Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Chusen 《诛仙青云志》 - Li Yi Feng, Zhao Li Ying, Yang Zi

Lu Xue Qi may sound boring but she's a strong, stubborn and independent woman. Sometimes her actions make you surprised and I quite like her complicated feelings towards Xiao Fan. She loves him deeply but won't turn her back on Xing Yun sect because of him. But she also won't compromise with her sect about things they made her do in regards to him. She pretty much knows what she wants but she can't act on it because she's caught in the middle, and her struggle makes their love story quite bittersweet.

Bi Yao is my favorite right up there with LXQ. I like Bi Yao more at first because in the first half of the book you see more personality in her as opposed to LXQ who rarely talks and rarely expresses herself. Bi Yao is more mischievous and more open about her feelings. I just love how she's not afraid to show her love for XF even though they're on opposing sides. XF also becomes more bold around her like he would talk back and give her an attitude when he feels like it. I guess because of her relation with the evil sect that he doesn't feel inferior like he does with the others from Xing Yun, plus Bi Yao is such a mischief that she always makes fun of him and it really brings out the nerves in XF lol. Even though she only appears for a really short time but she's such a prominent figure who left a deep impact on XF's life that she's also considered as the female lead along with LXQ.

I start to like LXQ too as the story progresses when she starts showing her feelings and struggle more. So I think even though it is a male centric story but the girls also make their presence quite an impact to readers. Hope to see more of them in the drama, especially more interactions with XF because I didn't have enough of it in the book hehe. There are also two other girls who are important to XF, but will talk more about them when we get to them in the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I'd like to ask anyone who knows the story :
    click to show/hide spoilers

There is one more girl who likes Xiao Fan, right? I saw several pictures of her along with the others. Could you tell me whether she was introduced before or after Xiao Fan became Gui Li? Please just answer "before" or "after" , coz I dont want to spoil myself . If it was "before", then I will re-read the novel translation coz I must have missed her somewhere *lol*. But if it is "after", then I will patiently wait

Thank you so much
    Do you mean Xiao Huan? The girl with that fortune-telling guy? Because she's the only one (besides another girl who appeared after Gui Li) that also likes Xiao Fan. She was introduced before he became Gui Li, but doesn't show her feelings until Gui Li though, and only a few times veryyyyy briefly, so don't blink or you will miss it lol. I also like her. She's so pure and cute. Her love for XF is like me crushing after my idol lol.
    Last edited by Nega Foxツ; 07-21-16 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nega Foxツ View Post
    Lu Xue Qi may sound boring but she's a strong, stubborn and independent woman. Sometimes her actions make you surprised and I quite like her complicated feelings towards Xiao Fan. She loves him deeply but won't turn her back on Xing Yun sect because of him. But she also won't compromise with her sect about things they made her do in regards to him. She pretty much knows what she wants but she can't act on it because she's caught in the middle, and her struggle makes their love story quite bittersweet.
    Yeah, you're right. She didn't show much in the first part of the story, but she begun to show more and more of her independence and strong will. That's why I really want to watch/read Gui Li's part, because I want to see her struggle to fight for her love towards Gui Li (Xiao Fan).

I personally like it when she told him :

to 'come back'.

She only said that 1 sentence, but she actually meant a lot : she didn't just ask him to go back to Qing Yun, but also to become the honest pure innocent Xiao Fan like what he used to be. That should meant a lot for Gui Li, considering how alone he was compared to his life as Xiao Fan.

Bi Yao is my favorite right up there with LXQ. I like Bi Yao more at first because in the first half of the book you see more personality in her as opposed to LXQ who rarely talks and rarely expresses herself. Bi Yao is more mischievous and more open about her feelings. I just love how she's not afraid to show her love for XF even though they're on opposing sides. XF also becomes more bold around her like he would talk back and give her an attitude when he feels like it. I guess because of her relation with the evil sect that he doesn't feel inferior like he does with the others from Xing Yun, plus Bi Yao is such a mischief that she always makes fun of him and it really brings out the nerves in XF lol. Even though she only appears for a really short time but she's such a prominent figure who left a deep impact on XF's life that she's also considered as the female lead along with LXQ.
    I think Xiao Fan was rather passive in the novel, don't you think so ? Introvert, honest, passive, and very very stubborn. That is my impression about him.

I start to like LXQ too as the story progresses when she starts showing her feelings and struggle more. So I think even though it is a male centric story but the girls also make their presence quite an impact to readers. Hope to see more of them in the drama, especially more interactions with XF because I didn't have enough of it in the book hehe. There are also two other girls who are important to XF, but will talk more about them when we get to them in the drama.
    You know what, I always thought that the author wanted Xiao Fan to have different girls, so he gave each girl their own spotlight in different times. First, it was Ling Er, the second was Biyao, and then it was Xue Qi's turn to shine.

Regarding the 2 more girls :

Are they Xiao Bai and Xiao Hui? Anyway, didn't Jin Ping Er sometimes rather flirty around him?
    Why am I asking for spoilers?! Sorry, couldn't help myself because the translation is still far away from finished while I'm dying to read it *lol* . If it's not them, please don't tell me anything since it means that they should be new characters

Do you mean Xiao Huan? The girl with that fortune-telling guy? Because she's the only one (besides another girl who appeared after Gui Li) that also likes Xiao Fan. She was introduced before he became Gui Li, but doesn't show her feelings until Gui Li though, and only a few times veryyyyy briefly, so don't blink or you will miss it lol. I also like her. She's so pure and cute. Her love for XF is like me crushing after my idol lol.

Ahhhhhhh I knew it that it was her, because she was the only girl that was available! I did skip that fortune-telling part, because I didn't find it too interesting. I only quick-reading it and moved on to the next part. And, I really really didn't remember that the girl showed any attraction toward Xiao Fan. So, she would appear again in the future,huh?? No wonder.

Thanks for the info
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 07-21-16 at 02:13 PM.

