Thread: Beast Piercing The Heavens (兽破苍穹) by Yao Ye (妖夜)

Default Beast Piercing The Heavens (兽破苍穹) by Yao Ye (妖夜)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xianxiaworld.net/BookFiles/BookImages/Beast-Piercing-The-Heavens.jpg')
    Synopsis:
    1. Anyone who has a heart disease... Please, dont read any further.
    2. Anyone who is emotionally fragile... Please, dont read any further.
    3. Anyone who is less intelligent... Please, dont read any further.
    4. Anyone who is reading other xianxia novels... Please, dont read any further. After reading Beast Piercing The Heavens, youll find that other novels are an insult to your intelligence.
    Only for those who believe in this novel, and are willing to give up the entire forest for this single tree... Please, read it!

Conclusion:
    1. A lot of foreshadowing and suspense.
    2. Full of logic and reasoning.
    3. A lot of innovative writing skills.
    4. The plot is of high quality.
    5. Master Suns Art of War has been utilized in combat.
    6. The cultivation and weapons are described in concise phrases, to enhance readability.
    7. The protagonist is vivid and substantial. He distinguishes himself from the masses with his chivalrous disposition, while his personality is a mixture of lofty heroism and an endless romantic.

The above synopsis and conclusions are drawn from the reviews of Chinese readers towards this book, and are not representative of Xianxiaworld.

Table of Contents

Raw Source

My site is : http://www.xianxiaworld.net

Chapter 1 Left Hook

Grey City, Mars Prefecture, Flame Dragon Continent.

Grey City was located in the south of the Mars Prefecture and it was one of the six major cities in this prefecture. It was also known as the territory of the Ye Family, one of the most prominent families on this continent.

It was autumn and the weather in Grey City was gradually becoming chillier.

A man in green clothing hurried down the streets, as his delicate face indicated that he was in his late teens. He carried two medicine bags in each hand and ran forward, ignoring the startled expressions of the passers-by. Looking closer, he actually wore a long face, full of indifference and anxiety. Currently, he was heading towards the City Major Mansion.

Mom, mom, Qinghan has bought you some medicine. I believe, youll definitely get better soon

The teenager kept running forward, while mumbling to himself. Not far away, there stood a pair of gigantic stone lions in front of the City Major Mansion. The teenager sped up his pace, as he saw the stone lions.

Eight guards lined up in front of the gate, they were suited up in heavy armors and were carrying fierce looking swords. Each and every one of them was tall and strong and they stood there with straightened spine and solemn expressions, very much like the door-gods (门神) [1]. The warriors, together with the stone lions, gave this place a touch of majesty and aggressiveness.

Being a guard was far from a decent occupation, some people even regarded this as a job for lowly dogs. However, the eight guards who were on duty today, seemed quite the opposite. In their solemn faces, you could sense a trace of arrogance. Because They were working for the Ye Family! As the actual ruler of the southern Mars Prefecture, the Ye Family boasted an irreplaceable social status in this region. Even the servants from the Ye Family could be very cocky.

These eight guards were rather honored to be part of the Ye Family. Partly, because of their height, partly because of their conceitedness, they stood there overlooking the passers-by.

- Clop! Clop! -

Oh, someone was coming!

On hearing the approaching footsteps, the eight guards tightened their hearts a little bit. Anyone who dared to be this close to the gate of the City Major Mansion would most likely be someone important, as normal civilians wouldnt be allowed to step this close to the gate. Soon, the eight guards simultaneously raised the corner of their mouth, smiling gently towards the direction of the upcoming person.

However, once they saw that it was a young teenager, who was lifting two medicine bags, the eight guards quickly turned their smiling faces back to their original indifferent poker face. It only took a split second to change their faces, which was quite impressive.

Its only him - the garbage seventh young lord, who has to deal with trifling matters, such as buying medicine, on his own One of the guards whispered to the others, full of disdain.

Shoo Sixth Brother, shut up. After all, hes still one of the young lords, and we have to respect him. Otherwise, well be punished. Look! Whos that guy? Oh, our second young lord is also coming home. Lets welcome him!

A luxuriously-decorated carriage raced towards the gate, which made the eight guards rather nervous. On seeing the characters Ye printed on the black flag and Xian on another smaller flag, the guards automatically became gentle and submissive, as they showed a cordial smile.

Welcome home, Your Excellency, second young lord!

The eight guards exclaimed with one voice, which startled the passers-by. The teenager that carried the medicine bags also looked back over his shoulder. Looking at the luxurious carriage, as well as the adulatory faces of the eight guards, he forced a self-mocking smile, as he headed into the mansion.

Ye Qingxian, the second young lord of Ye Family, wasnt in a particularly good mood today. Seldom would anyone dare to disrupt his mood, but a prostitute in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion had given him such a headache.

Who was he? He was the second lord of the Ye Family, Ye Qingxian!

What was the Ye Family? One of the five most prominent families in the Mars Prefecture! How could this ***** dare to reject him? Qingguan(清倌)[2]! Qingguan! To hell with Qingguan! The Alluring Smoke Pavilion was the number one prostitution place in all of Grey City, any woman working in that place was a prostitute. However, how funny was this? She said she only sold her performance, but not her body. Was she a ****ing artist, or only a body artist

If it wasnt for the family punishment, or the celebrities that appear in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion, or even my loyal temperament, if I would rape that prostitute and dismantle that pavilion! Qingxian jumped off the carriage, and strode towards the gate. He had been trying to calm himself down from the saddening events in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion, when he randomly noticed the strong guards all blinking their eyes at him. Suddenly, he felt that it was all quite funny. The eight guards behaved very gentle and lovingly towards him, in comparison with their rough body, they were like hilarious clowns. This did actually cheer Qingxian up a little bit.

In response, Qingxian stretched one of his hands out and patted the shoulder of one of the guards, as a sign of satisfaction. He then chuckled in a low voice before he swaggered past the gate.

However, the good mood didnt last long, Qingxian quickly slipped back into his depression.

