't see any justice here for all the three girls.
    Praise Yang Zi? We're all just discussing the series itself in general.

As for "director's appraisal", you mean the writer? The production is giving ZLY's character more story than the original source. So if anything, the favor is going to ZLY's character.

Also, no justice for all three girls?
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-21-16 at 12:24 AM.

LOL i think it depends on the person..YZ became popular for her acting since she was a child~ Also I heard that Xue Qi is the actual main female lead in the novel (haven't read it so not sure)...Sure i like ZLY and she's definitely prettier than YZ. Her acting is not bad but all her roles are so similar~

LOL i do feel you though! it's like i don't understand why TF Boys are so popular~

LOL i do feel you though! it's like i don't understand why TF Boys are so popular~
    LOL u making fun of me? or wat? anyways how they describe how pretty Xue Qi is its like... she have to pose and look butiful for every turn or corner, walk, or fite, just like LYF's Xiao Long Nu lol

LOL u making fun of me? or wat? anyways how they describe how pretty Xue Qi is its like... she have to pose and look butiful for every turn or corner, walk, or fite, just like LYF's Xiao Long Nu lol
    Nono I seriously don't understand the hype about TF Boys D: I think Xue Qi's character is meant to be similar to XLN. Except although those type of characters are so pretty and elegant, their personalities are boring haha

Hi there!

Just wanna say that I've never heard of the Director praising Yang Zhi. The fact is, it was the Author of the Zhu Xian Novel who praised Xue Qi A LOT. If you read the novel then you will see that he wrote her as 'like a fairy who can enchant 9 skies' etc2. He wrote how graceful she is, how iciy cold and beautiful and powerful and talented, and he used pretty words to describe her movement and fighting scenes. Most people of the clan gathered to watch her in a competition because she was that famous. Go read it and you'll see.

Regarding Yang Zhi, people here praised her because she was one of the first artists that was casted for Chusen, had her photo pictures (a beautiful one, that is), and she looked suitable as what Xue Qi was described in the novel. Plus she is the main lead along with Zhang Xiao Fan.

As for other actresses, they were not mentioned here a lot because there were just nobody that wanted to talk about their characters (our main focus are Zhu Xian, not the actresses themselves). I myself were talking about Ling Er and Biyao sometimes and praised Tina and ZLY in my previous posts, while I've saw how so many people have been praising ZLY in other forums. If you like them, then go ahead and post something .

Nono I seriously don't understand the hype about TF Boys D: I think Xue Qi's character is meant to be similar to XLN. Except although those type of characters are so pretty and elegant, their personalities are boring haha
    Well, I like XLN but I mainly focused on YG . I noticed XLN more while she was fighting *lol*. Then again, there were not many series with a main lady like that, so it's a refreshment to have something different

Anyway, an article once wrote that Chusen will be male-centered, so ..yeah..the focus is on Zhang Xiao Fan's life story

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post

I'm really hoping that this is the case. Anyway, I heard that the 1st book contains 250-260 chapters. Then again, usually each chapte only contain a few things, so 1 episode in the tv series could contain several chapters. Shouldn't they be able to to be covered in 50+ episodes? (If there are no additional stories, if they dont switch the chronological order, and many other 'ifs'

Anyway, we do have to wait and see..whether I'll end up hating this prod company or not *lol - kidding*

Anyway, I hope to watch new OSTs soon. Considering that their original plan was to air this on July 2nd, then August 2nd, then August 8th, could it be that they still havent finished on something?
    No don't hate~~ lol sorry for even bringing that up because I'm just making everyone more confused. Let's just wait for the drama and we can judge it later.

Anyway, the airing dates kept being changed because it was fighting for the timeslot with Ice Fantasy drama, which was also aiming for a summer release. You know they can only have that one slot for xian xia drama at a time, so Hunan must have pulled a lot of strings to have both dramas airing so close together.

I don't quite get what you mean. We barely talked about Yang Zi but more about Lu Xue Qi as she is one of the female leads and it IS related to the drama. Unless we're going out of topic then I don't see why we can't discuss about her or how that would make it unfair to the other girls. You can also ask a question about ZLY or Bi Yao and I'm sure anyone in here would be glad to discuss about her with you.

Acting and appearance-wise, I think both girls have what it takes to do the characters justice. What I'm more concerned with is the protagonist because the story revolves mostly around him so he will have to carry this drama with his acting and charms. From what I've seen, I'm really liking his Xiao Fan, he's much more livelier than in the book, but it'd make it more interesting to see his change to Gui Li later on. I really have high hopes for this drama and I hope it will meet my expectation. *v*

Yeah, this is getting quite the promotion.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13697081_1053308488086891_5026616443886917250_n.jp g?oh=72b4e98ad0b2ea72a02f6f8649042405&oe=582986B9')

No don't hate~~ lol sorry for even bringing that up because I'm just making everyone more confused. Let's just wait for the drama and we can judge it later.

