Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Sword to Immortality(一剑飞仙)

Default OSI Chapter 18 Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon

Despite being the appointed representative to safeguard the isolated portal, Xu Liao still doesn’t know how the portal actually looks like. He had only been to the back of the house once, and this courtyard only had one exit, so he did not pay much attention to the mound before. If it wasn’t for Sun Bo Fang standing in front of it and caressing it, Xu Liao would definitely not give it another glance. Xu Liao looked at the hill for a while with a puzzled expression. Then he looked around and he tilted his head in confusion because he could not see the portal anywhere.

Sun Bo Fang noticed Xu Liao’s confusion. He chuckled and said:

“Do you wish to know about the origin of the Void world?”

Xu Liao laughed awkwardly and replied:

“Actually, I don’t have much curiosity to begin with, so I naturally wouldn’t want to know.”

Sun Bo Fang then just laughed and spoke with some ridicule in his voice.

“Heh. You are really interesting! But even if you are curious or not, I would still tell you. If you do not understand the origin of this demonic world, and died a wronged death, I would have lost a big chance. I dived right into the inner northern city to grab this opportunity and paid a big price for it; I will not squander it so easily.”

Xu Liao felt numb in his head and just merely gave a crooked smile.

“So, you want to tell me about the world whether I wish it or not?”

Sun Bo Fang nodded.

“The Undead Tree Blood pulse is extremely rare. The person who inherited it will be able to travel the three worlds. It can ignore all the forbidden spells and formations. So, only you with the Undead Tree Blood pulse will be able to enter this Void. If I could enter myself, why I would have spent all those efforts to rush here to the northern city and risk my life by killing the Storm Legion members and capture you alive?”

Xu Liao was really confused, but he knew that this is the start of something way above his league and would be bad if he lost his life in the process. He immediately activated the dark demonic energy and tried to escape by phasing into the ground.

Xu Liao knew that he could not defeat Sun Bo Fang, but he was confident in his dark demonic energy’s phasing ability. He did not try to escape early because he was afraid to provoke Sun Bo Fang, however at this point he had no choice left. If he didn’t escape, he would be forced to enter the so-called Void world. Although Xu Liao was not certain of what actually lies inside, but judging from Sun Bo Fang’s attitude, he knew that it would be very dangerous inside. The chance of his survival is close to none.

However, contrary to Xu Liao expectations, Sun Bo Fang did not do anything to stop Xu Liao, but instead he just laughed while staring at Xu Liao slowly sinking into the ground. Xu Liao suddenly let out a yell as he suddenly rebounded back up. Sun Bo Fang merely looked at him with a mocking expression and said:

“The entrance of this Void world has a very powerful forbidden spell. Even I can only enter this place with the help of the bronze key. Do you think that with your abilities, you could escape from here?”

Xu Liao dispersed his dark demonic energy and asked:

“Then why can the people from the Storm Legion enter? And didn’t you mention that I could travel between three worlds, ignoring the forbidden spells? So you were lying to me?”

Sun Bo Fang laughed loudly and explained:

“The bamboo door isn’t forbidden. It is only an illusion. The forbidden zone only applies to the area surrounding this mound. For now, you are just a mere sapling. The Undead Tree Blood pulse can travel between three worlds, ignoring all of the forbidden spells, but that only applies to those that have matured. A small brat like you who had only just awakened, it is simply not possible for you to break through the forbidden spells.”

Xu Liao’s eyes reddened with anger and spat.

“Anyway, you are just a liar! I will not believe you again!”

Sun Bo Fang was shocked slightly. “You are not afraid that I will kill you?”

Xu Liao let out a cold laugh and said with a resolute tone:

“Since I am going to die, what am I still afraid of?”

However, not only did Sun Bo Fang feel no anger, instead he gave a thumbs up towards Xu Liao and said:

“Very good! You are smart, and got guts. I really do not have any intention to kill you. If you can help me retrieve something from this Void world, not only I would let you go, but I would even give you some benefits.”

Xu Liao held no restraint in his demands now that he had openly failed to escape.

“Show me what benefits you have first!”

Sun Bo Fang whipped out a box from his pocket and tossed it over to Xu Liao.

“You want the benefit? Then I shall give you the benefit!”

The box is transparent. It had a rather simple design with no intricate curves or cuttings. Inside the box, there was a dark green coloured mantis, posing aggressively with his two sickles raised up high. Despite being only a small bug, it looked really pomp. On the back of the dark green coloured mantis, there are seven silver spots. The silver spots aren’t round, but almost similar to the shape of skulls.

Although the box looks rather plain, Xu Liao didn’t dare to accept the box. Judging from how Sun Bo Fang sent out all those black beetles to devour the men, this dark green mantis gave Xu Liao a sense of fear. He then asked with hesitation in his voice:

“What is this? Don’t tell me you’re going to release countless of mantises into my body and leave a trap to kill me any time you wish?”

Sun Bo Fang just shook his head and sighed.

“Why do I have to go through so much trouble just to kill you if I wanted to? I can just kill you by simply raising my hand. I spent more than ten years to cultivate this fighting beast, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. This demon is to be used together with the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing. Even if it is used by a newbie like you, it is good enough to overwhelm demons that are within two hundred years old.”

Xu Liao knit his brows in doubt as he looked at the small mantis. He then asked curiously.

“It knows the Praying Mantis Boxing? Absolutely wonderful. So how do I use this small bug for battles? Do I just throw it out and let it use its sickle to cut others? Just how useful can this little bug even be?”

Sun Bo Fang paused for a while and then laughed. He squashed the box with his palms and a ball of green light emerged from his palm. The ball of green light suddenly sped up and shot into Xu Liao’s chest even before he had the time to react.

Xu Liao’s body stiffened in fear as cold sweat broke out on his forehead. He didn’t know exactly what did Sun Bo Fang did to him. Just as Xu Liao activated his demonic energy to check his body, an emerald beam of light within his chest burst forth and formed a circular shaped screen in front Xu Liao.

This emerald screen doesn’t seem to exist physically. It looked like a projection, like a hologram, but the source could not be seen and it just floated in the air. It was truly a technological wonder. Then, suddenly a sweet voice rang in Xu Liao’s brain.

“Suitable host found. Activating Fight Beast Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. Loading Battle System… Loading Battle Intelligent Assistant System… Loading Life Protection System… Loading Demonic Energy Transformation Sequence… Loading Demonic Energy Growth Furnace… Loading Immortal Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing… …”

Lines of code flashed past onto the emerald screen projection. Over ten programs automatically installed on its own. It didn’t have any option to close, and Xu Liao could only look at them actively installing and loading.

After everything had completed loading, all the text on the screen suddenly went blank. A moment later, two lines of words appeared on the screen with a solemn explanation behind it…

Translated by Gary. Edited by Jason

Default Chapter 19 Fighting Beast

One of the two solemn lines explained about the attributes of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon.

The Seven Stars Mantis Demon is a fighting beast that is used specifically for the the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Fist. It supports the user by allowing them to rapidly cultivate this set of immortality boxing skills, removing various bottlenecks thus saving a lot of time needed for practice.

The other line explained about the attributes of the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Fist.

The Praying Mantis Fist is an ancient Xian fighting style. The technique is divided into four realms, “Luan Jie” defines the strength of the arms; “Beng Du” defines the agility and flexibility of body; “Ba Zhou” defines the constitution of the whole body; “Zhai Yao” links all of the realms together, and is the core of the boxing style.

Both instructions were shown on the screen for only a minute before gradually fading away. Then two large ancient seal characters formed on the emerald screen.

“Activation successful.”

(TL: In the raws, it forms the word “Qi Dong” which translates to” Activate”)

Xu Liao was rendered speechless by the technological functionality of this emerald projection. On the side, Sun Bo Fang simply swiped the screen left and right, and as if the projection had a touch sensor, the screen flickered and then lit brightly. After watching Sun Bo Fang closely, Xu Liao then understood that this ‘system’ was navigated by utilizing hand signals.

“Activation sequence ‘Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon’ completed. Commencing procedural Demonic energy transformation… …”

At this moment, the battle system within the fighting beast gathered Xu Liao’s demonic energy and automatically converted it into a purified, unique dark green form that the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon could utilize. On his back, a transparent edge, as sharp as a sword slowly appeared together with a ghostly form of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon that towered over three meters.

The ghostly form of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon is made up of a mixture of demonic energy and the profound aura of the fighting beast. A mighty and vicious vibe swirled around the fighting beast, the pair of sickles on each arm giving off a chilly radiance. If the beast stretches its sickles out, it could reach to about five meters long!

As Sun Bo Fang scanned through the data on the emerald projection, his eyes dimmed slightly. He shook his head and muttered to himself:

“What a shame! This demonic energy was worth over five hundred…. “

He then paused for a while before speaking with a firm but low voice:

“Begin adaptation to host!”

Xu Liao’s body then automatically displayed a set of kicks and punches. His movements were smooth and skilful. Even Xu Liao was afraid of himself when he saw what he could actually achieve. Both of his arms danced so gracefully as if he had practiced the skill a million times before. This was the Eight form of “Luan Jie”.

At the same time when Xu Liao was displaying his moves, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon was simultaneously mimicking his actions; the sickles slashed lightly and released a sword wave, slicing the nearby grass and even leaving a centimetre deep sword mark on the trunk of a huge tree.

The Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing coordination with the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon was extremely profound!

Xu Liao now silently understood why the battle system had stated that this style of kung fu is regarded as an ancient immortal boxing style. With the help of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, Xu Liao only required a few moments to grasp the secrets of the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing.

The Eight forms of “Luan Jie” is as follows:

Form one: Jie Shou Quan

Form two: Xian Shou Huan

Form three: Tie Mao Ci

Form four: Ye Chang Hua

Form five: Bi Mian Lei

Form six: Shuang Feng San

Form seven: Jing Chang Hua

Form eight: Ding Yang Chui

When connecting all forms together as a whole, the power multiplies!

Whenever Xu Liao swings his arms, each move slices the wind, producing a loud ripping sound. As he continued to practice, he rapidly gained enlightenment with each move and soon enough, he mastered the boxing style.

With the help of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, Xu Liao’s abilities improved outstandingly quickly. But once he reached the tenth cycle of practicing, his improvement speed significantly slowed down. And up till the fifteenth time, there was almost no visible improvements anymore. Xu Liao only managed to cultivate the first realm of “Luan Jie”, and had not reached the level of “Beng Bu”. Not to even mention about “Ba Zhou” and “Zhai Yao” realms that were even harder to cultivate.

Sun Bo Fang finally ended the practice when Xu Liao reached the twentieth cycle. When Xu Liao regained control of his body, he slumped onto the floor, his body drenched in sweat.

The fighting beast is not a tool meant for direct confrontation. It is considered to be sort of an assistance system that is able to manipulate the host’s spiritual or demonic energy to coordinate with the host’s battle techniques. If Xu Liao did not use the assistance system, he would require at least ten years to cultivate to his current level. Right now, however, he merely took a few minutes to master it.

A profound immortal boxing style such as the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing is common within the Eighteen Xian Faction. Most of the disciples of the Eighteen Xian Faction think that this boxing style doesn’t require tough cultivation and regarded tough cultivation techniques as a waste of time. With the Fighting Beast, the time taken to cultivate could be shortened by a vast amount.

Xu Liao was elated and he mused to himself:

“I never thought I would manage to master a style within such a short period of time! This Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon is really something! I totally didn’t expect that the Xian Faction’s techniques would be so strong, they could even nurture a demonic bug that could speed up anyone’s battle strength. I thought that the Million Demon Clan’s train station was already impressive enough, and not forgetting about the demon identification card. It is indeed that there will always be a mountain higher than the other! Amazing!”

Xu Liao could somehow manipulate the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon’s controls and changed it into an energy conservation state. The ghostly form on Xu Liao’s back gradually disappeared. In this state, Xu Liao can only make use of 30% of his battle strength, but only consumes 18% of his demonic energy compared to the original state.

Sun Bo Fang silent watched and then laughed.

“Now, I have given you the benefits, Now isn’t it your turn to help me?

Xu Liao stared at Sun Bo Fang, whom reminded him of his black beetles. He couldn’t help but shudder at the thought. Xu Liao dropped any idea of using the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing to deal a sneak attack on Sun Bo Fang. He unwilling sighed.

“Alright then. A deal is a deal. What do you need me to do?”

Sun Bo Fang then turned and looked at the mound with a gentle face. He shook his head lightly and said:

“This area of the Void world has an unusual origin. Even the Million Demon Clan could not explore it entirely and they blindly developed ….”

His voice trailed off slowly, but he shook his head once again.

“Never mind. I won’t tell you about these matters. I will need you to go inside and retrieve something. Besides, I don’t require it that soon. I only have this once chance, if you somehow perish inside, I don’t have any other alternatives left. From tomorrow onwards, I will help train you every day until you are able to release the true potential of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon.”

Xu Liao relaxed slightly after Sun Bo Fang mentioned that he didn’t have to leave immediately. Although he did not totally understand what kind of training he had to face, but it was already a hundred times better than entering a totally strange place and fight for his life.

Sun Bo Fang suddenly felt depressed. He tossed the bronze key over to Xu Liao and entered the bamboo house. As if it appeared out of thin air, a jar appeared in his hands and poured himself a drink. He then tapped lightly on the window of the bamboo house and shouted:

“There is nothing more for you today. From tomorrow onwards, remember to come over after school. If I don’t see you here, I will kill your whole family, all your teachers and your classmates. Whatever happens depends on you.”

Xu Liao felt a chill down his back. Sun Bo Fang said that casually, as if he was joking. But Xu Liao witnessed how Sun Bo Fang killed the Storm Legion while smiling. This disciple of the Longevity Sect is ruthless. Killing someone can be as simple as breathing. Xu Liao felt that if he did not appear for training, Sun Bo Fang would really kill his family, teachers and classmates.

Xu Liao thought to himself angrily:

“Damn! One of these days I will become stronger and beat this ******* up!”

Of course, Xu Liao could only imagine about it while he made his way towards his home.

Upon reaching home, Xu Liao finished his dinner and sat in silence. After a long consideration, he made up his mind.

Translated by Gary. Edited by Jason.

Default Chapter 20 Stars Devouring Formula

Xu Liao had initially chosen to cultivate the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill because he felt that the inheritance from the Golden Godly Demon was stronger, but not soon after he made that decision, he met Sun Bo Fang who was ruthless and forced him to enter the strange world. Because of that, Xu Liao felt that he needed to improve his abilities quickly in order to protect his life.

The Ten-Coloured Flower Vines that devoured almost all of the ‘meteors’ has thicker strands of dark demonic energy when compared with than the Mysterious demonic energy. Even if the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill cannot be compared with the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill in terms of power, the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill is currently more suitable for Xu Liao due to the demand for faster cultivation.

(ED: Mysterious Demonic Energy is referring to the energy from the Golden Godly Demon.)

Xu Liao closed his eyes and concentrated on his diaphragm. Due to his special blood pulse inheritance, mastering the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill wouldn’t take too long. The path to mastery for the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill is different from the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill. There were twelve meridians to cultivate before one can train in the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill. However, for the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, there are eight extraordinary pulses that has no direct relations with the twelve meridians at all! The first step is to allow the demonic energy to circulate in the body by opening the legendary Ren and Du pulses.

Sweat fell from his forehead as Xu Liao tried to concentrate even harder. He led the thick dark demonic energy that burst out from the diaphragm into the vertebrae, smashing through the Yu Zhen, Bai Hui and up towards his forehead.

Just when the dark demonic energy grazed past the golden metallic thread hidden between his eyebrows, an abnormal reaction occurred!

The golden metallic thread lay dormant for a long time, but when it detected that the dark demonic energy, it suddenly burst forth with a powerful aura, as if a giant creature that was hibernating for a thousand years suddenly awoke.

“Oh no!” Xu Liao shouted in his mind.

He didn’t expect that the golden metallic thread would be so aggressive. Cultivating the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill requires opening up the Ren and Du pulse. It had no choice but to pass through the points in between the eyebrows. Xu Liao clenched his teeth and continuously forced the dark demonic energy through.

“Let’s see how much you can swallow! Once you had your fill, I can continue to cultivate the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill!”

The golden metallic thread between his brows was absorbing the dark demonic energy as if it was a never ending black hole. No matter how much dark demonic energy Xu Liao forced into it, they were all consumed without any signs of stopping.

No one knew how much time had passed, and the demonic energy had been devoured up to seventy percent. The dark core within the diaphragm was shriveling and almost completely dried up, as if it was on the verge of cracking into pieces. At this moment, the golden metallic thread had sudden change. It was still swallowing the dark energy; however it began to release strands of darkness out.

All these strands of darkness contained countess of profound golden stars that spread out in the darkness, just like the stars in a starry night sky.

The new dark demonic energy released from the golden metallic thread slowly returned to the diaphragm. The dark core within the diaphragm absorbed the dark demonic energy as if it was devouring a huge nutritious meal. Suddenly, the dark core spun quickly and became huge, all the cracks was filled up completely with the dark demonic energy. As the dark core spun faster and faster, the dark demonic energy it emitted became even more dense, layer by layer, it released the energy back to the golden metallic thread.