Thank you Nega Foxツ and luna_lucid for keeping the discussions going. You guys are awesome and you certainly got me more and more excited for this series. And to anyone just joining, welcome!

Here's some pretty artwork for Chusen.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13699994_1237794412920409_3343121344941380755_n.jp g?oh=10ff31ccb595b2cbe114f2496c86d1de&oe=58366142')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13769462_1237794402920410_3439999177313103417_n.jp g?oh=2502afd4422496edbe822b1c4f7ac706&oe=57ED6ED5')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13781854_1237794416253742_856952845905524447_n.jpg ?oh=c64204208981b979d0597eb5d680b4c3&oe=57ED2AC0')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13728984_1237794409587076_2610727208203392140_n.jp g?oh=704aeb86bb75b25d3f0d3b14c43cf628&oe=582AEB07')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13716112_1237794472920403_8586027089728659524_n.jp g?oh=aced0dd0d66a014dfd1d0d6f4db06a33&oe=57E8F496')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13718666_1237794482920402_3354587196759195981_n.jp g?oh=fabe02d9b27bd694e482621f84c1fc3c&oe=581FDE69')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13716024_1237794486253735_5019468948578788529_n.jp g?oh=04f6de752739a33224d635635c8200f0&oe=583412C8')

Yeah, you're right. She didn't show much in the first part of the story, but she begun to show more and more of her independence and strong will. That's why I really want to watch/read Gui Li's part, because I want to see her struggle to fight for her love towards Gui Li (Xiao Fan).

I personally like it when she told him :

to 'come back'.

She only said that 1 sentence, but she actually meant a lot : she didn't just ask him to go back to Qing Yun, but also to become the honest pure innocent Xiao Fan like what he used to be. That should meant a lot for Gui Li, considering how alone he was compared to his life as Xiao Fan.
    Yeah, aside from the hope of reviving Bi Yao, i think LXQ's un-quavering love for him helps him a lot through the dark time. Despite always fighting every time they meet, they would then instinctively protect each other when in danger. You can really see their struggle and it makes you feel for them. I like this kind of tortured love so it really hits all the right spots for me lol.

I think Xiao Fan was rather passive in the novel, don't you think so ? Introvert, honest, passive, and very very stubborn. That is my impression about him.

You know what, I always thought that the author wanted Xiao Fan to have different girls, so he gave each girl their own spotlight in different times. First, it was Ling Er, the second was Biyao, and then it was Xue Qi's turn to shine.
    That's my impression of XF too. He just has a lot of self-pity and inferiority complex that it's hard for him to open up himself. And he's always slow to act on his feelings that he misses a lot of opportunities which makes him regret. On this aspect, Gui Li is better because he's become much stronger and doesn't feel inferior to anyone anymore, which makes him more determined and bold than his former self lol.

Regarding the 2 more girls :

Are they Xiao Bai and Xiao Hui? Anyway, didn't Jin Ping Er sometimes rather flirty around him?
    Why am I asking for spoilers?! Sorry, couldn't help myself because the translation is still far away from finished while I'm dying to read it *lol* . If it's not them, please don't tell me anything since it means that they should be new characters

Ahhhhhhh I knew it that it was her, because she was the only girl that was available! I did skip that fortune-telling part, because I didn't find it too interesting. I only quick-reading it and moved on to the next part. And, I really really didn't remember that the girl showed any attraction toward Xiao Fan. So, she would appear again in the future,huh?? No wonder.

Thanks for the info
    The two girls are Xiao Huan and Xiao Bai. They both will make a lot of appearances later on in the book and their roles are quite huge too. You will be surprised with what Xiao Huan can do. And yeah, I didn't even think much about Xiao Huan having feelings for Xiao Fan, not until he turned Gui Li and met her again years later that she began to show her feelings more, especially when he was about to leave that she would get sad and try to get him to stay. Even in Chusen 2 when she made a short appearance, it shows that she's still in love with him. Poor these girls pining after this thick-headed guy, i guess his martial sister is the luckiest one then lol. As for Jing Ping Er, she's only his partner-in-crime for a short time, there isn't any deep feelings between them. Among the girls, I like Xiao Bai the most. LXQ was the most beautiful until Xiao Bai appears. She's also the strongest and coolest chick and she makes the best partner with Gui Li. Anyway, I hope i didn't spoil too much for you lol. Where're you at in the novel now? I hope it gets finished translating soon for you.

wuxiarocks You're welcome ^^ I'm actually thankful to find this thread because I've been a fan of Chusen even before it was made into drama, so imagine my happiness when this production started. I re-read the novel many times over while waiting for the drama to broadcast, and it's finally almost here. I'm really excited too and hope we will be in for a lot of fun~

Yeah, aside from the hope of reviving Bi Yao, i think LXQ's un-quavering love for him helps him a lot through the dark time. Despite always fighting every time they meet, they would then instinctively protect each other when in danger. You can really see their struggle and it makes you feel for them. I like this kind of tortured love so it really hits all the right spots for me lol.

I'm sooooo agree with you. That is what I like in Gui Li-Xue Qi, and that is why I really want to read their story! (finally, somebody understands me ). Their struggles to hold each other's feeling, to fight as well as to protect each other really made me feel for them. Gui Li always said that Biyao was the only one and that he was in evil way, but when Xue Qi was in danger, he instinctively protected her with all his might. Xue Qi also said that they were on opposite sides, but she got angry when someone hurt him.

This kinda tortured love really got to me and I really really want to see them have a happy ending. That is why I have been so worried if the series won't do this justice and decided to be 'creative' with the love story. It's not that I don't like Biyao, but she only appeared for a short time in the book. Yes, she was an important person for Gui Li, but the thing that I like from Zhu Xian love story is how it told us that basically life went on. We could have many hardships, one after another, broken hearted again and again, but we survived anyway and moved on, and finally accepted things. So it's not a mater of lovey-dovey and push-pull kinda love, like what happened in other drama nowadays. It is more mature than that.

