Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Thanks a lot, CBWarm. It's a pity they cut off many scenes for the Cantonese version, we feel it's cutting too much already anyway for thr Mandarin version... But it's nice to know the series receives good rating in HK...

Icha

Just to let you know. I sent an Email to TVB to mention about Barbara's Tombstone
    I am not sure if you receive my PM
    because my server keep having problems

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Thanks a lot, CBWarm. It's a pity they cut off many scenes for the Cantonese version, we feel it's cutting too much already anyway for thr Mandarin version... But it's nice to know the series receives good rating in HK...
    You're welcome, IP. Thank you for being so kind to Barbara and the updates on your trip.

Updates on LOCH 2017, cantonese version of episode 42 is already on the same par as episode 44 (mandarin version) so there should be no more cut scenes for the remaining episodes till 50 which is the last episode for cantonese version.

i loved this series very very much because had a high quality

Does anyone know this series is beginning new trilogy or it's just a prequel for ROCH 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    Icha

Just to let you know. I sent an Email to TVB to mention about Barbara's Tombstone
    I am not sure if you receive my PM
    because my server keep having problems
    My sincere apologies, I was flying back from Europe to Australia the day you sent me the messages, and I've been having jetlag since I arrived. I'm better now, hence the roaming.

Thanks a lot for doing this, let's see if anything comes up. The Barbara fan club in HK has done their share, but no results still for a place in HK that would host the stone...

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    You're welcome, IP. Thank you for being so kind to Barbara and the updates on your trip.

Updates on LOCH 2017, cantonese version of episode 42 is already on the same par as episode 44 (mandarin version) so there should be no more cut scenes for the remaining episodes till 50 which is the last episode for cantonese version.
    Any links to watch the Cantonese version? Thanks, CBWarm for the update.

The Cantonese version was reported with 50 episodes seems to be not true anymore. After catching up with the latest 2 episodes, I found that there are still many scenes were cut off as epi 46 (canto version) is already up to the progress of episode 49 (mandarin version). It's a pity they cut off many scenes for the Cantonese version. TVB should be airing its finale episode 49, this coming Friday.

Any links to watch the Cantonese version? Thanks, CBWarm for the update.
    Icha, did I or did I not send you the link to watch the Cantonese version yet?

TVB Promo
    Just a promo video and LOCH 2017 cast as background

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    i loved this series very very much because had a high quality

Does anyone know this series is beginning new trilogy or it's just a prequel for ROCH 2014?
    The Legend of the Condor Heroes is the first part of the Condor Trilogy and is followed by The Return of the Condor Heroes and The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber. So, indeed LOCH is the prequel to ROCH and not just particular to ROCH 2014.
    Last edited by CBWarm; 07-12-17 at 12:43 PM.

The Legend of the Condor Heroes is the first part of the Condor Trilogy and is followed by The Return of the Condor Heroes and The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber. So, indeed LOCH is the prequel to ROCH .
    really?you thought i am an amateur?
    my question is very simple
    does this series beginning a new tv trilogy or it's just a prequel for The Romance of the Condor Heroes or it's only one series like LOCH 2008?

does this series beginning a new tv trilogy or it's just a prequel for The Romance of the Condor Heroes or it's only one series like LOCH 2008?
    This question is a bit strange. My direct answer is "Nobody knows" unless the director/producer/sponsor says so.

It was actually a fair question... however, it can be clarified in a more friendly manner, for I do not think CBWarm meant to offend you, Reydge...

Icha, did I or did I not send you the link to watch the Cantonese version yet?
    ooohhh... yes! How silly of me, I thought it was just the first episode... Thanks again, CB!

@WuxiaRock: how is the translation of the series going?

I was thinking of having the soft-sub displayed in the Cantonese version (oldies growing up on 80s HK series, hence I love listening to Cantonese conversations...)...

Sorry @reydge, my bad for not getting your question right

ooohhh... yes! How silly of me, I thought it was just the first episode... Thanks again, CB!
    You are welcome, Icha. I can't remember myself clearly whether I had provide you the link or not . The site contains mandarin, cantonese and english sub (in progress) as well if not mistaken.
    Last edited by CBWarm; 07-13-17 at 08:30 PM.

Sorry @reydge, my bad for not getting your question right
    I'm sorry for bad tone
    i really did not want to offend you

all good, Reydge ^_^

I've been episode-jumping watching the Cantonese version. I grew to like it. I wasn't really happy with the first episode cos I thought the dubbing was weird (I don't like dubbing anyway), but Ep 2 improves a lot from the first scene. Then I tried ep 7 where GJ was already in the Central Plain, and I like GJ's and HR's Canto dubs. I also like Ouyang Ke's dubber.

Will keep watching, but just on my free time. It's better than I originally thought, though. Thanks, CBWarm for the link!

I'm sorry for bad tone
    i really did not want to offend you
    @reydge, no worries ^_^