The dark demonic energy finally opened a path of circulation. Xu Liao’s speed of cultivation of the Heavenly Demon Purgatory was absolutely monstrous.

At that moment when the cycle was completed, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon suddenly grew active and suddenly shot out an emerald projection in the shape of a ring. The ring expanded to a width about twice of of Xu Liao’s, undulating back and forth.

It had detected the wave of demonic power within Xu Liao and automatically activated the life protection program that proceeded to scan his body.

Scanned results: No abnormalities!

Sudden growth spikes detected within Hosts’ demonic power.

Requesting connection to outer site …

Connection to outer site failed.

A demonic power level chart then popped up in the emerald projection. Xu Liao’s initial demonic power level rating shown on the emerald projection was 518. After the golden metallic thread swallowed the dark demonic energy, the demonic power level dropped to 175. However, once the cycle was completed between the golden metallic thread and the dark core, the demonic power level jumped straight over 1200, and there are still signs of increment!

The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon could not detect any anomalies other than the sudden surge of demonic power, and it didn’t make any other changes as Xu Liao’s life wasn’t in danger.

But what Xu Liao didn’t know was that while the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon was scanning his data, it was attempting to send out the data as well.

After the evolving the golden metallic thread, his whole body felt blissful and calm. He felt joyful that the cultivation of the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill was quicker than expected. Once the path had opened, the dark demonic energy rushed to the Dai pulse. The Dai pulse passes through the waist. Out of the eight extraordinary pulses and the legendary twelve meridians, there are a total of twenty pulse points, and the smallest point is the Dai pulse.

All this while, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon was constantly scanning the host’s demonic power, which was still bursting upwards. Once the dark demonic energy passed through the eight extraordinary pulses, the demonic power level was already a shocking 2700!

Xu Liao was totally engrossed in his cultivation that he did not notice the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon automatic activation. When Xu Liao emerged from his cultivation, the emerald ring had long ago hid itself, and the fighting beast did not seem to have made any changes.

However, Xu Liao, at this moment had his full attention on another matter!

Once the eight pulses had been released, the dark core started to have weird changes. Within the dark core, several ancient black runes that emerged from the walls of the core floated around and slowly formed a formula.

<<Stars Devouring Formula>> !

The Stars Devouring Formula of the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill!

… … … … … …

After school, Xu Liao made his way to the Huai Demon Street. He felt uneasy because he didn’t know what kind of harsh training Sun Bo Fang would prepare for him.

The night before, Xu Liao went through an intensive cultivating session and mastered his Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, receiving a new formula <<Stars Devouring Formula>>. But even before he had the chance to try it out, the sky had already turned bright. Xu Liao estimated that even though he had broke through and mastered the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, he was not strong enough to go against the disciples of the Longevity Sect. Hence he did not try to escape and continued to follow what he was supposed to do.

Even until now, Xu Liao did not realize that his demonic powers had grew more than five times!

When Sun Bo Fang saw Xu Liao arrive, he pointed to the front of the mound. There was a circular formation formed by stones on the ground.

“Stand inside!” Sun Bo Fang said in a low voice.

Xu Liao was confused and asked.

“What training is this?”

“You will know soon!”

Sun Bo Fang let out a laugh and chanted.

Xu Liao immediately felt an ominous presence. He slowly turned his head around, staring at the mound. Cracks started to show on the surface of the mound with dark green light emerging from the cracks. The moment the mound exploded, a gust of cold air rushed past Xu Liao, followed by a deafening roar from within the dark hole. Then, a large red haired monster slowly climbed out from the hole.

This red haired monster looked as if it was a half man half beast, with shriveling dried skin like a zombie that had already perished for many years. It had a height of more than three metres, razor sharp teeth and skin like the bark of an old tree. It was even scarier than what Xu Liao could imagine.

Translated by Gary. Edited By Jason

Default Chapter 21 Turning The Tides

When Xu Liao saw the monstrous figure, his face paled. He didn’t think twice and started running. However, when he tried to pass the formation of stones, an unknown force repelled him back. The formation of stones formed an invisible wall that was also resilient to attacks. Xu Liao tried to break the formation forcefully but gave up after a few times. It was then he understood how profound this circle created by Sun Bo Fang was.

Sun Bo Fang waved his hand casually and the hole in the mound disappeared. Then he said in a relaxed tone:

“This red haired monster originated from the isolated Void World. Your special mission today is to – Kill it!!”

Before Xu Liao could reply, the red haired monster suddenly charged at him. Xu Liao tried his best to dodge by leaping to the side and barely escaped the furious slashes by the monster. With the circle formation active, Xu Liao didn’t have any chance of escaping, and could only run within the formation. Similarly, the monster could not step out of the formation either, and so it continued to chase after Xu Liao. The monster seemed to ignore Sun Bo Fang who was inside the formation as well.

“WHAT? Kill it? Are you out of your mind!? How on earth am I supposed to kill it!” Xu Liao shouted at the top of his voice.

Sun Bo Fang just laughed and said:

“I even gave you the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon as a gift, and if you can’t even manage to kill this red haired monster, you can forget about lasting even a minute within the Void world and might as well die here. If you were to perish inside, those ferocious monsters would not even leave your body intact. “

At this moment, he immediately activated the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon to its maximum output. The red haired monster continuously slashed at him but with the power of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, Xu Liao managed to dodge and deal a counterattack.

Blade waves that are larger by at least half a meter than before ripped through the air, leaving a visible wound on the body of the monster. However, the monster merely flinched slightly and continued charging towards Xu Liao. Xu Liao was innately shocked; he didn’t realize that his strength had increased by almost five times!

Xu Liao had made a few leaps in power from cultivating the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill. His demonic power level increased to 2700, and the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon amplified the demonic energy to increase the power by another twenty to thirty percent! This made Xu Liao’s combat ability unmatched.

Xu Liao felt like something was stange due to his sudden spike in power, but had not realized that he actually was five times stronger.

“Uppercut!”

The blade wave sliced the red haired monster, but this time, there was just a nick on the monster’s skin. Xu Liao started to panic slightly because he didn’t know how to even injure this monster and ended up nearly being bitten. In this state, even with the help of the fighting beast, he could not display the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing.

Sun Bo Fang shook his head while watching and sighed.

“All demonic monsters have thick skin and flesh. You need to locate their weak spot, then you can kill them.”

Xu Liao listened to Sun Bo Fangs tip while dodging the monster. He was somewhat doubtful because he didn’t trust him fully yet.

“The blade waves are like killer maces, and one can only use it at the critical moment. If everyone uses it the way you do, how long do you think their demonic energy can last? Maybe after three times you will start to realize that you’re losing your battle strength. Do not think that you can constantly release blade waves as strong as yesterday continuously. It is because the demonic energy in your body that was stored for a long time was suddenly being released. “

Sun Bo Fang had realized that Xu Liao’s demonic energy was much stronger than yesterday. But in his mind he thought that Xu Liao was giving his full potential because he was placed in a deadly situation and did not suspect one bit that Xu Liao had cultivated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill.

Xu Liao found it strange that Sun Bo Fang warned him that his powers might wane if he uses it too many times, but instead, he found them growing stronger and felt that even releasing ten more blade waves wouldn’t be an issue. On the exterior, Xu Liao just acted as if he didn’t hear anything.

Sun Bo Fang thought that Xu Liao would be losing his demonic energy very soon. But in this dire situation, not only did Xu Liao not run out of demonic energy, but he was even more active in dodging and attacking.

At this point, Xu Liao had already released twenty to thirty blade waves. He started to realize a pattern in the red haired monster’s defences. Whenever the blade wave was about to hit the body, the monster did not bother to block, but when Xu Liao aimed for the back of the neck, the monster would use both of its claws to guard.

“The back of the neck must be its weakness, I should strike from there.” Xu Liao mused to himself.

Although Xu Liao had finally found the weak spot, he knew that the monster also realized that its weak spot was discovered. Thus, it became even more careful and not giving Xu Liao a chance to attack. There was even a few times when the monster tried to use its weak spot as a bait to try and kill Xu Liao.

At the side, Sun Bo Fang had been watching intently. He then sighed and shook his head because Xu Liao had wasted so many chances. Xu Liao had been using his demonic energy continuously carelessly and thought that Xu Liao lost the chance to turn the tables around.

“…This brat’s battle experience is near zero. His ability to adapt is too weak… Looks like he will need a stronger and higher intensity of training. I can’t linger too long at the Huai Demon Street, the chances of revealing my identity is higher. I can’t waste any more time.”

However, just as Sun Bo Fang concluded that Xu Liao would lose this battle, Xu Liao gathered the emerald demonic energy and spread it throughout his whole body. His whole body became shrouded in darkness, and then he jumped towards the monster.

This was the first time Xu Liao went face to face with the red haired monster!

With a face full of confidence, Xu Liao gave a high speed punch to the monster, and because of the demonic energy, the punch sank into the monster’s brain without any resistance. The monster roared in anger and countered by slashing at Xu Liao’s body with its claw. But due to the dark shroud encompassing Xu Liao, he wasn’t hurt at all.

Xu Liao had an relaxed expression on his face, and he even gave a victory sign to Sun Bo Fang.

He red haired monster collapsed onto the ground, twisting and writhing around in pain. It howled and glared at Xu Liao as if it could kill with its gaze. However, soon, its brain suddenly bulged and expanded before exploding into a bloody mess all over.

Xu Liao used all of his remaining energy in his last exchange with the monster. He lay panting on the floor, not even wanting to move his fingers. But he didn’t bother covering the proud smile he had on his face. He had fought with the red haired monster in a life and death situation and won! To a newbie, this was a terrifying experience. His thighs and arms couldn’t stop shaking, but it wasn’t due to fatigue, but rather it was due to fright.

Witnessing the scene, Sun Bo Fang was shocked till he didn’t know what to say. He had already concluded that Xu Liao could not turn the tables, yet Xu Liao had defeated the red haired monster in a single blow. Of course Sun Bo Fang would not keep this question in his heart, after calming down, he asked Xu Liao:

“How did you kill the red haired monster in a single blow?”

Xu Liao cheekily laughed: “It’s a trade secret!”

“If you don’t tell me, I will summon another monster. Then I will be sure to find out your secret.”

Default Chapter 22 Sealing The Demonic Power Source

“Why must you be so inhumane? All right! I will just say it!” Xu Liao broke out in a sweat and replied hastily.

Despite being somewhat forced, he still proudly explained his abilities to Sun Bo Fang.

“My blood pulse ability allows me to manipulate an object with my demonic energy and make it intangible. The punch just now wasn’t strong, I just merely held a stone in my hand and left it in the head of the monster. After that, I pulled my hand out… and then you saw what happened next. Its brain went ‘Boom!’”

Sun Bo Fang knew that Xu Liao awakened to the Undead Tree blood pulse, but he didn’t expect that he would use the demonic energy on himself, killing the red haired monster with such an unexpected trick.

Sun Bo Fang couldn’t help but laugh. This kind of trick was totally new to him. The disciple of the Longevity Sect gave a thumbs up.

“You could even think of this trick, I have to say that you are quite smart!”

Xu Liao smiled cheekily like a little boy, but his expression darkened when he heard Sun Bo Fang’s next sentence.

Sun Bo Fang waved his hand towards Xu Liao and commanded:

“Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon! Seal the demonic energy source of the host!”

An emerald ring shaped projection once again formed in front of Xu Liao. The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon obeyed Sun Bo Fang’s command and changed the sealed Xu Liao’s source of demonic energy by altering the manipulation of demonic energy in his body.

Xu Liao tried to force the dark demonic energy to shroud himself but to no avail. Even though he could control the dark demonic energy within his body, he could no longer release them out of his body. Whatever energy that tries to leave the body were converted into a greenish emerald energy stream. Xu Liao gritted his teeth in anger, he also felt a little fear because the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon within him could be controlled by Sun Bo Fang.

What made Xu Liao wary wasn’t because Sun Bo Fang could command the fighting beast, in fact he would be surprised if Sun Bo Fang had no control over the beast at all. But what Xu Liao feared was that the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon could seal his demonic energy, this made him even more wary about the beast even though he did not fully trust it in the beginning.

Xu Liao furrowed his brow asked in a low tone.

“..What is the meaning of this?”

Sun Bo Fang just laughed.

“This is for your own good. The Undead Tree blood pulse natural abilities that allow you to pass through all matter will get you into trouble if you ever meet a monster that could disrupt your energy source. For example, a singled eyed ghost. If you used the same trick you used against the red haired monster, you’ll be killed.”

Xu Liao was slightly shocked. He knew that his dark demonic energy could not possibly pass through everything out there, just like when he tried to phase into the ground before. However, he did not know that there was a monster that could read his ability to pass through matter. He would be in deep trouble if he were to meet that monster.

But what Sun Bo Fang did was not entirely out of good will. It was to dampen Xu Liao’s spirit and make Xu Liao fear him.

The Undead Tree blood pulse is very special. The number of demonic monsters that could control the Undead Tree blood pulse isn’t many. Thus, Xu Liao would probably have no chance to meet a demonic monster that could overcome his blood pulse abilities.

After the battle, the demonic energy within Xu Liao’s body seemed to be increasingly active. The battle had used up at most ten to twenty percent of his demonic power. Xu Liao closed his eyes, sat down and slowly circulated the dark demonic energy within his body through the extraordinary eight pulses. Soon, he recovered most of his demonic energy, and his physical strength also recovered by a lot. His hands and legs were no longer tired. His muscles stopped shaking. In just a mere half an hour, he replenished all of the lost energy.

Sun Bo Fang patiently waited for Xu Liao to recover his power, then plainly said:

“You used a trick for the battle just now so the battle for today wasn’t counted. You still have to defeat one more demonic monster.”

“WHAT!?”

Xu Liao’s eyes snapped open and jumped up almost immediately.

“Did you know that I almost died!? If I was not smart enough to use the Undead Tree blood pulse abilities to recover my powers, I would have panted to death. Moreover, my demonic power source have been sealed by you, so you want me to fight another monster now? How is it possible for me to defeat another demonic monster?” Xu Liao yelled in displeasure.

Sun Bo Fang did not say anything and proceeded to chant. Soon enough, the mound burst open once again and within ten minutes, another demonic monster slowly crawled out from the dark hole.

The second monster is covered with coarse jet black hair, with two protruding horns on its head. It’s body shape was similar to a bear, yet it is as huge as an elephant. It also had a ferocity greater than the red haired monster.

Xu Liao was so furious that he used all the ugly words that he knew. His previous strategy would not work now because his ability had been sealed. Of course, this made his confidence level drop, but since there was no point complaining in a life or death situation, he just gritted his teeth and braced himself for battle.

Sun Bo Fang wasn’t angry at all. He just laughed and said:

“Since you have the strength to curse, why not you use it to think of how to battle!”

When the second battle began, a similar scene played out on the field. Xu Liao was being chased by the black haired monster all around the circle once again.

“Damn it!! This Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon is totally useless now, even the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing is so weak…. How do I even defeat this monster?”

Xu Liao’s “strongest” killing technique – ‘Blade Waves’ was totally useless on the black haired monster. At least when he used it on the red haired monster, visible cut marks could still be seen, but now, the attack seemed to just bounce off the skin of the black haired monster. Xu Liao silently cursed his luck today.

Sun Bo Fang laughed as he looked at Xu Liao ‘energetically’ running for his life. He silently thought to himself:

“This brat doesn’t have any talent for battles, however, he can be considered to have potential. Even after experiencing one terrifying battle, and not obtaining much experience from it, he seems to not be afraid of the second battle.”

Xu Liao tried to activate his dark demonic energy for a few times, but every time the demonic energy surfaced from his body, they turned into greenish emerald light stream. He could only give up on this idea.

In this desperate situation, he once again thought of using the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill!

He had cultivated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill happily yesterday, without the intention of cultivating the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill. But the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill had swallowed the dark demonic energy greedily without a care in the world, so Xu Liao guessed that the ability must have grown by a lot.

At this desperate moment, the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill indeed did not disappoint. The demonic energy started flowing faster into the bladder and spleen meridians, enhancing his physical strength by thirty percent!

The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon only could seal the dark demonic energy, so the demonic energy from the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill was totally unaffected.

Xu Liao suppressed the demonic energy from the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill and hid it under the greenish emerald energy emitted from his body. He pushed the energy and condensed it into his palm as he rushed to the side of the demonic monster.

Since the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon blade waves could not even scratch the black haired monster, Xu Liao didn’t have a choice but to risk revealing his Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill and use all of his hidden cards.

Once Xu Liao was in melee range, using the black hair monster to block Sun Bo Fang’s view, he released the condensed demonic energy stored in his palm and smashed towards the black haired monster’s eye….

Default Chapter 23 Breaking Through The Limits

For the next month, Xu Liao had been busy with mainly two things. The basketball club activities was one, and the other was the special training with Sun Bo Fang.

