Page 49 of 150 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

This scene is funny; I laughed when GJ was hanging on to dear life, I mean hanging on to YK's waist to prevent him from leaving.

What does this poster say?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/oJMs5Bc.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    Just a quick note. I'm beginning to like CXX's portrayal of Yang Kang. It's looking like he was leaning toward Michael Miu's interpretation. I like his straight up posture, it's princely IMO. Like I've said before, regardless my personal fondness of Yuan Hong (and I think he's very talented), his Yang Kang is too bratty and a little childish to me. I know all of them are supposedly teenagers, but IMO teens back in those days were more mature than modern times teens.

As with OYK, acting wise is OK so far, but I have issues with his styling, with too many hair accessories. He might have been ancient China's metrosexual, but not a hipster LOL. I have yet to see more of him in fighting scenes. Sorry for the comparison again, but Li Jie was fantastic in the fighting scenes, he really showed how capable OYK was.
    LOL, I really love Li Jie's OYK, no doubt. He's the best OYK for me. But surprisingly, I like Li Zhiyang's OYK too... tho I agree he can reduce the hair accessories, despite him being a metrosexual...

And yes, I love Yuan Hong, but not his (or the production's) interpretation of YK in 2008. Yuan Hong's YK didn't have enough wickedness that is combined with such playfulness as Michael Miu's YK. I do like CXX's YK better than Yuan Hong's, so we'll see for next episodes...

Hey, remember when some of us (including Mandred and I) were complaining how the Six Freaks, particularly Ke Zheng'E, got the upper hand of Ouyang Ke in Ep 7, and we thought it was BS cos OYK's kungfu should have been better?

Well, true that OYK's kungfu was very good, but in one passage in Ch 11 (Changchun admits defeat), Jin Yong actually mentioned how OYK was hit by Ke Zheng'E's mace...

http://wuxiasociety.com/legend-condo...-chapter-11/2/

After parting with Guo Jing at the inn, the Freaks had tailed the eight girls from White Camel Mountain. When they discovered that Ouyang Ke was leading his concubines to abduct innocent girls at night, they fought him there and then. After all, how could the Six Freaks of Jiang Nan sit by and do nothing while such atrocities were being committed? Although Ouyang Ke was highly-skilled, the Six Freaks had spent more than a decade in the desert working hard and had improved significantly since they left the Central Plains. Surrounded by six fighters, Ouyang Ke was hit by Ke Zheng’E’s mace and subsequently had his left little finger dislocated, courtesy of Zhu Cong’s Bone Dislocation technique. Left with no choice, Ouyang Ke was forced to leave the abducted girls behind and flee. The two concubines that had accompanied Ouyang Ke for the mission, however, were killed by Nan Xi Ren and Quan Jin Fa.
    And then in the same Chapter 11, OYK later defeated the Six Freaks.

Moving forward, Ouyang Ke struck out his right palm. Ke Zheng’E roused the end of his staff to meet the strike but caught nothing, only the sound of wind brushing past his right ear. Instead, the real attack came from the left with Ouyang Ke’s reverse left palm flying towards him. Ke Zheng’E dipped his head to avoid being struck, then used the “Diamond Guard” staff technique and fiercely attacked forward, but by this time, Ouyang Ke was already embroiled with Nan Xi Ren. Skillfully weaving his way through, Ouyang Ke had already attempted fatal blows on all 6 Freaks within a short period of time.
    So apparently, OYK being hit by First Freak was not OOC... at least First Freak did hit OYK once in the novel.

Chapter 11 happens in the Zhao Palace when HR and GJ met Mei Chaofeng again. At the same time, YTX took BXR away from the Palace. That might be the content of Ep 9 or 10 next week...

So I asked Huace directly if they intend to release this on YT, and if they plan to sub it. They respond back telling me to go watch it at iqiyi. Completely ignoring the questions.

Looks like I may have to recruit a team to sub this. Anyone interested you know how to reach me.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-20-17 at 02:38 PM.

