Thread: Why Xie Xun not expose Zhou Zhiruo earlier?

Default Why Xie Xun not expose Zhou Zhiruo earlier?

I don't know if this point has been brought up earlier but I think it doesn't make sense that Xie Xun didn't expose Zhou Zhiruo's crime on the island when he knew it all along. Initially it was because he was worried that they can't handle her as they lost their inner energy. But when they recovered, he still didn't do anything. This looks like a big loop hole in Jin Yong's plot.

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    I don't know if this point has been brought up earlier but I think it doesn't make sense that Xie Xun didn't expose Zhou Zhiruo's crime on the island when he knew it all along. Initially it was because he was worried that they can't handle her as they lost their inner energy. But when they recovered, he still didn't do anything. This looks like a big loop hole in Jin Yong's plot.
    Discussed before. But I can't remember the details.
    Wait for Ken to answer your question.
    Calling Ken, ken, ken.

He was going to do it earlier, but as he was about to, the God of Wuxia, Jin Yong himself, whispered into his ear: "I need you to delay this urge. It is necessary for my plot."

reference
    Last edited by PJ; 02-10-16 at 04:42 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

No one has any answers to this? It's strange that Jin Yong would leave a bloody big loop hole in his plot, no?

Quote Originally Posted by bteoh View Post
    No one has any answers to this? It's strange that Jin Yong would leave a bloody big loop hole in his plot, no?
    HSDS started out as a sound defensive structure. But early on in proceedings, JY decided it would be a good idea to build a loophole to allow defenders to fire arrows. Since there were still blind spots in the fire coverage, he added more loopholes. By the end, all these individual loopholes overlapped, making HSDS more loophole than wall.

So we have list of Plot holes in Jin Yong's stories yet?

Don't remember if it was ever confirmed Xie Xun figured it out on the island or if he figured it out after they got back on the mainland and then pieced everything together. Wuji for sure though did think something alone the lines of oh so he knew for sure, but that's just him thinking and it doesn't have to be true. XX surely heard the whole incident, but he might not have known exactly what was going on but once ZZR attacked him in the Beggar's Clan it was confirmed 100% what actually happened.

I remember HSDS 2000 addressed this issue by making him realize it when ZZR dropped the Emei ring which had a unique sound since it was the same stuff the heavy iron sword was made of, but I haven't read the novel in forever so I don't remember if that was the case in there as well, but I doubt it. Kudos for tvb for addressing it though.
    Last edited by tape; 02-12-16 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks. It's a pity Jing Yong didn't tidy up this little detail.

Default Why didn't Xie Xun tell ZWJ about Zhou's treachery after they've recovered?

Xie Xun practically knew about Zhou's treachery from the beginning and I can understand him not wanting to tell ZWJ while they both were recovering. However, one thing doesn't make sense. Why didn't Xie Xun exposed Zhou's treachery after they have completely recovered and gained back their internal strength?

A flaw on Jin Yong's part when it came to this part?

Quote Originally Posted by _Kenny_ View Post
    Xie Xun practically knew about Zhou's treachery from the beginning and I can understand him not wanting to tell ZWJ while they both were recovering. However, one thing doesn't make sense. Why didn't Xie Xun exposed Zhou's treachery after they have completely recovered and gained back their internal strength?

A flaw on Jin Yong's part when it came to this part?
    My explanation for that is even though Xie Xun knows about ZZR's ploy, he'd still rather ZWJ stays with her than Zhao Min for the sake of Ming Cult's rebellion against the Mongols or more personally, ZWJ's status of cult leader. Obviously, he knows if ZWJ stays with ZM, there's no way ZWJ can remain cult leader for long (and subsequent events proved that right).

Also, Xie Xun is by no means a righteous man like Zhang Cuishan so he'd be ok with the whole "end justifies meas" thing. It's when ZZR tries to murder him that he starts thinking "maybe this girl is waaaaay too crazy for Wuji to handle" and decides to expose her.