Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Is Gj and HR going to sing the opening theme when LOCH2017 play in TVB? Can they sing in Cantonese? The Mandarin version is not very nice. I think it is because the Chinese pronunciation does not rhyme as well as the Cantonese one.
    Thanks a lot for this, Wkeej. I agree that the Cantonese version is better than the Mandarin ver, and yes, I think it's because of the rhyme, and perhaps because me (as other veterans) are so used to the Cantonese version...

I hope they'll sing it in Cantonese this time.

Btw, here's Michael Miu singing the first two OSTs of LOCH 1983 with Sharon Yeung (Mu Nianci 1983). I think Michael has quite a good voice (but of course, I'm biased).

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    由翡翠台五月八日起逢星期一至五晚上八時三十分播映。大家記得准时收看.
    Weibo written it is going to air on 8th of May.

IP, thanks for the MV and also all the updates. I have been following your site for a very long time and had already forgotten since when I started visiting your site *LOL*
    Thanks again, CBWarm! Very pleased to know I have something to wait in this coming May...

And also thanks to your thumbs up to my site!

Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    Wow Father and Daughter talking to each other !!
    LOL! That's what I was thinking too!

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    Icha do you happen to have the translation of the other LOCH83 songs? Would love to see it.
    Hi Blurry, I only have OST 3 (You're the Best in the World) and OST 1 (Iron Blood, Loyal Heart) translations at the moment. Here's for OST 1:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.co...loch-1983.html

But I'm working on Part 2 as well, hopefully I can post it next week. The only other source I've seen for Part 2 is this one:
    http://s178234405.onlinehome.us/tvbjy/loch_en.htm

but since I think the translation can be considerably improved, I'll give it a go to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Thanks, CBWarm! I also didnt remember where that scene came from . I thought that it was a BTS of YXW peeping a shooting or something
    @wkeej @luna You're welcome. Haha... it was a BTS of YXW peeping in shorts.

Is GJ and HR going to sing the opening theme when LOCH2017 play in TVB? Can they sing in Cantonese? The Mandarin version is not very nice. I think it is because the Chinese pronunciation does not rhyme as well as the Cantonese one.
    I agree that the Cantonese version is better. I am looking forward to this as well but probably not LYT and YXW sing when LOCH 2017 air in TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Thanks a lot for this, Wkeej. I agree that the Cantonese version is better than the Mandarin ver, and yes, I think it's because of the rhyme, and perhaps because me (as other veterans) are so used to the Cantonese version...

I hope they'll sing it in Cantonese this time.

Btw, here's Michael Miu singing the first two OSTs of LOCH 1983 with Sharon Yeung (Mu Nianci 1983). I think Michael has quite a good voice (but of course, I'm biased).

No, you are not biased. Michael has a good and nice voice. :-)
    Btw, ant idea whether LOCH2017 will be dubbed in Cantonese when shown on TVB?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I remember that scene. Being a fan of the White Camel Mountain maidens (and Huang Rong, who looked too sweet and gentle to ever take a life), I was rather upset to see how Huang Rong actually killed one of them with the needles before the fight even started (maybe conscious of the fact that she was beaten by the girls when they teamed up the last time). I keep telling myself that Ouyang Ke deflected the needles into her, but it really looked like she took the needles and just threw them at the girl who wasn't even attacking yet.

The scene also lost a girl somewhere. There were four, but after Huang Rong took out one of them, there were only two left, which made it really easy for Huang Rong to beat them. There were two girls lying on the floor, though, so maybe Guo Jing killed (hopefully knocked out) one when he entered, but the scene was cut or something.
    That scene certainly lost a girl somewhere. I also remember that there were four of them when they hung HY up and later HR took out one of them with the needles. HR then exchanged a few stances with 2 remaining maidens. In that scene, I remember GJ only fought with OYK. Could it be HY took out two maidens instead of one?

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:58 AM.

If it is dubbed in Cantonese, then will they change the dubbers? I really like the current dubber of GJ. He really sounded like an innocent young man
    Unless the current dubber is conversant in both Mandarin and Cantonese. Anyway, will we have access to LOCH2017 in TVB?