And I agree that Xue Qi unwavering love is the one that helps him a lot. I always feel that Xiao Fan is a 'lost soul', someone who needs guidance and warmth. If he is let to be alone, then he could go crazy and walk to the wrong path. And because he is very stubborn, he needs someone to pull him back to the right track. That is what Xue Qi, and his friend(s?) are trying to do.

That's my impression of XF too. He just has a lot of self-pity and inferiority complex that it's hard for him to open up himself. And he's always slow to act on his feelings that he misses a lot of opportunities which makes him regret. On this aspect, Gui Li is better because he's become much stronger and doesn't feel inferior to anyone anymore, which makes him more determined and bold than his former self lol.
    Yes, I agree. Xiao Fan had a lot of doubts toward himself, so when people showed their appreciation, he felt really touched. Gui Li is stronger than that.

The two girls are Xiao Huan and Xiao Bai. They both will make a lot of appearances later on in the book and their roles are quite huge too. You will be surprised with what Xiao Huan can do. And yeah, I didn't even think much about Xiao Huan having feelings for Xiao Fan, not until he turned Gui Li and met her again years later that she began to show her feelings more, especially when he was about to leave that she would get sad and try to get him to stay. Even in Chusen 2 when she made a short appearance, it shows that she's still in love with him. Poor these girls pining after this thick-headed guy, i guess his martial sister is the luckiest one then lol. As for Jing Ping Er, she's only his partner-in-crime for a short time, there isn't any deep feelings between them. Among the girls, I like Xiao Bai the most. LXQ was the most beautiful until Xiao Bai appears. She's also the strongest and coolest chick and she makes the best partner with Gui Li. Anyway, I hope i didn't spoil too much for you lol. Where're you at in the novel now? I hope it gets finished translating soon for you.

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm gonna find some time and re-read Xiao Huan's part *lol*. Regarding Xiao Bai, I like her too. I never thought that she was special before, but when she saved Gui Li, I was amazed on how powerful she was *lol*. She should be, at least, at the same level as Xue Qi .. or was she even higher ?

Yeah, Xiao Fan/Gui Li is so lucky to have gorgeous powerful girls who care about him *lol*

I normally avoid spoilers, but I couldn't help it this time since I really want to know the story . I've reached chapter 137, that is when Gui Li brought the shaman and tried to revive Biyao. And in the crucial moment, it was to be continued. Argh! *lol*

FYI, the translation is updated once a week , and that's the most complete and updated english translation existed on the internet. There is a complete translated version, actually .. but it is in Vietnamese *lol* . I even tried to look for the novel in the bookstores, but it seemed that the novel hadn't enter my country .. hahaha

wuxiarocks You're welcome ^^ I'm actually thankful to find this thread because I've been a fan of Chusen even before it was made into drama, so imagine my happiness when this production started. I re-read the novel many times over while waiting for the drama to broadcast, and it's finally almost here. I'm really excited too and hope we will be in for a lot of fun~
    wuxiarocks, Nega Foxツ, thank you so much too for the pretty pictures and discussions ! You see, I searched for Zhu Xian english translation because of curiousity (knowing that it was one of the most anticipation drama in year 2016), but I never thought that I ended up loving it. I really want to discuss it and I'm also thankful that I can do that here . Plus, I imagined Li Yi Feng to be Xiao Fan, then he ended up really being chosen as one *lol* . So, you can imagine how excited I am and also affraid that this gonna be disappointing. I will not put my expectation too high and just try to enjoy it

No don't hate~~ lol sorry for even bringing that up because I'm just making everyone more confused. Let's just wait for the drama and we can judge it later.

Anyway, the airing dates kept being changed because it was fighting for the timeslot with Ice Fantasy drama, which was also aiming for a summer release. You know they can only have that one slot for xian xia drama at a time, so Hunan must have pulled a lot of strings to have both dramas airing so close together.

I don't quite get what you mean. We barely talked about Yang Zi but more about Lu Xue Qi as she is one of the female leads and it IS related to the drama. Unless we're going out of topic then I don't see why we can't discuss about her or how that would make it unfair to the other girls. You can also ask a question about ZLY or Bi Yao and I'm sure anyone in here would be glad to discuss about her with you.

Acting and appearance-wise, I think both girls have what it takes to do the characters justice. What I'm more concerned with is the protagonist because the story revolves mostly around him so he will have to carry this drama with his acting and charms. From what I've seen, I'm really liking his Xiao Fan, he's much more livelier than in the book, but it'd make it more interesting to see his change to Gui Li later on. I really have high hopes for this drama and I hope it will meet my expectation. *v*
    oh ok now i get it LOL it is the character not of the book not the person... it sucks that Liying have to die and go film another series... seriously she have been accepting roles that are not catchy these days... i like her most in TJOF and the palace series i forgot the name and her name was Liu Zhen... so innocent and pure. And someone mentioned her roles r similar they r quite true but also not true. Maybe what they see is her cute face cannot be evil and always hyper all the time. Legend of Mt. Zu she had quite a different role but I really dislike the main guy and her role in there... not catching my attention at all. What annoys me more is freaking William broke up with Charlene in the mid or after filming that series... anyways bak to topic, it is such a pity a good role came by and she have to leave for another series ... Mite stop watching after her death LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    it sucks that Liying have to die and go film another series...
    ZLY's character fate was written long before she was cast. If anything the production is expanding her role here. It has nothing to do with leaving for another series.

wuxiarocks, Nega Foxツ, thank you so much too for the pretty pictures and discussions ! You see, I searched for Zhu Xian english translation because of curiousity (knowing that it was one of the most anticipation drama in year 2016), but I never thought that I ended up loving it. I really want to discuss it and I'm also thankful that I can do that here . Plus, I imagined Li Yi Feng to be Xiao Fan, then he ended up really being chosen as one *lol* . So, you can imagine how excited I am and also affraid that this gonna be disappointing. I will not put my expectation too high and just try to enjoy it
    We can all be thankful as we wait for the series together. August 8th. This could go either way. Let's hope for the best. To be honest, I haven't like a single series with LYF before. I have nothing against him. Only the series he was in. This should be interesting though. If the story goes the way you both have been describing, then it's gonna be exciting.

