Page 35 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Well, I suppose I'll watch the iQIYI site from now on then to boost the viewing rate... still will download the YT for safe keep.

Any news about Viki subtitling this series?
    Not yet.

Were the storylines good for those two series? Bad ratings can be because of lack of promotion, or the series' storylines are not up to the expectations, or because people are so done with remakes... hence they are in the wait-and-see mode to see the series.
    They were pretty good actually. So far this company has been fairly faithful in their adaptations.

Maybe a lot of people are done with remakes, but I doubt it. As not everyone grew up in the same generation, so they can't all be tired of remakes if they haven't seen all the versions in the past.

They're probably in the wait mode, it is still early. Plus there's a lot of drama airing right now. They can't make time for all of it. There's like over 20+ drama airing this month alone.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-12-17 at 10:05 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    DGSD 2013's story and pacing was pretty good, but some people had problems with the main leads (esp Duan Yu) and the special effect. Plus, I noticed that some viewers didnt like the ending, coz the story adapted the revised version of the novel. I've never saw DOMD 2014 (didnt really like that story), so I didnt know about the quality.

Regarding Michael Miu, I predicted that he will appear on 1st/ 2nd week of Feb. But, that is if they dont add anything to the story. I dont mind if they develop GJ-HR-YK-MNC ..and I think they will do, considering the preview of epi 5 . Just guessing, though
    I love Jia Qing and Wallace Chung one of the BEST love stories/leads!

The Deer And The Cauldron sadly isn't as good story/Wuxia stuff.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-12-17 at 11:58 PM.

Waiting for the series to be subbed Lemme know of some websites that subs it when it happens TIA!

DGSD2013 is good because of the change in storyline that DY (who promise) did marry MWQ in the end.
    Hope that there is no marriage arrangement between GJ and HZ in this series.

Storyline to me is actually more important than the actors/actresses. E.g. I have always thought that Kent Tong was the actor for MRF (in DGSD83) until someone (I believe it is IP) corrected me. If you asked me who are the actors/actresses for this series, I can only name three: Genghis Khan (because he is from my country); HR (because of the constant publicity from Don Yu) and YK (IP's favorite).

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    DGSD2013 is good because of the change in storyline that DY (who promise) did marry MWQ in the end.
    Hope that there is no marriage arrangement between GJ and HZ in this series.

Storyline to me is actually more important than the actors/actresses. E.g. I have always thought that Kent Tong was the actor for MRF (in DGSD83) until someone (I believe it is IP) corrected me. If you asked me who are the actors/actresses for this series, I can only name three: Genghis Khan (because he is from my country); HR (because of the constant publicity from Don Yu) and YK (IP's favorite).
    LOL, I wouldn't be the one who corrected you for Kent Tong. I know he was in DGSD 83, but I forgot the name for his character. Wait... yes, I remember. Kent Tong played as Duan Yu in DGSD, but I am not sure I was the one who corrected you about MRF (what does it stand for, again?).

And my favourite in this series is not (yet) YK; it was Huang Yaoshi... ^_^ Unless you meant the 1983 YK (Michael Miu).

But I have collected at least two favourites now; Jebe and Genghis Khan. As I said earlier, I'll feel a bit sorry when the storyline shifts to Jiang Nan next week... for I like the Mongolian crew and storylines... That will be the first time, actually...
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-13-17 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    So far this company has been fairly faithful in their adaptations.

Maybe a lot of people are done with remakes, but I doubt it. As not everyone grew up in the same generation, so they can't all be tired of remakes if they haven't seen all the versions in the past.

They're probably in the wait mode, it is still early. Plus there's a lot of drama airing right now. They can't make time for all of it. There's like over 20+ drama airing this month alone.
    Ah, good to know. I didn't realise that there are 20 drama airing in China this month. That makes sense...

In Hollywood, some companies will plan carefully not to clash their schedule with their rivals. Say, Warner Bros will not release Wonder Woman at the same time with Disney's Thor 3, or vice versa. Not sure if that's what the strategy is in China. Seems not.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:45 PM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:45 PM.

I heard that some people didnt like the ending of :
    click to show/hide spoilers

WYY, because she went back to her evil cousin.

Regarding the leads, the complaints were mostly on DY. Some felt that Wallace wasnt too convincing as XF. I personally okay with all of that, except for the one in the spoiler . Well, still consider it a good series, though.
    OT: I accept the spoiler. I have always noted that it is all right for DY to marry WYY. Better still, he marry all his cousins including Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi too.
    Last edited by wkeej; 01-13-17 at 02:21 AM.

So wait, how many wives does this Duan Yu character have in the end??

MRF should be Murong Fu, right?

My fave in LOCH 2017 until now is Jebe, Genghis Khan, Guo Jing. The 2nd faves are 7th Teacher and the one with the fan (I forgot, the 4h? He is the one who's an expert in stealing, right? )
    2nd Teacher/Freak. Yeah, he's cute and cool with his stealing. I love him too!

2nd Teacher/Freak. Yeah, he's cute and cool with his stealing. I love him too!
    OT: According to latest novel, three
    1. Cousin MWQ
    2. Cousin Hong Ling
    3. Xixia Princess's servant/maid (Is her name Xiao Hong/Lay? Can't remember)
    According to DGSD2013, only the first two.