All of a sudden, the teenager with two medicine bags also rushed past the gate, frustration flowing all over his face. He was in such a hurry that he abruptly bumped against the gloomy Qingxian.

What? Yesterday, Qingxian had done the deed with several prostitutes in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion, which, even now, made his legs quiver while walking. Although he wasnt very accomplished in cultivation, he was still in the first level of the Realm of the Commander. So he didnt fall down, but only staggered several steps before he managed to steady himself. Out of curiosity, he turned around to make sure what had happened just now.

Realizing that it was the teenager in green clothing, who wore a mix of an embarrassed and apologetic expression, Qingxian cursed him terribly.

Ye Qinghan, you son of a *****! Are you blind?

S Sorry, its all my fault, I shouldve been more careful. The teenager was obviously frightened by Qingxians indignation. He looked extremely upset and panicked.

Sorry? If sorry worked, then there wouldnt be so many people whod have to die because of their wrongdoings in the Flame Dragon Continent! Qingxian sneered, as the word sorry reminded him about that Qingguan in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion, who had also replied to him with a sorry. He suddenly decided to continue his fierce and cruel abuse of this teenager, Why are you in such a hurry? Let me guess, you mustve hastened home for the funeral of your mom?

You Ye Qingxian, I just collided with you and I have apologized to you Dont go too far, my mother is an elder in this family, you should respect her.

Elder? Looking at the irritated Qinghan, Qingxian felt delighted. He continued to insult, I dont have any elders who used to be a prostitute.

Soon, the eight guards ran towards them to see what was going on. And when they arrived, they all laughed at the outraged yet helpless Qinghan. Ye Qingxian! Qinghan exclaimed with all his strength, Listen, my mother was a Qingguan, not a prostitute! Please stop insulting her, or Ill become rude to you!

Pooh!

On hearing the word Qingguan, Qingxians anger towards the beautiful woman that had rejected him had been reignited. He howled to Qinghan, Qingguan? I have ****ed a Qingguan last night, is that an insult? Garbage! What else can you be, since you are the son of a prostitute? Be rude to me? Do you really dare to hit me?

You the word garbage and prostitute completely provoked Qinghan. He put the medicine bags aside and immediately swooped at Qingxian.

Ye Qingxian, I will fight with you! Left Hook!

Whats going on? Whats going on? Their quarrel quickly grabbed the attention of the servants. They all quickly referred to the eight guards for information.

Oh, thats it. No wonder the honest seventh young lord dares to fight with the second young lord! The second young lord has cursed his mother!

Hum, whats the big deal! His mother was originally a Qingguan, not a decent woman. Since the death of his father Ye Dao, he has become the only son of his fathers second concubine. Sadly, he isnt material for cultivation, thats why some call him garbage. I guess, he and his mother will be expelled from this mansion sooner or later

Shoo, lower down your voices. Wed better stop discussing this topic, or the Punishment Department will torture us. Lets gamble on how many rounds the seventh young lord will sustain.

Ye Qinghan is only in the first level of the Realm of the Elite. While the second young lord Qingxian, is in the first level of the Realm of the Commander. They have a gap of an entire realm! I bet Qinghan wont even be able to sustain for a mere three rounds.

Look! Our second young lord has punched him away

Everyone jerked their heads towards Qinghan, who was flying backwards because of Qingxians fist.

Bang!

Eventually, Qinghan dropped to the floor and landed with a loud thud, without raising any dust. The gate section of the City Major Mansion represented the face of the Ye Family; they wouldnt allow any dust to be found here. Each and every day, the floor was swept several times.

As you can all see, it is Ye Qinghan who invited me to this fight. I formally announce that I accept his invitationIf he dares to report this to the Punishment Department and accuse me, I hope you guys will help me out as witnesses. Qingxian clapped his hands to lure the attention of the servants. Actually, he could easily deal with seven to eight people like Qinghan, who were in the first level of the Realm of the Elite. However, on the other hand, he would be more than happy to find a target to beat up whenever he was in a bad mood.

Er! Qinghan rubbed his ankle, as he let out a muffled groan. He turned around and fixed his eyes on the high-blown Qingxian.

Left Hook! Qinghan spurted to Qingxian, trying to hit him with his Left Hook.

However, Qingxian effortlessly dodged this attack; he even lifted his right feet and kicked towards Qinghans belly.

Bang!

Once again, Qinghan flew away backward, bending his belly. After a few minutes of struggling, he finally managed to stand up, and undauntedly ran once again towards Qinghan.

Left Hook!

Bang!

Another Left Hook!

Bang!

L Left Hook

Bang!

After several rounds, the onlookers began to feel sympathy towards Qinghan. But The seventh young lord was simply too lousy. All he exerted was his Left Hook, did he not know any different moves? Although the Left Hook was far from a bad move, people still got tired of his Left Hook that was repeated again and again.

Haha, little bastard, shall we continue? If the answer is no, I have something else to do. Ill go and find a Qingguan, to sleep with tonight, hahahaha...

Not far away, Qinghan crouched on the ground with knitted brows. His face and body were smeared with blood and bruises. Despite his physical condition, he struggled hard to support himself up. A ferocious expression emerged on his face, he roared, Ye Qingxian, Ill let you remember this day forever!

Qinghan was so provoked that he acted like a barbaric bear by raising up his left fist and dashing towards Qingxian.

Haha, its you who should remember this day forever! Qingxian laughed out loudly, he didnt believe a word that was coming from Qinghans big mouth. He could even kick him away blindfolded. Yes! He decided to conclude this tedious fight by exerting some more strength. Although, bullying others was always his favorite thing, he didnt have that much energy and strength to prolong this fight. In fact, after last nights battle with the prostitutes, he really wanted to go back to his room and take a nap

Left Hook

Looking at the approaching Left Hook, Qingxian narrowed his eyes in a slit; he sneered before he consciously moved to the right side, and lifted his right leg, punching out his left fist.