As long as they don't block foreign countries like America from viewing Iqiyi then I can deal with the fact they tell me to watch it on Iqiyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    As long as they don't block foreign countries like America from viewing Iqiyi then I can deal with the fact they tell me to watch it on Iqiyi.
    I don't mind watching on iqiyi either. But it would be nice to get some form of confirmation regarding their YT updates and potential Eng Sub plans.

Even if it's something as vague as "No comment at this time". But they gave nothing.

I guess it's understandable, given their most likely exclusives ties with iqiyi.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-20-17 at 05:22 PM.

So does anyone think those extra VIP iqiyi episodes will get posted? that is where YT people get rip the show from right?

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    So I asked Huace directly if they intend to release this on YT, and if they plan to sub it. They respond back telling me to go watch it at iqiyi. Completely ignoring the questions.

Looks like I may have to recruit a team to sub this. Anyone interested you know how to reach me.
    I would help if i know Mandarin...but since I don't, i can only thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart....

As for iQIYI VIP, apparently it's USD 5 per month, and I assume we can subscribe for one month only...

https://twitter.com/fanqin_/status/667892304200400896

Might try it later...

*wrong topic

Official video or fan video?

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I would help if i know Mandarin...but since I don't, i can only thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart....
    Don't thank me yet, I'm still in planning on how to go about that.

As for iQiyi, I may have some connection with VIP pass. I might be able to get those VIP ep.

I'll keep you posted, regarding both the subbing plans and the VIP ep.

http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrammlj4.html

New clip of Huang Rong cooking and Guo Jing learning Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms

Official video or fan video?

Good MV. But I suspect it's fan made.

The reason is there are no new scenes. Most of the scenes are from trailers and ep aired so far.

And the most obvious is the rough edit at the very end. The song is also cut abruptly.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-21-17 at 04:20 AM.

I skimmed through scenes and I like lyt does look cute but her fighting oyk she really looked as if she didn't know how to fight. She's giving me althena chu vibe of more cutesy hr.

I think I'm just more bias towards Barbara and felix and ariel and Hu ge portrayal.

Like in 08 version I like how hr picks on gj, or gj when training to learn 18 palms , he was acting all hungry when the food were getting eaten or disposed of.

Last edited by Mido-Ban; 01-21-17 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    I skimmed through scenes and I like lyt does look cute but her fighting oyk she really looked as if she didn't know how to fight. She's giving me althena chu vibe of more cutesy hr.

I think I'm just more bias towards Barbara and felix and ariel and Hu ge portrayal.

Like in 08 version I like how hr picks on gj, or gj when training to learn 18 palms , he was acting all hungry when the food were getting eaten or disposed of.

What is Jin Yong's view of Huang Rong? In order to make a full judgement we must know what his idea was.

Li Yi Tong version is definitely most adorable, cute and cheerful, but so far with less 'mean' that we can hopefully all agree on. Personally, I love and prefer this personality, cute, adorable and cheerful wins me over anytime.

These other HR version seem to be little more mean, cold or spiteful even in the clip as above seem more so. I am personally not too fond of that kind of attitude, myself. (Although I would forgive if it's not a constant attitude)

But, LYT version doesn't seem to be any spitefulness as far as I can see. I know she is supposed to be adorable, intelligent, charming but what amount of spitefulness is supposed to be there?

Maybe she ought to be more spiteful as well if Jin Yong wanted that way?

So, if anyone can post all the descriptions of HR by Jin Yong that would be helpful. (Based on the episodes already aired, description of her not being adorable)
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-21-17 at 09:01 AM.

