Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 2986

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Taiwan promo clip 2

Taiwan promo clip 3: 5 Greats.

Taiwan promo clip 4

Taiwan promo clip 5

Taiwan promo clip 6

I don't get it. This is a show with a TONS of fast Martial arts action that's awesome. Yet they keep using slow-mo fighting gestures in all of the promos instead of showcasing how AMAZING the fight sequences are.

Times have changed, back in the days, it's fast-paced Kung Fu that will instantly grab my attention not slow-mo style points!

Also, Huang Rong isn't featured much either, so much of her dialog is cute and adorable, she is great to not feature more. LAME!

And it's going to be converted to 3D?
    Last edited by Don Yu; 10-04-17 at 11:20 PM.

I used to watch every remake of the classics that come out...but I can't get over the face of the main female lead in this version. From what I've caught, she has the over cutesy look that's popular these days...too small shaped face, pouty pursed lips and big round puppy eyes. I feel like these should all be really cute together but they just don't work for me here...and then the other girl, Mu Nianci can be described as having the exact same features that I've listed above. I did like how Li Yitong (it's her, right?) looked in Demon Girl though...even though that show also didn't really make sense to me...but I wasn't bothered by her face at all (actually, I watched a lot of it just cause she was so cute).

I'm seriously just too old for "idol ish" remakes. Or...did I just not ever notice that Huang Rong was an obnoxious character that likes to smile in all of her fight scenes? I feel kinda bad though because I really want to enjoy this version (like all versions).
    I like me.

Li Yitong is the best Huang Rong!!! I've ever seen....so witty, smart, loving, and cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qazqazqaz View Post
    Li Yitong is the best Huang Rong!!! I've ever seen....so witty, smart, loving, and cute!!!
    AGREED with this!!!

Where are more shows like this at? See none, sadly!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    I don't get it. This is a show with a TONS of fast Martial arts action that's awesome. Yet they keep using slow-mo fighting gestures in all of the promos instead of showcasing how AMAZING the fight sequences are.

Times have changed, back in the days, it's fast-paced Kung Fu that will instantly grab my attention not slow-mo style points!

Also, Huang Rong isn't featured much either, so much of her dialog is cute and adorable, she is great to not feature more. LAME!

And it's going to be converted to 3D?
    There isn't much featured on HR, maybe the audience recognised YXW more as the same TV channel "Chung T'ien Television" is also showing Legend of Chusen which starred YXW as Qing Long.

New sub-theme for Taiwan version (不像話) LOL... what a name.

The Japan promo clip had just came out as well.

i prefer the taiwan version than the japan promo clip

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    According to info, LOCH2017 had released to these regions and countries including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, South Korea with some countries still broadcasting, soon to be or had wrapped up.

Taiwan will broadcast somewhere around at the end of October.

It was mentioned that in Japan, the DVD's will be only available in the month of November.
    according to wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le...017_TV_series)

indonesia and australia would broadcast too

@a_tumiwa, thanks for the info but haven't heard or seen any news yet for Indonesia and Australia. Maybe it had shown in Australia through TVB pay channel.

I am going to comment on Guo Jing.

I have first watched the version with Athena Chu (1994). That time I have not known any of Jin Yong's works.
    Though I watched two episodes only during a repeat telecast, it was enough to get me and my brother (who was not good in chinese) hooked.

Then when I went to Taiwan in 2000, I searched all stores for the drama on DVD before finding it selling in one at a steep price.

I watched the one with Ariel Lin in 2008. The problem with that is that Guo Jing's only kept using the XL18 move. And the fact that the ending was changed....

Watching this one, I'm disappointed at how lousy Guo Jing's martial arts is. Watched till episode 38 currently.
    His XL18 moves are so weak. Every time they mention that he leveled up, his moves did not impressed me.

I'm not sure of the original story but I thought I remembered Yang Kang also disguising himself to get into the Beggar Sect. It did not happen in the 2017 version. Also felt 2017 Yang Kang was quite wishy washy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrainsky View Post

Watching this one, I'm disappointed at how lousy Guo Jing's martial arts is. Watched till episode 38 currently.
    His XL18 moves are so weak. Every time they mention that he leveled up, his moves did not impressed me.

I'm not sure of the original story but I thought I remembered Yang Kang also disguising himself to get into the Beggar Sect. It did not happen in the 2017 version. Also felt 2017 Yang Kang was quite wishy washy.
    yes, the 2017 version does not have Dragon image special effect like usual.

as far as i know , Yang Kang did appear when beggar's sect big meeting and nearly be elected as beggar sect leader.
    he even fighting with GJ and exchanging palms in 2017 version

You can watch this series with English subtitle here. https://ondramanice.io/

Thanks for sharing, @wkeej.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrainsky View Post
    I actually like the way how LOCH 2017 presented their martial arts. The producer had mentioned that this version focused more on, hand on hand combat with minor special effects. I enjoyed it very much till now... LOL, haven't really enjoyed this much of a wuxia series for many years already.

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    Thanks for sharing, @wkeej.

I actually like the way how LOCH 2017 presented their martial arts. The producer had mentioned that this version focused more on, hand on hand combat with minor special effects. I enjoyed it very much till now... LOL, haven't really enjoyed this much of a wuxia series for many years already.

I think I liked the presentation of martial arts in Return of the Condor Heroes with Liu Yi Fei more.
    I am okay with them using minor effects especially since I liked the LOCH 1994 version.
    The LOCH 2008 had me bored with the repetitive XL18 effects.
    The problem for LOCH 2017 was how they presented the degree of power that made me unhappy.

XL18 is supposed to be quite powerful but when Guo JIng used it in LOCH 2017, it was only good for making a wind.
    Even those who got hit by it was like not much damage.

I know Yang Kang appeared to try to take the beggar sect. It's just that I thought he was supposed to disguse as a beggar in order to get in. He did not in LOCH 2017. Since I only watched three LOCH, I am not sure what is Jin Yong's original version.
    Last edited by sunrainsky; 10-16-17 at 02:05 AM.

I wonder if there are any new LOCH2017 songs (in Chinese) to-date?