Page 60 of 150 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2986

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Does wulin know how HYS got the 9 Yin manual?
    Don't think so. Otherwise, all wulin communities will go to Tao Hua Island for the manuscript, right...?

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Michael Miu duet with Felix Wong (GJ of 1983) singing "You're the Best in the World" - LOCH 1983 part 3 theme.

Surely he's going to talk about LOCH 2017 during the talk afterwards? That's at 19:30 at Jiangsu TV tomorrow (28 Jan), if G Translator doesn't fail me again...
    Wow- even this 15 seconds was awesome! )) Thanks!

And I'm watching bits of the clips you guys post here (somehow can't make myself watch the full thing!), and the best part is still for me the nostalgia of hearing the theme song.

Otherwise, GJ is not bad... actor is very good looking and sweet, but still not quite enough for me to fall for the not-so-bright lead, and HR is (at least in what I've seen) also cute but not particularly charismatic... I haven't seen Michael yet, but I'm looking forward to his scenes!

Does wulin know how HYS got the 9 Yin manual?
    I think they just assumed he got it through trickery after Wang Chongyang died, which wouldn't be far from the truth. That probably only added to his reputation.

Just wondering:
    1. Who was holding the 9 Yin manual before the Mt Hua Tournament?
    2. After GJ mastered the 9 Yin on Peach Blossom Island, what happened to the original first part and "human-skinned" second part? Were they destroyed?
    3. GJ currently have the two daggers. But it looks like the two daggers serve no purpose now. What happened to the daggers?
    4. A old question: Who teaches GJ the "no-sound" technique in his fight against MCF?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I think they just assumed he got it through trickery after Wang Chongyang died, which wouldn't be far from the truth. That probably only added to his reputation.
    That's why everyone called HR "Little Evil One". Actually, she is not evil at all up to now. To-date, she only threatened to disfigure MNC though I doubt HR will do it.

HR actually broke the arm of a servant in the Zhao Palace in ep... 7 or 8 (thanks Don Yu and Mandred for pointing this out to me). That's quite unnecessary for her to do. But yes, other than that, she didn't do anything evil at all.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

IIRC correctly the one book was internal foundation and the other book was external techniques. You needed the foundation of the first book before learning the second. I do wonder how the Quanzhen inner power cultivation verses (which Mei Chaofeng tried to get Ma Yu to explain) found their way into the book which Chen Xuanfeng stole, though - since Chen Xuanfeng's manual was the only source of Mei Chaofeng's martial arts by that time.
    I don't think it was QZ inner power, it is just that both QZ and 9 Yin follow Taoist principals so Ma Yu was able to explain the meaning of the method to MCF. If QZ methods were really in 9 Yin, then the only explanation is that WCY added a footnote to the text when he had it.

Just wondering:
    1. Who was holding the 9 Yin manual before the Mt Hua Tournament?
    2. After GJ mastered the 9 Yin on Peach Blossom Island, what happened to the original first part and "human-skinned" second part? Were they destroyed?
    3. GJ currently have the two daggers. But it looks like the two daggers serve no purpose now. What happened to the daggers?
    4. A old question: Who teaches GJ the "no-sound" technique in his fight against MCF?
    1. I always assumed Wang Chongyang found it somewhere, but offered to duel for it to avoid complications in the future.
    2. I think they were destroyed at Peach Blossom Island in front of everyone, which was why Ouyang Feng was so desperate to get Guo Jing to write it out for him - because he personally witnessed the last known existing versions destroyed before his eyes.
    3. "Guo Jing" eventually gets buried with Li Ping. I don't recall what happens to "Yang Kang".
    4. It wasn't really a technique, just that when Guo Jing was poisoned, his palm strokes lost much of the power behind them, and as such became really silent. When he realised what an advantage it was, he simply slowed and powered down his strokes to minimise the "palm winds".

1. I always assumed Wang Chongyang found it somewhere, but offered to duel for it to avoid complications in the future.
    2. I think they were destroyed at Peach Blossom Island in front of everyone, which was why Ouyang Feng was so desperate to get Guo Jing to write it out for him - because he personally witnessed the last known existing versions destroyed before his eyes.
    3. "Guo Jing" eventually gets buried with Li Ping. I don't recall what happens to "Yang Kang".
    4. It wasn't really a technique, just that when Guo Jing was poisoned, his palm strokes lost much of the power behind them, and as such became really silent. When he realised what an advantage it was, he simply slowed and powered down his strokes to minimise the "palm winds".
    Thanks once again, Ian.

They have to take the sworn brothers oath with the daggers , so it's not time to bury it yet.

The scene is prominently featured in the opening or ending clip.

How did you all think about Li Yi Tong did as HR when she encountered Mu NianCi?

Well, I suppose I wanted her to be meaner... but sans the pseudo-slashing of MNC's face, LYT's HR did almost exactly like in the novel.

I just think LYT does not maximise the portrayal of HR's cunningness, but that doesn't mean I don't like her. For me, HR's cunningness is best portrayed by Barbara Yung. Huang Rong was definitely the Little Devil with Barbara.

I have only seen the 2008 ever since, but I also don't think that Ariel Lin portrayed HR's cunningness either.