What? Did I miss the mark? When Qingxian suspiciously raised his head and as he did, he was met by a hostile smile and a large chunk of a brick.

Left Hook, plus Right Brick!

Boom!

The brick slammed on Qingxians head with a booming sound, which caused a sharp pain to spread inside his brain. Consequently, he couldnt see anything except darkness. He fainted almost instantly. The last thought that went through his mind before he fell down, was why there was suddenly a Right Brick! It was always only a Left Hook! Qinghan had surprise attacked him!

- Ah! -

The onlookers were dumbfounded by the result. The second young lord fell down on the ground, while the seventh young lord was still holding the brick in his right hand, ferociously looking at the fallen Qingxian. The cultivator in the first level of the Realm of the Elite knocked out an opponent who was already in the first level of the Realm of the Commander. This outcome definitely changed their understanding of the cultivation theory. Despite the fact that Qinghan gave Qingxian a staggering blow, he had won the fight! It was Qingxian that lay quietly on the floor, not him! Be it a staggering blow or not, it was part of his ability as a cultivator.

What startled the onlookers the most, was Qinghans unusual behavior he threw off the brick and stretched over Qingxians body, punching his handsome face.

Ive promised you, that Ill let you remember this day forever

Seventh young lord, please stop. Youll be in big trouble! One of the guards stepped forward, convincing Qinghan to stop. Meanwhile, the other servants were all scared to death.

Hey! Qinghan raised his eyebrows, What? Are you going to challenge your master? Do you want to be exiled to the remote places 3, 000 li (里) [3] away from here? This is a fight between me and Ye Qingxian! I know I was born humble, as the son of the second concubine, but Im still a young lord. If you dont want to be exiled tomorrow, just get the hell out of my way.

The eight guards looked at each other, before wisely closing their mouths. The family rules of the Ye Family were rather strict, no one would dare to betray them.

Er, Im not trying to challenge your authority. Im just trying to convince you, not to get yourself into too much trouble. One guard eventually continued.

Hum! Qinghan shot him a cold smile before he launched the last relentless punch. Soon after, he rubbed his hands and picked the medicine bags back up.

Brother

A girl in a white dress hastily staggered towards Qinghan, she shivered slightly due to grievance.

Eh? Qinghan could sense a hint of depression lingering in the air, as he started to expect that something ominous was about to happen.

Brother, mom, mom Died

-Bang!-

The medicine bags dropped on the floor, the outer layers of the bags tore open, as tree-roots-like herbs scattered all over the place

[1]: door-gods (门神): A door god is a Chinese decoration placed on each side of an entry to a temple, home, business, etc., which is believed to keep evil spirits from entering.
    [2]: Qingguan(清倌): Women who work in a brothel, but never allow themselves to sleep with men, they only provide customers with performance, such as singing or dancing. We failed to find a proper equivalent in English, so we have decided to use pinyin instead.
    [3]: Li(里): a unit of length in ancient Chinese, 1 li is equivalent to 500 meters. In this case thatd be approximately 1.5 million kilometres.

Chapter 2 - A Filial Son Strived for the Honor of His Deceased Parents

It was deep in the night and Grey City had turned rather chilly. The continuous rhythmically dropping of the raindrops added an additional feeling of coldness.

It was three oclock in the morning; the streets were silent with barely any passers-by. Except for the dangling candlelight that was lighting a nightclub, this place, surprisingly, was almost static at this moment of the day, rendering a bleak prospect.

Quite opposite to the general picture, in the courtyard of the Ye Castle, at the City Major Mansion, candlelight from the lanterns were gleaming softly, illuminating all of the corners. More strangely, outside the closed gate of a certain courtyard, a teenager in green clothing was kneeling down in great sorrow.

The cold and rainy night, a brightly-lit courtyard, a kneeled-down teenager in the rain, and a couple of brightly shining lanterns, all of this presented a horrendous and uncanny scene.

Respected Elder Clan, please accept my request. I will work like a horse to repay this favour The teenager begged, as he lifted his tear-filled face up. He then proceeded with a succession of kowtows towards the direction of the gate. Soon, the raindrops had soaked his hair and were streaming down his face, yet, he seemed to be unaware of the wet- and coldness.

His hoarse voice broke the silence of the night.

However!

There came no reply from inside the courtyard, as the gate remained closed. The shadow of the flame fluttered in the wind, which was quite vivid on the background of the window coverings (窗户纸) [1].

After a long, long time!

The teenager in green clothing kept shouting and begging, until finally he was utterly exhausted and lay prostrate. Once in awhile, he managed to slowly raise his head, expecting some form of response from the courtyard. Due to the continuously pouring of the rain on him, he was extremely pale; yet, in the reflection of the light, there was a hint of unswerving determination and bitterness.

The gate of the courtyard remained tightly closed and no words came out.

Outside, it was raining worse than ever!

It was already dawn, the sky was whitening and the weather quickly cleared up. In the courtyard, the fallen leaves and boughs were the only indicator of the heavy wind and rain from last night.

The teenager was still kneeling down, almost motionless. Due to the coldness, his body suffered from fits of trembles. And, because of sleeplessness, his eyes were filled with blood streaks. He managed to prop himself up, merely using his ironlike will.

- Creak! -

The gate of the courtyard finally opened!

Looking up at the two middle-aged men in front of the gate, the teenager widened his eyes, craving for sympathy. He wriggled his dry and rough lips, but words got in the way. All he did was kowtow to these two men.

Kid, why are you so stubborn?! Do you even care about your own health?

The two middle-aged men were both in their forties and both of them were well-known celebrities in the Mars Prefecture. The one in grey clothing was named Ye Ron, a member of the Elder Clan, who had a prominent nose and eagle-like eyes. On the corner of his mouth, there was a slightly discernible scar. Ye Ron was also the vice-president of the Punishment Department of the Ye Family. The one in the white robe and with the golden crown was Ye Qiang, the vice-president of the Combat Department of the Ye Family, as well as the third son of the clan leader of the Ye Family. This man carried a folding fan with him, presenting himself as an intelligent, yet dissolute man.

