Thread: Blue Veins (殭)

Default Blue Veins (殭)

Blue Veins (殭)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/xmlYvzX.jpg')

Cast:
    Kevin Cheng
    Kay Tse
    Eddie Kwan
    Grace Chan

Hello ,have anyone watch this drama here ?
    How this drama compare to ATV I have a date with Vampires ?

I wasn't going to watch this series but I was curious to see how Hubert fared in his first series. To be fair, the story is not that bad but it is not engaging to me. The vampire vs undead is kind of interesting but then 80% of the screen time is of goofy minor characters acting. The CGI is annoying at first but then you get used to it. I quite like the fight scenes when they is minimal CGI. The actors do look formidable though they might have had some training. But I still hate the vampire growling noises. I like Netherland scenes and the scenes are refreshing as opposed the forests of tall building in Hong Kong.

Kevin is OK as the main lead, but he does not grab my attention. I am not at all interested in the love triangle between Kevin, Kay and Grace because it sort of reminds me of the love triangle between Eric, Joey and Kristy in MDWAV 1. I am more interested in the supporting characters like Eddie, Joel, Hubert, Vincent and even Moon. I personally find the 4 younger characters are disengaging but their acting is quite good, if only the writing was better. A special mention to Winki Lai who I quite like.

I am at ep 30 so far, and am 3 eps from the ending. So far, I am most interested in the Eddie Kwan's character, who is a very well written character and very well acted by Eddie. I quite like the relationship he has with Hubert and Moon. Hubert acting is not great but he does manage to convey the naivety and loneliness of his character. Moon is also doing well in a more mature role compared to her previous works and I do find she is more natural than Grace in most scenes. I am quite intrigued by the super vampires like Joel and Vincent who are doing great in their roles and holding their ground despite very limited screen time. I am so looking forward to the big battle between the Eddie & Kevin vs Joel & Vincent.

It is a shame that that the plotline is so predictable. My guess is either time travel or aliens. I appreciate TVB's effort to go for a different genre but the writing needs to improve. MDWAV is still much better though BV is not all bad, just not great.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I wasn't going to watch this series but I was curious to see how Hubert fared in his first series. To be fair, the story is not that bad but it is not engaging to me. The vampire vs undead is kind of interesting but then 80% of the screen time is of goofy minor characters acting. The CGI is annoying at first but then you get used to it. I quite like the fight scenes when they is minimal CGI. The actors do look formidable though they might have had some training. But I still hate the vampire growling noises. I like Netherland scenes and the scenes are refreshing as opposed the forests of tall building in Hong Kong.

Kevin is OK as the main lead, but he does not grab my attention. I am not at all interested in the love triangle between Kevin, Kay and Grace because it sort of reminds me of the love triangle between Eric, Joey and Kristy in MDWAV 1. I am more interested in the supporting characters like Eddie, Joel, Hubert, Vincent and even Moon. I personally find the 4 younger characters are disengaging but their acting is quite good, if only the writing was better. A special mention to Winki Lai who I quite like.

I am at ep 30 so far, and am 3 eps from the ending. So far, I am most interested in the Eddie Kwan's character, who is a very well written character and very well acted by Eddie. I quite like the relationship he has with Hubert and Moon. Hubert acting is not great but he does manage to convey the naivety and loneliness of his character. Moon is also doing well in a more mature role compared to her previous works and I do find she is more natural than Grace in most scenes. I am quite intrigued by the super vampires like Joel and Vincent who are doing great in their roles and holding their ground despite very limited screen time. I am so looking forward to the big battle between the Eddie & Kevin vs Joel & Vincent.

It is a shame that that the plotline is so predictable. My guess is either time travel or aliens. I appreciate TVB's effort to go for a different genre but the writing needs to improve. MDWAV is still much better though BV is not all bad, just not great.
    eddie kwan died so fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    eddie kwan died so fast lol
    I think it was expected from the time he
    click to show/hide spoilers
    killed his undead friend. His only motivation was to cure his son and kill vampires. For someone with his personality to actually kill one of his comrades was a conflicted choice for him. He wasn't an evil man by nature but his desire to keep his son safe overrode anything else he believed in. He wanted to make amends to redeem himself even though Kevin said losing Hubert was enough.
    And as all cliched plots go, anytime someone promises to do something in the near future, they die. When said he would go and eat that dish with Moon on CNY eve and I knew he would die.

BTWm just watched ep 33 this morning. It is horrible.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I think it was expected from the time he
    click to show/hide spoilers
    killed his undead friend. His only motivation was to cure his son and kill vampires. For someone with his personality to actually kill one of his comrades was a conflicted choice for him. He wasn't an evil man by nature but his desire to keep his son safe overrode anything else he believed in. He wanted to make amends to redeem himself even though Kevin said losing Hubert was enough.
    And as all cliched plots go, anytime someone promises to do something in the near future, they die. When said he would go and eat that dish with Moon on CNY eve and I knew he would die.

BTWm just watched ep 33 this morning. It is horrible.
    lol i thought it was one of the better endings, too bad grace didnt die

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol i thought it was one of the better endings, too bad grace didnt die
    I think by the end, Grace's character was sticking out like a sore thumb. But I guess TVB wanted to redeem her character but I am surprised that she got away with everything that she did in the name of love .
    Cyril Connolly

I think by the end, Grace's character was sticking out like a sore thumb. But I guess TVB wanted to redeem her character but I am surprised that she got away with everything that she did in the name of love .
    Yeaa couldn't stand grace lol