Again, this does not mean I don't like LYT's HR. I think her HR is cute. She has the cute tricks with her. But the cunningness and borderline-mean trickeries are not in her. Hence, when William Yang's GJ objected the title "Little Devil" that his teachers gave HR, GJ's objection was rather sound. On the contrary, when Felix Wong's Kwok Ching objected about this title, his objection held very little ground, for Wong Yung was really borderline mean in LOCH 1983.

Ian, when you talked about #4, has that happened in this series? I don't recall GJ poisoned yet here. Were you talking about when GJ was stabbed by Yang Kang?

Also, a question. In the novel, what was the reason for Qiu Chuji not telling Yang Kang that YK was the son of YTX, a Song, instead of the birth son of the Jin WYHL? The 2008 ver gave a good reason for that (one of the things I like about 2008 ver), but I don't recall a good reason for that in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Ian, when you talked about #4, has that happened in this series? I don't recall GJ poisoned yet here. Were you talking about when GJ was stabbed by Yang Kang?

Also, a question. In the novel, what was the reason for Qiu Chuji not telling Yang Kang that YK was the son of YTX, a Song, instead of the birth son of the Jin WYHL? The 2008 ver gave a good reason for that (one of the things I like about 2008 ver), but I don't recall a good reason for that in 1983.
    Hi IP, Ian is correct. The "no-sound" technique was used in the first fight against MCF. HR was smart that MCF depends on sound to detect the enemy. So, she shouted to GJ to use the "no-sound" palm to attack MCF. Of course, the important question to ask is how she know that GJ was "poisoned". He was scratched by MCF's fingers earlier.

May I know what was the question given in 2008 version?

In 2008 version wyhl fought with the priest and had bet, and wyhl won using some strategy or mind games.

Wyhl also played some mind games with ytx to give up his wife, basically broke ytx spirit.

2008 is nice if ur looking for something that's doesn't follow novel 100. Gives more characters depths and finally gives proper ending battle with the Greats the previous adaptions didn't do.

Hu ge hair style changes for better in around ep 40, and have better clothing. Felt more like hr groomed him to look like hys.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Because she knew that her claws contained poison? Well, in the novel and previous versions, GJ became dizzy/collapsed and/or shouted,"I'm poisoned". The poison of MCF was quite lethal, and if it wasnt because GJ had drank the snake blood, he would've died and not just became dizzy.
    GJ did lose the next few fights against MCF later. Well, being supposedly a dim-witted person, if I were GJ and HR shouted to me to use the "no-sound" palm, I will definitely wonder/ask back : "What's the hell is that?".

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:08 AM.

Up to this point I kind of withdraw from this drama bc I don't think it will get any better to me, I think they might have followed the book too closely. Maybe I would watch bc of the new GJ? All the other characters don't really grow on me. I would prefer storyline to change when it comes to movies/dramas bc reading is totally a whole different world. You can read a description but you cannot really act out some descriptions, only the action scenes are always possible to act out. Loch 08 might have altered the storyline but by doing that, it was able to captivate everyone's characters more neatly and convincingly. It made each episodes interesting, even though we all know the old and usual storyline that GJ meets a beggar HR, then she turns into a beautiful girl, then they meet Qigong through cooking, and then made him teach GJ martial arts...etc.... they were still interesting to watch in 08 as if it's something new while I feel that 2017 is just doing its best to show all those scenes we expect, but the flow of the storyline isn't well enough, and a bit unengaging.

It's hard to blame that LYT isn't fierce enough as HR because the storyline didn't really give her that chance. Ariel lin was able to meddle herself into the affair of Yang's personal family, doing that she proves her protectiveness towards JGG when YK is rude, and also shows her caringness by taking JGG own problem as her own too. She even learns to tolerate YK, but also gets to show fierceness by being mean back to YK. With the little twist of that scene, all her personalities came out with that one opportunity. With LYT, who can she show fierceness to? There were much less interactions between GJ, HR, YK, MNC altogether so there was no chance. The changes in 08 wasn't really made for no reasons, giving characters the opportunity to interact alot is just interesting and fun! HR talks to the dead Yang tie xin and Bao xiruo was cute and innocent. 2017 people were too scattered, so their friendships didn't feel as strong. Ariel lin didn't have to fight Liu shishi to prove her fierceness bc she was already very very consistent in being so easy to offend. LYT is quite inconsistent that she rarely gets mad, even a Jang Nara as Situ Jin character was much closer to the real Huang Rong's mad temper, LYT really lack sassiness alot, although I don't like girls who act like that, it's just the character of HR. Even towards OYK, she doesn't show him a mad face and temper but smiling playful trickeries, so if she's suddenly all mad at MNC, it feels as if she's not a fierce person by nature but just a person who is mad at people suspicious to steal GJ away. And that is the storyline fault but not LYT though. 2017 probably got the storyline straight but miss out big on the personalities. Like, even if HR must turn nice I want her as her own consistent personality too, not like a nice person being forced into cruelty because of a storyline. So I'd rather have some storyline changes, of course not to the point like YZ swordsman, but just some reasonable changes to bring out a person's true personality no matter what that personality is, it's still special when it's brought out nice and convincingly.

GJ did lose the next few fights against MCF later. Well, being supposedly a dim-witted person, if I were GJ and HR shouted to me to use the "no-sound" palm, I will definitely wonder/ask back : "What's the hell is that?".

LOL! Thanks guys for the explanation. I just re-watched ep 16 and understood what you guys meant now...

And yeah, GJ asking back would be funny!!