Page 34 of 150 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Banned

Haha. I just took a look at Ep 5 preview 5 minute clip. Only b/c it was posted on another drama site, so I became curious. I'm so NOT watching this series b/c of what I saw (I haven't even seen the 1st two episodes yet). The last time I saw a wuxia hero pick up a girl like that and literally fly her to the rooftop was Superman doing the same to Lois... veeeery XianXia like. Where was the Sun Wukong type martial arts jump? That didn't happen in the clip. I saw two ppl floating off from the ground defying gravity... Looks like the only Jin Yong adaptation I look forward to watching in 2017 might be HSDS, even then it will be with lessened enthusiasm b/c of how ROCH 2014 turned out.
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-12-17 at 12:08 PM.

Huh? I seen people flying easily ALL the time in numerous previous Wuxia series.

And, they even showed his foot jumping!

Looks like you just want to come up with any excuse to hate a series you are Pre-Judging to be bad!

You know what? We DON'T care how you pre-judge this series! We already seen it and it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 12:34 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    And, they even showed his foot jumping!

Looks like you just want to come up with any excuse to hate a series you are Pre-Judging to be bad!

You know what? We DON'T care how you pre-judge this series! We already seen it and it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!

Says the person who reviewed LOCH 2017 on MyDramaList and gave it a 10/10 after seeing just 4 episodes. How's that for being biased?

(I'm actually kind of embarrassed such users are actually members of SPCNET:

http://mydramalist.com/19556-legend-...-condor-heroes

Scroll down to the reviews section. Our poster here has actually set a bad example of how not to review a drama...

Quoting user Black_Cat16 [on that site]:

It's a long 52 episode drama, and somebody has review it just by the two episodes airing like it's a sure perfection, dude wtf lol, are you a psychic?
    )
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-12-17 at 01:28 PM.

YES I feel these 4 episodes are perfect 10/10, sue me!

As I said, I found NOTHING bad/wrong with this series, at all!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 03:25 PM.

Honesty I didn't care about any of those fightings, I was like...the only one who probably fast forward ep1 all the way to ep4 and a half. I only find it interesting when GJ grew up.
    These fightings...if they are too long then I just skip them. The only thing would make people complain is if the fightings are like Xianxia where people throws magic power everywhere 90% of the time. In the least, if there are most physical contact fightings then it's fine, nobody these days (or maybe just actors) have skills to do Shaw Brother's 1980s real kung fu fights anymore, even General and I has many slow motion fights that are similar to this one. I don't even like to see fightings to be all that long too... all I care is just a tiny bit of good physical hand fight to show that the characters have some skills. And I rather not see them being cruel to animals just to show cool fighting scenes...

Just really want to see HR appears and start all the fun. Same thing that I did with 2008 version, the beginning was boring as well, although... somehow I feel it was somewhat faster than this new one though. But they both landed around ep 4 or 5, near where HR will appear soon.

Plus, I am ONLY giving this great series 10/10 score, all the other series on this forum I am certainly not as generous with them.

Legend of Chusen is actually really bad, songs are really good though. Legend of Flying Daggers is better show than that. General and I is not 10/10 eiher but I still think is the better show than these other two.

I LOVE the OVERALL quality of this show, I just do, honestly. I do NOT give 10/10 easily, but in this case, I am very conscience and based the score on with how I really loved it and did not hate anything about it.

I can tell you one thing for sure, I WON'T compare this show to 80s when I gauge the quality. But I will compare to other shows of TODAY (Vs shows that came out this couple years)!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 03:47 PM.

Directing is my favorite I feel it is very very well directed. For example, the 7 freaks wine-drinking introductions + fight scene is just very creatively directed I watched that segment like 5 times already!

Acting is so good too, William Yang is flawless as Guo Jing in Ep3/4. Other supporting characters give great and emotional performances too.

There are no stupid/silly humor either with this show.

As for action, once you don't compare it to 80s, it is one of the BEST in this couple years, period.

And, plot, we all know it and the show definitely stayed very faithful to it.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 04:26 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:44 PM.

I don't know 100%, because my Chinese reading skills is not that good, but I know one of it is probably about ratings. It should get 8-9+ ratings at least, IMO.

Viewership ratings for the drama on TV is quite low...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://s24.postimg.org/ctozomp45/Capture.png')

It's not promoted very well. Just 2 trailers 4-5 minutes and no Music Videos. I don't know whether the opening and ending 83 music counts as usual promotion.

Mainstream America, pretty much NO ONE, knows about this show is coming out. Twitter/Google searches on this show ends up mostly 'blank'!

Plus, no famous actresses or actors. but I think William Yang and Li Yi Tong will do really well, and people WILL begin to notice after words of mouth!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 08:58 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:43 PM.

A series focusing on story in an era of idol promotion drama getting low ratings? I'm not surprised.

The leads here are all fairly new as well, as others have said. Words of mouth will spread.

Some of the best series are the underrated ones.

But I do hope the rating climb, as low ratings can kill any potential for future quality Wuxia series.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-12-17 at 08:57 PM.

Baffling to me, based on how popular Zhang Bichen is they did not want to promote that song MV!

I guess perhaps the producers of this show don't want to sell this show on celebrity popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    Baffling to me, based on how popular Zhang Bichen is they did not want to promote that song MV!

I guess perhaps the producers of this show don't want to sell this show on celebrity popularity?
    NEVERMIND, I got confused she didn't sing for this show LOL. She sang for 'Chusen'

This is Huace. They didn't even release a single MV for DGSD 2013, nor Duke of Mount Deer 2014.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:43 PM.

Well, I suppose I'll watch the iQIYI site from now on then to boost the viewing rate... still will download the YT for safe keep.

Any news about Viki subtitling this series?

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    This is Huace. They didn't even release a single MV for DGSD 2013, nor Duke of Mount Deer 2014.
    Were the storylines good for those two series? Bad ratings can be because of lack of promotion, or the series' storylines are not up to the expectations, or because people are so done with remakes... hence they are in the wait-and-see mode to see the series.

I see LOCH 2017 as having good storylines with good pacing so far. So perhaps people are in the wait-and-see mode. Having Michael Miu and Ray Lui (at least MM) appearing sooner than later should help the rating as well.

So HR will appear next Monday, then YK next Tuesday. Is it realistic to hope that Michael will appear before the end of Jan? Say, on 30 and 31 Jan?

Or at least first week of Feb?