Page 30 of 150 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

People are comparing things that they personally think are worth comparing, not trying to make the most morally correct judgment possible. You're the only one here who thinks you objectively know the most morally correct way to compare things. We've always compared different versions of LOCH, this is honestly the first time I'm hearing that it's unfair to do so.

Also, if you actually care to know my opinion rather than stating your own opinion as a fact, take a look at Nirvana in Fire. Or as for some modern/Republican dramas with choreography that I liked, try The Disguiser or When a Snail Falls in Love or Memory Lost.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    To prove me wrong, all you have to do is to name one 2015/2016 series that's better Martial Arts than this one is. Can you?
    Not sure what your point is, as I have never said that this show is the worst of the new age, nor have I been completely negative in my comments. I am trying to keep an open mind, you however seem to have made up your mind that this is the 'BEST', and refuse to accept any suggestion to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    People are comparing things that they personally think are worth comparing, not trying to make the most morally correct judgment possible. You're the only one here who thinks you objectively know the most morally correct way to compare things. We've always compared different versions of LOCH, this is honestly the first time I'm hearing that it's unfair to do so.

Also, if you actually care to know my opinion rather than stating your own opinion as a fact, take a look at Nirvana in Fire. Or as for some modern/Republican dramas with choreography that I liked, try The Disguiser or When a Snail Falls in Love or Memory Lost.
    No, I am not the only one.

@luna_lucid also said this show's Martial Arts is very good in today's standards.

That's all we meant, how it compares in TODAY'S STANDARDS.

If you want only comparing this to 80s, why not also compare other today's series to 80s, then?
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 07:00 PM.

Did luna_lucid say that we're not allowed to compare this series with other versions of LOCH? That's news to me. Anyway, if you don't want to hear other people's opinions then who am I to make you..
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

If you want only comparing this to 80s, why not also compare other today's series to 80s, then?

NO I TOTALLY GET what you are all saying, but to only hold this series to a higher standard. While other subpar series (most of them) gets a pass don't seem fair to me!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 07:03 PM.

I personally haven't held this series to a higher standard because I didn't expect much, even just based on casting and stills. I just think it's perfectly understandable for other people to do so? If you're going to do something iconic then people will expect you to live up to it. It's not that complicated pal. And even without expectations, I still don't like the choreography. Sue me. Maybe you should let other people share their opinions and not take it so personally. Anyway, that's all I have to say to you.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

What, personal? Just want to talk about the fairness of today's standards that's all. How is it personal?

Well, that's ENOUGH!

Can we talk about this show in more positive fashion?

This is really a GREAT show, (Far better than most stuff I also watched this couple years) and it doesn't deserve all the unfair negativity coming at it. *SIGH*
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 07:19 PM.

Don Yu... I'm willing to talk about this show in a more positive manner. Cos I do like this show anyway, despite the slow-mo (which is not only happening to this show but to other recent series as well including Nirvana in Fire, which I also love despite the slow-mo).

But it would help us all if we refrain from using '!' and capital words every other sentence. It seems to me... the sentence screams to the readers, which doesn't help the discussion...

At any rate, I was stealing time to watch ep 3 on YT, and I like the Mongolian vs Jurchen scene. I love the Seven Freaks, as a group and individually. And Mei Chaofeng looks good to me for now (I haven't got to the part where her husband died).

And as Mandred said, the Jebe scene where he broke the arrow head was classic. I agree, less is more. Have to say Genghis Khan and Jebe are my two favourite Mongolians now.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    The music for this trailer #2 is out! I LOVE IT!!!!!

There is also another song, that's played in episode 4 during Guo Jing's training.

So this show does have a few more songs, just wondering if they will get released officially at some point, hopefully so.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/bc67ff3bly1fblemaj896j20zk0lcn2t.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/7c8440ddly1fbltvxog69j21w01f0x6u.jpg')
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 07:54 PM.

Just wanted to make a post about GJ's 6-7 freak masters. I forget how truly dumb they are lol

All the misunderstandings which propels the story pretty much starts with them. The Mary Sue's of LOCH.

I haven't finished ep 3. Who is the guy in white? Yang Kang?

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:39 PM.

Ok, let's talk about Ep 2.
    1. Gao Ma Ma is very pretty. Young Tuolei looks more handsome than Guo Jing.
    2. Pardon my Mandarin, there is one part which I do not understand. How were the 7 freaks (possibly six of them) and Priest Qiu poisoned? Someone can help?
    3. The "evil" officer not dead? Hope that he is "killed" by Guo Jing one day.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:39 PM.

I don't think we seen Yang Kang. Don't believe the evil Wanyan Honglie brought him along.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Which guy? The one with MCF? Wasnt he just a victim ?

-edited- : sorry he didnt wear white. So which one? YK was still small in most of epi 3

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/7c8440ddly1fbltvxog69j21w01f0x6u.jpg')

This guy... is he Guo Jing?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Ok, let's talk about Ep 2.
    1. Gao Ma Ma is very pretty. Young Tuolei looks more handsome than Guo Jing.
    2. Pardon my Mandarin, there is one part which I do not understand. How were the 7 freaks (possibly six of them) and Priest Qiu poisoned? Someone can help?
    3. The "evil" officer not dead? Hope that he is "killed" by Guo Jing one day.
    Hi Wkeej, re #2, I don't think 6/7 Freaks and Qiu Chuji were poisoned. They hit each other successfully that when Duan Tiande (that's the guy with the blue streak on his face) dragged Li Ping (Guo Mama) out, the 6 Freaks and Master Qiu were already incapacitated. So in that sense, the Freaks and Master Qiu brought their own problems by not listening to each other...

I have to say, I like it that the 3rd Freak (or whoever he was inside the bell) chasing Li Ping on horse was a nice addition. It showed that the Freaks actually did try to rescue her...

Oh, and the evil officer (Duan Tiande) will be killed by Yang Kang in the book. Not sure how they will do that in this series, but I hope they stick to it.

Yes William Yang posted it.

This is the story of Wanyan Honglie *SPOILERS*

http://alternativehistorychristos.wi...Wanyan_Honglie

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:38 PM.