I would read the novel, but at this point, I don't want to spoil the whole experience.

The series will be out soon, so I'm going in as a virgin.

Though I'm probably not, since I know the ending and all. lol
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-21-16 at 11:43 PM.

I'm sooooo agree with you. That is what I like in Gui Li-Xue Qi, and that is why I really want to read their story! (finally, somebody understands me ). Their struggles to hold each other's feeling, to fight as well as to protect each other really made me feel for them. Gui Li always said that Biyao was the only one and that he was in evil way, but when Xue Qi was in danger, he instinctively protected her with all his might. Xue Qi also said that they were on opposite sides, but she got angry when someone hurt him.

This kinda tortured love really got to me and I really really want to see them have a happy ending. That is why I have been so worried if the series won't do this justice and decided to be 'creative' with the love story. It's not that I don't like Biyao, but she only appeared for a short time in the book. Yes, she was an important person for Gui Li, but the thing that I like from Zhu Xian love story is how it told us that basically life went on. We could have many hardships, one after another, broken hearted again and again, but we survived anyway and moved on, and finally accepted things. So it's not a mater of lovey-dovey and push-pull kinda love, like what happened in other drama nowadays. It is more mature than that.

And I agree that Xue Qi unwavering love is the one that helps him a lot. I always feel that Xiao Fan is a 'lost soul', someone who needs guidance and warmth. If he is let to be alone, then he could go crazy and walk to the wrong path. And because he is very stubborn, he needs someone to pull him back to the right track. That is what Xue Qi, and his friend(s?) are trying to do.
    Great minds think alike lol. I also like that Zhu Xian is quite different in the sense that it didn't go the cliche way most wuxia/xian xia stories would. But since you haven't finished so I'll hold off on this bit of discussion lol. But like you said, I like how it showed that people do change and move on as time goes by. I mean it may be romantic and appealing to have the male lead loving only one girl throughout the whole drama, but it's not realistic and so predictable. And Zhu Xian has proven that you can love more than one person and one love is just as important and memorable as the other. There was a little behind scenes interview when they asked the author who Xiao Fan loves the most? and he answered that XF loves each of them the most at that particular time in life, like it was Bi Yao during his teenage year and LXQ after he's grown and matured. And I agree, XF/GL is quite a vulnerable guy despite his strong appearance. Therefore, with LXQ's unwavering love and care for him that he was able to love and be himself again. Even though they hardly make appearance in Zhu Xian 2, but from bits and pieces we saw of them they live a warm and happy life together, it somehow soothes my heart from all the hardships they went through. Do expect a lot will change in the drama, but the producers said they will stay loyal to the ending. So that's a relief? lol

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm gonna find some time and re-read Xiao Huan's part *lol*. Regarding Xiao Bai, I like her too. I never thought that she was special before, but when she saved Gui Li, I was amazed on how powerful she was *lol*. She should be, at least, at the same level as Xue Qi .. or was she even higher ?

Yeah, Xiao Fan/Gui Li is so lucky to have gorgeous powerful girls who care about him *lol*

I normally avoid spoilers, but I couldn't help it this time since I really want to know the story . I've reached chapter 137, that is when Gui Li brought the shaman and tried to revive Biyao. And in the crucial moment, it was to be continued. Argh! *lol*

FYI, the translation is updated once a week , and that's the most complete and updated english translation existed on the internet. There is a complete translated version, actually .. but it is in Vietnamese *lol* . I even tried to look for the novel in the bookstores, but it seemed that the novel hadn't enter my country .. hahaha
    Xiao Bai is more powerful because she's a thousand-year-old nine-tailed fox. She's lived much longer than all the old folks from Xing Yun sect lol.
    Only 137? There's 258 chapters, it'll take forever x.x good luck to you haha. The Viet translation is the one I read lol.

At first I was neutral about the casting. I even thought LYF was too handsome for XF, but well couldn't say no to the eye-candy lol. Then the first trailer came out and I was totally fan-girling over him. Now whenever I go back to read Zhu Xian I would imagine him and now I can't accept anyone else to be XF lol. Gui Li might be harder to tackle but I'm sure he will be fine since he already looks the part to me. I don't expect too much acting skills from xian xia genre, but the plot and CGI are more important for me. If those are done right then I'm more than happy.

oh ok now i get it LOL it is the character not of the book not the person... it sucks that Liying have to die and go film another series... seriously she have been accepting roles that are not catchy these days... i like her most in TJOF and the palace series i forgot the name and her name was Liu Zhen... so innocent and pure. And someone mentioned her roles r similar they r quite true but also not true. Maybe what they see is her cute face cannot be evil and always hyper all the time. Legend of Mt. Zu she had quite a different role but I really dislike the main guy and her role in there... not catching my attention at all. What annoys me more is freaking William broke up with Charlene in the mid or after filming that series... anyways bak to topic, it is such a pity a good role came by and she have to leave for another series ... Mite stop watching after her death LOL
    It's not because she has to film another series that she has to die in Zhu Xian, in case you had the wrong impression. Bi Yao was meant to die in the book and she had a very short appearance compared to all the girls in Zhu Xian. In the drama though, the writers have gone above and beyond to give her more screentime and interaction with the male lead, so I think she had it better than her character in the book already lol. Since you seem like a fan of ZLY, you probably know she has a new drama Princess Agent with Lin Geng Xin that is in the middle of filming, and I think that role is really good and challenging. It was also based on a book and i heard rave reviews about it, so it might be something different and benefiting for ZLY as it is female centric and focused on her just like TJOF.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    We can all be thankful as we wait for the series together. August 8th. This could go either way. Let's hope for the best. To be honest, I haven't like a single series with LYF before. I have nothing against him. Only the series he was in. This should be interesting though. If the story goes the way you both have been describing, then it's gonna be exciting.

