Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Xiao Feng pass on the dog beating stick technique to new Beggar Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: Sorry to hijack this thread for another Beggar Sect's skill: Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms.
    Anyone knows this skill after GJ?
    His son-in-law Yeh Lut Chai, though he was not nearly as well-accomplished in the technique as Gwok Jing was. The Beggar's Union Chief during the HSDS era, Shih For Lung, was only able to learn twelve of the fifteen palms.

Hong Qigong taught:
    - Guo Jing
    - a beggar member that i forget his name, H7G only taught him 1 stance

Guo Jing
    - Wu duo , maybe only 1-2 stances
    - Yelu Qi , learnt all 18 stances

Yelu Qi (the last person who learnt all 18 stances)
    - ???

Shi HuoLong (probably the last practitioner, 12 stances)

in the latest revision of novel, xiang long shiba zhang was no more hid alongside 9-yin

a_t, here's some write-up. http://wiki.mywuxia.com/index.php/Beggars_Clan According to it, XF is No. 6.
    well , i have doubt with that data, dont know where the wikia editor got the data from.
    people said the gap between end of DGSD and LocH is approximately 150 years, H7Q was 17th gen chief, so it's 12 generation difference to xiao feng , so its mean each generation only stand for average 12 years?

Thanks, Ken and a_t. Maybe I will start a new thread on the 18 Dragon Palms. Something does not seem right to me now.

OT: No, just realize that a_t actually clears my doubt. That "in the latest revision of novel, xiang long shiba zhang was no more hid alongside 9-yin", so this set of skills is lost come HSDS.

OT: No, just realize that a_t actually clears my doubt. That "in the latest revision of novel, xiang long shiba zhang was no more hid alongside 9-yin", so this set of skills is lost come HSDS.
    From the third edition of HSDS:

至於那部武學祕笈,則主要是一部《九陰真經》,再加上郭祖師外公黃島主的某些絕學、郭大俠夫婦的師父九指神 丐的精妙武功。

As for the martial arts section, it consists mostly of a 9 yin manual, plus a selection of ancestor Guo's father-in-law island master Huang's ultimate arts, the teacher of the Guo couple nine-fingered divine beggar's exquisite martial arts.

Although not explicitly stated, it seems likely that the 18 dragon palms would appear in a compilation of H7G's best arts (surely they wouldn't record the 'Carefree fist' instead!).

you re right, there is a chance that the skill was possibly 18 dragon subduing palms or any other HQG's martial arts, lets blame Jin Yong for removing 18 Dragon-subduing palms text and replace it with something blur.
    was it not enough to make us stress with the blur ending of flying fox?