Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:25 AM.

----------

----------

Thanks for the trailers of Ep 49 and 50.
    Looks like it will be 52 episodes.

Ep 51 = about Guo Ma Ma's death, reconciliation of GJ_HR, Meeting up with MNC
    Ep 52 = about Genghis Khan's death, the Greats' meeting at Mt Hua and GJ and HR riding the horses into the wild.
    Did I miss anything important?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Ep 52 :
    click to show/hide spoilers

Last meeting of GJ - Genghis Khan
    GJ goes to Xiangyang city (?)
    Not sure. I thought they will go back to Taohua Island.
    Anyway, if Ep 51 and 52 are like that, the series will as usual end in a "boring/anti-climax" way. They should create some BIG fights in Mt Hua.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:27 AM.

Judging from the trailers, looks like they cut out Ogedei's son and replaced it with Boershu getting killed by Wanyan Honglie. A shame as I liked Boershu quite a lot.

I also hope that they somehow manage to arrange a meeting between Li Ping and Huang Rong. Li Ping has already heard so much about this girl and pretty much given her approval, would be nice if they could meet like in LOCH 2008, even if it's just for a few minutes.

----------

Chapters left

Chapter 37 – Descending from the sky
    Chapter 38 – Secret order in an embroidered pouch
    Chapter 39 – Right and wrong, good and evil
    Chapter 40 – Sword duels on Mount Hua

Hi all, been busy with work & life. Just stopping by to say hi & share some thoughts. As soon as I know about this remake, I got so excited to see this new version. I love how they use the old song, especially the instrumental tune. I can listen to it over & over. Oh the nostalgia! Can't wait to see Miu Kiu Wai as Huang Yaoshi. The best Yang Kang is now HY. I'm on ep.12. Many thanks to all translators & YT uploaders! My Western "foes" & friends would have to wait for Eng. sub. I like everything so far. My only minor complaints: Huang Rong lacks that wickedness, boldness, & intelligence that is supposed to command & capture all attention as soon as camera is on her, or even when she's just in the background. This HR is more kiddish & sad. To this day, I haven't seen any actress who can cover every emotion as well as Barbara Yung or surpass her wit, charm, cuteness, thoughtfulness & boldness as HR. It shows in the eyes & overall appearance. And this Yang Kang, he looks fine for the role, I just can't feel or see the complexity of tormented emotions he's supposed to convey during the tragic day of his life. Maybe it shows better later on? Most actors & actresses who take the role of the parents of YK & GJ make me emotional every time I see that tragic scene/episode. Mu Nianci is pretty, though a bit fierce like a warrior. Understandable since she has to follow Yang Tiexin everywhere North & South since little. I like this new Guo Jing, an honest, innocent, straightforward yet different fresh reminder of Felix Wong. I also like Hu Ge but this version seems to beat his. Overall & so far, everyone looks good & fits their role. I like this version.

Talking Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/wOPvngm.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/FL9eDvA.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/IhZMnBf.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/wDLitU6.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/pUHEgb3.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Judging from the trailers, looks like they cut out Ogedei's son and replaced it with Boershu getting killed by Wanyan Honglie. A shame as I liked Boershu quite a lot.

I also hope that they somehow manage to arrange a meeting between Li Ping and Huang Rong. Li Ping has already heard so much about this girl and pretty much given her approval, would be nice if they could meet like in LOCH 2008, even if it's just for a few minutes.
    1. May I ask who is Boershu? Have he appeared earlier?
    2. Yes. I will like to see that too. But it will depend on where Genghis Khan grant GJ a wish in view of the latter's victory.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by snowlynx View Post
    Hi all, been busy with work & life. Just stopping by to say hi & share some thoughts. As soon as I know about this remake, I got so excited to see this new version. I love how they use the old song, especially the instrumental tune. I can listen to it over & over. Oh the nostalgia! Can't wait to see Miu Kiu Wai as Huang Yaoshi. The best Yang Kang is now HY. I'm on ep.12. Many thanks to all translators & YT uploaders! My Western "foes" & friends would have to wait for Eng. sub. I like everything so far. My only minor complaints: Huang Rong lacks that wickedness, boldness, & intelligence that is supposed to command & capture all attention as soon as camera is on her, or even when she's just in the background. This HR is more kiddish & sad. To this day, I haven't seen any actress who can cover every emotion as well as Barbara Yung or surpass her wit, charm, cuteness, thoughtfulness & boldness as HR. It shows in the eyes & overall appearance. And this Yang Kang, he looks fine for the role, I just can't feel or see the complexity of tormented emotions he's supposed to convey during the tragic day of his life. Maybe it shows better later on? Most actors & actresses who take the role of the parents of YK & GJ make me emotional every time I see that tragic scene/episode. Mu Nianci is pretty, though a bit fierce like a warrior. Understandable since she has to follow Yang Tiexin everywhere North & South since little. I like this new Guo Jing, an honest, innocent, straightforward yet different fresh reminder of Felix Wong. I also like Hu Ge but this version seems to beat his. Overall & so far, everyone looks good & fits their role. I like this version.
    I really like Li Yi Tong's Huang Rong. But that has nothing to do with comparing to 83 version at all. I judge this series wholly on it's OWN merits, and I really find it to be overall EXCELLENT in everything!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 04-01-17 at 10:35 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:26 AM.