I would read the novel, but at this point, I don't want to spoil the whole experience.

I've come to love LYF since I started following this production, so I went to watch other series with him, didn't like them either, couldn't finish at all lol. I quite like Legend of Swords, more for the cast's relationships than the actual drama lol. I hope Zhu Xian will become his representative work, both in terms of good story-line and good acting. And don't read the novel now since the drama has changed a lot. You'll only want to compare them both as you watch and it's not a good experience. I've made peace with it after many times of cursing seeing how the story was changed. Now I will just watch it as a whole new series with the same name lol.
    Last edited by Nega Foxツ; 07-22-16 at 12:18 AM.

Yes I know about that I'm so totally looking forward to it ^^ yes Im a ZLY fan and it sucks she gna die here and I know her role is to die already but I'm just recapping someone wrote a while ago that she finished up her filming so she can go film her new serie

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post

I imagined LYF as Xiao Fan because :
    - I like the novel
    - I like LYF
    - I wanted to watch him in a story that I like *lol*. Yeah, I didnt like any of his dramas at first too..hahaha. Then again, I once heard that he was good in Legend of Fragrance, so I decided to watch it while waiting for Chusen, and ...yeah..I think I like him the best there. He was playing as a rich spoiled but very smart and naughty young master. He was quite funny there.

And , you've made the right decision. Dont read the novel. Dont put yourself in the same misery as where I'm in now *lol*
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 07-22-16 at 02:38 AM.

Great minds think alike lol. I also like that Zhu Xian is quite different in the sense that it didn't go the cliche way most wuxia/xian xia stories would. But since you haven't finished so I'll hold off on this bit of discussion lol. But like you said, I like how it showed that people do change and move on as time goes by. I mean it may be romantic and appealing to have the male lead loving only one girl throughout the whole drama, but it's not realistic and so predictable. And Zhu Xian has proven that you can love more than one person and one love is just as important and memorable as the other. There was a little behind scenes interview when they asked the author who Xiao Fan loves the most? and he answered that XF loves each of them the most at that particular time in life, like it was Bi Yao during his teenage year and LXQ after he's grown and matured. And I agree, XF/GL is quite a vulnerable guy despite his strong appearance. Therefore, with LXQ's unwavering love and care for him that he was able to love and be himself again. Even though they hardly make appearance in Zhu Xian 2, but from bits and pieces we saw of them they live a warm and happy life together, it somehow soothes my heart from all the hardships they went through. Do expect a lot will change in the drama, but the producers said they will stay loyal to the ending. So that's a relief? lol

Just like how you pointed out, I really like it that Zhu Xian doesnt have the typical love story like other dramas. The setting is in a fantasy world, but the way the characters thought and acted were realistic and mature.

Thank you for telling the interview with the author. A main lead who loved more than 1 person might be rare in drama land, epsecially wuxia/xanxia , but it is what people do in real life. When Xiao Fan loved Ling Er, for example, yeah he was crazy about her. But then she made him broken hearted, and then came Biyao and Xue Qi, so it was so natural that he had a change heart. That's the realistic one, while other drama would have made him holding on for so long until who-knows-when (this also make it so predictable and cliche, and makes us wants to smack the guy's head in order to open his eyes).

Regarding the producers, hmmm..well, like I said before, they should have been trying to make it big this time , especially after Lost Tomb got heavily critized for changing many things. So..yeah..be positive but also be prepared

Xiao Bai is more powerful because she's a thousand-year-old nine-tailed fox. She's lived much longer than all the old folks from Xing Yun sect lol.
    Only 137? There's 258 chapters, it'll take forever x.x good luck to you haha. The Viet translation is the one I read lol.
    Could you imagine how I felt? The whole novel was there, the full chapter, as if calling me to read them. I could only stare at the chapters and wished that I understood Vietnamese. I even tried Google translate and other translation softwares that I could find on the internet *lol*

At first I was neutral about the casting. I even thought LYF was too handsome for XF, but well couldn't say no to the eye-candy lol. Then the first trailer came out and I was totally fan-girling over him. Now whenever I go back to read Zhu Xian I would imagine him and now I can't accept anyone else to be XF lol. Gui Li might be harder to tackle but I'm sure he will be fine since he already looks the part to me. I don't expect too much acting skills from xian xia genre, but the plot and CGI are more important for me. If those are done right then I'm more than happy.
    "but well couldn't say no to the eye-candy lol." -> we do think alike . Actually, it would make more sense if he is handsome. Why would many girls fall in love with him that easily if he is not, at least, attractive ? His personality is not that special either

I expect the acting skills and the plot too (yeah I'm greedy), but for me, the most important thing is the plot. I wish I can be more tolerant, after knowing the story. If things go wrong, perhaps I'm gonna sigh and let my heart be broken again by a supposed-to-be favourite series . I miss the days when producers were trying to make the best faithful adaptations ..

And, I agree on the CGI. Some of the fighting scenes were fantasy and godly like and it requires good CGI to portray them, otherwise it will become lame. I'm also waiting to see the mystical weapons. We've seen Xiao Fan's, Xue Qi's, and Ling Er's, and what I'm so curious at is to see the weapon of that no 1 talent in Qing Yun (forgot his name), the Ice Sword(Stick?? ). That requires a good CGI to portray it well, and I'm curious on how they pulled it off.

And the one fight that I'm curious at is :

Xiao Fan vs the teacher of vampire Jiang Luo san. The technique was a scary one, and I wanna know how they portrayed it
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 07-22-16 at 02:41 AM.

Just like how you pointed out, I really like it that Zhu Xian doesnt have the typical love story like other dramas. The setting is in a fantasy world, but the way the characters thought and acted were realistic and mature.