The one who spoke with the teenager was Ye Qiang. Out of compassion, he folded his fan and moved forward, trying to help the young man up.

Unexpectedly, the teenager refused his good intentions, and remained in a kneeled-down position. He licked his dehydrated lips, before he responded to Ye Qiang, Third Third Uncle, hows it going? Did the Elder Clan approve my request? He then anchored his bewildered eyes on Ye Qiang.

Er Alas Ye Qiang shook his head in dismal and helplessness. Obviously, the Elder Clan had disapproved.

Ye Qinghan, stand up and go home. Ye Ron interrupted in an unconcerned voice, his eagle-like eyes stared terrifyingly at the teenager. The scar on the corner of his mouth looked currently even more hideous than before.

Remember, your mother used to be a famous prostitute. When your father announced his marriage with her, it was quite a sensation throughout the Ye Family. Everyone was in disapproval of this marriage, because it was an obvious betrayal of the family rules. You know, if it wasnt for the clemency of the Ye Family, this couple wouldve been ousted from this family by the clan leader. Given all of that, we never admitted your mothers identity as one of the daughters-in-law of this big family. Oh, and your father, that supercilious man, who trudged all by himself to the Holy Mountain for treasures, but never came back. Yeah, he died from severe injuries. Since the death of your father, the yearly payment (岁钱) [2] for you and your mother hasnt been discontinued, which is a proof that we have never mistreated you, or your mother. Look, if it wasnt for our Ye Family, both of you wouldve been reduced to street beggars long ago!

Now, your mother has died of her illness. Considering that youre a filial son, the family has decided to help you bury her body. Nevertheless, we havent seen any gratitude from you. On the contrary, you go so far as to request for your mother to be buried in the ancestral tomb! Are you nuts? The ancestral tomb is a dignified place for the deceased forefathers of our Ye Family. Itd be a blasphemy, if we were to allow the disgraceful prostitute to be buried in this tomb. Give it up, young man. Your mother will never be buried together with your father. I suggest youd better get out of here as soon as possible. If you continue disturbing us, Ill show you just how strict our family rules are.

You

Ye Qinghan abruptly stood up, glaring at Elder Ron. However, he felt so dizzy that he was about to fall back down. Given the duration of his kneeled-down position and the cold rain from last night, he staggered backwards for several steps, before he managed to steady himself.

Me? Continue, hum? Yesterday, you sneak attacked Qingxian with a despicable trick, and even left him with some serious injuries. If it wasnt for your mothers death, you wouldve been immediately handed over to the Punishment Department to receive severe torture. Now, you even dare to propose such a shameless request, what do you want? Do you really believe that youve got a freepass from punishment? Dont be silly and go home!

Haha, the family Our family is too good to us Elder Ron, please rest assured that Ill never, ever, disturb anyone from the Elder Clan again. Elder Clan! Haha Looking at the sneering Elder Ron and the neutral Third Uncle Ye Qiang, Qinghan laughed bitterly. There was a feeling of solitude and desolateness in the sound of his voice. For quite a while, he kept staring at the plate that hanged on the lintel part of the gate, which read Elder Clan. Eventually, he wiped off the raindrops, and left, wearing a sarcastic expression on his face.

Qinghan, Ive done my best. Your First Uncle, and Ye Ron, they fiercely rejected your request. After all, it would break the family rules if we were to let your mother be buried in the ancestral tomb. Now, listen, in order to be listed as one of the key descendants of the Ye Family, you have to cultivate diligently, to see if you have the chance to transcend into the Realm of the Commander. Or, there is another option: to summon a six-graded combat beast before the Flame Dragon Festival! Anyway, Ill recommend you to the Elder Clan once youve achieved either of these two goals. Until then, your mothers unfulfilled wish It will be realized

Er!

Out of surprise, Qinghan stopped to hear more clearly of these unspoken words that were conveyed by his third uncle, Ye Qiang, who had a special ability to transmit his voice secretly without even so much as opening his mouth. Qinghan nodded his head towards his third uncle, before he turned away and disappeared in the morning fog.

The Ye Castle belonged to the City Major Mansion in Grey City, in which numerous lineal siblings of the Ye Family lived. The amount of occupied land had reached into thousands of square meters. Looking from a birds eye view, the tens of hundreds of small courtyards, that encompassed the inside of the mansion, very much resembled a small-scale imperial palace.

The Ye Castle was divided into two parts the western courtyards and the eastern courtyards. The former was used by high status members of the Ye Family, while the latter was used by the guards and other servants.

In the eastern courtyard, there stood an independent house, which was surrounded by farmland and shabby cottages.

The morning fog got thicker and thicker. A dim light came through a window and shone on the courtyard, as it blended itself into the white morning fog. At the same time, there was an indistinctive girlish wailing sound that came from inside the courtyard, which gave this place a mysterious and ghostly impression.

A black shadow walked through the fog, quickly approaching this small courtyard.

The hall of the courtyard was only about twenty square meters, in which all the sundries were cleared up. In the middle of this hall, there was a coffin that stood horizontally. In front of this coffin, a girl had kneeled down, burning spirit money [3].

The girl was also in her late teens and a white morning dress was tightly wrapped around her body. Her face was as delicate as jade and her skin was as white as snow. The traces of tears left on her face made her look like a rather pathetic being, yet, even now, she was still very charming.

As soon as the young man entered the hall, the girl stood up. She wiped off the remaining tears and tidied up her outfit. After looking at the withered and low-spirited young man, her tears welled up once again, Brother!

The young man was Qinghan, he straightened his back to force himself to look energetic. The sobbing tone in his sisters voice made him even sadder, but he had to set a positive example for her.

He stepped forward, picking up some incense sticks and candles. He and his sister both kneeled down, and bowed three times with the sticks and candles in their hands. Afterwards, he reminded his sister to continue burning spirit money, before he kneeled down in front of the coffin.