Anyway, the airing dates kept being changed because it was fighting for the timeslot with Ice Fantasy drama, which was also aiming for a summer release. You know they can only have that one slot for xian xia drama at a time, so Hunan must have pulled a lot of strings to have both dramas airing so close together.
    No, I thank u instead for bringing this up because I can be prepared ( still being traumatized after excitedly waiting for Swordsman -lol- ) . And I'm gonna be so happy if it turns out to exceed my expectation .

And thanks for explaining the time slot!

Acting and appearance-wise, I think both girls have what it takes to do the characters justice. What I'm more concerned with is the protagonist because the story revolves mostly around him so he will have to carry this drama with his acting and charms. From what I've seen, I'm really liking his Xiao Fan, he's much more livelier than in the book, but it'd make it more interesting to see his change to Gui Li later on. I really have high hopes for this drama and I hope it will meet my expectation. *v*
    Yeah, this is getting quite the promotion. 3
    I've read discussions in other forums that many people had the same concern regarding the protagonist Xiao Fan. The actor must have enough charisma and is able to carry the drama because, basically, the story is all about his life (and it's a long one too). Based on Chusen's trailer and clips, I think he was not bad. He had that honest look that was suitable for teenage Xiao Fan, and I hope he'd do well as Gui Li (although his photos were cool and badass).

Yes, I agree that Xiao Fan looked livelier in the drama than in the novel. The novel Xiao Fan was more quite, sensitive and suspicious of others(that's why, while I like the tune of Richie Ren OST, I dont really like it as the main theme song of the series. ).

Anyway, I also have high expectation with this series because I like the novel. Really2 hope that they'll do it right this time. People in other forum said that the production time tried hardly to make it a big hit and to prove that they could make a great show, so they seemed to put great efforts on this. I'm guessing that it's because there are many critics on Lost Tomb, so they delay that series and do the best with this one first.

I like both Zanilia and Yang Zi and I think both have shown a great potential for their careers. I am looking forward to both Xueqi and Biyao.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I'd like to ask anyone who knows the story :

There is one more girl who likes Xiao Fan, right? I saw several pictures of her along with the others. Could you tell me whether she was introduced before or after Xiao Fan became Gui Li? Please just answer "before" or "after" , coz I dont want to spoil myself . If it was "before", then I will re-read the novel translation coz I must have missed her somewhere *lol*. But if it is "after", then I will patiently wait

Thank you so much

Thanks for amping up the excitement on this series everyone!

I'm very keen to watch this, although I admit I'm of the camp who finds Xiao Longnu a boring character (actually I'm a little miffed at Jinyong over her... she had so much potential at the start with her amazing skills and then he made her a tearful damsel in distress, which made me lose interest.) It doesn't help that some of the actresses they chose to portray her have been rather bland and expressionless... sigh! Give me a go-getter Zhaomin or clever Huangrong any day!

I'm hoping neither female lead is literally a XLN replica, and instead we get fully fleshed out main characters who are interesting, human, funny, clever, flawed, conflicted etc... and not only beautiful.

PS I don't know much about the other actors and actresses but I've seen ZLY in action and she's pretty decent, add to that she's an 'evil' character here, so I'm a little excited about the role!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Thanks for amping up the excitement on this series everyone!

I'm very keen to watch this, although I admit I'm of the camp who finds Xiao Longnu a boring character (actually I'm a little miffed at Jinyong over her... she had so much potential at the start with her amazing skills and then he made her a tearful damsel in distress, which made me lose interest.) It doesn't help that some of the actresses they chose to portray her have been rather bland and expressionless... sigh! Give me a go-getter Zhaomin or clever Huangrong any day!

I'm hoping neither female lead is literally a XLN replica, and instead we get fully fleshed out main characters who are interesting, human, funny, clever, flawed, conflicted etc... and not only beautiful.

PS I don't know much about the other actors and actresses but I've seen ZLY in action and she's pretty decent, add to that she's an 'evil' character here, so I'm a little excited about the role!
    Thanks to anyone too for giving me info and the translations about this series! .

Regarding the female characters, I guess I've found the dramaland filled with cute spunky girls, so I kinda bored and expect something different . It's like when I watched Legend of Fragrance, I was more interested on the 2nd girl (Shu Chang's character) than the female lead. Then again, based on what I've read and heard, Zhu Xian novel was focusing on Zhang Xiao Fan, so the girls were not too developed.

Anyway, Biyao and Ling Er were lively, but their parts were not as much as Xue Qi. Ling Er was almost similar with LHC's little sister in XAJH. Perhaps Biyao had the same aggresive trait as Zhao Min, but she was not as smart and as cunning as her. Xue Qi was powerful and a lot more experienced and mature than XLN, but she had the same coldness . she rarely talked, but when she did, she was not affraid to speak out what was inside her mind, and sometimes that made people got surprised.

And I think they do have one thing in common. They were all more mature than Xiao Fan *lol* (just like somebody here saying that Xiao Fan liked older women )

So I guess all characters are not the same exact copy as other characters from other series. And based on the clips, the series have added a lot of their interaction with Xiao Fan, so perhaps we can see more character development on them.