2nd teacher looks charismatic.

Interesting to see that some support for Genghis Khan.

And yes, it is HYS and not YK. Sorry for the blunder.
    Last edited by wkeej; 01-13-17 at 02:28 AM.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:44 PM.

Thank you guys for filling in details of the OT (yet still Jin Yong) Duan Yu. LOL, that guy Duan Yu has been busy indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: According to latest novel, three
    1. Cousin MWQ
    2. Cousin Hong Ling
    3. Xixia Princess's servant/maid (Is her name Xiao Hong/Lay? Can't remember)
    According to DGSD2013, only the first two.

2nd teacher looks charismatic.

Interesting to see that some support for Genghis Khan.

And yes, it is HYS and not YK. Sorry for the blunder.
    Haha, no worries, I make mistakes all the time too...

So now my fave so far are Jebe, Genghis Khan, and Second Freak. I like GJ too, but I'll wait till ep 5 to say he's my favourite (I hope so...).

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

If you are asking about the 2013 version then he had two wives ZL & MWQ. My favourite part in this version was also the love story between QF and Azhu. I was indifferent to the action but pleased that the plot mostly stayed faithful.

I didn't mind the ending as I never cared for WYY, she was too whinny for me to like.

Back to LOCH, unless they add some extra scenes then it is unlikely that Michael will be appear before ep 10-15, so I am guessing we will see him in mid Feb. But you never know, we might get lucky and one of the priest might flash back to the tournament at Mount Hua and we get to see all the Greats.

True, true... I guess early or mid Feb is the reasonable time for Huang Yaoshi to appear...

Although you could be right, too. For Ma Yu actually talked about Huang Yaoshi in Book 1 Chapter 6:

“Ke Zhen’E and Zhu Cong had already heard of the kung fu of Huang Yaoshi, often in such exaggerated terms that they had difficulty believing in the man's power. The Quanzhen Sect represented the orthodox martial arts. If Ma Yu felt fear regarding Huang, it was evidently something to take into account” (Book 1, Chapter 6)

http://wuxiasociety.com/legend-condo...s-chapter-6/5/

But since we've past that chapter, I suppose I will have to wait until Feb. That's fine... cos I have lots of things to do beforehand...

Instead of adapting same story, over and over, they should try something new. Like gender swap the characters.

Like yang kang should stay male, but guo jing female, huang rong male then there could be love triangle thingy.

Since most shows seems to have female leads. It'll be refreshing to have guo jing be female pointing mew perspective.

Like how yang kang and guo jing were to be engaged since birth, yang kang gets jealous bc gj doesn't like him but hr. Hua zhen will be a dude , tuo luo female.

Guo jing being female instead will be very good at cooking but keep same innocent naive character guo jing always had. While huang rong will be obviously handsome, intelligent, witty, etc other characteristics hr currently have besides cooking part.

Ou yang ke will be female, siren type character, who likes bith yang kang and huang rong, will do everything for yang kang but yk has eyes only for mnc and gj. So basically essence of story will be intact like going to peach blossom island for hr marriage with oyf etc.

This way this could remake adaptions but at least viewers like us who watched 80s version til 2017 will have something new to look foward too instead of comparing this guo jing to 80s or other adaptions. But having female lead be guo jing there will be no comparison so it gives the actress less pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Instead of adapting same story, over and over, they should try something new. Like gender swap the characters.

Like yang kang should stay male, but guo jing female, huang rong male then there could be love triangle thingy.

Since most shows seems to have female leads. It'll be refreshing to have guo jing be female pointing mew perspective.

Like how yang kang and guo jing were to be engaged since birth, yang kang gets jealous bc gj doesn't like him but hr. Hua zhen will be a dude , tuo luo female.

Guo jing being female instead will be very good at cooking but keep same innocent naive character guo jing always had. While huang rong will be obviously handsome, intelligent, witty, etc other characteristics hr currently have besides cooking part.

Ou yang ke will be female, siren type character, who likes bith yang kang and huang rong, will do everything for yang kang but yk has eyes only for mnc and gj. So basically essence of story will be intact like going to peach blossom island for hr marriage with oyf etc.

This way this could remake adaptions but at least viewers like us who watched 80s version til 2017 will have something new to look foward too instead of comparing this guo jing to 80s or other adaptions. But having female lead be guo jing there will be no comparison so it gives the actress less pressure.
    For any other stories, maybe. For JY's novel adaptation, this will not work.

Swordsman went with some drastic changes, and the results/feedback was brutal.

Fans are still scarred today.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-13-17 at 05:00 AM.

What happened to the Swordsman series? That's the one Yu Zheng adapted/directed?

What happened to the Swordsman series? That's the one Yu Zheng adapted/directed?
    Yes, it was by Yu Zheng.

He made DFBB a girl at birth, who fall for LHC. There's a love triangle with RYY. And LHC personality was altered from being carefree to being a hypocrite, like his master. It was painful.

ROCH 2014 was also by YZ, who gave the 4 greats love story flashback arc. Another disaster.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-13-17 at 05:20 AM.