I dont deserve to be a filial son, as I have failed to accomplish your last wish. Mom, I have to bury you in the West Mountain. I hope your soul will rest in peace! Dont worry, I will take care of myself as well as my sister. And I promise... I will establish our reputation through cultivation As he continued, the helplessness on his face gradually faded away, instead, there emerged the looks of determination and confidence.

Suddenly, he stood up and picked a wine bowl up. He broke the bowl and selected a piece of the debris. By holding up his left hand, he cut through his skin with that piece of debris. Immediately, blood spilled out continuously.

In the name of the heavens, I, Ye Qinghan swear, that I will put both of my parents memorial tablets in the Sacred Temple of the Holy City. I will let thousands of people worship them. If I dare to betray this oath, then I will be crushed into tiny bits and pieces, just like this bowl! Qinghan exclaimed.

As soon as he finished his oath, he pinched the piece of bowl into powders. The red blood and the white powder mingled together, which revealed a shocking sight.

Ah! Brother, are you crazy His sister, Ye Qingyu, cried out for her brothers horrible behaviour.

Swearing in front of a dead body is the most solemn kind of oath in the Flame Dragon Continent. While putting the memorial tablet into the Sacred Temple is the highest of honors for the deceased. Only those who have contributed greatly to this continent, or those super competent cultivators, would be allowed to be listed in the hall of the Sacred Temple. My brotherhe is going to drive himself up against a wall Qingyu thought to herself.

Hehe, since theyre worried that the ancestral tomb would be tarnished by my mother, then I will bet my life, that I will find a better place for my deceased parents. Once they are in the Sacred Temple, theyll be worshipped by thousands of people, including by those from our Ye Family Through the door, Qinghan looked into the distance and unexpectedly chuckled.

Though a little bit immature, his voice was immensely powerful. The sound was long and loud, lingering throughout the courtyard.

In the distance, the rising sunrays pushed the fog away and the sky was quickly turning brighter and brighter.

[1]:window coverings (窗户纸): In China and Japan, homes are frequently designed with lattice window covered with rice paper. The translucent paper diffuses natural light entering the room, creating a very serene and peaceful atmosphere. Throughout the day, as the light changes, so will the atmosphere.
    [2]: yearly payment (岁钱):In ancient china, family members, apprentices and servants would receive money from the family, either monthly or yearly.
    [3]: Spirit money (Mingbi, 冥币):fake money burned as an offering to the dead.

Chapter 3 I Swear to Surpass You Within Three Years!

West Mountain, Grey City.

In front of a soil-made grave, Qinghan and Qingyu kneeled down silently. The pulled-out weeds littered the ground around the grave, suggesting that they had arrived here not long ago.

Dear mom, I have brought my sister to visit you. Today is your seventh-day ceremony [1], we hope that you may find a peaceful place for your soul and reincarnate in a prosperous family

Qinghan, as well as his sister, Qingyu, kowtowed in front of the grave, in a respectful manner. Soon after, they both burned some spirit money, incense and candles. The seventh day of ones death was considered a big event, even in normal families. Sadly, the Ye Family wouldnt bother to take any further responsibility for this event, as they felt like they had done plenty by offering the coffin and digging the grave. As always, this poor pair of brother and sister had to do everything by themselves.

Earlier this morning, Qinghan and his sister had bought some spirit money, incense and candles, before they had rushed to the hill to condole their mother.

Looking at the mound of yellow soil, as well as his wailing sister, Qinghan was struck by a mixed feeling.

It had only been fifteen years since he had arrived in this world!

However, hed already almost forgotten the name of his previous home, which was called Earth.

That was right! He was a shameless man, who had traversed through time and space. Or more accurately, he was a man who actually lived in the Flame Dragon Continent, but still carried his spirit from Earth deep inside his heart.

Back then, he was transported to this exotic world by an accident. During these fifteen years in the Flame Dragon Continent, he kept trying to readjust himself to be more adaptable to this wonderland.

For a moment, Qinghan wondered if there was a grave for him back on Earth. Or Maybe His mother had also been transported to another space and time and lived a new life there. As this new hypothesis crossed his mind, he became less saddened.

Oh well, since death was irretrievable, the living had to carry on. However Could he really offer himself and his sister a peaceful life, away from the ruthlessness of the law of the jungle that ruled this Flame Dragon Continent? After all, he was mere garbage on the path of cultivation, how could he possibly survive and protect his sister? In the end, the big fish would devour the small fish!

The reputation of the Ye Family would overawe most citizens in this continent. However, as the seventh young lord of this influential family, Qinghan enjoyed few of the entitlements his counterparts did. Ironically, some outsiders, who knew nothing about the details, even envied his identity as a young lord.

The seventh young lord? This title was as disgusting as the excrements of a dog!

Qinghan sneered at his title, as he felt somewhat bitter about the fact that even in a less prominent family, any young lord, be it lineal or collateral, would enjoy a much better status.

- Alas! - He sighed and felt like he had to continue living, no matter how menial his life would be. What else could he do? Should he just commit suicide and transport himself to another space and time yet again? What if it didnt succeed this time?
      
    Qingyu, wed better go home now!
      
    Several minutes later, two skinny shadows could be seen disappearing down the narrow lanes leading down the West Mountain.

Qingxian still couldnt get rid of his bad mood, ever since he was rejected by the prostitute in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion.

*****, Qingguan! I hate that Qingguan... And that bastard Ye Qinghan who dared to surprise attack me! I swear, Ill send that bastard to hell!

Since his fight with Qinghan, Qingxian had received harsh punishment from his father. As punishment, he wasnt allowed to leave the Ye Castle for an entire month.

As the current leader of the Ye Family, as well as the Magistrate of Grey City, Qingxians father represented the highest authority; no one would ever dare to be disobedient in front of him, including his son. Therefore, Qingxian submissively stayed within the confinements of the castle, even though he desperately missed the tender bodies of the prostitutes at the Alluring Smoke Pavilion. On the other hand, he discovered a sense of hidden mockery in the eyes of the lowly servants, which cemented his hatred towards Qinghan, who made him lose face in front of so many people!