His basketball club activities was easy. Xu Liao had been constantly tempering his body every day and had reached a level that no normal human can achieve. Comparing to the hellish training by Sun Bo Fang, the basketball practice was nothing.

As for the training from Sun Bo Fang, every day he had to go through the same thing over and over again. Sun Bo Fang would just summon an unknown type of monster from the Void world and let Xu Liao battle with it.

On the first day of training, Sun Bo Fang summoned two monsters consecutively because Xu Liao had used his dark demonic energy to defeat the first monster. Compared to the first monster, the black haired monster was more ferocious and had tougher skin. It chased Xu Liao around the formation and inflicted various injuries on Xu Liao. If not for Xu Liao’s quick thinking in revealing his hidden cards, Xu Liao might have died.

Every time during the special training, Sun Bo Fang would only laugh and sit at the side while observing. From the start to end, he didn’t have any intentions to intervene. Xu Liao felt that Sun Bo Fang was not worried about him getting killed at all, which made Xu Liao trust in him drop even further.

However, no matter how Xu Liao disliked Sun Bo Fang, all these battle experiences slowly shaped Xu Liao into a decent warrior.

For the time Xu Liao had stayed in the courtyard, there strangely wasn’t any demons that wanted to find trouble with him due to his blood pulse. Neither the Million Demon Clan nor the residents of the Huai Demon Street found out that he was together with a human cultivator. Moreover, there are even times when Sun Bo Fang dropped by Zhao Yan Qin’s house to purchase a few buns. Zhao Yan Qin’s parents were kind as always, even to Xu Liao, as if he was a usual patron. Xu Liao knew that Sun Bo Fang did something to conceal his identity but didn’t know what was it exactly.

The demons in Huai Demon Street are much physically stronger than the average humans, the whole street seemed to know each other very well, much like a close-knit community. As long one is familiar with a few people, soon enough the whole street will know about each other.

Xu Liao had been visiting for some time, and all the residents started to recognize him. They greeted each other sincerely whenever they crossed paths. This made Xu Liao feel that he had been living here for years.

*wooosh*

Xu Liao released his aura as he activated his Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing. The full power of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis demon broke out into an array of aggressive blade waves which sliced through the air towards the front.

The special training for the day was seven monsters with rows of huge fangs. It was the hardest fight Xu Liao had faced so far.

The monsters looked similar to a wolf, however, their body was almost as large as a bull. When they opened their mouth, four or five rows of sharp teeth bared itself towards Xu Liao, with thick black gooey saliva dropping from the edges.

According to Sun Bo Fang, all those monsters thrown at Xu Liao for training were actually useless trash when compared to Sun Bo Fang. Even if these ‘trash’ were fed to his black beetles as snacks, the beetles would just ignore it.

Of course Xu Liao felt the total opposite. For the past month he had fought with forty to fifty monsters. He knew exactly what these ‘useless trash’ monsters were capable of. Just any one monster is strong enough to kill an entire American special forces team.

At the side, Sun Bo Fang lay on a foldable beach chair, casually enjoying sipping his wine while playing music on a Bluetooth speaker. The music being played was a very relaxing song… which contrasted against the life and death scene that was playing before him.

Sun Bo Fang then casually shouted towards Xu Liao who was in the middle of the battle.

“The Seven Stars Praying Mantis is on the verge of a breakthrough, so I am giving you extra experience with these seven monsters. If you can survive, you might then have a chance to help me retrieve the thing I wanted.”

Xu Liao’s mood was as dark as the dark clouds on a rainy day. He was really tempted to give Sun Bo Fang the Finger and scold him.

“F*!! Sun Bo Fang you bastard!! You just wait!”

Of course, Xu Liao hadn’t reached the point of losing his sanity. So he just gritted his teeth together and swallowed his anger.

Up until now, Xu Liao was still able to survive the harsh training. Half was due to the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, and the other half was due to Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill and the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill. Xu Liao had long forgotten his initial intention to cultivate both skills to the same level because of the lack of freedom in his situation. Both of these skills have their own difficulty and toughness, so he would not be able to do it with such a tight schedule.

Due to this, the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill was being cultivated at a godlike rate because it was easier.

For the past month, not only did he open up the extraordinary eight pulses, he had additionally mastered opening the twelve meridians, allowing the demonic power the flow through his entire body. Sometimes he could even break through the restriction made by the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon.

The improvement of the Nine Mysterious Skill was much slower in comparison. Opening the twelve meridians took seven to eight days; it was much slower than the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill.

But this didn’t mean that the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill was weak. Even one bit of improvement would be reflected on the physical body. Just by improving the Nine Mysterious Strengthening Skill a little, Xu Liao’s physical abilities shot up drastically. His running speed improved from like a normal junior high school student into a cheetah. His reactions were so fast that he could tap the ground seven times while dropping an eraser and catching it before it touches the ground. Additionally, Xu Liao’s bodily coordination and flexibility had reached an incredible stage, he could easily produce moves wasn’t inferior to any yoga master. His strength seemed to have improved by five times, even comparable to some of the weaker demonic monsters.

Even more, not only mentioning about how much Xu Liao’s cultivation had increased, his battle ability had also improved greatly at the same time. But even so, facing seven monsters with huge fangs was a little too much for Xu Liao. At this point of time, he knew clearly that no matter how hard he tried to protest against Sun Bo Fang, there will no other alternative other than to defeat them.

When the seven monsters climbed out of the hole, they seemed to be a slight daze, moving around unsteadily and shaking its head as if trying to wake itself up.

Though Xu Liao wanted to grab this opportunity to kill at least one or two, he noticed that the seven monsters were closely packed together. Even if Xu Liao managed to kill one of them, the rest of them might have the chance to surround him. Xu Liao could only give up the thought of going for a sneak attack. He then circled around the monsters, looking for another opening.

Having undergone so many rounds of ‘special training’ from Sun Bo Fang, Xu Liao had gone through countless times of near death experiences, this made his battle experience and senses sharp. He knew that in this situation he had to maintain a gap in order not to get encircled by them.

One of the strongest monster of the pack recovered from its daze faster than the rest. It shook its head slightly and spotted Xu Liao in the distance. It made a huge howl and leaped towards Xu Liao, opening its huge jaws that could crush a truck.

Xu Liao gave confident grin and tensed his body, preparing for a lethal strike.

This lone monster had separated from the pack, and it gave Xu Liao a chance for a one on one situation. Taking a step back, he then used his right foot to propel himself forward, creating a dust cloud behind him. Xu Liao’s silhouette flashed by and twisted his body to drop below body of the monster, squeezing in between the legs, just under its belly.

At that instant, Xu Liao pointed his arm towards the belly. The demonic energy transformed into blade waves, which slashed ruthlessly on the softest spot on the monster’s belly…

Default Chapter 23 (Part 2) Breaking Through The Limits

Chapter 23 Part 2

Breaking Through The Limits

The monster with the huge fangs howled in pain. It landed unsteadily and stared at its belly, finding bits of internal organs hanging out from a gaping hole.

Xu Liao had been facing ferocious monsters every single day and he was no longer considered a rookie. From the first time he battled the red haired monster until now, he became much more experienced. When there was a risk with great reward, he would give it a shot. Just as he was about to praise himself for a job well done in taking the risk, he heard vibrations in the air rapidly approaching above his head. He gnashed his teeth together and twisted his body forcefully to the side, barely dodging the strike.

The ground behind Xu Liao swirled with sand and dust as another similar monster with huge fangs landed, creating a huge shockwave upon missing the fatal attack. The monster then gave a deafening roar which could even shake the ground.

During the time taken for Xu Liao to dodge the monster, there were additional two more monsters charging forward towards him. Xu Liao had almost no time to react, when he landed onto the ground after dodging the first monster, the next attack came almost immediately. This time, he lowered his body near to the ground and flexibly threw himself to the side as he retreated.

Although Xu Liao managed to dodge the attack from one of the monster, the other one managed to slash his shoulder. Even though he had managed to fatally injure one of the monsters, the very next attack left him with a deep wound on his shoulder.

Just a few short seconds, Xu Liao had returned from death twice.

The monsters were brutally bloodthirsty. Xu Liao’s injury emitted the fresh smell of blood in the air, and it made the remaining monsters eyes bloodshot as they grew into a frenzy with the lust for blood. This caused them to feel no fear as they continuously slashed and bite at Xu Liao without restraint.

As for Xu Liao, after being injured on the shoulder, Xu Liao was put into a disadvantageous situation. His counterattacks had no strength in them anymore. The situation was grim, he could be torn into pieces any time if he made a mistake and if it wasn’t for the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon’s life protection system which aids in controlling Xu Liao’s body to stop the loss of blood, his situation would be a lot worse.

Sun Bo Fang was still as relaxed as ever. He didn’t give any attention to the deadly situation and continued to drink his wine while enjoying the music, tapping his fingers to the rhythm on the edge of the chair.

“Haha! This brat got more potential then I imagined. According to my predictions, he should only be able to fully master the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon after about half a year, yet he did it in more than a month. This is really surprising!” Sun Bo Fang laughed.

Sun Bo Fang waved his hand and casually said:

“Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, unseal the hosts’ demonic energy source!”

Xu Liao had been bitterly struggling for more than ten minutes, and he was thoroughly exhausted. Sun Bo Fang’s command to unseal the demonic energy source was at the right time. Without delay, Xu Liao circulated the dark demonic energy throughout his body and invoked the returned power.

One of the monsters took the opportunity and swiped its huge claws at Xu Liao’s head but it went right through, as if the attack was made against water, leaving no trace of any injuries at all.

Slowly, one versus one, one versus two, Xu Liao started to gain an edge over the monsters due to his ability. Even if it was one versus three, Xu Liao had a few opportunities. However, he still could not fight them all at once recklessly.

Xu Liao knew that the monsters could do nothing against him when he used his dark demonic energy ability, thus, he took this chance to catch his breath by lying down on the ground. At this point, the monsters were frenziedly trying to take Xu Liao’s life by scratching, biting, head butting but it only made them more furious because none of their attacks could hit Xu Liao who was just ignoring them.

Xu Liao’s dark demonic energy can pass through all matter, and at the same time any matter can pass through it. This ability, no matter how powerful the opponent was, pure physical attacks would not affect him the slightest.

Sun Bo Fang stared at Xu Liao for more than ten minutes and started laughing loudly. He then casually released a small little black beetle.

As Xu Liao was using his Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill to heal from his injuries, he suddenly sensed a dangerous aura. He turned his head and spotted the black beetle flying and entering the dark demonic energy emitted from his body. Xu Liao shot up in shock. He had seen Sun Bo Fang’s moves before, the black beetle was born to devour spirits and the dark demonic energy had no chance of guarding at all.

Xu Liao immediately jumped up into the air. The demonic energy on his body turned dark green, then the demonic energy as sharp as a blade swirled and twisted together with the black beetle that had already latched onto his skin, forming into a black pulp.

Sun Bo Fang laughed out loud: “You had enough rest and its time to battle. My special training isn’t for you to slack.”

“Son of a… …”

Xu Liao muttered and cursed as he slashed with both of his hands and blade waves of emerald energy collided with a monster jumping from behind. Although he had managed to somewhat heal, his energy wasn’t strong enough to repel the attack and flew backwards from the impact. Luckily, Xu Liao’s body was strengthened to the level where normal humans could never reach. He balanced his body in mid air and did a somersault to dodge another attack from a different monster.

Soon enough, Xu Liao got into another tough fight… …

Xu Liao was now panting loudly. He felt that he had used up every last bit of energy, and every last bit of blood had already drained. He had forgotten how long he had struggled with the monsters. The battle seemed to be never ending.

….

Both of his eyes reflected two silhouettes of monsters jumping towards him with their fangs bared. Xu Liao clenched his teeth together and used every inch of energy as he raised his arms up to defend against the attack.

Xu Liao braced for the worst because he had already ran out of ideas and energy to continue. But the moment he raised his arms, he suddenly heard a voice in his head.

“Hosts’ potential growth checked.

Secondary level minimum threshold acquired.

Unsealing Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing second realm ‘Beng Pu’.”

At the same time, Xu Liao felt that the demonic core in his belly growing larger and started shooting out strands of demonic energy that began to vibrate.

The demonic energy vibrated in an odd manner. When the monsters slashed at Xu Liao’s arms, the moment they touched his arms, they were repelled far away. Not only that, the moment they fell to the ground, Xu Liao noticed that they were bleeding from their noses, obviously they were somehow injured by Xu Liao.

In an instant, Xu Liao’s battle reflexes came into play; he made two moves and sent waves of dark green energy that struck both monsters on its left and right.

The blade waves previously had limits, unless it hits the weak spot of the monster, it would not have significant damage. However, for this time, it is totally different. He could feel that his internal energy had been vibrating non-stop. The blade waves he just released had vibrated millions of times as it tore through the air and slicing into the flesh of the monster. The sharpness was ten of times more than the previous one.

With just one moves, both monsters were sliced into half. The other move sliced through the other monsters in the back.

Just in two moves, all of the demonic monsters were defeated. Xu Liao was stunned speechless by his own prowess.

Default Chapter 24 Vibrating Demonic Qi

Xu Liao fell down after using up all his energy. He was victorious, but he still wasn’t sure what exactly happened. He just felt really tired.

Sun Bo Fang’s expression wasn’t any different from Xu Liao. He was shocked to the extent that he shouted:

“You…. You can actually make your demonic energy “vibrate”! There are many human cultivators and huge demons who yearned for such an ability, but it is not as easy as just wishing! In such a short period of time, you actually did it! This is indeed surprising…”

Xu Liao used his last bit of energy to raise his middle finger and shouted at Sun Bo Fang:

“F*!!”

Sun Bo Fang just laughed.

“Most human cultivators and demons only have one chance in their life to achieve the realm of vibrating demonic energy. The benefits you received now through cultivating is much more than you can actually benefit from cultivating for another ten years! If you miss this great opportunity, I’m afraid that you will never have a second chance in your whole life. To vindicate against me is just simply dumb.”

Xu Liao still had an unconvinced expression on his face and asked in suspicion:

“So..? What should I do?”

“You should not have you heard of the ‘Holy Spirit Demon’ four Qi division. Long story short, in ancient times, it was thought that energy received through cultivating had countless of energy types. But once we entered into the modern era, with the advancement of technologies, we realized that there is only one type of ‘Qi’. No matter whether you are human, demon, daemon or the western hermit, all energy belongs to the same type. With the difference in the frequency of ‘Qi’, then there will be a big difference in attributes.”

Sun Bo Fang held out his hand to stop Xu Liao from asking more questions.

“There is no time for you to understand further for now. You just have to remember that the higher the frequency of ‘Qi’ in cultivation, the stronger the power. You are a demon, so you don’t have to care about the others. As long you remember that you can reach up till 100khertz, but must never exceed it. If you exceed this limit, your demonic Qi will retaliate, and you can never recover your original strength!”

Xu Liao still had doubts in his mind, but still took Sun Bo Fang’s advice. He activated his Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon and found the interface of the demonic Qi ripple detection page. The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon detected that his demonic Qi ripple only had 6khert, light years away from the 100khertz mentioned by Sun Bo Fang. This made Xu Liao worry as he immediately activated his Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill.

Xu Liao had no idea how to increase this vibrating frequency. But once he activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, it automatically operated the Stars Devouring Formula. This is the first time he activated this set of the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill.

Ever since he received the Stars Devouring Formula, Xu Liao knew that this formula is a set under the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, which definitely would have infinite potential. But after failing to cultivate over a hundred times with almost no improvements, he didn’t think that he would actually be able to cause a breakthrough now. Even more so, he did it naturally without difficulty.

The Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill is extremely overbearing. It forcefully converted the dark demonic energy into a whirlpool, swirling violently inwards, consuming the dark demonic energy non-stop as if it was a black hole. Every bit of dark demonic energy it converted increased the demonic Qi ripple by a level.

The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon detected that the demonic Qi ripple is steadily shooting uo, and would soon breakthrough the 10k mark, then the 20k mark, 30k… 40k..

Once all the dark demonic energy had been devoured by the whirlpool formed by the Star Devouring Formula, the innermost parts of his body also developed a whirlpool that had reached to the extreme!

Within Xu Liao’s belly grew a dark hole that could seemingly devour galaxies. It spun wildly as it consumed his flesh essence, even assimilating his flesh, beginning from his internal organs, and then extending to his bones and blood. His flesh slowly transforming into a dark glowing light bit by bit.

Xu Liao wasn’t aware what was going on with this transformation. Whether it is good or bad, at this very moment he had lost all control over his demonic Qi and demonic energy. He could only observe as his demonic Qi ripple broke past the 50khertz mark, then making a few more jumps, it galloped to almost 100khertz. Xu Liao was startled inwardly. He was helpless, he couldn’t even ask for help from Sun Bo Fang who was nearby. All he could do now was to keep his consciousness awake and witness the transformation.

As the dark demonic energy grew, it made the golden metallic thread in between his eyebrows emit some sort of transformation of its own.