Thank you for telling the interview with the author. A main lead who loved more than 1 person might be rare in drama land, epsecially wuxia/xanxia , but it is what people do in real life. When Xiao Fan loved Ling Er, for example, yeah he was crazy about her. But then she made him broken hearted, and then came Biyao and Xue Qi, so it was so natural that he had a change heart. That's the realistic one, while other drama would have made him holding on for so long until who-knows-when (this also make it so predictable and cliche, and makes us wants to smack the guy's head in order to open his eyes).

Regarding the producers, hmmm..well, like I said before, they should have been trying to make it big this time , especially after Lost Tomb got heavily critized for changing many things. So..yeah..be positive but also be prepared
    Although not many people would like how the male lead falls in love with 2 girls. I've already seen terrible fights between Bi Yao and LXQ's fans, so I'm a little wary now. Hopefully we won't see fights between the two actresses' fans in here lol.

"but well couldn't say no to the eye-candy lol." -> we do think alike . Actually, it would make more sense if he is handsome. Why would many girls fall in love with him that easily if he is not, at least, attractive ? His personality is not that special either
    Since XF was described to be ordinary in the book, just like his name suggests, so many book fans think LYF was unfit for the role because he's made XF a 'shuai ge', probably even more shuai than Lin Jin Yu, who's supposed to be more handsome and stronger than XF. But next to LYF, he's just 'another guy' now LOL. I do agree with you that it makes more sense for him to be shuai since how does one explain all these girls falling for him all over the place if he looks ordinary AND tops it with a boring personality lol. I mean he's nice and all but let be real, that isn't anything to warrant him getting all the girls :P so yep I have no complaint )

And, I agree on the CGI. Some of the fighting scenes were fantasy and godly like and it requires good CGI to portray them, otherwise it will become lame. I'm also waiting to see the mystical weapons. We've seen Xiao Fan's, Xue Qi's, and Ling Er's, and what I'm so curious at is to see the weapon of that no 1 talent in Qing Yun (forgot his name), the Ice Sword(Stick?? ). That requires a good CGI to portray it well, and I'm curious on how they pulled it off.

And the one fight that I'm curious at is :

Xiao Fan vs the teacher of vampire Jiang Luo san. The technique was a scary one, and I wanna know how they portrayed it
    From the tidbits we see in trailer, I think the CGI will be at least decent, probably better than the recent xian xia dramas. The monkey though still looks a little off, but I guess can't ask for Hollywood level, it'd require a lot more budget and I think they've over spent themselves over the course of making this drama lol.

Ohhh, is it the blood/energy sucking whatever technique? I don't even know how to call that one lol, but i think I know what you mean. The one where XF used to kill that teacher's disciple right? I found it fascinating too, but quite a pity that we didn't see him using it again after that. It was something I wish the author would dig more into because it was such a badass move lol. I do hope that scene will be done well.

Have you guys heard about the official broadcast date for Zhu Xian on Hunan? Mango entertainment weibo posted it last night with the date set to be on Sunday 7/31 at 10pm, so people are assuming it's airing only 2 eps a week. I'm not really sure but it's been causing quite a chaos on wb because 2 eps a week? with 50 eps that would take 6 months to finish airing the whole drama lol. I hope that's not the case. Tencent is still streaming it on 8/8 though, all a bit too confusing for me. I guess only when the drama actually airs, then we will know for sure lol.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13781955_1792783104286867_8464207831632392385_n.pn g?oh=358466f64f104da5096c9164ad3df1cd&oe=582B3729')
    Last edited by Nega Foxツ; 07-23-16 at 12:05 AM.

Although not many people would like how the male lead falls in love with 2 girls. I've already seen terrible fights between Bi Yao and LXQ's fans, so I'm a little wary now. Hopefully we won't see fights between the two actresses' fans in here lol.

You're right. It doesn't sound romantic either. Then again, usually in a drama, a hero/heroine changes love if the first love is a jerk or died *lol* . Biyao here is the same as dead, so I think it's still fine .

Regarding the 'fights', I'm someone who love the story and I root for the main leads. That's why I love it. If I don't love the leads, then I won't like the story since it should focus on them, right ? So, if I watch an adaptation, then of course I want it to represent the real story. Sadly,some people don't care about it and prefer to watch the actors/actresses that they love, while the story has to adjust to it . And producers nowadays don't really care about originality, unless if it will upset the fans. Lost Tomb is an example, and Jin Yong stories are another, whose fans are quite strong and demand for originality. Dunno about Zhu Xian, though. I heard that the novel is widely known in China and has many fans, is that true ?

Anyway, I also hope that there won't be any fanwars of the actresses. I'm not a fan of anyone, but I'm a fan of the novel . I don't think there's any use to fight over actresses here, since this is a Movie/Series forum, and not an Actress forum. I hope people realize this.

Since XF was described to be ordinary in the book, just like his name suggests, so many book fans think LYF was unfit for the role because he's made XF a 'shuai ge', probably even more shuai than Lin Jin Yu, who's supposed to be more handsome and stronger than XF. But next to LYF, he's just 'another guy' now LOL. I do agree with you that it makes more sense for him to be shuai since how does one explain all these girls falling for him all over the place if he looks ordinary AND tops it with a boring personality lol. I mean he's nice and all but let be real, that isn't anything to warrant him getting all the girls :P so yep I have no complaint )
    Hmmm .. after a 2nd thought, I'd like to change my own opinion . I think there's a reason why Xue Qi and Biyao love Xiao Fan, even if he's ordinary looking. Then again, I couldn't find one for the other 2 girls. Anyway, this is like what happened to LOCH 94, when people said that Guo Jing was too handsome, more handsome than YK. For me, if it doesn't change/disturb the main plot of the original story, then I'll be fine with that, except for special cases (like ROCH 2014, where XLN was not the most beautiful of all, but people kept on praising her beauty wherever she went. That was just weird).