Don Yu, HR does have her dark side... That's why she's not my favourite heroine of all times. She's amazing, alright, but she has her flaws. Jin Yong himself wrote her as such. Chapter 12 (The Proud Dragon Shows Remorse):

http://wuxiasociety.com/legend-condo...chapter-12/17/

In the distance, she saw a lone, female rider dressed in white nearing the inn very quickly. Huang Rong saw it was Yang Tiexin’s daughter, Mu Nianci, whom Guo Jing’s teachers wanted him to marry. Huang Rong’s heart turned sour and, as Mu Nianci got closer, she refused to make a sound. “What’s so good about this girl?” she thought. “Jing ge ge’s six masters and that ox-nosed priest of the Quanzhen Sect all want him to marry her.” After more thinking, Huang Rong grew angry. “Let me go fight her and relieve some of my frustration,” she thought.

http://wuxiasociety.com/legend-condo...chapter-12/18/

Mu Nianci tried to dodge, but Huang Rong used the “Falling Blossom Sword Palm.” Employing the many and mysterious variations in the style, Huang Rong hit Mu Nianci twice in the ribs, causing a lot of pain.

/.../

With a menacing chortle, Huang Rong immediately attacked. She did not use the “Wandering Strides” style. Instead, she employed the martial arts taught to her by her father to get the better of Mu Nianci, whose skills were taught to her by Hong Qicong. How could Mu Nianci block?

Mu Nianci tried to flee but she couldn’t. She watched a palm rise like a sword slashing across with a roaring wind. Feeling the spear-like force, Mu Nianci twisted her body to the side to dodge, but then felt pain in her neck as Huang Rong successfully hit her with “Brushing the Orchid Blossoms from the Road.”

The palm had struck the neck vertebrae precisely where the blood vessels regulate the body, hands and feet. After being hit, Mu Nianci’s hands and feet immediately turned numb and weak.

Huang Rong then stepped forward and pressed an acupoint on Mu Nianci’s waist. Mu Nianci immediately fell over.

Huang Rong took out the dagger and laughed, before slashing at Mu Nianci’s cheeks with 10 different strikes. None of them hit — they were only one inch away from striking flesh.

Mu Nianci closed her eyes, expecting death, but to her surprise, she felt a cool air near her cheeks that didn’t hurt. When she opened her eyes, she only saw the dagger coming towards her eyes, only to see it stop next to her face.

“If you’re going to kill me, kill me,” she yelled in anger. “Why all the play and theatrics?”

“You are not my enemy, nor do I hate you,” Huang Rong said. “Why would I kill you? You just have to swear one oath, and I’ll release you.”

The HR who attacks an immobilised MNC with a knife and slashed at her face, albeit not even grazing the skin... that is HR.

She's also adorable, of course, but she can be very mean as well. She's her father's daughter...

http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrammlj4.html

New clip of Huang Rong cooking and Guo Jing learning Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms
    I like LYT's use of the kitchen knife there; you can tell if one is a cook or not by the way he/she uses the knife...

But I am not fond of Hong Qigong yet. What's with his white wig?? Can't they get a better wig for HQG?

My favourite HQG so far is Lau Dan's in 1983. Bryan Leung's 2008 ver is good, but Lau Dan's my favourite... I'm not sure if this 2017 HQG will even be a North Beggar I'm warming up to, but I'll give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Don't thank me yet, I'm still in planning on how to go about that.

As for iQiyi, I may have some connection with VIP pass. I might be able to get those VIP ep.

I'll keep you posted, regarding both the subbing plans and the VIP ep.
    thanks a lot! I'll ask my CN friend as well to help me navigating the iQIYI site for VIP reg...

http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrammlj4.ht...23ef88b085c1b6

Ep 9 with Mei Chaofeng. How come she still wears a deep red lipstick and nice hair ornaments while she lives in a cave??

It seems they have two costume designers in this series; one sane and amazing (who produces the Mongolian wardrobe and Yang Tiexin's older make up for instance), and one non-sensible (who puts lipstick on MCF in the cave and also making HQG wearing fake white hair that looks so fake...).

I can't wait to see the Mongolians again... but in between we will have YTX and BXR death (and it should be good, cos their make ups etc are very believable), and also fingers crossed Michael Miu's HYS...