It slowly crept up and extended upwards to his skull and started to expand. Soon enough, his whole skill was covered in a bland golden veil.

The dark demonic energy covered his whole body. His muscles, bones, blood and internal organs had all been consumed by it. Even Xu Liao didn’t know that at this point, he had already transformed into a human shaped dark Qi. He no longer looked like a normal human. If he saw his appearance right now, he would definitely scream, after all, he’s still a junior high school student. However, what was scary was that while the dark demonic energy seemed to be prospering, it had no way to penetrate Xu Liao’s head which was wrapped in a golden veil.

Not knowing how much time had passed, Xu Liao suddenly could feel that he could move around freely again. He tried extending his arm and pushing the ground to aid him in standing up, but in contrary to his expectations, his whole body started to float up instead.

Xu Liao was startled.

“Did I exceed the 100khertz…? If I crossed the limit, wouldn’t it be terrible?”

Xu Liao glanced at the demonic Qi ripple detection screen, and once he saw the figure ‘100190’, he couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed.

At this point of time, Xu Liao’s entire body was sparkling with a deep, dark glowing light. But this dark demonic energy was different from before, the energy before was like an illusory smoke, but now the dark demonic energy emitted a strange powerful aura that felt monstrous.

Sun Bo Fang could only watch at the side as he shook his head. He was shocked till the extent that he just had nothing to say. The vibrating demonic Qi was only something that someone could wish for. Only those that had cultivated for many years would then be able to accumulate sufficient resources to ignite the transformation. But even if those geniuses and talented beings could do it within a short time, they would need a body that must fulfil the tough requirements before it can be transformed. It is definitely not for a demon that had been newly awakened like Xu Liao.

Sun Bo Fang jumped down from the bamboo house and stared at Xu Liao, thinking of a plan.

The demonic Qi value made Xu Liao depressed. He raised both of his hands towards Sun Bo Fang, intending to ask him some questions, but he shockingly found out that one of his arm suddenly transformed into a dark gaseous glowing light.

Xu Liao then turned his head to look at his other arm, and immediately it turned into a gaseous state as well.

Then he looked at his body, witnessing both his legs, body and shoulders all turning into a dark glowing light.

Only a bland golden colour remained on his skull within the dark glowing light. Both his pupils had golden flames burning furiously, replacing his original pupils.

Xu Liao raised his head up into the sky and howled. The howl was filled with anger and sadness.

Default Chapter 25 – Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill

Ever since Xu Liao awakened his blood pulse, he hadn’t considered that being a ‘demon’ is a big deal. Subconsciously, he still regards himself as a human; a human that has special abilities.
    However, now he no longer feels like he’s a human anymore.
    Xu Liao howled mournfully non-stop. But the anger welling in his chest couldn’t be released no matter how much he bellowed.
    Sun Bo Fang brows twitched as he tolerated for a moment before releasing a skill that stopped Xu Liao from howling.
    “Can you stop!?”
    Xu Liao stared at Sun Bo Fang with an ugly expression.
    A bland golden skull shining in the darkness, with both pupils flickering with golden flames, no matter what expression he had on his face, it looked horrific.
    Xu Liao asked in a coarse voice:
    “Just a little over 100kHertz and I will become.. this?”
    (ED: Raws mentioned it was over 190kHertz but that made absolutely no meaning. Changed to over 100kHertz. If there was a mistake, do post in the comments section or email us~)
    Sun Bo Fang had an uglier expression than Xu Liao. Then his expression flickered as he adjusted his emotions, sighing lightly.
    “I can teach you a skill to turn yourself back into a human body.”
    This sentence made Xu Liao calm down slightly. The golden flames that were flickering brightly dimmed down. Staring intently at Sun Bo Fang, he asked:
    “Is there such a skill?”
    “The demonic Qi frequency waves range from 80915 to 100191. To make it simpler, I just said referred it to ‘100kHertz’. The condition you are in is the best you can get. So what are you still howling for?” Sun Bo Fang replied with a hint of irritation in his voice.
    Xu Liao was slightly startled, but he still had a few doubts in his mind.

“.. as good as I can get? Then what happens if it was the worst?”
    Sun Bo Fang didn’t answer him directly. He calmed himself before replying.
    “I didn’t predict that not only your demonic Qi vibration was a success, but you even got your own demonic Qi ripples. Now you can even transform yourself into a demonic form! If you join the big four legions now, you’ll be definitely treated as a new generation talent, receiving their nurture… then dying at the hands of us, the Eighteen Xian Faction.
    Xu Liao replied curtly:
    “Cut the crap! Tell me, how do I restore my human form?”
    Only after staring at Xu Liao in silence after some time, Sun Bo Fang spoke calmly.
    “Have you not heard the stories of demons turning into humans when you’re young? Changing from a demon form into a human form is not difficult, but if the human form no longer exists then it doesn’t matter If demons have the look of humans, they can never change their true nature.”
    Xu Liao quietened down and thought for a long while. Then sadly confirmed a fact!
    This disciple of the Longevity Sect can teach him the skill to transform himself into a human form, but he really isn’t a human anymore.
    Xu Liao once again howled to the sky, unleashing his anger from within his heart!
    He deeply resented himself at this moment. Why had he stupidly decided to walk down this path without knowing more about the demon world? If the meteor didn’t strike him, he wouldn’t awaken any demonic blood pulse; if there wasn’t any demonic blood pulse there would be no Sun Bo Fang, and he would still be a happy youngster, secretly admiring his goddess. Instead, he’s here doing intense life-or-death trainings every single day, and eventually turning into a real demon.
    In an instant, the murderous aura on Xu Liao broke free and rose to the skies. Endless raging flames flared and transformed into a blaze.

Sun Bo Fang faced Xu Liao, whom had murderous intent for battle; he just laughed lightly and waved his hand.
    “Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, seal the hosts’ demonic Qi!”
    Xu Liao, as if controlled under a spell, his body froze and rendered unmovable. The raging blaze of demonic Qi naturally calmed down.
    Only after a while would then Xu Liao fully calm down and he said:
    “Teach me how to restore my human form.”
    Sun Bo Fang knew that Xu Liao had somewhat surrendered and did not put on him the spot. He laughed and said:
    “Good. You have finally calmed down.”
    “Transmit <<Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill>> to Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon.” Sun Bo Fang made a few gestures as an emerald projection emerged from Xu Liao’s body, and the formula that Sun Bo Fang recited appeared on the projection.
    Sun Bo Fang taught Xu Liao a skill named << Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill>>.
    This skill is only useful to make all kinds of demons transform into human form easily. All kind of demons can cultivate this skill, it doesn’t clash with any other demonic Qi, and once you’ve successfully transformed into a human form, your combat ability at most will drop by twenty percent.
    When any demon transforms into the human form, their combat abilities will drop drastically. If the transformation is incomplete or immature, it isn’t surprising if the ability drops by over eighty percent. However, demons that cultivate the Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill would only lose about twenty percent of their abilities. This is the reason why this skill is considered to be a precious treasure to most demons, and is a skill that most could only dream for.
    In fact, a few hundred years ago, when this skill was found, there were many demons fighting for it, even up till now in modern society. The Million Demon Clan and the Eighteen Xian Faction had a few contracts, so a lot of low levelled skills had been widely available, which made the current situation much better than compared to before. But skills like <<Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill>> was so rare, and only disciples from the Longevity Sect could acquire it. If there were any accidents during the first transformation, the error could never be reverted, even after hundreds of years of cultivation. Just like the story of Sun Wu Kong from Journey to the West, after transforming into human, his tail would forever remain the same.
    Xu Liao learned wholeheartedly, afraid to make any single mistake, even if it was a tiny one, he could lose his chance to restore his human form fully.
    Sun Bo Fang taught everything he could about the skill and left Xu Liao alone to comprehend it himself. Sun Bo Fang then returned to the bamboo house to calm himself down.
    Xu Liao felt that this transformation skill was highly compatible with the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill. He secretly activated the skill and his demonic Qi started to actively flow through his body. On his forehead appeared a shiny jade like skin, this skin started spreading as it stretched to form a perfect human face. His black hair on his scalp started to re-grow rapidly as well.
    Xu Liao slowly opened his eyes, but for some reason he could see his own face. The features on his face were at least ninety percent similar to his original looks, just that ten percent gave his new face a very different feeling.
    After forming the face, the snow coloured skin started to stretch down, wrapping around his neck, chest, both of his arms and finally reaching to his feet. His skin was smooth and flawless, without a sign of any blemish. Anyone who knew Xu Liao well enough could still recognize him in a glance because his face features did not change much, but everyone would be shocked as the newly transformed youngster no longer had the fat and thick shape!!
    The newly reborn Xu Liao was beaming at the sight of his new body.
    (ED: Like finally he isn’t a fatty anymore.)

Default Chapter 26 Demonic Force Value

Xu Liao had managed to revert to his previous form as a human, but he wasn’t too excited. He then closed his eyes and concentrated again.

His current appearance was just only for looks. The most crucial point in cultivating the Yin Yang Quality Refinery Skill was the internal structure of the body. The internal organs, muscles and bones, together with the veins and vital points, if they are not properly refined, it would affect future cultivation.

After five hours, Xu Liao once again slowly opened his eyes. He tapped the ground with his palm and stood up with ease. The moment he took his first step, the whole courtyard shook lightly. He couldn’t help but smile.

However, his ‘new’ body, though it wasn’t much different from the original, he knew that there were indeed some differences that had been branded into the deepest parts of his body. Even with the most advanced hospital, using he best technologies and equipment couldn’t differentiate the difference between him and a normal human being.

Sun Bo Fang clapped his hands together and laughed.

“Congratulations! This near perfect transformation, even those old demons couldn’t do it! But you actually did it! That’s very impressive.”

Xu Liao stared at Sun Bo Fang for a moment before slowly looking at his own body expressionlessly.

“Even if it is perfect, I am still a demon.”

Sun Bo Fang stopped laughing as a hint an annoyance flashed past his face, he then casually threw Xu Liao a set of new clothing.

“Wait until you have the chance to control the pulse properly, then try and form a battle suit with your cultivation. If not, you would have to change your clothing every time you battle.”

Xu Liao focused his consciousness on his new ‘body’. Apart from the visual transformation of his body, there was another matter that attracted his attention.

Xu Liao waved his hand to activate the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. The emerald projection appeared in front of Xu Liao, revealing all sorts of new data that weren’t shown before.

Sun Bo Fang was still rather annoyed from before, but once he saw the data on the projection, he took a step back in shock.

“…Demonic force value at 6292!! How is this possible!? Has this damn battle beast system malfunctioned?” Sun Bo Fang screamed.

Xu Liao was also slightly shocked by Sun Bo Fang’s reaction. He tilted his head and asked:

“The battle beast system can go wrong too? Can the bug of this system be fixed?”

Sun Bo Fang just shook his head and didn’t continue the conversation regarding the problem. With a swipe of his finger, a light blue projection appeared in front of him and connected the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. Both of his hands were like butterflies, skilfully navigating through the settings.

At first, his expression started rather relaxed, but after ten minutes, his face turned really black. Then he turned and stared at Xu Liao, he felt that the way he looked at Xu Liao had changed, as if there was fear.

Xu Liao silently sank into a corner and thought to himself:

“What’s scarier than me becoming a real demon? Tell me the truth if there is anything wrong! Did I make a mistake in the transformation and lost a few years of my life?”

Many things were running through his head right now.

Sun Bo Fang tapped on his forehead as he saw how Xu Liao was behaving. He guessed what Xu Liao was worrying about and sighed.

“Although your situation is weirder than usual, but it has definitely got nothing to do with your life expectancy.”

However, in contrary to his outwardly appearance, in the mind of the Sun Bo Fang, he was silently screaming.

“How is this even a problem!? You’ve got such a high Demonic Force Value! Not to even mention the Vibrating Demonic Qi…”

The Vibrating Demonic Qi is not something that can be achieved easily. The Big Four Legions and the Million Demon Clan; even the Eighteen Xian Faction and the Ying Zong Liu Faction, at least thirty percent of their demons and human cultivators won’t be able to achieve the realm of vibrating demonic Qi even until death. Only those that completely mastered vibrating the demonic Qi would be able to have their own distinct demonic Qi ripples. This realm was like a dream that many could only dream of, and it represents an affinity with stronger powers.

To be able to awaken the blood pulse within the first year of cultivating, then being able to vibrate the demonic Qi, and then forming demonic Qi ripples, is already considered a top class talent.

To be able to awaken blood pulse and within first year of cultivating, and then achieving the realm to vibrate demonic Qi to form demonic Qi ripples, is already a top class talent!

Xu Liao had only awakened to his blood pulse for more than a month, and was able to vibrate his demonic Qi; this alone was already considered a special case. To be called a genius would be an understatement. With his this alone, he would indeed be called a genius within geniuses!

Moreover, Xu Liao awakened to the Undead Tree blood pulse, which is a rare secondary blood pulse. He also received an encounter with the Emperor Stream Serum. To be able to achieve the realm of demonic Qi vibration, although shocking, but it can still be considered in the range of the many geniuses out in the world. This, Sun Bo Fang could still accept.

But to be able to vibrate demonic Qi and transform into a demon successfully, this had already exceeded the common knowledge of the demonic and humans.

Ancient demons started off transforming into human form, then could they start formal cultivating. Modern demons however, just had to awaken their blood pulse, and judging from the power of the blood pulse, cultivating can begin. But there was a huge bottleneck, which was that they must accumulate enough energy to initiate transformation into demonic form. It is this important step then could they thoroughly open the path to true cultivation!

Ninety nine percent of demons cultivate for a few hundred years before they could attempt demonic transformation. Moreover, this procedure would last for at least a few years. Those that can transform into demons are those geniuses. Within the last three hundred years, there were only eight of such cases … and even compared to that, Xu Liao was even one realm above them.

As if that wasn’t shocking enough, the thing that made Sun Bo Fang scream was Xu Liao’s absurd Demonic Force Value.

The Demonic Force Value is like a gauge for talent and skill. A normal standard for normal demons after one year of cultivation was just a small number in Demonic Force Value. A six thousand Demonic Force Value is equivalent to a six thousand year-old demon!

Sun Bo Fang felt dizzy as he thought to himself.

“Just by following this data, this brat is almost reaching the demonic king’s level. Once he becomes a demonic king, he would be able to go against the soldiers of the Eighteen Xian Faction! How is this possible!?”

Xu Liao didn’t have any changes to his expression. Sun Bo Fang’s mind was in a mess as he sank deep in thought.

For the past month, Xu Liao had always been with Sun Bo Fang and Zhao Yan Qin and learning the common demon knowledge. Thus he didn’t understand the meaning of the data and was equally doubtful of what the data showed.

Xu Liao had recovered his vitality; even his injuries are almost fully recovered. He then mused to himself.

“There seems to be a saying that a perfectly refined regiment of the emperor stream serum is worth sixty years of skill. I swallowed two hundred to three hundred regiments of the emperor stream serum, so there should be at least a few thousand years of skills! I thought I had been thinking too much. It was impossible for me to have such strong demonic power. If not, why did the battle beast only converted around seven hundred demonic Qi? I just didn’t know that … there was actually nothing wrong! It was because my Demonic Force Value had exceeded the battle beast converting limit!”

Sun Bo Fang raised his head towards Xu Liao in shock. He could see Xu Liao concentrating intently on the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. Even the seven skull-like silver spots on his back started to appear. Sun Bo Fang cringed…

Default Chapter 27 Killing You

Sun Bo Fang felt like something was amiss with Xu Liao’s condition. Then after thinking for a moment, he said:

“Your condition now is great! Why not use this chance to retrieve the object from the Void world?”

After so many days of training and battles, Xu Liao had not only trained on his battle techniques, but also learnt how to properly control his demonic Qi. As a result, his personality slowly changed, becoming more mature as time went by.

“So what exactly do you want me to retrieve for you? After being so mysterious for so long, surely you can tell me now?”

Sun Bo Fang nodded his head in satisfaction with Xu Liao’s reaction.

“I need a plant called the Ghost vine! It is an object required for part of my cultivation of a skill.”

Xu Liao went silent for a while before suddenly laughing.

“Actually… this isn’t the most urgent matter; I have something even more urgent!”

Sun Bo Fang narrowed his eyes and stared at Xu Liao, slightly stunned by Xu Liao’s statement.

“… What urgent matter do you have?”

“I want to know!! My ability … improved so much … am I strong enough … to kill you!?”

Xu Liao used a slow pace, yet very serious tone while speaking, pausing for a second after every spoken word.

Xu Liao was indeed serious!

During this long period of time, he had been improving his demonic Qi non-stop; the dark green demonic Qi released by the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon was much stronger by five to six times.

Sun Bo Fang couldn’t help but to laugh and said:

“You think you got what it takes to kill me?”

Xu Liao cheekily laughed, and said nothing as he threw a strong punch to answer Sun Bo Fang’s question.

Sun Bo Fang just stared at Xu Liao as if he was an idiot.

“Have you forgotten that the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon is a battle beast that I personally nurtured and under my control?”

