Page 61 of 150 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2986

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Can anyone translate these words for us non Chinese readers?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/3gofQN7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/DTSxbYD.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/aGm9ONC.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/R0R2gZi.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/m0B5FBt.jpg')

It's quotes from the novel.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    It's quotes from the novel.
    Oooh, thanks a lot!

By now I'm used to seeing Mei Chaofeng in a hoodie :-D They're really determined to have her wear plenty of things on her head.

Faithfulness to source material is a big plus for me, so I've been enjoying the series a lot. But if it sticks close to the novel, aren't 52 episodes too many? 40 or 42 should do it, like in the 1994 and 2003 versions. There may be lots of filler scenes ahead, like that one with Mu Nianci in a wedding dress, and others.

Leorio, I think you're right. There will be some fillers, some we like, some we won't like. I think I will like the YK/MNC wedding, but I'm not sure I will like the part where YK and GJ knelt together in the forest as sworn brothers. We have seen a photo of YK dressed as a Song yielding a spear, so it's likely 2017 will borrow some of 2008's YK redemption thing.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/1FMCKXi.jpg')
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-31-17 at 08:10 AM. Reason: adding the YK photo

A new schedule for Feb is here!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/LmjxOs6.jpg')

iQIYI VIPs will be able to see the episodes faster, apparently, so it's not just a one-off...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    LOL! Thanks guys for the explanation. I just re-watched ep 16 and understood what you guys meant now...

And yeah, GJ asking back would be funny!!
    So, can this be regarded as a blooper for this series? LOL.

Hopefully, there will be more Mongolian war scenes. I remember that in the past, when GJ went back to Mongolia, he will be sent immediately to "crash" some uprising. And in the next scene, he is back victorious. Hope that there will be some action with thousands of soldiers. Genghis Khan's fight against his anda is good. It will be better if more soldiers are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Up to this point I kind of withdraw from this drama bc I don't think it will get any better to me, I think they might have followed the book too closely. Maybe I would watch bc of the new GJ? All the other characters don't really grow on me. I would prefer storyline to change when it comes to movies/dramas bc reading is totally a whole different world. You can read a description but you cannot really act out some descriptions, only the action scenes are always possible to act out. Loch 08 might have altered the storyline but by doing that, it was able to captivate everyone's characters more neatly and convincingly. It made each episodes interesting, even though we all know the old and usual storyline that GJ meets a beggar HR, then she turns into a beautiful girl, then they meet Qigong through cooking, and then made him teach GJ martial arts...etc.... they were still interesting to watch in 08 as if it's something new while I feel that 2017 is just doing its best to show all those scenes we expect, but the flow of the storyline isn't well enough, and a bit unengaging.
    Maybe I'm on the other side (hope that I'm not the *only one*) since the main reason why I really enjoy this 2017 version is that they follow faithfully to the original story. You know hardly we find an adaptation like that nowadays...
    It just like... I used to read the novel when I was a child and imagined how the scene would be..., then everytime they bring the book to the screen, I've never seen my favorite scene because they had changed it totally.
    I was so appreciated that LOCH 2017 kept the storyline same as we have read in the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Maybe I'm on the other side (hope that I'm not the *only one*) since the main reason why I really enjoy this 2017 version is that they follow faithfully to the original story. You know hardly we find an adaptation like that nowadays...
    It just like... I used to read the novel when I was a child and imagined how the scene would be..., then everytime they bring the book to the screen, I've never seen my favorite scene because they had changed it totally.
    I was so appreciated that LOCH 2017 kept the storyline same as we have read in the novel.
    Yeah this is without a doubt my favorite Chinese Wuxia in years. I love pretty much EVERYTHING about this show!

The cast is great, the story is faithful (as you said), the tempo/pacing is good, the directing is incredible!

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I understand, since I share the same feeling for Return of the Condor Heroes . ROCH is my favourite novel, and I have several favourite parts that I really want to be portrayed correctly on screen. Eventhough the 83 version is my favourite, but I felt kinda disappointed in the beginning, coz my fave parts were omitted / changed. Even the 95 version couldn't portray them satisfyingly, eventhough it followed the novel closely.

I think Leorio was right too, there should be fillers. I'm okay with them exploring HZ-GJ-HR. I've always wanted HR to know that GJ was enganged before he proposed to her, but the fact was otherwise. It's okay actually, considering that he truly loved her and because it was unplanned. But, I prefer him to tell her first, before proposing.
    OT: If DGSD has followed the novel, then DY will have another wife = Xixia Princess's maid/servant. If you ask me, I am not sure whether this is important or not.

Have GJ proposed to HR? I can't remember this part. At the end of Ep 16, GJ just noted that he will visit HR at Peach Blossom Island in one month's time.

I suppose it's okay for me for YK to really considering embracing his Song heritage. I just don't want him to be wishy-washy like in the 2008 version. You cross to the other camp, then you don't like it for whatever reasons, then get back to the original camp.

Michael Miu's YK denounced his riches for a few days, starting from the day he returned from the Ox Village until he was visited by the Jin Emperor in his shack. Afterwards, despite me crying (for I really wanted Michael's YK to be good), YK just steadfastly sided with the Jins. I am not saying I'm happy with his decision; but at least he made one turn, then made another turn... and wasn't wishy washy about it...

But of course his redemption came as a good closure at the end, and I welcome it.

----------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I suppose it's okay for me for YK to really considering embracing his Song heritage. I just don't want him to be wishy-washy like in the 2008 version. You cross to the other camp, then you don't like it for whatever reasons, then get back to the original camp.

Michael Miu's YK denounced his riches for a few days, starting from the day he returned from the Ox Village until he was visited by the Jin Emperor in his shack. Afterwards, despite me crying (for I really wanted Michael's YK to be good), YK just steadfastly sided with the Jins. I am not saying I'm happy with his decision; but at least he made one turn, then made another turn... and wasn't wishy washy about it...

But of course his redemption came as a good closure at the end, and I welcome it.
    In the past, I always hoped that:
    1. GJ will marry HZ too since it is more or less a promise/agreement
    2. "YK" is actually a female.

Nowadays, I hope that HR will be a very great fighter (at least on par with GJ) for she has the highest potential in LOCH.

In the future, I wlll you know when I am still alive in the future LOCH 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Actually, all of JY heroes have a lot of girls that fall in love with them *lol*. Lucky them.
    In LOCH, HR has two suitors. Yang Ma Ma is also loved greatly by two men.
    OT: Which female is the luckiest? Madam Ma in DGSD? Only XF rejected her.

Iqiyi produced another clip at the placeholder button for ep18 trailer

don't watch it ... it's 4 minutes and all rehashed old scenes , no new footage

yeah, i tot it was ep 18 trailer... but no... it was the compilation of old scenes... Good for those who haven't followed up the series so far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    In the past, I always hoped that:
    1. GJ will marry HZ too since it is more or less a promise/agreement
    2. "YK" is actually a female.

Nowadays, I hope that HR will be a very great fighter (at least on par with GJ) for she has the highest potential in LOCH.

In the future, I wlll you know when I am still alive in the future LOCH 2030.
    LOCH 2030??? I hope they have improved their fighting skills by then, and not relying on CGIs anymore...

Actually, I hope they don't make a remake anymore until, yes, 2030, or at least 2027... that's a scary thing to see 202X and 203X numbers there, actually...