I must regain my face... I must! Qingxian murmured to himself. Thus, he intentionally sauntered around the castle, in an attempt to encounter Qinghan and teach him a lesson or two.

Originally, when Qinghans father, Ye Dao, was still alive, they enjoyed a higher status than Qingxians family. However, Ye Daos unexpected death was followed by the then clan leader, Ye Tianlong, to recede to a reclusive life. The worst part was, that Qingxians father, Ye Jian, eventually gained the position of family head. Now, Ye Jian, as well as his son, were determined to suppress Ye Daos siblings.

The moment Ye Jian was told that his son, who was in the Realm of the Commander, was defeated by the garbage-like Qinghan, he felt so ashamed that he went into a fury-like state. This was exactly why Qingxian couldnt wait to beat Qinghan black and blue.

Gee, is that Noticing the approaching Qinghan and Qingyu, he fiercely clenched his fists, while hostility was plastered all over his face.

Oh? As soon as Qinghan discovered the aggressive-looking Qingxian, he pushed his sister to the side, in an attempt to save her from the advancing Qingxian. He then fearlessly walked towards Qingxian, knowing something terrible was about to happen.

You brazen bastard, I thought that Id see you running off the moment youd see me. Qingxian calmed down a little bit, as he expressed his surprise in Qinghans boldness.

I only wanted to see, whether the scars that I left on your head have fully recovered. Qinghan smiled.

You Qingxian gave up on the hypocrisy that he used to show his royal temperament, **** you. If it wasnt for that sneak attack, the situation wouldve been reversed. It wouldve been you, whod be begging for mercy! Now, lets have a little rematch, so we may determine the real winner!

Sneak attack? Lets say, if you were to be sneak attacked by your enemies, would you blame them and ask them for a second chance? How funny? You arent in the Alluring Smoke Pavilion, where you always have excuses ready to persuade the prostitutes to offer you a second chance whenever you have a premature ejaculation. Qinghan sneered.

You You bastard, if you are so good at it, why not just **** with me? Qingxian was so mad that he couldnt even make a consistent and reasonable sentence. Embarrassingly, he even mistakenly blurted the word **** out, instead of fight.

No! I refuse to fight with anyone who has premature ejaculations. Qinghan rolled his eyes in disdain, Hey, wait! Let me enlighten you with some of our family rules. According to the 26th rule of our family rules, the fight between members of the Ye Family should be based on a mutual agreement and must have witnesses at the scene. Once the fight has commenced, no one is allowed to kill the other, otherwise, the rule-breaker would be banished from our Ye Family Ye Qingxian, listen, today Im really not in the mood to fight. If you insist, Im afraid, as per the rules, you will be banished.

You You You bastard! Coward! Garbage! Qingxian cursed, as his eyes were spitting fire. However, after hearing the family rules, he eventually lowered his rising fists. He knew, that the family rules wouldnt be lenient to him just because of his identity as a young lord.

Garbage, bastard, beast! Finding no proper way to release his anger, Qingxian kept cursing Qinghan, using all the dirty words he had learned over the years.

Hum! Look at you, dumbass. I swear, Ill surpass you within three years! Even though, I wont fight with you today; lets fight in the bigger family arena in three years from now! After issuing this challenge, Qinghan was about to turn around and leave.

Stop! You have to fight with me today, unless you admit that... That you are a good-for-nothing bastard whose mother was a prostitute! Qingxian tried his best to provoke Qinghan.

What?! Qinghan turned around, My mom has already passed away, why are you still trying to insult her? I guess your head must be itchy for more punches. Ok, lets call up some witnesses and fight!
      
    Great! Qingxian excitedly exclaimed, as he started to stretch his body as a quick warming-up. He then waved towards the guards, who were patrolling the surroundings.

Soon, the guards had gathered around Qingxian, waiting for his instructions.

Your Excellency, second young lord. Errr And The seventh young lord.
      
    I will fight with Ye Qinghan, will you be here as our witnesses? Qinghan replied, ignoring their flattering, yet fake, smiles.

The guards all widened their eyes, as they shot a suspicious look towards Qinghan. They thought that Qinghan was too foolish to fight with Qingxian for a second time. As a cultivator in the first level of the Realm of the Commander, Qingxian wouldnt be defeated a second time. In fact, if it wasnt for that staggering brick-blow, how could he have even lost the first fight?

However, they simply nodded towards Qingxian, before they took a step back. They were ready to watch another show

What?

Qinghan suddenly kneeled down on one leg, with a solemn expression.

Your highness! Leader of the City Major Mansion.

The moment Qinghan kneeled down, Qingxian thought he was going to beg for leniency. However, once he heard the title of his father, he suddenly became panicked, to the extent as if his clandestine love affair was publicly exposed. He turned around, expecting to find his smileless father.

However

Nobody was there! Instantly, Qingxian realized that it was just a hoax!
      
    Nevertheless, when he realized that it was just a trick, it was already far too late, as a fist was quickly approaching the backside of his head

Undoubtedly, Qingxian fainted once again.

*******, even if you are in the Realm of the Emperor, Ill still easily beat you up. Simply, because youre brainless Qinghan lifted his feet and harshly kicked on the back of the fainted Qingxian.

The guards stood there, totally dumbfounded by the result of this fight. How could the second young lord fall for a sneak attack again?... Shameless, shameless! How could the seventh young lord be so shameless!?

The eight guards couldnt help but feel like there was a chilly breeze blowing behind their backs, as if the cold winter had already arrived

[1]: The seventh-day ceremony: After cremation, the Buddhist ritual requires a funeral/remembrance ceremony to be held on the seventh day after death. It can be held at the temple or at home, but its usually held at the temple.

http://www.xianxiaworld.net/Beast-Piercing-The-Heavens/

Chapter 4 Valuable Items?

In a small courtyard on the eastern side of the Ye Castle.