With a wave of hs hand, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon’s ghost suddenly condensed, and Xu Liao was naturally frozen in place, as if he was controlled under a spell.

Sun Bo Fang relaxingly shrugged his shoulders as he looked at Xu Liao.

The sides of Xu Liao’s mouth curved upwards as he murmured something silently. The jasper Seven Stars mantis Demon’s ghost suddenly shattered! Xu Liao then broke free from the spell and his punch continued forward as if nothing could stop him. The demonic Qi had turned from dark green to pitch black.

Sun Bo Fang never thought that this brat could actually break the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon demonic Qi seal! As a result, he got hit by Xu Liao’s punch in his abdominal region.

The punch wasn’t strong; Sun Bo Fang didn’t feel even a bit of sensation from the impact. But when he saw that Xu Liao was smiling from ear to ear, he couldn’t help but feel his heart sinking. And by that time he realized something was wrong, he felt something sinking into his stomach, giving him a searing pain.

Sun Bo Fang’s expression turned really dark and said icily:

“What did you put into my body?”

“Nothing! Just a mere stone.” Xu Liao cheekily replied.

Sun Bo Fang didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, then he snapped:

“You think that I am those kind of useless demonic beast?”

At the same moment that he replied Xu Liao, he manipulated his energy, moving his muscles in his body as he forced a stone the size of a palm out of his stomach.

Sun Bo Fang crushed the stone with his fingers and said blandly:

“As long as I want, I can easily force anything you put into my body out. But since you want to taste death, I shall give it to you. Enjoy my tasty dark beetles.”

Sun Bo Fang waved both his hands and immediately two pieces of dark clouds flew out!

These two dark clouds were formed by countless of dark beetles, making whong whongflapping vibration sounds as they flew towards Xu Liao.

Xu Liao’s heart sank. He didn’t expect Sun Bo Fang to be able to force the stone out from his body.

“Dark Demonic Qi will never be able to defend against these dark beetles! These demonic bugs were born to devour spirits. I have to go all out with them!”

Xu Liao firmed his resolve as he sped towards Sun Bo Fang, totally ignoring the threat from the dark beetles.

Sun Bo Fang clicked his tongue and said with a mocking tone:

“You actually made such a bold choice. You really are courages! However, what you don’t know is that our Xian Faction martial arts are mainly focused on nurturing our battle beasts’ ability.”

Sun Bo Fang then casually waved his hand, in a split second, a protection field covered Sun Bo Fang . As long as he can slightly block the attack from Xu Liao for that instant, the dark beetles will be able to devour him!

Sun Bo Fang surely did not believe that Xu Liao had the capability to resist his very own dark beetles he had painstakingly trained personally. However, he was slightly disappointed because his plan to retrieve the Ghost Vine had failed.

At this crucial moment, Xu Liao activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill. Energy coursed through his entire body as he used his most powerful and overbearing set – Stars Devouring Formula!

When Xu Liao had just mastered the Stars Devouring Formula, he hadn’t tried to use the power before. However, when the Demonic Qi was vibrating, he found that the Stars Devouring Formula was somewhat linked! As if forming a black hole after the death of a star that devours everything into nothingness, the biggest mystery about of the Stars Devouring Formula was not about the devouring, but – Assimilation!

Xu Liao knew that Sun Bo Fang’s dark beetles were brutal and merciless, but after all, he had only recently awakened his blood pulse, thus his offensive skills were lacking. As such, he could only use his most powerful offensive ability he knew so far, the << Stars Devouring Formula >> !!

The Stars Devouring Formula operated as eight paths of dark demonic energy seethed through the pores of his skin, exiting out of his body. These eight strands of dark demonic energy were like pythons as they swirled in the air menacingly, emitting a majestic devouring power from each strand.

When the eight strands clashed with Sun Bo Fang’s protection field, Sun Bo Fang realized that his own spirit was draining rapidly from the clash! He was shocked! In a panic, he turned around and threw a roundhouse kick at Xu Liao’s chest that made Xu Liao fly back several meters. However, Xu Liao just got back up and charged towards Sun Bo Fang.

Both of them exchanged attacks at a speed that the naked eye could not see. Flashes of light appeared and disappeared as they clashed. Despite receiving help from the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, he was not a match for Sun Bo Fang who had been cultivating with the help of the Xian Faction since young. Although he had gained the upper hand initially, but after being kicked away several times, he could not make full use of the Stars Devouring Formula’s power.

*boom!*

Xu Liao was kicked into midair, the dark beetles surrounded him in an instant. He started to feel his scalp going numb, but his strong intent to survive fuelled his aggression and adrenaline to the max. Forcing the dark demonic energy through his four limbs, he suddenly burst forth with power.

At this time, the dark beetles began brutally biting on Xu Liao’s body, the sound of the beetles grinding Xu Liao could be heard throughout the courtyard.

It was at this point when Sun Bo Fang gave a relaxed sigh as he knew that the battle would be over once the beetles reached Xu Liao. He then thought seriously to himself.

“How did this brat received the knowledge about the dharma of the devouring skill? He had recently awakened his blood pulse.. there isn’t any possibility to learn other skills. Could it be the blood pulse inheritance…?”

He then sighed once again.

“The dark beetles are utterly brutal. Even if I wanted to let you off now… maybe it’s too late.”

Just when Sun Bo Fang decided to withdraw his beetles, he realized something was off. A large portion of his dark beetles was losing reaction. Sun Bo Fang immediately waved his hand and the dark beetles returned backt o his side. However, at least thirty percent of the dark beetles weren’t listening to Sun Bo Fang’s command anymore. One by one, they disappeared into Xu Liao’s dark demonic energy.

Xu Liao let out an odd laughter as he stood back up on his feet. His shirt was torn. He looked terrible, but there was a sense of extreme danger spreading from within his body.

Default Chapter 28 Black Rune Structure

The spectre of the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon appeared on Xu Liao’s back once again. But this time, the demonic bug had a different appearance. Its original green carapace turned into dark green. It also grew to almost five metres in length and appeared much more ferocious than before.

Sun Bo Fang stared at the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon spectre and frowned.

“How are you able to control my Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon?”

Xu Liao simply licked his lips and said:

“I don’t know! But since you’re going to be a dead man soon, it doesn’t matter if you know it or not. So you’d better not think about it too much.”

Of course Xu Liao wouldn’t let Sun Bo Fang know that it was the Stars Devouring Formula.

The Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill is not only able to devour spirits, but also has the ability to assimilate them. While the Stars Devouring Formula is activated, at the same time, the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon would be assimilated. When the Jasper Seven Stars mantis Demon was commanded to seal Xu Liao’s demonic Qi, it was at this time when Xu Liao realized that this battle beast was no longer under the control of Sun Bo Fang.

Xu Liao transformed himself back into his human form as he smiled calmly at Sun Bo Fang. He was tortured by Sun Bo Fang for so long, and faced a threat to kill his entire family as well. To say that Xu Liao didn’t harbour any intentions to kill Sun Bo Fang, even ghosts wouldn’t believe it.

The turnaround of the situation made by Xu Liao was far above Sun Bo Fang’s prediction. This disciple of the Longevity Sect totally didn’t think that this newly awakened demon could escape from his grasp. He could only furrow his brows as he thought how to salvage this situation.

Xu Liao felt the demonic Qi in his body blooming; it gave him a sense of bliss while the demonic Qi flowed through every part of his body.

Even though the Jasper secondary level seal stopped Xu Liao from converting all of his demonic Qi, but he was still easily able to activate above three thousand, which was at least stronger than before by at least five or six times!

Xu Liao flicked his hair and laughed cheekily.

“The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon you gave me had a demonic Qi conversion limit which made me thought that I was weak, and made me afraid of you. However! Now that I know that I’m not that weak, and even…. enough to kill you!”

The edges of Sun Bo Fang’s mouth rose as he smiled cunningly.

“Hmph! It is still light years early for you to be able to kill me!”

At that very moment, Sun Bo Fang hands moved in a clockwise direction as he chanted furiously. When a formula formed within the formation, Sun Bo Fang pinched it immediately and caused the mound nearby to turn into a black hole. The black hole let out a strong suction that Xu Liao couldn’t resist.

Xu Liao started to panic slightly because he was slowly being pulled into the black hole.

“Are you thinking of sending me to the Void world now?!” Xu Liao hurriedly spat out.

Sun Bo Fang just stood unmoving and said:

“I have more than a hundred methods to go against you. This is but only the easiest and simplest of all of them!”

As he said that, both of Sun Bo Fang’s hands pushed out and caused the black hole suction to increase by more than ten times. Xu Liao tried to dig into the ground with his demonic Qi, but he could not resist the suction and was eventually pulled into the black hole.

Xu Liao immediately activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory skill. The dark demonic energy enveloped his body, protecting him from any matter that might collide with him. The dark demonic energy could pass through every matter, so it was the safest protection.

In that instant, more than ten objects passed through Xu Liao’s body continuously. Although the objects flashed by for a mere second, he could still recognize them. It was the ‘fragments’ from the demon beasts he had defeated before. It was obvious that this passageway wasn’t safe at all!

After a few minutes, Xu Liao felt that his body suddenly became lighter, he also realized that he had finally exited from the black hole passageway. The scenery in front of him was totally unfamiliar, he wasn’t in the Huai Demon Street anymore.

Suddenly, Xu Liao heard a deep voice coming from the direction where he exited from the black hole.

“For the next twenty four hours, I will open the Void world every hour. If you can bring me the Ghost vine, I will let you off. But if you fail to obtain it within the next twenty four hours, I wouldn’t need to come and collect your corpse anymore.”

After finishing his sentence, the black hole disappeared into nothingness.

Xu Liao’s demonic Qi was in disorder. His unfamiliar surroundings also made him slightly dazed. Sun Bo Fang words however, were clear and made him understand his dire situation.

Xu Liao felt depressed.

“I just don’t have enough experience. If my sneak attack earlier was more lethal and swift, maybe I could have ended his life without all these problems.”

He was immensely dissatisfied with the consequences of his actions.

After some time, Xu Liao began to scout his surroundings. Towards the north was a strange grassland. The plants that grew on this grassland were as straight as arrows. On the top, there were a few leaves with a dull golden coloured weird thatch. This dull golden thatch was taller than any fully grown adult. It pointed towards the sky stiffly as the tip shone with a golden-like luster.

Being curious, Xu Liao grabbed a nearby stem and casually tugged. However, even after two tries it couldn’t be broken. Only on his third try, when he actually used eighty percent of his energy, then was he able to break the long grass. This dull golden thatch was surprising strong and sturdy. It might even be stronger than some ancient weapons.

Xu Liao then threw the broken thatch tip towards the ground. Xu Liao eyes widened at the result. Like a spear, it embedded itself into the ground for at least half a meter. The sharpness of this weird thatch tip surpassed his expectations.

This made Xu Liao think of an idea. He activated the Stars Devouring Formula. The eight strands of dark demonic energy wriggled out of his body like pythons, at that instant, it emitted a strong devouring ability.

With the power of the Stars Devouring Formula, the nearby soil and the dull golden thatches disappeared rapidly, revealing the rocky ground below. All the soil and thatches that were sucked into Xu Liao were assimilated by the Stars Devouring Formula, forming a piece inside his dark demonic core. However, at this moment, the places that were devoured by Xu Liao suddenly shook slightly as a big patch of thatches started emerging from within the ground with even more vigour than its predecessor. They grew even denser. The only difference was the colour, which was dark gold.

Suddenly, the skies turned dark. Countless of black beetles landed on all the thatches and started feasting, making metallic grinding sounds.

All of these black beetles started changing shape; the colour on their carapace was deeper than usual as they grew larger as they ate. In an instant, the whole patch of thatches was all devoured.

This entire land, whether it was the ground or the thatches, or the black beetles, all of them are naturally formed by dark demonic energy. The only reason why they have different shapes was because they had different rune structures.

“So this is the largest mystery of the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill? It could be used to assimilate everything, then returning them back with demonic Qi…”

One of the black beetles, as if it received a summoning, flew from the thatches and stopped in front of Xu Liao.

Xu Liao casually pinched it and caused the black beetle to burst into a cloud of dark energy. However, the cloud of dark energy swirled and condensed to form another black beetle almost immediately. Despite having the same appearance, its aura felt slightly weaker than before.

Xu Liao nodded as if he understood something. He clenched his fist for a moment before gently opening it up, revealing a myriad of black runes that emerged from his palm which flew towards the black beetle.

Once again, the black beetle burst into a dark energy cloud. However, due to the homogeneous attractions, the dark energy cloud swirled towards Xu Liao body and blended into his body’s demonic Qi.

The black beetle completely disappeared from the world.

Default Chapter 29 Dark Golden Lance

Xu Liao casually pulled the black runes back into his palm with a thought. When he swept his eyes over the dull golden thatches and the large piece of land that was devoured, he noticed that his demonic energy slowly increased. This time, he didn’t hold in his strength any longer and continued devouring at a much faster pace.

With a single sweep of his hand, he devoured sixty acres of land, along with thousands of dull golden thatches. He resumed his devouring until he felt a reaction within his demonic core, as if telling informing him that it was full, he stopped his ‘meal’.

“Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon! Scan my Demonic Force Value!” Xu Liao suddenly shouted.

The emerald projection once again flashed in front of Xu Liao. The battle beast quickly revealed the results from the scan. Xu Liao’s Demonic Force Value had grown to 7150 points!

This result made Xu Liao almost jump in joy. In such a short period of time, his Demonic Force Value actually grew more than a thousand points! If not for the fact that he couldn’t devour any more, he would indubitably devour the entire continent without a second thought! For each point he gained would be one point to go against Sun Bo Fang’s threat.

“Not only can the Heavenly Demon Purgatory strengthen my physique, though it could not be used for battles as much as the Jasper Mantis Demon which was nurtured for battle, but the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Stars Devouring Formula could be used for so many other things – this is indeed surprising!”

“But it is a pity that that Stars Devouring Formula has the assimilation ability. Those that were swallowed into the core, the nature of them would change. If not, wouldn’t it make the dark demonic core become a treasure chest..?” Xu Liao sighed inwardly.

Xu Liao made a grabbing notion; a dark golden ‘lance’ materialized on his right hand. Those weird thatches that had been devoured by the Stars Devouring Formula were assimilated and had their attributes and nature forcefully changed. The dark golden lance was stronger and sharper than its predecessor. Xu Liao flicked his finger on it and it let out a clean metallic ringing sound. When he casually swung it from right to left, it felt no different from any ordinary lance regardless of the weight or grip. Despite not having practiced in the art of spears, after he spent a few days cultivating the Seven Stars Praying Mantis Boxing, he could at least wield the spear in his hand and perform basic combat attacks – which was much better than being totally empty handed.

Xu Liao lightly released his grip and with just a thought, the dark golden lance disappeared and reappeared inside the piece of land within his demonic core. He then repeatedly summoned it for a few times to test the fluidity and summoning time before concluding that the weapon would definitely be handy in the future battles.

This wasn’t the only usage of the dark golden lance however; he could manipulate the dark demonic energy and make the lance float in the air. Then he commanded this dark golden lance to shoot forward like a lightning bolt. One gesture made it fly at least a thousand steps away, then it started to show signs of deceleration before dropping to the ground.

Due to the distance between the lance and Xu Liao being too far, the connection with the dark golden lance weakened and fell. However, Xu Liao just concentrated and by just spending a little time, the dark golden lance started to gradually float and dispersed into a mist of dark energy and returned to Xu Liao like a whirlwind.

The mysterious thatches that transformed into this dark golden lance couldn’t be considered as top grade, but because of the large quantity available, it is very convenient. It also has various weird transformations which would surely be a crucial factor in winning future battles.

Xu Liao casually flipped his palm and gathered the mist of dark energy once again as materialized into the dark golden lance. He then swung it over his shoulder confidently, looking towards the horizon. He made up his mind and decided to explore deeper into this vast world!

The Void world!!

Despite going through the hellish training by Sun Bo Fang, he couldn’t be considered to be real warrior yet, nor an adventurer who had a vast array of experiences at his disposal. With regards to any experience in exploration, he had none at all. Thus, he didn’t know that the commotion he caused by his devouring ability had already attracted several demonic beasts!

Not far from the location where he first entered the Void world was three demonic beasts that spied on him at a distance.

In order to explore this world, Sun Bo Fang had done a lot of homework. He taught Xu Liao how to locate clues in order not to miss out any important objects. Therefore, Xu Liao wasn’t randomly exploring, he was following Sun Bo Fang’s spiral search method, using the entrance as his marker, he searched the area in a circular pattern.

This searching method limited the searching parameters, though it seemingly covered less ground, it was surprisingly useful. After searching past the second ring, he found a huge footprint. Although Xu Liao was still relatively inexperienced, he could sense some danger and released dozens of black beetles.

The black beetles spread out in a fan shaped formation, and within a few minutes he found three ape-like demonic beasts sneaking silently towards him. The soles of their feet had pads, which was why their movements were so silent. The fur on their bodies had the same tint as the colour of the soil, giving them a natural camouflage.

