Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Hello everybody, this is taken from another thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...60#post1139660

Can anyone remember whether "HR did try to hand the leadership back to HQG after they left the island and fled from OYF but he scolded her for being irresponsible"?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Hello everybody, this is taken from another thread: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...60#post1139660

Can anyone remember whether "HR did try to hand the leadership back to HQG after they left the island and fled from OYF but he scolded her for being irresponsible"?
    HR asked GJ if he wanted to be the chief but he declined. He suggested that HR pass the position to a capable beggar instead. HR then spoke to HQG about it. He rejected her idea and told her off. Think this conversation took place before they infiltrated the palace to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    HR asked GJ if he wanted to be the chief but he declined. He suggested that HR pass the position to a capable beggar instead. HR then spoke to HQG about it. He rejected her idea and told her off. Think this conversation took place before they infiltrated the palace to eat.
    thanks for the note.

myTV SUPER: GJ BTS

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I actually will visit Barbara's grave next week, less than 24 hours x 7 days from today. I'll let you know how her grave look by next weekend... she'll have her mother's grave next to her by now...
    thanks for doing this on behalf of all Barbara's fans. Have a safe trip!

I love this 2017 LOCH. It is well done and most importantly, It reminds everyone of the fond memories of watching the 1983 LOCH, allow us to remember Barbara in our own way. A nice way to pay tribute too.

Banned

As promised, I have watched the first two episodes of this drama. But that's only b/c the ENG subs to the first two EPs are finally up on subscene...

Anyways.

- Murong Fu from DGSD 2013 is back as YK's future step dad. In LOCH 2003, he sneakily shot an arrow at GJ/YK's dad. In this version, he's less evil.
    - Other changes to the script like the monk who hid GJ's mom at the temple committed suicide, but in this version he's killed by his nephew.

Dislikes:

- Ew too much nostalgia pandering. This is the version that requires you to have seen the 1983 drama to fully get some of the emotional highlights.
    - Fights choreography are unimpressive (using Nirvana in Fire as benchmark). This drama actually looks bad on my 720p tablet. On my 1080p one, I'm distracted by the high definition scenes to actually care about the contents of the fights.
    - LOCH 2003 still has the best fight scenes.

Intuition:

- Whether I finish this drama or not will depend on the availability of ENG sub's on subscene (can you believe only 2 EPs have been subbed to date?)
    - My intuition is usually right so a tentative rating:
    Fighter of the Destiny 18.0/10
    Nirvana in Fire 17.5/10
    Three Lives, Three Worlds 12.0/10
    Candle in the Tomb 9.0/10
    LOCH 2017 8.0/10
    Ice Fantasy 7.0/10

Closing notes: Watching this alongside Princess Agents (smacks of being a chick flick and idol drama, but I'm checking it out coz of the high ratings+high viewership) & Ice Fantasy (rewatch in 1080p on my retina-like tablet). It seems will be a while until the next 10+ rated drama (my scale) comes along...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 06-25-17 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    As promised, I have watched the first two episodes of this drama. But that's only b/c the ENG subs to the first two EPs are finally up on subscene...

Anyways.

- Murong Fu from DGSD 2013 is back as YK's future step dad. In LOCH 2003, he sneakily shot an arrow at GJ/YK's dad. In this version, he's less evil.
    - Other changes to the script like the monk who hid GJ's mom at the temple committed suicide, but in this version he's killed by his nephew.

Dislikes:

- Ew too much nostalgia pandering. This is the version that requires you to have seen the 1983 drama to fully get some of the emotional highlights.
    - Fights choreography are unimpressive (using Nirvana in Fire as benchmark). This drama actually looks bad on my 720p tablet. On my 1080p one, I'm distracted by the high definition scenes to actually care about the contents of the fights.
    - LOCH 2003 still has the best fight scenes.

Intuition:

- Whether I finish this drama or not will depend on the availability of ENG sub's on subscene (can you believe only 2 EPs have been subbed to date?)
    - My intuition is usually right so a tentative rating:
    Fighter of the Destiny 18.0/10
    Nirvana in Fire 17.5/10
    Three Lives, Three Worlds 12.0/10
    Candle in the Tomb 9.0/10
    LOCH 2017 8.0/10
    Ice Fantasy 7.0/10

Closing notes: Watching this alongside Princess Agents (smacks of being a chick flick and idol drama, but I'm checking it out coz of the high ratings+high viewership) & Ice Fantasy (rewatch in 1080p on my retina-like tablet). It seems will be a while until the next 10+ rated drama (my scale) comes along...
    Don't think anyone cares about what you think. This one ended a while ago already lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric One View Post
    Don't think anyone cares about what you think. This one ended a while ago already lol
    ditto, his "intuition" lol

Sadly, the merchandises for this TV series is a missed opportunity. I would buy some if they have T-shirt, etc. And, I would buy this series on Blu-ray!

Are there any TV shows like this at all, currently or very SOON? I will watch if there are. Probably not though, if I have to guess.