Qinghan was sitting in his house, feeling rather upset by the big words he had spoken just before.

Oh Since Ive already bragged about it, I should atleast try it. But how can I actually improve my cultivation?
      
    He sighed with helplessness. In order to win some credit within his family, he had shamelessly overstated his ambition to surpass Qingxian within the next three years.

On the other hand, he had already made an oath in front of his deceased mother, that he would one day move his parents memorial tablets into the Sacred Temple. Even though he had made so many aspiring promises, he hadnt even come up with a specific plan to accomplish these promises. After all, it was a decision that was forced upon him by reality and not made of his own volition. Ten years ago, his father had died, his fourth uncle went missing and his grandfather had become a hermit. That year, he had encountered various unfortunate things, one after the other. Since then, his eldest uncle had taken charge of the whole family. As a result, the family status of Qinghan had experienced a sharp drop. Despite the fact that he was a lineal descendant of the Ye Family, he lived a tougher life than the collateral ones.

Qinghan was the only bloodline of his parents, because his sister was an adopted child. Given all of this, he had to be cruel to himself, as he had put the responsibility to revive his family onto himself.
      
    Although he had strategically defeated Qingxian twice, it was far from a true success. He had outwitted Qinghua, rather than beating him with his ability in cultivation.

Not everyone in the Flame Dragon Continent was as gullible as Qingxian. If he wished to survive in this jungle, then he really needed to acquire a higher realm of cultivation!

True ability was the fundamental requirement to live in this world!
      
    The Mars Prefecture was actually divided into six major cities. Apart from the Dragon City, that was located in the center, there were five other cities that had been occupied by the five prominent families. The names of these families were Feng, Hua, Xue, Yue and Ye. The governance of Dragon City was not very stable, as this city saw a change of leadership relatively often. In comparison, the other five cities enjoyed thousands of years long-term governance under the five prominent families.

What was the secret behind the trouble-free governance for thousands of years? They all boasted a rigorous, yet unique training system for their descendants. It was no wonder that there were numerous masters emerging from these families, whom would eventually become the leaders of certain regions.
      
    The unique training skill of the Ye Family was to summon battle beasts. It was said that, in ancient times, the ancestors of the Ye Family shared part of the bloodline of the battle beasts. Nowadays, everyone in the Ye Family would have three chances in their lifetime to awaken and summon these battle beasts.

The summoned battle beast wasnt only able to fight on its own, but it could also integrate with its master. Once integrated, the attack power would be amplified multiple times, as both strength and speed would jump to a new level. When certain battle beasts were integrated with their master, they could even generate insurmountable techniques. The current leader of the Ye Family, Ye Tianlong, for instance, had summoned an eighth-grade battle beast the bear of the earth, and once they were integrated, a highly defensive technique called the Armor of the Earth would be gained. Ye Tianlong was in the first level of the Realm of the Saint, yet he was already known as the most outstanding cultivator in defensiveness, simply because of this technique.

Due to this special beast-summoning skill, the Ye Family was able to occupy Grey City and enjoy a dominant position throughout the Mars Prefecture.

In order to create more masters in cultivation, the Ye Family would list the most promising members into the key descendant program. However, the criteria to be a part of this program were rather high either one had to be able to summon at least a sixth-grade battle beast, or one has to have entered the Realm of the Commander before the age of sixteen. If one could summon at least a sixth-grade battle beast, it would serve as solid evidence that the sacred beast blood accounted for a large percentage of the persons blood. Even if he wasnt particularly good at cultivation, the Ye Family would still endow him with magic medicines and techniques to help him. If one entered the Realm of the Commander before the age of sixteen, he would also be regarded as a talented master, even if his battle beast was of a lower grade.

Well, what I have got right now? I really dont have any damn talent in cultivation. It has been ten years, when I was only 5 years old, since I took my first step on the path of cultivation. How can I achieve the Realm of the Commander within a year? Besides, I suppose that I have too little beast blood in my body, at least, that would explain why I failed the previous two awakenings at the age of five and ten. The Flame Dragon Festival is quickly approaching, Im not confident in summoning any kind of beast within a month. What shall I do? AlasIf my sister had the beast blood, we would perhaps have a better chance. But No, she never will. Qinghan frowned, calculating his chance of success.

For each lineal member of the Ye Family, they would have three chances to awaken their beast bloodline, at the age of five, ten and fifteen respectively. The awakening ceremony would be held once every five years. Basically, if one failed the first two times, the chance for the third time would be extremely slim. At this point, the rare beast blood in his body would be so thin, that it was almost impossible to resonate with the ancient beast spirit. That was the major reason for failure.

Qinghans sister, Qingyu, as an adopted child, didnt even bear any chance to be part of the key descendants. Therefore, Qinghan became the only hope of his direct family to revive the reputation his father had once obtained. Sadly, he had only reached the first level of the Realm of the Elite at the age of fifteen, while at the same time his previous two awakening attempts had both ended in failure. It seemed that his talent in cultivation was so limited, that his future would be bleak in this regard. The Elder Clan of the Ye Family had observed the growth track of Qinghan, and forecasted that he would never be qualified as a key descendant. Apart from his fathers death and his mothers indecent background, his own lack of talent was another reason he was looked down upon.

- Creak! -

The door opened with a shrieking sound, which disrupted Qinghans flow of thoughts. Qingyu stood there in a white dress, holding a mysterious-looking box in her hands.

Qingyu, go to sleep, its already late at night. Qinghan said softly. His sisters delicate body and feminine temperaments, had always aroused the most tender of feelings from the bottom of his heart.

Brother, youre also awake. Qingyu replied as she put the box on the desk. She coughed a little bit, before he solemnly spoke to Qinghan, Brother, I have a question for you, if I mean, what if we run away from the Ye Family and find a remote place to enjoy the rest of our lives? Would you accept this proposal?