Xu Liao closed his eyes and curled his lips as he smiled slightly. He then lightly waved his arm caused strands of dark energy to fly out as they seeped into the ground.

After roughly ten minutes, the three ape-like demonic beasts caught up with Xu Liao. They sniffed the air and felt that the air had a very thick smell and thus they stopped to stay, searching the area for a while.

Although the beasts had a keen sense of smell, they could not find anything amiss other than the thick smell that floated around. Just as they were about to stop searching and continue chasing Xu Liao, the ground suddenly burst forth from below and dozens of sharp dark golden lances pierced the three beasts. The demonic beasts let out howls of anger and pain. This sudden outrage of the three demonic beasts alerted the nearby ten or so beasts as they made their responses by howling back. The silent world suddenly turned rowdy in an instant.

Xu Liao had already walked quite a distance from the trap he made. He laughed cheekily as he glanced towards the three dying demonic beasts. It was as if he was already accustomed to killing, he merely continued to move forward without a care in his mind.

The black beetles that had hidden themselves to monitor the beasts suddenly flapped their wings and released a low frequency sonic wave. All the lances that pierced the three demonic beasts suddenly dispersed into mists of dark energy, swirling into the sky and then devoured by the black beetles.

Xu Liao explored for another two hours, then he suddenly he stopped abruptly. He grew excited as he spotted some buildings in front of him. These buildings were somewhat out of place in the middle of an endless grassland. Although the buildings were run-down and torn, but at least there were some changes in terrain.

Without hesitation, Xu Liao changed his route and dashed towards the decrepit buildings, and soon enough he realized it was an isolated village.

There were no signs of life within this village, all of the houses were abandoned and looked as if it would crumble in any minute. This gave the village a rather eerie feeling. Xu Liao hesitated for a moment before gritting his teeth and moving forward into the village.

Weeds grew on the walls of the buildings, the night wind howled through the gaps of the broken buildings, it was like a scene straight out of a horror movie scene.

Xu Liao once again released dozens of black beetles to scout the village. Then he turned towards the emerald screen activated by the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon to track the beetles.

After scanning for a few minutes, the emerald screen suddenly flickered and revealed three blinking dots …

Default Chapter 30 Treasure Chests, Rabbits And Credits?

“…What the hell is this?”

Xu Liao didn’t know how to react to this.

“This Void world actually has treasure chests?! Don’t tell me that this is a virtual reality game world? So does killing demonic beasts also drop items? But they didn’t drop any treasures when I killed them just now… They didn’t give any experience points either.” He couldn’t stop wondering about the possibilities.

Xu Liao began to let his mind randomly wander. If not for the otherworldly technologies he recently witnessed, he wouldn’t even be thinking of the possibility of a virtual reality world. Though he could not totally imagine how they manage to do this, he still couldn’t suppress his curiosity and started walking towards the treasure chest that was identified on the screen.

According to his gaming experiences, a chest means there will be treasures - but it also meant that there might be battles.

Just within ten minutes, Xu Liao located the first chest. When he saw the chest with his own eyes, he couldn’t help but feel excited. The chest was coated in bronze, with trails of ornate wood carvings on each side of the chest. It looked extremely quaint. Xu Liao realized that it was also releasing a slight glow, as if it is afraid that nobody would find it.

Xu Liao swallowed his saliva as he approached the chest slowly. However, before he could even stretch out his hand, the chest opened by automatically. Xu Liao jumped in excitement and looked into the chest anxiously.

There were seven to eight items in the chest; a black tight-fitted suit with red highlights, an ancient looking crystal that looked rather technologically advanced, a small backpack with a camouflage design, two metallic boxes of biscuits, an exquisite bottle of mineral water and a small portion of triangular white shaped coins.

“This..! This is really getting similar to a game!” Xu Liao silently mused to himself.

He swung the backpack over his shoulders. The backpack was very light, much lighter than the usual school bag he brought to school. Xu Liao also tried to feel out the material but in the end, he couldn’t identify what it was.

Xu Liao’s eyes then landed on the ancient looking crystal. When he stretched his hand out to grab the crystal, a blinding light suddenly exploded from within.

“Found a sealed battle beast, permission to unseal?”

Xu Liao hesitated for a moment before realizing that this voice wasn’t from the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, but instead from the crystal on his hand. Xu Liao’s heart almost skipped a beat. But this made him believe that his own guesses were real about this world

“Unseal!” Xu Liao’s eyes narrowed. He stared curiously at the crystal as it started to crack slowly on his palm. Seconds later, a small fluffy head with two beady red eyes popped out of the crack. Then the beast suddenly hopped out and landed onto Xu Liao’s other palm. Almost immediately, Xu Liao could feel the spiritual connection between him and the bunny clad in snow-white fur.

“Battle beast Totem Rabbit. Allows the user to fly on grass. Allows promotion of host by 30%!”

“Only like this?!”

Xu Liao gave a huge sigh in disappointment. Compared to the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon, this Totem Rabbit usefulness was almost nil. It can only allow improvement by thirty percent, and it doesn’t have any battle techniques. To Xu Liao, this isn’t even comparable to chicken rib.

With a wave of his hand, he sealed the Totem Rabbit back into the crystal and tossed it into the backpack. Then he also stuffed the tight-fitted battle suit, the box of biscuits and the bottle of mineral water into the backpack.

Just when he was about to grab the triangular white shaped coins, he realized he grasped nothing but air! Then suddenly a notification popped up in front of him: “Someone transferred 100 credits to you, would you like to accept?”

“100 credits? What is that?”

Xu Liao smiled wryly and casually asked the card without expecting an answer. To his surprise, the demon identification suddenly lit up in a brilliant gold light and displayed a sentence of words while explaining in a monotonous tone:

“Credits are the currency used by the Million Demon Clan. Compared to the exchange rate of RMB (Chinese Yuan), the rate is 1 Credit to 100 RMB, but extremely little people are willing to change credits for RMB. This is because the majority of the merchandise within the Million Demon Clan doesn’t accept RMB payment. The value of credit in the black market usually ranges from 150 to 180 RMB.”

Xu Liao once again shocked by the demon’s technology standards, he can’t help but murmur: “What a detailed explanation!”

At the same time, Xu Liao remembered the gold demon identification card he received. When he had transformed into a demon and was devouring everything within him, he was surprised that the card wasn’t absorbed by the Stars Devouring Formula as well. This made Xu Liao wonder what the demon identification card was made of.

Now that he know what credits are used for, of course he have realized that whatever he was experiencing right now in this Void world would have some sort of connection with the Million Demon Clan.

When converted, though ten thousand RMB is not considered a lot, but to Xu Liao as a Junior High School student, it was like a pot full of gold. Even if he collected all the New Year’s money and allowance for a year, it would only add up to a mere few hundred RMB. So to him, a hundred credits was considered a huge amount of money. Not to mention that a hundred credits in the black market was even higher than the official exchange rate.

Xu Liao didn’t loiter around the chest for too long, this time he excitedly ran towards the second treasure chest on his emerald screen. The second chest was inside a decrepit house. Judging the shape and intricate designs, it was exactly similar to the first chest. And it functioned the same way as the first chest as well, automatically opening when Xu Liao got close.

This chest had lesser items however. Only three items. A bunch of triangular coins and two daggers.

Xu Liao made the grasping notion toward the coins, and once again the demon identification gold card notified him with the same sentence: “Someone transferred 100 credits to you, would you like to accept?”.

Compared to acquiring the credits, Xu Liao wasn’t as excited when his gaze met the two daggers due to his previous experience. He casually swiped one and studied it.

The dagger had a length of 70cm and was at least two fingers wide. It was rather a common shape for a dagger and didn’t seem to represent any era. What made the blade seem different from others was the material used. It was transparent; when raised in front of Xu Liao’s eyes, there seemed to be bubbles boiling inside the blade, making the blade tip very sharp. When Xu Liao made a few swings with the dagger, it was as if he was holding nothing at all!

The backpack that Xu Liao found in the first chest so happened to have had two slots on each side of the backpack. He inserted both of the daggers into each slot and they fitted nicely in.

When Xu Liao had found these two weapons, he was brimming with joy in his heart. He even forgot that he was in this Void world that was full of dangers. Like a little kid, he repeatedly drew both daggers and slot them back in while having a large smile on his face.

At his age, it was natural For Xu Liao to have a liking for swinging swords and blades around. Besides, these two daggers were made rather exquisitely. Of course he would love them even more! He couldn’t even bear to keep them inside the bag.

After acquiring the items in the second chest, Xu Liao’s courage rose significantly. Initially, he was rather creeped out by the abandoned village, but now, he didn’t feel the pressurising feeling any more.

Xu Liao’s eyes burned with passion as he dashed towards the third chest in the middle of the village. He rubbed his hands with glee, wondering what he would acquire next.

Default Chapter 31 Shadowless Whip Technique

Xu Liao dashed past a few houses with his eyes shining with anticipation. Once he found himself in the middle of the village, he started to slow down his pace.

The village square wasn’t small, roughly able to hold at least a thousand people. Xu Liao guessed that this square was used for gatherings in the past. Now that the village is devoid of life, when the night wind blew, it felt even more desolated.

From his position, Xu Liao spotted a stone mill in the middle of the square; and beside the stone mill was the chest that Xu Liao was looking for. This particular chest was different from the previous two chests however – its sides were lined with silver ornate carvings instead of bronze. The patterns on the sides were more detailed as well. Xu Liao could then deduce that this chest was more valuable than the previous two.

“There must be something good in this silver chest! Maybe there are some skill books or priceless treasures!”

Xu Liao didn’t think for another second and walked excitedly towards the chest. Suddenly, when he was about a few steps away, the ground burst forth from below and a dark shadow from within dragged him onto the floor. Xu Liao was horrified at the sudden appearance of this shadow and tried to grab the daggers in his backpack. But due to his body being dragged around, he couldn’t reach them.

“Oh shit! What exactly is this creature? Why can’t I see it?” Xu Liao shouted in shock as he fumbled for the dagger.

At this moment, Xu Liao put his hellish training under Sun Bo Fang to use. He had fought with various demons and gained a lot of experience, thus he quickly came out with another idea. Giving up the notion of using the daggers, instead, he activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory and surrounded himself with dark demonic energy to escape from the grip of the shadow. He then pressed his hands onto the ground and slipped out back onto the surface.

Almost instantly, Xu Liao activated the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon and slashed several blade waves into the ground where the shadow was previously. Then he made a flying kick as he repelled another shadow attacking him from a different direction.

At this point of time, Xu Liao had already gotten a clear view of what was attacking him. Apparently, what grabbed Xu Liao into the ground was actually a creepy huge tree nearby.

The branches of the tree were all drooping to the ground, slithering on the ground as if it was a thousand snakes. The broken tree branch that Xu Liao slashed previously had been twisting and squirming on the ground. Their survivability was terrifyingly strong.

The huge tree seemed enraged due to Xu Liao’s counter attack as it launched its nearby branches at Xu Liao, forming a huge net.

Xu Liao side-stepped easily and flew out of the huge tree’s attack range. After all, the huge tree is unable to change location, so if the enemy went out of its attacking radius, even how hard it tried it wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.

Although it seemed rather easy to deal with the tree, Xu Liao didn’t relax at all. The two previous chests made him drop is guard for a moment.

At the corner of his eye, Xu Liao noticed that the chest was within the attacking radius of the tree. As long he intended to loot the chest, he would need to somehow kill this huge tree.

Despite having killed dozens of demonic beasts, he hadn’t met any of this kind yet. This tree was huge in size and had no obvious weaknesses. Xu Liao circled around the radius while observing before finally coming up with an idea.

He searched for a bunch of tree branches and dead leaves nearby, then activating his demonic Qi to ignite a flame. For every set of branches and dead leaves that was burned – he them threw at the huge tree. The tree didn’t seem to have enough intelligence to realize that the situation was growing dangerous for it, hence its tree branches that were burning merely randomly retreated back into the main trunk.

Xu Liao threw more than ten sets of burning branches and leaves in total; and finally one of the branches caught fire.

Somehow the tree seemed to have a certain type of oil within its body, and once one of its branches touched the layer of oil, it started spreading like wildfire.

As if reacting to the fire, the branches started flailing around, but instead of extinguishing the fire, that action caused it spread even faster!

After all, the tree lacked intelligence. All it could do is let out a silent howl and flap the countless of tree branches in agony, which in turn made the fire rage on further. Suddenly, it started to struggle to escape by scraping out its remaining tree branches one by one.

But how could Xu Liao allow it to escape?

Xu Liao was watching from a distance. Wherever the tree wanted to escape to by flinging its branches, Xu Liao would block it. He released his blade waves to force it to stay in its original location. This continued on for a few breaths of time before the tree finally succumbed as it turned into a large bonfire.

It wasn’t until the whole tree had been immobilized could then Xu Liao relax slightly. He let out a deep breath as he walked past the burnt tree to retrieve the silver chest. Unknowing to him, when he walked near to the burnt tree, the trunk suddenly exploded!

Xu Liao flew back a few steps in shock as he activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory Skill, enveloping his body in dark demonic energy. However, while Xu Liao poised for battle, the tree didn’t make any other signs of action. Xu Liao approached it cautiously and peered into the tree trunk. Within the trunk was something glowing in a bright green light.

Xu Liao’s face showed signs of glee as he casually summoned a dark golden lance to fling the object towards him. Surprisingly, it was a scroll that was bathed in a green light!

When Xu Liao touched the scroll out of curiosity, a line of letters formed in the air right in front of Xu Liao!

– – Would you like to learn the Shadowless Whip Technique?

Xu Liao was stunned speechless for a second before shouting: “Yes!”

The green glow slowly left the scroll and entered into Xu Liao’s body. Suddenly, within his mind appeared countless of weird runes, and all these runes slowly merged into a light green seed that was planted into his spirit world.

Xu Liao then opened his palm slightly as he controlled his demonic Qi. He found out that it was slightly smoother and easier to manipulate! Following the Shadowless Whip Technique instructions, he tried to change the form of his demonic Qi. It twisted and turned around each other until it formed silk-like threads that appeared on his palm. The silk-like threads then extended itself towards the sky.

It was as if the Shadowless Whip Technique was fated to be with compatible with Xu Liao’s demonic Qi. The Jasper Seven Stars Mantis didn’t even need to intervene with the transformation! One strand shot upwards for about a hundred meters before slowing down. Xu Liao found that this was currently his maximum limit.

Xu Liao then grasped one end of the strand and formed a whip with it. By manipulating the demonic Qi, he could extend and move the whip as he pleased. The flexibility and the dexterity was even comparable to swinging his arm! With one whip, the tree that had turned into charcoal was smashed into countless of ashes and caused Xu Liao to fan the ashes away with his other hand before opening the silver chest.

The silver chest detected his presence and automatically opened just like the previous bronze chests.

With two hands on the edge of the chest, Xu Liao excitedly peeked and found that the loot was many times more valuable than the bronze chests! Just as he expected! It contained ten times more triangular coins and oval shaped ancient mirror. On the frame of the mirror, it had a slot which made it look special.

When Xu Liao saw how much triangular coins he obtained he was naturally in the best of moods. He casually grasped and acknowledged the notification from his demon identification card. This time it was 2100 credits! If he added up all the money he had gotten so far in his life it wouldn’t even hold a candle to how much money he has right now! Even to many adults, tens of thousands of RMB is also considered a huge amount.

Default Chapter 32 Portal

Xu Liao didn’t delay as he accepted the credits and hurriedly grabbed the ancient oval shaped mirror.

– – Would you like to accept the Portal Door?

Along with the notification came a line of explanation.

Portal Door: A tool that connects the Emperor Court and the real world. Credits are needed to activate the portal. One Credit per usage.

A look of excitement flashed across his face.

“This mirror is actually a portal? And it could be used to leave this Void world? Then what am I still worried about? Even without Sun Bo Fang, I can still leave this place! Currently, I have 2300 credits.. and even if I enter and leave once every day, I can still do it for three or four years… But still, this isolated Void world was actually named Emperor Court? It seems rather ominous…” Xu Liao thought in his heart.

Though Xu Liao felt that the Void world was getting increasing interesting, but he didn’t want to linger any longer. Before he was forcefully transported into the Void world, he had spent quite a lot of time for the special training with Sun Bo Fang. Additionally, he had already spent a few hours inside this Void world. He didn’t know how would time progress in the real world compared to the Void world. If he didn’t get back in time, his mother would be worried sick.

Xu Liao then turned his gaze to the slot on the side of the Portal Door. Whipping out his golden demon identification card, he tried to slot it into the Portal Door. As Xu Liao expected, it fit perfectly and a notification appeared asking if Xu Liao was willing to deduct one credit.

Xu agreed with a slight hesitation in his voice.

“… I simply don’t have enough time today. When the next occasion requires me to be here once again, I must have my fun then!”

The Portal Door then proceeded on to deduct one credit and immediately projected a two meter tall golden circle of light in front of Xu Liao.

