Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I would give ROCH 2014 a skip if I was you. It was ruined the moment they announced who was going to play XLN.

Glad your 12 year old enjoyed LOCH. Perhaps there is still hope for the genre.
    Somehow I never liked the HR of any ROCH purely because of her character. The teenage HR is a more likeable character. She went through so much to be with GJ but yet she did her best to break up YG and XLN. I guess that's why GX ended up to be a nun...retribution?

I would give ROCH 2014 a skip if I was you. It was ruined the moment they announced who was going to play XLN.

Glad your 12 year old enjoyed LOCH. Perhaps there is still hope for the genre.
    I actually love Michelle Chen a lot, and have some of her albums, but yes, I don't think she looks suitable for the role either. She would have been a cute Guo Xiang, perhaps. Maybe I'll skim through some of my favourite scenes on Youtube and see, but I was really shocked when someone I thought was Yinggu appeared and killed Hong Qigong out of nowhere, and Ouyang Feng goes into all kinds of flashbacks with his romance story..... definitely not one I'll watch from start to end.

OT: At least I watched the first 2 episodes. On the other hand, I also watched the last two episodes on Youtube recently. That's how I found out that an actor from Singapore (Christopher Lee) acted as HYS. Lee is a different actor from Tay Peng Hui who acted as Genghis Khan in this LOCH2017.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Interestingly, she also thought that it was difficult for her to marry GJ before, so why should she made things hard for YG-XLN ? Then she thought again that the mater was different this time, since YG-XLN were real teacher-student who couldn't be married.
    Oh I didn't know that she felt that it was difficult to marry GJ. Well cant blame her cz its not easy to marry someone like GJ when HR is so smart and lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Hi Blurry, I haven't finished uploading my highlights of each episode, but my comments to Ep 1-38 are here:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.co...017%20episodes

And this is the link to my LOCH 2017 posts in general:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.co...el/LOCH%202017

thanks!
    Thanks for sharing Icha. Glad I found this forum that shares so much LOCH 2017 information.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
    Oh I didn't know that she felt that it was difficult to marry GJ. Well cant blame her cz its not easy to marry someone like GJ when HR is so smart and lively.
    It's not because of their personalities, it was difficult because she was considered a "little demoness" and he was this good and upright young man, so everyone was initially against the match.

Coming to TVB 5/8.

Since it'll be in Cantonese, I wonder if they'll use the original vocal version of the theme.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-11-22 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    My 12-year old son just finished LOCH 17, and was curious as to what happens to Ouyang Feng. I told him the story, and he really wanted to watch it, and so I had to dig out some older versions. Not being able to find ROCH 2006 in my DVD cabinet, I tested out ROCH 14 - which, other than casting Zong Feiyan as Ouyang Feng when he was Wanyan Honglie in LOCH 2017, actually handled that exchange with H7G rather well - until some woman got added into the plot and ruined the entire scene. I then turned to ROCH 96, and thankfully that worked rather well, although my son was disappointed that all the characters looked different. Which brings me to my point...

I really, really hope that they can make ROCH with the same cast as LOCH 2017. Part of what made ROCH 84 and ROCH 96 so enjoyable was the recycled supporting cast from their preceding LOCHs. You could cast pretty much everyone againt - you could even cast Cheng Xing Xu as Yang Guo and he'd do a stellar job. Yang Xuwen and Li Yitong would be more than capable of handling an older Guo Jing and Huang Rong too, although if there are doubts you could always cast Guo Xiaotian and Feng Heng from LOCH 2017 in those roles, and they'd look excellent too.

It would be such a shame if the next ROCH that comes doesn't continue from this one... I haven't watched ROCH 14 at all, but having browsed through Youtube for that OYF vs H7G scene, I really don't like it at all...
    This is very heart-warming! I do want the next ROCH to continue from this cast. I would bear the suffering of watching Yang Guo and XLN (sorry that I'm not a fan of this pair) to be able to watch the other cast here (of course Michael Miu and the guy who played Ouyang Feng will be my most anticipated actors).

What do you think of recasting Liu Zhiyang (OYK) as an important character in ROCH? I actually think he can take Yang Guo into an interesting character for me...

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Coming to TVB 5/8.

Since it'll be in Cantonese, I wonder if they'll use the original vocal version of the theme.

Ahhhhh!!!!

I repeat:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Will Michael and Ray talk in Cantonese here? Will they not be dubbed??

OMG, be still, my beating heart...

Oh I hope they have the original Roman Tam & Jenny Tseng version...

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Laoxie View Post
    Thanks for sharing Icha. Glad I found this forum that shares so much LOCH 2017 information.
    No worries, Old Heretic! ^_^

Speaking of which, I'm uploading my HYS MV to YouTube now. I'm using the HYS vs Quanzhen and HYS vs GJ fight scenes.

I've uploaded my Huang Yaoshi MV, but somehow I keep getting an error message when trying it here. I hope it's just a glitch, not them banning me...

This is the link:

http://youtu.be/c8iV1Qe1oI4

and I'll check again in the morning...

Last edited by Icha Parvati; 04-23-17 at 09:29 AM.

I've uploaded my Huang Yaoshi MV, but somehow I keep getting an error message when trying it here. I hope it's just a glitch, not them banning me...

This is the link:

I can watch it from the youtube link you shared. Thanks for translating the lyrics Icha. The song is so much more meaningful to me now

Thanks, Old Heretic :-D

It's weird, I keep getting the error message... Can you view it from the embedded one?

I also put it on Vimeo, just in case:

This is the link:

AH! Okay, got it. I typed an extra space after "youtube;" which rendered the embedding useless. Now it should work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rong'er View Post
    Thanks for sharing your blog Icha. Your comments and description gives me fresh ideas for my new fanfiction project as well. Keep up the good job!
    Hi Rong'er, sorry for the late reply...

I've visited your fanfic site. I'm not a fan of Yang Guo... perhaps because of XLN ^_^ Since you pair him with

click to show/hide spoilers
    Guo Xiang instead of XLN

I take it as a fresh change, and I welcome it ^_^

I know it's ROCH, but can anyone enlighten me whether it's true that Jin Yong once planned

Guo Xiang instead of XLN as Yang Guo's spouse? That'll be a good thing IMO...

I've visited your fanfic site. I'm not a fan of Yang Guo... perhaps because of XLN ^_^ Since you pair him with

Guo Xiang instead of XLN

I know it's ROCH, but can anyone enlighten me whether it's true that Jin Yong once planned

I like to idea of pairing

Yang Guo and Guo Xiang too. It would make the whole ROCH more interesting.

Guo Xiang instead of XLN

Hey Icha, I have stopped working on the fanfic. Find it really challenging and I don't have the talent to carry on

According to the YouTube link Mandred shared previously, JY did plan to pair YG and GX but upon hearing news about this, readers strongly disapproved the idea thus JY ended up to pairing YG with XLN instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rong'er View Post
    Hey Icha, I have stopped working on the fanfic. Find it really challenging and I don't have the talent to carry on

According to the YouTube link Mandred shared previously, JY did plan to pair YG and GX but upon hearing news about this, readers strongly disapproved the idea thus JY ended up to pairing YG with XLN instead.
    Rong'er if its okay with you i would like to give this fanfiction a try