Page 28 of 150 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    The horses look fake on more viewings...
    Oh no, they are real horses... poor guys... the legs were tied so that they fell like that... can they break their necks? Surely they can? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers

Wasnt it because Duan Tiande was affraid of Qiu Jianjie, so he used her as a hostage?
    I kinda forgot how she got away ..rather sleepy I guess *lol* But yeah, I love her scene after delivering her baby. This drama made good dramatic moments. I hope we can have more touching moments in the future
    I think

click to show/hide spoilers
    yeah, either DTD was afraid about Qiu Chuji, thus he kept Li Ping hostage... I suppose Li Ping got away, but if she got away, how come she was with a bunch of Song soldiers?

I need to read the novel again to remember.

LOl that hair appears similar to Felix hair in the 83 version lol. It bugged me back then too, I always thought even as a child , why can't they make his hair better, and why is it so short compared to the others? lol. Flying daggers had its good and bad momments lol, at least it moves fast and they know when to stop with the long ars episode!

But I am looking forward to watch this series in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Oh no, they are real horses... poor guys... the legs were tied so that they fell like that... can they break their necks? Surely they can? :-(
    Those horses are special stunt horses to cope with the shock for "forced somersaults"

gosh.... thanks for the info... But i will still close my eyes when the horses fall...

Btw, Shediao weibo has the GIF of GJ shooting two eagles... THAT horse looks fake... also the eagles, they look computer-generated...

http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rr9xfwrg.html

Yep, in the ep 3 preview, where GJ shot the eagle, his horse was definitely CGI.

I like his stance better than Hu Ge's 2008 stance... but still prefer Felix's jumping stance shot from below...

So who really knows what's going on with all the songs for this show? They now don't seem to talk about those whatsoever at all.

beats me...

What's the odds of them commissioning another person right now to make a speedy song for the final episodes?

Shouldn't all episodes be done with editing right now? But if not yet, it's possible to insert at least a new vocalised song for the last 1/3 of the series?

It will look like damage control, which it is. Wonder why they didn't hire the composer of the Langya Bang OST that Liu Tao sang... the Aging of a Beauty? That was a gorgeous song that befits the period...

I'm not complaining about the instrumental pieces in the series. I think the composer(s) made a good job about the instrumental fill-in musics (is there a term for that?). But for the vocalised piece, that's a serious problem...

Or does the series have two teams of composers at least? One for the instrumentals and the other one for the songs/vocalised piece? And while the instrumental team is doing a great job so far, the vocalised team is just scrambling to do damage control?
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-10-17 at 02:25 AM.

Don Yu or anyone, do you remember whether the instrumentalised 1983 OST already resurfaced before the Press Conference? I seem to remember that it was after the press conference; but I don't think they could make that piece that quickly.

My take is that sometime before the Press Conference the producers already felt the vocalised songs won't work as opening or ending themes, hence they've commissioned the team (or another team) to make the instrumental pieces.

The songs still appeared in the PC cos, well, someone's gotta sing... But all the while, they're still fixing up the opening theme and ending theme. Once they receive indications from the audience that the songs were not well-received, they move to put the instrumental pieces (which were already finished, along with the MVs) as the OT and ET.

My two cents.

The songs aren't bad, just not fitting like Romance Of Condor Heroes 'Vastness' is. I wouldn't mind any of them come out with a MV.

And the song to Trailer #2 still good enough to be FULL "Love theme", if that's specifically sung for this show.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:21 PM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Just watched ep 1-2. Good points, so far relatively faithful to the novel, the horse-archery duel was well done and production values seem good (so far).

Bad points, the fight scenes. Would someone please tell Mainland choreographers that there is more to making a good fight scene than close cuts, fast cuts and dancing. Has Ching Siu-tung retired? If so can someone bring him out of retirement and get him to teach people how to do decent wire-fu.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:21 PM.

^_^ I guess Mandred and I come from a different era... Dunno how old Mandred is, but I definitely was almost a teenager when LOCH 1983 was released. So we are accustomed to more real fights than wire-fu...

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    For me, the fighting scene is very good for recent wuxias. After too many overdone romance in wuxia's/xanxia's disguise while selling idols instead of story, with CGI-based fights or people just posing (and let the special effect do the rest), then this drama is a lot better.

Well, I'll just see how things go. It's only episode 2 .
    No disrespect but what? That fight scene at the monastery was atrocious, full of close ups and slow-mo. To borrow from Tsui Hark, in an action piece the fighting is the spirit and if these early scenes are anything to go by then this series looks to be very draggy. But as you said, there's only been 2 eps, so maybe it will pick up and I do agree that they seem to be restraining the CGI which is a relief.

^_^ I guess Mandred and I come from a different era... Dunno how old Mandred is, but I definitely was almost a teenager when LOCH 1983 was released. So we are accustomed to more real fights than wire-fu...
    I was born in 1980 so am a bit younger than you. We were really spoilt growing up in the golden age of Hong Kong action cinema and TV.

Ah, good old Tsui Hark...

Who was the fighting choreographer of LOCH 1983? He would work with good old Johnnie To. Those were indeed the golden days...

Who was the fighting choreographer of LOCH 1983? He would work with good old Johnnie To. Those were indeed the golden days...
    That would be Tony Ching Siu Dung.