Before heading into the portal, Xu Liao casually stretched his limbs to relax, then he lifted his right leg and stepped into the portal. With just one step, he exited the Portal Door and arrived somewhere on the other end of the Huai Demon Street. Sunlight bathed his body and caused his to eyes narrow as he stared up towards the sky. Apparently the strong rays of sunlight indicated that it was still in the afternoon!

“…. So time stops when I’m in the Void world..?” Xu Liao murmured softly to himself as he walked down the street towards the bamboo house.

His bronze key was long gone. Whether Sun Bo Fang took it or it was swallowed by the Stars Devouring Formula, he didn’t know. But luckily he didn’t require it anymore. By enveloping himself with dark demonic energy, he could enter the yard by himself.

Within the bamboo house, Sun Bo Fang was nowhere to be found. As Xu Liao searched the entire house, he spotted the Bluetooth speaker that was still on the window ledge, and the coffee that Sun Bo Fang always drank was still at the same position, as if the owner was still nearby.

“Phew…”

Xu Liao let out a sigh of relief. He didn’t understand why Sun Bo Fang said that he would wait for him for twenty four hours, but wasn’t around now. Xu Liao ability had improved, and while he wasn’t afraid of facing Sun Bo Fang once again, it would be the best case scenario if he didn’t meet Sun Bo Fang at all.

Xu Liao didn’t wander around the bamboo house for too long, and immediately headed home. After all, considering the time spent in the Void world, he indeed had been out for a long time today. When he reached home, he found out that his mother wasn’t back yet. Only after thirty minutes later then did his mother come home. As she stepped through the door, Xu Liao saw her haggard face and thought that her overtime at work was taking its toll on her. Other than feeling slightly saddened, he was rather relieved because he knew that he wouldn’t be nagged at. Quietly, Xu Liao turned around and went to his room to finish his homework.

Some time had passed and he finished his homework. He then sat down for dinner with his mother before heading back to his room once again and collapsed sleepily onto his bed. Thinking back, his whole day had been rather eventful, but it wasn’t the life that he wanted.

All he wants is to have a peaceful life!

Xu Liao put both of his arms over his eyes and murmured to himself.

“Maybe… maybe this stimulating life would be gone tomorrow… From tomorrow on, everything will be back to normal…”

… … … … … …

Xu Liao looked as if he was in a daze.

But in truth, he was staring at the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon’s control panel, analysing data. It wasn’t until when someone tapped his shoulder then he quickly snapped back into reality and hurriedly kept the projection.

A sweet girl’s voice entered his ears.

“Xu Liao!! Miss Li is calling for you!! … are you okay?”

Xu Liao gave her a quick smile and replied. “I’m alright.”

“By the way, did you see what was in front of me?”

He slightly hesitated before asking curiously.

The girl who tapped on Xu Liao’s shoulder was Yu Qiang Wei. She was his classmate and the one whom was best friends with Qu Lei. She didn’t talk with Xu Liao often, just acquaintances. But recently, she had turned rather cold and started to judge him.

Yu Qiang Wei was slightly puzzled.

“Something in front of you?”

Although Xu Liao knew that the projection could not be seen by any normal human being, but he just wanted to make sure by asking. Only after his experiment was concluded then was he able to rest assured.

“Nevermind.” Xu Liao said casually and smiled lightly.

He then swung his bag over his shoulders and walked towards the teacher’s office. Yu Qiang Wei felt a little hesitant, but she couldn’t form her words, so she just kept silent and followed behind him.

Throughout the journey, Xu Liao didn’t turn his head back at all. All he was thinking about now was about the Void world.

Ever since that day, Sun Bo Fang had completely disappeared. Xu Liao’s had slowly restored back to its peaceful days. He even participated in two basketball competitions. Both competitions were friendly matches against two other junior high school basketball teams. Xu Liao performed terrifyingly well in both matches due to his inhuman reaction speeds and his innate bodily quality. Even if he wasn’t even using his full power, he was simply unstoppable.

Despite regaining his peaceful life once again, in the corner of his mind there was always a nagging thought that reminded him of the Void world in the Huai Demon Street. However, he didn’t step in it again.

When he finally reached the teacher’s office, Xu Liao couldn’t help but wonder why his form teacher would ask Yu Qiang Wei to find him. As he opened the door, he spotted a fuming expression on Miss Li’s face.

Miss Li was only a little over thirty, dressed rather conservatively and wore a pair of dark framed spectacles. This made her look much older than her actual age.

She stared at Xu Liao angrily and said: “You are already a third year student! How many times must I tell you to put studies as your first priority? Why do you get yourself into such situations? And even photographed by someone?”

Xu Liao was puzzled at her claim. But at that moment, she slammed a stack of photographs on the table and continued: “Explain to me. Now. Why are both of you always together?”

Glancing over the photos on the table, Xu Liao realized that all of it is only of him and Zhao Yan Qin.

But rather than thinking of why did someone snap photos of them, instead he was wondering … “Was I this close to Zhao Yan Qin? Even the school has traces of both of us?”

Then within Xu Liao’s mind appeared Zhao Yan Qin’s true looks.

Elegant as a fairy, this little demon maiden chattering as if alive in his memories – her features and voice refreshingly clear.

This caused Xu Liao to feel slightly proud; to be walking together with a beauty like her would be the envy of even a thousand men.

Default Chapter 33 Younger Sister

When Miss Li found out that Xu Liao was without any ounce of regret and remorse on his face, her blaze turned into a firestorm.

“At this moment! If you do not explain clearly what is going on, I WILL contact your parents and get them to explain these photos to me here! Don’t you realize how tight your time is in the third year? These few coming months is going to decide the fate for the rest of your life. Why can’t you leave your love pursuits till when you get to high school? Must you waste your time at such a turning point in your life?!”

While Xu Liao still kept a straight face, he didn’t want to implicate his mother in this matter. Besides, he was innocent after all. Being all close and touchy at that time wasn’t because they were dating. But rather, was because both of them were demons … which obviously couldn’t be used as a reason.

If you told the others that Zhao Yan Qin and himself were close because they were demons, instead of being fearful, they would be already rolling of the floor laughing at the absurdness of his excuse. Moreover, Zhao Yan Qin not back up Xu Liao at all because she wanted to conceal her identity.

“… Argh. How do I explain this to Miss Li? I have no prepared lines for such matters… I should have went through practices with Zhao Yan Qin for such situations. If I randomly babble a reason, and when its her turn to explain her version, our reasons wouldn’t tally at all… isn’t this asking for more trouble?”

Xu Liao was in a dilemma as he sweated profusely in his mind.

However, at this moment, Yu Qiang Wei’s voice rang from behind Xu Liao. “Miss Li! Xu.. Xu Liao and Zhao Yan Qin are not dating! These photos… are photoshopped!!”

(TL: Yes… raws actually literally meant photoshopped.)

Xu Liao was rather surprised inside his heart that Yu Qiang Wei would speak up for him, but he still didn’t turn around.

Yu Qiang Wei took a deep breath and mustered her courage to explain a few ‘flaws’ in these photos using the most professional voice she could mimic. Miss Li was nodding her head constantly at the side while listening to her explanation. She was indeed somehow convinced that the photos had been edited.

Xu Liao still maintained his straight face, but inside he was almost panting with amazement at how Yu Qiang Wei completely turned the situation around single-handedly. Besides, he knew in his heart that the photos were a hundred percent real. Besides being fifty percent of the party involved, of course he knew which places Zhao Yan Qin and him visited before. The locations were identical in his memory as with the photos scattered across the table.

Yu Qiang Wei went on nonstop for half an hour. Miss Li could only sigh after listening to her detailed analysis. Clearly she trusted her student committee a lot and didn’t think that she would be deceived by any of them.

Miss Li then turned to Xu Liao and started nagging him to study properly to achieve good results. Lastly, she made Xu Liao promise to constantly report the movements of the class to her, and finally she sent the two back to class with a wave of her hand. Though she didn’t directly apologize to Xu Liao, her tone and attitude were completely different as if she acknowledged that it was her mistake. Naturally she didn’t pursue the matter any further.

While he didn’t expect that he would get away with the matter so easily, he didn’t say a word at all during the entire chiding session. It was only after when Yu Qiang Wei pulled him out of the teacher’s office then he openly thanked her.

“It is all thanks to you! If not for you, I would definitely be punished by Miss Li! And.. my parents would probably halfway here by now!”

Yu Qiang Wei however, suspiciously scanned the surroundings and when she confirmed that no one was here, she grabbed Xu Liao by shirt and pulled him close.

“Those photos must be real right? I’ve already seen you and Zhao Yan Qin together many times. You have chased Qu Lei for such a long time already – though I had always thought that you weren’t suitable for her, but at least I thought that you are hardworking and sincere! But now, I never thought that you, who looked so honest and reliable … is actually a flirt!!” She said in a low tone.

Xu Liao couldn’t help by raise his brow.

“… Then why did you help me to cover the truth?”

Yu Qiang Wei’s face turned ugly and said coldly: “Of course I have my own reasons. Why do I need to tell you? Remember from now on, stay away from Zhao Yan Qin. If not, I will tell the truth to everyone and spoil your reputation!”

Little did she expect what Xu Liao would do next…

Rubbing his nose with his index finger, Xu Liao face reddened slightly and looked downwards before speaking in a low, deep voice: “ .. Zhao Yan Qin is my younger sister!!”

Xu Liao made up a lie on the spot. After all, it was much easier than explaining the entire story that no one would believe anyway.

Yu Qiang Wei’s face froze. After a period of time then she lowered her head and said in a cute manner: “.. Is that … true?”

However, Xu Liao just shrugged his shoulders.

“You also know that I am from a single-parent family. We have the same father, but a different mother…”

Xu Liao didn’t try very hard to prove his own statement, but the way he handled the situation was a smart way of making others connecting up the remaining details with their own imagination.

Yu Qiang Wei turned red again and immediately apologized to Xu Liao.

“I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to pry on your family matters. I was too rash on this matter…”

This rather cold female acquaintance was actually blushing to the extent that she couldn’t find any other words to say to Xu Liao. For this to befall Yu Qiang Wei was simply too rare!
    Xu Liao scratched his head and smiled meekly.

“For this matter… I don’t want to let too many people know..! By any chance, do you know who passed the photos to Miss Li?

Yu Qiang Wei hesitated for second before giving away all the information she knew.

In a soft voice, she whispered: “It was Gao Wen Hu! As you know, he likes Qu Lei, so he detests you. He secretly stalked the two of you for a long time and took a lot of photos!”

Although the feeling was mutual between Xu Liao and Gao Wen Hu, but Xu Liao didn’t expect that he would be despicable to this extent. If it wasn’t for Yu Qiang Wei’s impromptu performance, Xu Liao wouldn’t know how would he escape from Miss Li the next time.

Xu Liao then smiled warmly and asked: “Then why did you help me? I know it definitely wasn’t because of Qu Lei since you don’t want me to chase her either.”

Yu QIang Wei bit her lower lip as she played with her fingers nervously.

“I… I am the cheerleading captain of the basketball team.. Didn’t you know?”

Xu Liao was taken aback slightly. He really didn’t know about that. Yu Qiang Wei had helped him because he was the saviour of the basketball team!

Yu Qiang Wei then clenched her fist into a little ball as she opened her cherry-like lips.

“I will definitely keep this matter a secret! And please give your best for the basketball team. Our school had never reached the National League before. I had almost given up hope when our main players left.

Xu Liao smiled and held his fist up for a fist-bump. “With me around, there is no problem!”

Yu Qiang Wei shyly fist bumped Xu Liao and quickly kept her hands into her pockets.

“With me around, there is no problem!” These words by Xu Liao kept ringing in her mind.

Xu Liao had said it with absolute confidence!

He could afford to be this arrogant because of his abilities. Unless he meets another demon youngster, he would be nigh unstoppable otherwise.

Yu Qiang Wei wasn’t fond of Xu Liao all along, but in that instance, she suddenly felt that this fat young man was shining so brightly in her eyes. Her heart couldn’t help but beat faster.

“It seems like… … this fatty is quite cute.”

Xu Liao was totally unaware that his image in Yu Qiang Wei’s eyes suddenly turned 360 degrees!

Actually, it wasn’t that Xu Liao did not want to use his perfect human form, but he was very worried about attracting unwanted attention as the people that were close to him would probably recognize him. Thus, he could only activate the Heavenly Demon Purgatory to make himself look slightly fatter. So it was still acceptable for people to call him “fatty”.

(ED: Actually, the last paragraph was taken from the first paragraph of the next chapter. I’m pretty sure there are many people wondering whether the author had a herpaderp moment. Well, treat the paragraph as a teaser for the next chap I suppose~~~)

Default Chapter 34 Demon Alignment

Actually, it wasn’t that Xu Liao didn’t want to use his perfect human form, but he was very worried about attracting unwanted attention as the people that were close to him would probably recognize him. Thus, he could only activate the Heavenly Demon Purgatory to make himself look slightly fatter. So it was still acceptable for people to call him “fatty”.

Yu Qiang Wei stared blankly the young man in front of her for a while before snapping out of the daze. She then blushed bright red and turned around in a hurry before running away.

Xu Liao let out a sigh of relief. In his heart, he was glad that his lie wasn’t exposed. Not delaying for too long, he decided to find Zhao Yan Qin to tally their statements.

As for Gao Wen Hu? Xu Liao had decided to give him a good lesson. If not, how could he accept this loss?

After school, Xu Liao and Zhao Yan Qin met up at a nearby coffee house on the Huai Demon Street. Zhao Yan Qin was dressed in a light purple blouse paired with tight-fitting jeans which outlined her curves splendidly. A short waist jacket was draped on her shoulders as she stirred her coffee while laughing saucily.

Xu Liao couldn’t help but purse his lips in anger slightly.

“What’s so funny about this?”

Zhao Yan Qin immediately stopped laughing and put on a stern expression.

“I will not pose as your younger sister!”

Xu Liao slumped back onto the chair and scratched his head in distress.

“Then what do I do? I’d already told Yu Qiang Wei about it .. and there isn’t any other better excuses!”

Zhao Yan Qin curved her lips coquettishly.

“…But neither will I deny it! So you can continue to lie if you wish.”

Xu Liao let out a sigh of relief. He felt as if he was on a rollercoaster by the way Zhao Yan Qin played with him. Zhao Yan Qin stole a glance at Xu Liao’s expression and couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

“Hahaha! If you want me to call you big brother, it isn’t that simple! Using this as an excuse to lie to a girl! You are a terrible man!” She rolled her eyes naughtily and giggled.

While he didn’t expect that negotiating with Zhao Yan Qin would go without a hitch, he didn’t expect her to misunderstand the situation like this! He quickly explained further that he didn’t have any ulterior motives, but Zhao Yan Qin stubbornly refused to believe what he said and the conversation lasted on for a long time. At last, Xu Liao realized that no matter what he said, he could not get through her head. This made him suddenly feel like he had splitting headache.

Quietly admitting defeat, he decided to shut his mouth as he downed his mocca in a single breath. Then he ordered another cup of mango smoothie along with some pastries.

Zhao Yan Qin leaned on the table with her elbow supporting her head. She laughed cheekily like a little fox when she saw him go silent.

“Why did you order so many? Although the pastries in this shop are tasty, but they are very expensive too!”

Despite not being very rich financially, he wasn’t used to having a girl treat him all the time, so when he was with Zhao Yan Qin; he would be inclined to pay. Zhao Yan Qin on the other hand, was a smart and understanding girl, so naturally she wouldn’t make Xu Liao spend too much money, so she only ordered a cup of coffee.

Xu Liao put his hands on his hips as he adopted a proud pose and spoke.

“Recently I’ve made a fortune! So treating you is no biggie. But to make things clear, this is not a bribe or anything!”

Zhao Yan Qin’s expression fell slightly and asked in a low voice: “Did you get the money from Sun Bo Fang?”

Before even letting Xu Liao answer, with a slight panic in her voice, she added: “That man is very dangerous! I’ve seen you and him closely together recently, but I’d always wanted to remind you to stay as far away as possible from him!”

Xu Liao had a somewhat puzzled expression.

“I’d been wondering for some time, why does everyone in Huai Demon Street seemed to be familiar with him?” Xu Liao asked curiously.

Zhao Yan Qin’s eyes went wide. “Didn’t Sun Bo Fang tell you about it? He grew up in Huai Demon Street since birth!”

Shock could be seen in Xu Liao’s eyes, then he narrowed his brows before asking: “Why? Isn’t he the disciple of the Longevity Sect? How is it possible that he is a resident of the Huai Demon Street since he isn’t a demon?”

“Who told you that a demon couldn’t be a disciple of the Longevity Sect!?” Zhao Yan Qin’s round eyes stared at Xu Liao in disbelief.

After taking a few deep breaths, Xu Liao pulled himself together and pondered for a while. Indeed, Zhao Yan Qin did not mention this before, but since she said that the Eighteen Xian Faction and the demons were enemies, he naturally concluded that the cultivators in the Eighteen Xian Faction were purely humans.

“… So.. demons can also align themselves with the Eighteen Xian Faction? Aren’t they the Sect for human cultivators that are meant to go against the demons?”