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    That scene certainly lost a girl somewhere. I also remember that there were four of them when they hung HY up and later HR took out one of them with the needles. HR then exchanged a few stances with 2 remaining maidens. In that scene, I remember GJ only fought with OYK. Could it be HY took out two maidens instead of one?
    I don't think so. The second girl lying on the floor was at a different area, closer to where the girls were standing before Guo Jing barged in, which led me to believe that he knocked one of them out off screen before reaching Huang Rong. You only see her during the fight in the background or foreground, and it's obviously not the same spot where the needled girl was lying, which indicates that it's not the same girl. Or maybe it was just poor scene setup which saw the girl lying at a different spot from different angles, and it was meant to be the same poor girl who Huang Rong needled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I don't think so. The second girl lying on the floor was at a different area, closer to where the girls were standing before Guo Jing barged in, which led me to believe that he knocked one of them out off screen before reaching Huang Rong. You only see her during the fight in the background or foreground, and it's obviously not the same spot where the needled girl was lying, which indicates that it's not the same girl. Or maybe it was just poor scene setup which saw the girl lying at a different spot from different angles, and it was meant to be the same poor girl who Huang Rong needled.
    That make sense when GJ entered, he might have knocked out one of the girl which also explain why she was nowhere to be seen later on. Maybe the poor girl who HR needled did moved a bit to provide more space for GJ and OYK when they were fighting.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc20ol91j20qo0qotet.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc21l1yoj20zk0qojxo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc22k4r5j20zk0qoag2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc23rknbj20qo0zkth2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc25xe5kj20qo0zkgsz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc276715j20qo0zkqf6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc28iczvj20zk0qodn4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc29shw7j20qo0zk7f2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/80e23a77gy1femc2awuopj20qo0zkwnk.jpg')

@CBWarm, nice photos. Looks like they are taken at the end of the series?
    Find MNC a bit funny and thin?

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:58 AM.

If you search "li yi tong" on Google now, 李一桐 will show up first instead of that Chinese Idol singer.

@CBWarm, thanks for the pics! That bald villain with the cute ribbon took pictures with everyone, hahaha. And MCF looked scary with bloody hands (I wonder from that scene that was from ? )
    Haha - I love the way you describe Sha Tongtian. I must admit, though, that throughout the entire serial I found it hard to take him seriously as a villain - he was just so lovable. His best scenes were those between him and Yang Kang, Wanyan Honglie and even Mu Nianci, when he was talking like a friend or an uncle might. It was hard to detect even an iota of villanous malice or evil in him, and at worst he was a bungling, clueless henchman. Same could be said for Hou Tonghai - only Peng Lianhu really looked like the evil villain he should have been. Even Liang Ziweng and Lingzhi Shangren didn't look particularly mean.

Maybe it helps that they became nothing more than cannon fodder less than a quarter into the story....

This version's Sha Tongtian looks like that favorite uncle who buys you all your favorite food, then buy more of it.

@CBWarm, nice photos. Looks like they are taken at the end of the series?
    Find MNC a bit funny and thin?
    Guess that they were taken progressively by cute Sha Tongtian.

@CBWarm, thanks for the pics! That bald villain with the cute ribbon took pictures with everyone, hahaha. And MCF looked scary with bloody hands (I wonder from that scene that was from ? )
    *LOL* bald villain with the cute ribbon... that reminds of a pic shared somewhere at the beginning of this thread alongside with a cute toddler. I can't recall from which scene MCF with bloody hands, perhaps somewhere when she was imprisoned by Wanyan Honglie?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    If you search "li yi tong" on Google now, 李一桐 will show up first instead of that Chinese Idol singer.
    Chinese Idol singer "Li Yitong" 李艺彤 is it? 李一桐 surely is gaining popularity.

LOCH2017 celebration event:

Last edited by CBWarm; 04-27-17 at 08:46 AM.

click on the right , there is a 720p version by another uploader professional media

Wonder if this will ever get subbed