Hum? Looking at the sincere expression on his sisters face, Qinghan knew she wasnt joking. After considering her proposal for quite a while, Qinghan came up with some broken sentences, Well, I havent I mean, Ive never thought of such a scenario. My dear sister, if youre really eager for that kind of life, Ill Ill have to seriously consider it
      
    Hehe! Mom was right when she called you a man of passion, wholl never stand for any kind of normal life. When you took that oath the other day, I was shocked at first, but later... I realized, that youre a man who possesses big dreams. Now, Ill show you a little something. Qingyu smiled as she pushed the box towards Qinghan.

What is this? Qinghan was totally befuddled.

Given your aggressive and unyielding personality, as well as your poor talent in cultivation, Mom was afraid that you would one day drag yourself into trouble if you had these two items. She hoped that, by not showing you these items, you would be able to live a calm and peaceful life. Brother, only if you got married and had a bunch of children, would mom let me reveal this box to you, before handing it over to your most talented child. Well, that was our mothers opinion at least. However, Im afraid that I have to betray her will. I believe in you, brother, dont be frustrated by your current achievements, just look forward and dream big. Alright, look, there are two items in here. The first is an account of fathers experiences on his path of cultivation, while the second one is the treasure he managed to obtain at the cost of his life Qingyu sighed with relief, as if she had just accomplished a big mission.

Seeing her aspiring yet helpless brother, Qingyu had been hesitating between following or betraying her mothers will. Since the death of their mother, Qinghan had racked his brain over how to improve his cultivation endlessly, yet he couldnt discover any shortcuts. Qingyu felt rather sympathetic towards her brother, as she had finally decided to give him the final items of their father. She hoped, that by giving her brother these items, she would be able to help him achieve some improvements on his path of cultivation.
      
    An account of his experiences? And the treasure that cost our fathers life? Qinghan repeated the names of the objects, in order to reassure himself.

Their father, Ye Dao was the second son of their grandparents. He was a prodigy in cultivation that would appear only once in a hundred years. At the age of six, he had already reached the Realm of the Soldier; half a year later, he had broken through the restraints to his twelve meridians and successfully surpassed the Realm of the General At the age of twenty eight, he was already a well-known cultivator in the Realm of the Emperor. In addition, he had summoned an eighth-grade battle dralion (It resembles a hybrid of a dragon and a lion) at the age of three! Doubtlessly, he was considered as the number one talent in cultivation throughout the Ye Family. Also, in that year, he took the first place on the Mortal Ranking List. Despite all of this, Ye Dao was rebellious and unrestrained. He never took any advice from the Ye Family and even married a prostitute, completely disregarding the objections from his family. The elders in the family bore mixed feelings for him they loved his talent, but they were greatly frustrated by his obstinacy. Eventually, he lost his life in an adventure to one of the three most mysterious areas in the continent the Luo Shen Mountain.

The death of Ye Dao had caused waves of sadness among the family members, as they had lost their most promising cultivator, whose talent was recognized throughout the entire continent.

Staring at the box, Qinghua felt extremely fortunate to obtain these two items. Originally, he thought all the remaining valuables of his father had been confiscated by the family.
      
    Brother, Im sleepy... Ill go to my bedroom. Qingyu shot a warm smile at her brother, before she turned around and left.
      
    Qinghan hastily opened the box and as he did, a yellowish handwritten book and a gleaming ring in the shape of a golden dragon were revealed.

The Sutra of Martial Arts

The Golden Dragon Ring

- Ah! - Qinghans was almost in the state of ecstasy when he saw these two items. The yellowish handwritten book was titled, The Sutra of Wu Dao and encompassed the lifelong experiences of his father, a cultivator in the third level of the Realm of the Emperor. It was priceless! Plus, the ring was a treasure hidden in the Luo Shen Mountain, it must definitely have some special functions! In Qinghans opinion, anything that had a dragon or a phoenix sculptured on it, would be a priceless treasure.

Inside the handwritten book, the calligraphy was vigorous and forceful.

Qinghan read, The cultivation of Martial Arts may change the destiny of your life! For those below the Realm of the General, the determinant factor is your talent and diligence. There are absolutely no shortcuts. If your physical body and talent dont allow you to advance any further in martial arts, then you wont have any chance to climb to the top of the ladder in cultivation. For those above the Realm of the General, intelligence and timing play a more important part at this stage. Some of them may even have the chance to become immortal Ive been cultivating for over twenty years and in these twenty years Ive managed to reach the third level of the Realm of the Emperor, while I also possessed an eighth-grade dralion. My fighting experiences were rich, as Ive fought with various evil emperors from the Demon Prefecture Now, I wish that, with what I wrote here, future cultivators will be helped.

Reading through this first paragraph, Qinghans ecstasy quickly turned into sadness. Without a healthy physical body and talent, he was doomed to be a failure. Diligence alone was far from enough.

Considering the jammed meridians and his lack of talent, Qinghan slipped back into depression.

The first lines of the book were already a death-sentence to his wish of walking down the path of cultivation.

Talent! Talent!

Without talent, the highest he would ever reach was probably the third level of the Realm of the Commander. If he didnt manage to wipe out all of the jammed substance in his meridians, he would never be able to surpass the Realm of the Commander.

The beautiful bubble of dreams was poked by these incisive words. Qinghan quietly sat there, like a flattened balloon. However, he still hoped that there would be a silver lining for him somewhere in the future. So he continued reading.

This book is divided into two volumes. One volume is called the Sutra of Martial Arts, which mainly contains information about the cultivation of martial arts The other volume is about the Secret Code for Sacred Blood. Once learned, one will have the density of their sacred blood increased, under the condition that you are a descendant of the Ye Family. If youve grasped this Secret Code, it will increase the possibility of summoning a seventh-grade... Or even a ninth-grade holy beast

What?! the Secret Code for Sacred Blood? It will actually increase the chance to summon a seventh-grade beast, or better

Haha! Haha!
      
    Qinghans fluctuating mood went to another climax, as the feelings of excitement burst out like a flood, running turbulently, as if it was trying to breach the dyke.

More Chapters