Anyway, I think the actor who played Jin Yu is not bad at all. But yeah, LYF is still better looking .

From the tidbits we see in trailer, I think the CGI will be at least decent, probably better than the recent xian xia dramas. The monkey though still looks a little off, but I guess can't ask for Hollywood level, it'd require a lot more budget and I think they've over spent themselves over the course of making this drama lol.
    You're right, I think it's better. In one of the trailer, there was a mythical dragon (we could only saw it's head) and the CGI did look better than other series. The rest of the fighting technique / magic were quite decent too.

Anyway, why do you think that they've over spent ? I've heard that they divided the drama production to special different countries, is that true ?

Ohhh, is it the blood/energy sucking whatever technique? I don't even know how to call that one lol, but i think I know what you mean. The one where XF used to kill that teacher's disciple right? I found it fascinating too, but quite a pity that we didn't see him using it again after that. It was something I wish the author would dig more into because it was such a badass move lol. I do hope that scene will be done well.

I didn't remember the detail very much, but as far as I remember, the blood/energy sucking technique was used by Vampire Jian Luo San, while the teacher used other technique. It was the one with the skull and zombie hands (and ghosts/evil spirits, if I'm not mistaken. Should re-read that part to make sure). Anyway, the technique was quite scary, viscious, bloody and so not-wuxia.

And, yeah, Xiao Fan's weapon could also suck blood/energy. Yes,it was a cool move. Wasn't he use that again later against Li Xun, which then hurt the guy's hand ?

Of course, other fight that I'd like to see was Xue Qi's . I wanna see how powerful and magnificent her sword is.

Have you guys heard about the official broadcast date for Zhu Xian on Hunan? Mango entertainment weibo posted it last night with the date set to be on Sunday 7/31 at 10pm, so people are assuming it's airing only 2 eps a week. I'm not really sure but it's been causing quite a chaos on wb because 2 eps a week? with 50 eps that would take 6 months to finish airing the whole drama lol. I hope that's not the case. Tencent is still streaming it on 8/8 though, all a bit too confusing for me. I guess only when the drama actually airs, then we will know for sure lol.
    I thought that it was confirmed that the date would be August the 8th, wasn't it? I'm so happy if they air it sooner, BUT giving 2 episodes a week is a murder . It's better to air it on August 8th with at least 8 episodes a week, then *lol* . The more the better.

Anyway, this series was edited by the Author himself, right ? Is there any interview on him in weibo/other websites regarding how he thinks about the result ?
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 07-23-16 at 09:11 AM.

I just checked at the chines forums. Still premiers on 8th August. Maybe there is an earlier online release for paying viewers?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

You're right. It doesn't sound romantic either. Then again, usually in a drama, a hero/heroine changes love if the first love is a jerk or died *lol* . Biyao here is the same as dead, so I think it's still fine .

Regarding the 'fights', I'm someone who love the story and I root for the main leads. That's why I love it. If I don't love the leads, then I won't like the story since it should focus on them, right ? So, if I watch an adaptation, then of course I want it to represent the real story. Sadly,some people don't care about it and prefer to watch the actors/actresses that they love, while the story has to adjust to it . And producers nowadays don't really care about originality, unless if it will upset the fans. Lost Tomb is an example, and Jin Yong stories are another, whose fans are quite strong and demand for originality. Dunno about Zhu Xian, though. I heard that the novel is widely known in China and has many fans, is that true ?

Anyway, I also hope that there won't be any fanwars of the actresses. I'm not a fan of anyone, but I'm a fan of the novel . I don't think there's any use to fight over actresses here, since this is a Movie/Series forum, and not an Actress forum. I hope people realize this.
    Zhu Xian is one of the most popular xian xia novels in China. It has a hugeee fanbase, almost like a cult following for a long time now. So far the comments from book fans on the author's weibo have been positive. They're more tolerant towards the drama's changes than I originally thought. To top it off with all these popular idols starring in this drama, I believe it will be a guaranteed success no matter how it turns out.

Hmmm .. after a 2nd thought, I'd like to change my own opinion . I think there's a reason why Xue Qi and Biyao love Xiao Fan, even if he's ordinary looking. Then again, I couldn't find one for the other 2 girls. Anyway, this is like what happened to LOCH 94, when people said that Guo Jing was too handsome, more handsome than YK. For me, if it doesn't change/disturb the main plot of the original story, then I'll be fine with that, except for special cases (like ROCH 2014, where XLN was not the most beautiful of all, but people kept on praising her beauty wherever she went. That was just weird).

Anyway, I think the actor who played Jin Yu is not bad at all. But yeah, LYF is still better looking .
    Lol, i was just being shallow and trying to justify XF being a shuai ge, but i do know there were legitimate reasons why BY and LXQ fell in love with him. They all went through some life-and-death experiences together and XF really stepped up to protect these girls in time of need, so only fitting for them to grow an attraction towards him. As for Xiao Huan, it was more like a crush than actual love, although it was one crush that lasts really long lol. And well it's obvious who the last girl is :P, as she saw his struggle from trying to revive BY and at the same time having strong feelings towards LXQ but could not be together with her, it somewhat touched her. She admired his love for them and said something like how she simply wished for someone who would treat her just as good like that. I actually wasn't sure about her having romantic feelings towards him until Zhu Xian 2, because there was never any solid indication. The hint was even rarer than Xiao Huan, but it was pretty clear in book 2 and it was satisfying to finally have 'something' to justify my ship lol.

I didn't remember the detail very much, but as far as I remember, the blood/energy sucking technique was used by Vampire Jian Luo San, while the teacher used other technique. It was the one with the skull and zombie hands (and ghosts/evil spirits, if I'm not mistaken. Should re-read that part to make sure). Anyway, the technique was quite scary, viscious, bloody and so not-wuxia.