Zhao Yan Qin let out a cute sigh and said: “Didn’t I tell you before in the beginning that most of the humans have demonic genes in them? Human cultivators know that the humans originated from ancient demons! The Eighteen Xian Faction and Yin Zong Liu Faction hopes that all of their disciples are pure bred humans, but they can only face the hard facts without a choice.”

It was as if Xu Liao just found a revelation in his life. He exclaimed: “Demons can actually align with the Eighteen Xian Faction!!”

Zhao Yan Qin however just shook her head and sighed.

“Just how deep are you in a well? The Eighteen Xian Faction and our Million Demon Clan have various conditions in the contract. Some of those contracts are to train newly born demons. If you have the heart to improve or learn more skills, you can take part in their training classes. The lessons are fully paid by the Million Demon Clan – you don’t even have to pay a single penny!”

Xu Liao’s eyes widened further.

“There are training classes?!”

Zhao Yan Qin simply nodded her head, paying no heed to Xu Liao’s speechlessness. As Xu Liao was in a daze, he remembered something important and continued to ask: “Sp why did you say that Sun Bo Fang is dangerous?”

Zhao Yan Qin’s pretty face turned dull and sternly lectured him.

“In the past, Huai Demon Street had a few murder cases related to him, but there were no evidences to prove that it was him. Even Grandma Huai couldn’t do much about him.”

Since he was faced in a similar situation where he himself was nearly killed by Sun Bo Fang, he also witnessed personally how Sun Bo Fang devoured the Storm Legion demons without a trace, he naturally believed what Zhao Yan Qin said.

“Hmph, I didn’t expect that this guy was already this vicious since young. How exactly did get into the Longevity Sect?”

“He joined the Longevity Sect’s training classes and performed extraordinarily. Thus, he got selected into the Sect. Then he left Huai Demon Street for over ten years and suddenly came back. What did you do when you were with him?”

Xu Liao turned silent for a moment, then said in a low voice: “…I didn’t get the money from Sun Bo Fang. They were from the …Void World. That was where I picked up some credits.” He hesitated but still decided to speak the truth.

At the mention of the Void world, Zhao Yan Qin’s eyes stared hard at Xu Liao with fright.

“Why did you enter that place?! Oh.. I know, Sun Bo Fang forced you right? Because you’d awakened the Undead Tree Blood pulse, he was unafraid of the time slit. How could he do that! The Undead Tree Blood pulse can pass through three worlds, ignoring all the forbidden spells, but that only applied to old demons that were already matured! You’d just awakened and did not receive any blood pulse inheritance, entering that place is just suicide!”

At the end of her sentence, Zhao Yan Qin had already almost jumped out from her seat in panic. This action made Xu Liao rather touched. Then he tried to console the little demoness by saying: “Aren’t I standing before you here right now? Sun Bo Fang had already left, there won’t be anyone forcing me into the Void world anymore!”

When Xu Liao finished his sentence, a familiar yet hateful voice rang beside his ear…

“Who said I had left?”

Default Chapter 35 Emperor Court Training Area

Sun Bo Fang was dressed in a pink shirt, with a dashing suit that masked his initial demeanour, appearing as if he was a European fashionista. With a simple yet overbearing smile, he crossed his arms behind Xu Liao, acting just like a cat that played with a mouse.

Xu Liao froze in panic once he heard that dreadful voice he hadn’t heard in a while. Without waiting for Xu Liao to respond, Sun Bo Fang continued with a bored tone: “I found out that our relationship hadn’t been proceeding very smoothly, so I made a trip back to the Longevity Sect to collect a Golden Bug.”

After hearing that sentence, Xu Liao’s eyes narrowed as he thought to himself: “This Golden Bug must be another one of his absurdly strong demons. This time he purposely brought it here to go against me… This thing must be much stronger than the black beetles…!”

On the side, once Zhao Yan Qin heard him mention the ‘Golden Bug’, her expression fell and shouted at Sun Bo Fang.

“Who did you use the Golden Bug on?!”

“A woman. And the name of her son seemed to be … Xu Liao! Maybe the both of you know who she is?” Sun Bo Fang merely shrugged his shoulders and casually spoke.

Xu Liao then understood that the Golden Bug isn’t a battle tool, but rather it was a tool to control beings. When Sun Bo Fang went back to the sect to retrieve the Golden Bug, it wasn’t to use it to battle head on against Xu Liao, but to inject some sort of venom in his mother to control her.

At the thought of this, Xu Liao gritted his teeth in anger and shouted at Sun Bo Fang.

“What do you want to do? Keep this Golden Bug now or I will kill you!!”

“You want to kill me? It isn’t as easy as you think! Besides, even if you manage to kill me, as the owner of this Golden Bug, after my death, it will cause your mother to experience a pain worse than death. I personally witnessed one person who perished under the venom of the Golden Bug. He was a disciple of the Longevity Sect that had betrayed us and as a result, was injected the Golden Bug venom. Seven days and seven nights he yelled and screamed in pain, clawing out chunks of his own flesh, trying to end his own life to cease the torment he faced every single second. Do you want to witness how someone under the influence of the venom for yourself?” Sun Bo Fang sneered.

Xu Liao could only grit his teeth in silence, unable to think of any solution.

Noticing Xu Liao’s helplessness, Sun Bo Fang laughed and smiled evilly: “That’s right! This is a public place! Shouting here is very rude. Why don’t we slowly discuss over a cup of coffee?”

He then sat down and gestured for the waitress as if nothing happened at all!

The nearby demons that had stopped to watch their ‘clash’ slowly dispersed once they noticed Sun Bo Fang and Xu Liao sat down for a ‘peaceful chat’.

Zhao Yan Qin seemed to be frightened of Sun Bo Fang. She sat close to Xu Liao and quietly grabbed his shirt.

“So? What exactly do you want to do?” Xu Liao spoke in a low voice, trying to suppress the urge to make a move on Sun Bo Fang.

“I had told you the last time that I want the Ghost vine. As long I receive the Ghost vine, I will treat your mother.” Sun Bo Fang replied casually.

Xu Liao laughed coldly.

“Words coming from a person like you? Naturally I wouldn’t believe it.”

Sun Bo Fang opened his arms and shrugged.

“I hadn’t been lying to you. Previously, I didn’t feel that you are even worth lying to, but right now I realize that there is no need to lie. Those that you shouldn’t know, you already know. That Void world is a training area that was collaborated by the Million Demon Clan and he Eighteen Xian Faction based on a human online game template. However, those that exist within the Void world are real! The demonic beasts, chests and all sorts of treasures within are all real!”

Beside Xu Liao, Zhao Yan Qin nodded and suddenly spoke in a low voice.

“What he said was true. The Emperor Court training area is full of danger. Once there was a huge scale battle and accidentally triggered a turbulence within Void world , causing deaths of many human cultivators and demons alike. The Million Demon Clan and the Eighteen Xian Faction did an investigation later and found that the training area was filled with dimensional cracks that linked to the Void world. No one was able to repair these cracks, therefore the entire area was left abandoned and eventually separated from the Huai Demon Street which initially belonged to as a whole.”

Xu Liao felt a little shocked as he finally got to know the origin of the Void world.

When Sun Bo Fang’s coffee arrived, he took a sip and then spoke casually: “So you have a decision to make now. Work with me? Or watch your mother die? Choose.”

Xu Liao went silent once again.

He knew that this question only had one answer!

Sun Bo Fang didn’t push Xu Liao for an immediate answer. Rather, he was very patient, slowly sipping his coffee as if he wasn’t in a rush at all.

Among the three, Zhao Yan Qin was the most worried. She didn’t know how to persuade Xu Liao. Of course she didn’t want him to have anything to do with Sun Bo Fang, but she couldn’t stop him now because his mother’s life is in the hands of Sun Bo Fang.

Unmoving like a statue, Xu Liao seemingly entered a weird mental realm. His body didn’t emit any signs of life.

Soon, after ten minutes, he slowly regained his vitality and spoke in a low voice: “..How does the Ghost Vine look like?"

Sun Bo Fang smiled warmly, not appearing to be shocked as if he knew Xu Liao’s decision from the start.

“The Ghost Vine looks like a ball that is made up of vines. But it is much larger than you think. It has a natural ability to link Yin and Yang and also tends to devour essence and blood of creatures. The likely place you might find it is a place full of bones, and with a gloomy atmosphere. Also…”

He continued to describe the looks of the Ghost Vine; the attributes, possible attacking style and other various notable actions, giving Xu Liao a verbal full course on the Ghost Vine.

The Ghost Vine itself is considered a demonic monster plant. If it has a spiritual consciousness, it can be considered to be a demon.

Monsters and demons both of a difference of spiritual consciousness, but just that this difference is a vast one.

Natural born demons are extremely rare. From the late Qing dynasty onwards, there wasn’t any method to cultivate from monster to demon. The Ghost Vine’s cultivation success will be extremely low.

With a straight expression, Xu Liao listened to everything patiently before finally speaking in a cold tone.

“It’s very dangerous inside. Although I’m not afraid of the Void world cracks, but I have no way to fight against those powerful demonic beasts, even if I enter once more, I don’t have much hope of finding the Ghost Vine.”

“The Void World originally was an advanced training area which raised numerous vicious demonic beasts. From the day it was abandoned till today, there is nothing to control their growth. Naturally it is more dangerous than before. Therefore, I will give you some equipment!” Sun Bo Fang casually laughed and waved his arm, revealing a string of beads.

“Put this on, at least you can survive under the attacks of most demonic beasts within the Void world.” Sun Bo Fang spoke and tossed the beads over to Xu Liao.

Once Xu Liao caught it, he examined it and found that it looked quite ordinary.

“This looks like a common string of beads?” Xu Liao replied, slightly puzzled.

“Common string of beads?! This is my Lightning Bodhi Beads! How can it be compared to those normal bracelets that humans carry!” Sun Bo Fang couldn’t maintain his usual casualness and glared angrily at Xu Liao.

Default Chapter 36 Looting Monster Drops

“These Lightning Bodhi Beads are worth thousands of credits. Each bead is blessed by elemental masters of lightning for over thirty times. Every single bead is enough to destroy a low level demonic beast. Those demonic beasts you fought in the past won’t even stand a chance against one of these beads.”

Xu Liao fiddled with the string of beads in his hands as he tried to wrap his head around the fact that these were powerful equipment. It looked exactly like those beads sold on the roadsides for a few hundred RMB.

“So you meant that a normal string of beads under the blessing of lightning for over three thousand times by someone could make the equipment worth over a thousand times its original cost? This sure is easy money making!” Xu Liao made a serious face while pondering over various money making strategies.

Sun Bo Fang rolled his eyes and snorted as he was lazy to argue with him.

“Yea, as if!”

Xu Liao then continued: “So how do I use these Lightning Bodhi Beads?”

Sun Bo Fang had a rather foul mood when Xu Liao didn’t appear to have appreciated the true worth of the beads as he spoke in an agitated tone: “Fuse it with your demonic Qi and it will trigger the lightning curse from inside. Throw it out the moment you fuse the bead with your demonic Qi and it will explode upon contact. Even if there is no contact, it will automatically detonate five seconds later.”

“Wow. This thing sure has some cool technological features! So I won’t have to worry like those old war movies where people will just lob the grenade back at me!” Xu Liao’s eyes widened as he expressed his amazement.

Sun Bo Fang however, had no mood to entertain Xu Liao’s nonsense. He then asked: “When will you return to the Void world?”

As Xu Liao kept the Lightning Bodhi Beads, he replied curtly: “Now.”

Whether Sun Bo Fang was speaking the truth Xu Liao had no way to find out, but in order to quickly release his mother from Sun Bo Fang’s grasp, he had to find the Ghost Vine as soon as possible.

Sun Bo Fang’s eyes lit up as he laughed: “That’s great!”

Xu Liao then turned towards Zhao Yan Qin and speaking in a low voice: “Head on home first. Try not to tell anyone else about this.”

Zhao Yan Qin gave a quick nod. Initially, she wanted to remind Xu Liao about Sun Bo Fang. But with the person in question right in front of them, naturally she didn’t say anything so she kept quiet.

Sun Bo Fang graciously paid the bills and the three of them left the cafe.

Though Zhao Yan Qin still had many things to say to Xu Liao, but in the end she could only look as both of them entered the bamboo house. She gritted her teeth and said softly to herself: “I will find Grandma Huai. Only she can help this situation.”

Xu Liao didn’t reveal his portal door, he only stared quietly at Sun Bo Fang as he summoned the black hole once again. It didn’t take long for the summoning to be complete; Xu Liao couldn’t help but feel slightly uncomfortable at the sight of the black hole.

Originally by nature, Xu Liao was only an ordinary junior high school student until recently. Without any sort of ambition and adventurous spirit, it can be said that he doesn’t desire to be a martial artist at all.

When he entered the Emperor Court, he had received a lot of benefits, but at the same time he faced similar dangers. If not for Sun Bo Fang’s threat, maybe he wouldn’t even step into the Void world so soon.

“I will open the entrance every one hour and wait for you for twenty four hours. If you don’t return within twenty four hours, the venom within your mother’s body will react… and the consequences … I will let you decide.” Sun Bo Fang said casually.

After being able to vibrate his demonic Qi, not only he was able to form into demonic Qi ripples, he could even transform into a demon and cultivate the Star Devouring Formula. His ability improved at a tremendous pace. In the Void world, he devoured a huge amount of dull golden thatches and caused his Demonic Force Value to soar a few thousand points. Additionally, he also acquired the shadowless whip technique. Thus, Xu Liao was rather confident with his current self.

If not for the underhanded methods that Sun Bo Fang employed, he would definitely attempt to kill this guy.

While Sun Bo Fang was about usher Xu Liao into the black hole, he suddenly remembered something important.

“Wait. How did you get out from there?”

Xu Liao just closed his eyes and shrugged.

“There were many cracks. From our conversation before, they should be the dimensional cracks. I was chased by a huge group of demonic trees and accidentally fell into a crack. That’s how I got out.”

Never in hell would Xu Liao tell Sun Bo Fang the truth. With the portal door in hand, there may come a time when Xu Liao needed it in an emergency.

Sun Bo Fang seemed to believe Xu Liao as he laughed.

“You merely got lucky because you have the Undead Tree blood pulse so you could escape successfully. But this method is very dangerous. Maybe the next time it wouldn’t send you out here but instead enter a dimensional turbulence. When that happens you can forget about ever returning here!”

Xu Liao remained calm and did not react to the warning. Without saying a word, he activated the Heavenly Demon Purgatory and dived into the black hole.

After ten minutes, Xu Liao finally landed on the ground. However, this time his luck was terrible!

“What!? Seriously..?”

There were more than ten demonic beasts clashing at the entrance of the Void world. On one side, there were beasts with huge fangs, and the beasts with huge fangs attacked a demonic beast that had a similar shape with an ape which was covered with layers of fiery red fur.

Xu Liao had not seen this demonic beast before, but when he saw that the red fur ape was still standing strong when it was being outnumbered by the beasts with huge fangs, it can be guessed how powerful this ape was.

The unfamiliar presence of Xu Liao suddenly attracted all of the demonic beasts’ attention. Without hesitation, they started to surround Xu Liao, picking a fight with him.

Despite having a high Demonic Force Value and various other abilities, he was still green when it comes to dealing with so many demonic beasts at once. He could only dodge and try to distance himself while thinking of a strategy.

Xu Liao had some experience with the beast with huge fangs, and was rather confident to deal with them. However, this red fur ape seemed much stronger than the usual bunch. Its speed was on par or maybe even faster than Xu Liao! While he was dodging, he had been blocked by the red fur ape for a few times. As if giving a warning, the red fur ape swung its huge arms casually and forced Xu Liao back into the battle.

For a few more times, Xu Liao had tried to escape by was again blocked by the red fur ape. Irritated by its actions, Xu Liao could take it no more. He raised his arms and materialized the dark golden lance.

Hmph!!

Taking up a stance, his right foot to the front and left feet to the back, he tossed the lance with all his might at the red fur ape.

Although the red fur ape was faster than Xu Liao, but since it was occupied with the beasts with huge fangs, by the time it felt the imminent danger, it was too late. A dark light flashed through the red fur ape’s chest and heart, piercing through the other side of the body.

Without waiting to see what happened to the red fur ape, Xu Liao immediately used the chance to escape, and within a short period of time, he escaped the encirclement.

It was only at these kind of crucial situations when the result of Sun Bo Fang’s hellish training could be seen. At a set distance between Xu Liao and the demonic beasts, he then twisted his body around and activated the Jasper Seven Stars Mantis Demon. A five meter tall demonic shadow appeared on his back, swinging both scythes to form an ‘X’.

*RIIIP*

Huge blade waves screeched through the air and tore towards the direction of the demonic beasts.

After achieving the vibration of demonic Qi, he could cause the blade waves to vibrate at 100kHertz; it was this that made his blade waves function like a high frequency electromagnetic sword. Slicing through anything like a hot knife through butter, and even destroying the molecular bonds in matter!