China seem to rather have melodramas and XianXia than good Wuxia series anymore. I just HATE this trend.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 06-26-17 at 11:58 PM.

MM, CXX & LYT

BTS: Ray Lui

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Are there any TV shows like this at all, currently or very SOON? I will watch if there are. Probably not though, if I have to guess.
    The new Ode To Gallantry will air in a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    China seem to rather have melodramas and XianXia than good Wuxia series anymore. I just HATE this trend.
    Absolutely agree. Xianxia used to be as good as wuxia, with a historical palace setting, a lot of fantasy elements, and some romance.
    Nowadays, Xianxia is just romance, a little bit of fantasy, and, if you're​ lucky, a minor non romance-related subplot. It's become such a commercial genre in the film industry aswell. It's just popular good-looking idol actresses and actors for good ratings, nothing else seems to matter. Let me just say that I absolutely despise 'Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Li of Peach Blossoms'. It's completely overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by shǎ gēge View Post
    The new Ode To Gallantry will air in a couple of days.
    OT: Is there any thread for this series in this forum? I have not watched this series before.
    Last edited by wkeej; 06-28-17 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    thanks for doing this on behalf of all Barbara's fans. Have a safe trip!

I love this 2017 LOCH. It is well done and most importantly, It reminds everyone of the fond memories of watching the 1983 LOCH, allow us to remember Barbara in our own way. A nice way to pay tribute too.

Apologies for "hijacking", but I thought it's a good place to post this news:

Barbara's family in Cambridge will replace her old white tombstone with a new one, where her mother's name will be scribed on as well. Rob Radboud (Barbara's former Dutch boyfriend) and I think that the tombstone should be preserved instead of being thrown away... and the best place for us is Hong Kong, where Barbara's memorial tablet is located.

However, we have not found a person who can help us from the Hong Kong end. It will be a tedious task, involving surely permits and money, because transporting the tablet won't come as cheap. But as long as there is a will, surely there is a way.

The secretary of the HK fans club that Rob contacted said that the stone relocation might be more feasible to be relocated in China, because the fans club there was planning to make a Barbara museum in China. But Rob and I still think HK is the better place, for it was Barbara's birth place and she lived a significant portion of her life there.

Thus, we definitely need someone who lives in HK, or at least frequently visit HK. The plan has to move forward in two months, say by mid August, otherwise the old stone will not have a place to go (i.e. will be abandoned). Considering the historical value of the stone, I highly recommend we try to raise fund and work on the bueraucracy to move the stone to HK somehow.

Thus, please email me if you'd like to help with this endeavour. My email is southernriver74 at gmail dot com.

I have also visited Barbara's grave (thus I learned about the plan to replace the tombstone). My report can be read here:
    http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.nl...b-radboud.html

Now, back to LOCH 2017. Does anyone know about the reception of this series in HK? I assume the series has also wrapped up the airing in HK?

Apologies for "hijacking", but I thought it's a good place to post this news:

Barbara's family in Cambridge will replace her old white tombstone with a new one, where her mother's name will be scribed on as well. Rob Radboud (Barbara's former Dutch boyfriend) and I think that the tombstone should be preserved instead of being thrown away... and the best place for us is Hong Kong, where Barbara's memorial tablet is located.

However, we have not found a person who can help us from the Hong Kong end. It will be a tedious task, involving surely permits and money, because transporting the tablet won't come as cheap. But as long as there is a will, surely there is a way.

The secretary of the HK fans club that Rob contacted said that the stone relocation might be more feasible to be relocated in China, because the fans club there was planning to make a Barbara museum in China. But Rob and I still think HK is the better place, for it was Barbara's birth place and she lived a significant portion of her life there.

Thus, we definitely need someone who lives in HK, or at least frequently visit HK. The plan has to move forward in two months, say by mid August, otherwise the old stone will not have a place to go (i.e. will be abandoned). Considering the historical value of the stone, I highly recommend we try to raise fund and work on the bueraucracy to move the stone to HK somehow.

Thus, please email me if you'd like to help with this endeavour. My email is southernriver74 at gmail dot com.

I have also visited Barbara's grave (thus I learned about the plan to replace the tombstone). My report can be read here:
    http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.nl...b-radboud.html
    Thank you for being so kind to Barbara !!
    I will help to spread the word around.
    Too bad I am not in HK , I am a Singaporean, otherwise i would be able to offer my help too.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: Is there any thread for this series in this forum? I have not watched this series before.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...ni-Li-Jingyang

OT: thanks.

Too bad, LOCH2017 is AMAZING in acting and directing, but "Ode to Gallantry" looks VERY BAD in those 2 aspects from the trailer.

Now, back to LOCH 2017. Does anyone know about the reception of this series in HK? I assume the series has also wrapped up the airing in HK?
    LOCH 2017 is quite well received in HK and remaining with decent ratings. It has aired till episode 39 (cantonese version) but story wise, it is actually at episode 41 around 20 minutes in the mandarin version. The cantonese version has started to cut off some scenes from episode 30 onwards.