And, yeah, Xiao Fan's weapon could also suck blood/energy. Yes,it was a cool move. Wasn't he use that again later against Li Xun, which then hurt the guy's hand ?

Of course, other fight that I'd like to see was Xue Qi's . I wanna see how powerful and magnificent her sword is.
    Ah, so you were talking about XF's fight with the teacher. I was thinking about how he killed Jian Luo San, the one where he sucked all the bloond and energy off him until he's shrunk into a dry skeletal figure. XF also used his weapon like that couple times after, but nothing like how he did to Jian Luo San, so that one I really wanna see. And all the ones you mentioned too, and BY's flower technique thingy. Seriously Zhu Xian just has a lot of cool weapons and memorable techniques it's gonna be interesting to see how they play out.

Anyway, this series was edited by the Author himself, right ? Is there any interview on him in weibo/other websites regarding how he thinks about the result ?
    This series has different writers, but I heard the author also joined in the process of making changes to the drama, but he wasn't step by step involved with the drama plot. Haven't heard his feedback on the result yet.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I just checked at the chines forums. Still premiers on 8th August. Maybe there is an earlier online release for paying viewers?
    August 8th is online premiere date, I'm not sure about TV broadcast though, but atm it's July 31st according to Mango Ent. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Nega Foxツ; 07-23-16 at 11:53 PM.

Zhu Xian is one of the most popular xian xia novels in China. It has a hugeee fanbase, almost like a cult following for a long time now. So far the comments from book fans on the author's weibo have been positive. They're more tolerant towards the drama's changes than I originally thought. To top it off with all these popular idols starring in this drama, I believe it will be a guaranteed success no matter how it turns out.
    I see. As long as the main theme/course don't change, I'll be fine too. I've been wondering why Zhu xian hadn't had any adaptation before this. Probably because it was difficult to be portrayed with old technologies. The Jade Dynasty game has been released for a long time too, probably since 2009 or more. And I heard that Xue Qi was the no 1 top virtual idol *lol - whatever that is*

Lol, i was just being shallow and trying to justify XF being a shuai ge, but i do know there were legitimate reasons why BY and LXQ fell in love with him. They all went through some life-and-death experiences together and XF really stepped up to protect these girls in time of need, so only fitting for them to grow an attraction towards him. As for Xiao Huan, it was more like a crush than actual love, although it was one crush that lasts really long lol. And well it's obvious who the last girl is :P, as she saw his struggle from trying to revive BY and at the same time having strong feelings towards LXQ but could not be together with her, it somewhat touched her. She admired his love for them and said something like how she simply wished for someone who would treat her just as good like that. I actually wasn't sure about her having romantic feelings towards him until Zhu Xian 2, because there was never any solid indication. The hint was even rarer than Xiao Huan, but it was pretty clear in book 2 and it was satisfying to finally have 'something' to justify my ship lol.
    Well, you're not the only one who's shallow *lol* . I don't want Xiao Fan to be replaced by other actor for whatever reason .
    Anyway, Yeah, Xiao Fan is passive, but quite a gentleman. Perhaps this kinda guy attracts independent/lively girls .

Ah, so you were talking about XF's fight with the teacher. I was thinking about how he killed Jian Luo San, the one where he sucked all the bloond and energy off him until he's shrunk into a dry skeletal figure. XF also used his weapon like that couple times after, but nothing like how he did to Jian Luo San, so that one I really wanna see. And all the ones you mentioned too, and BY's flower technique thingy. Seriously Zhu Xian just has a lot of cool weapons and memorable techniques it's gonna be interesting to see how they play out.

Yeah, I've been talking about the teacher . Jiang Luo San's technique was scary, but the teacher's used a stranger one, so I'm just curious on how it will be portrayed. Oh, now I remember about Biyao's flower technique. That should be interesting too. Actually, I don't recall that she was using a short knife like what she used in the trailer. Should re-read her part, I must've missed it.

Yeah, Zhu Xian has a lot of interesting detail. That's why I once posted that it was like a mixture of XAJH and Harry Potter *lol* . I'm only at chapter 138, so there must be new things towards the ending. I'm sure that there's gotta be something about that 'black smoke' that fought with monk Puzhi. And there should be a story that's connected to the ancestors of Zhu Xian. Wait, don't tell me. I don't want any spoiler on this *lol* .

This series has different writers, but I heard the author also joined in the process of making changes to the drama, but he wasn't step by step involved with the drama plot. Haven't heard his feedback on the result yet.
    So, he hasn't said anything, huh ? Well, even if the result sucks, I don't think he will say anything either. Then again, like what you said, everything looked promising and well produced. For a grand production like this, and with the huge number of fanbase, I (want to) believe that they won't stray too much from the original story.

August 8th is online premiere date, I'm not sure about TV broadcast though, but atm it's July 31st according to Mango Ent. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I see, so the online premiere date is different with the TV broadcast.So, it should be available for online viewer on August 8th, right? I really hope that it won't be 2 episodes a week.

Anyway, I just want to post this. This is a trailer of the game who had been posted years ago. I think it's quite touching, and I wish that the series could portray the emotional scenes well too.
    Since it contains spoilers , I put it in a spoiler tag :

Last edited by luna_lucid; 07-24-16 at 07:19 AM.

[/QUOTE]

i have a question.... is this Zhu Xian related to the Fantasy Zhu Xian that Hu Ge, Tang Yan, and Liu Shi Shi did? JW

i have a question.... is this Zhu Xian related to the Fantasy Zhu Xian that Hu Ge, Tang Yan, and Liu Shi Shi did? JW
    I watched a bit of that clip, but the costumes and story seemed to be different. Biyao's trademark should be green, while Xue Qi should be white. I dont think that it was related, but I'm not sure since I dont understand the language.

Ok. Now officially 31st July. Hopefully they wont change it agaim. So excited.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Ok. Now officially 31st July. Hopefully they wont change it agaim. So excited.
    Wow! How many episodes will it be per week?