Page 19 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

What the hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Good post, Riverlake.
    1. Who did HR lie to? I only remember to OYF - but again it is more for protection of herself and others.
    Her most damaging lies were to Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu, and is in fact largely responsible for their tragedy. In the original, she lied to Hong Qigong about Guo Jing, to get him to teach him, lied to Mu Nianci about Yang Kang to encourage their relationship, and also to Ouyang Ke, so as to trap him beneath a rock. I'm forgetting many of her smaller lies as I haven't watched the original in a while, but Huang Rong is well known for using deception to defeat her rivals and enemies.

2. Have HR killed anyone/responsible for the death of some?
    Not directly; but she obviously intended to kill Shagu, but for worries about how Guo Jing would interpret it. She also probably intended to kill Ouyang Ke, though only managed to break his legs. She intended to drive Ouyang Feng mad, and to poison/kill Yang Kang, since she expected to be attacked by him and never told him about it.

Generally speaking you would not expect Jin Yong to have Huang Rong directly commit a murder since she is supposed to be a hero of the story, but she's done a lot of damage to a lot of people, and even though much of it was in defense, it is not what you'd expect a nice, kind person to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverlake View Post
    Her most damaging lies were to Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu, and is in fact largely responsible for their tragedy. In the original, she lied to Hong Qigong about Guo Jing, to get him to teach him, lied to Mu Nianci about Yang Kang to encourage their relationship, and also to Ouyang Ke, so as to trap him beneath a rock. I'm forgetting many of her smaller lies as I haven't watched the original in a while, but Huang Rong is well known for using deception to defeat her rivals and enemies.

Not directly; but she obviously intended to kill Shagu, but for worries about how Guo Jing would interpret it. She also probably intended to kill Ouyang Ke, though only managed to break his legs. She intended to drive Ouyang Feng mad, and to poison/kill Yang Kang, since she expected to be attacked by him and never told him about it.

Generally speaking you would not expect Jin Yong to have Huang Rong directly commit a murder since she is supposed to be a hero of the story, but she's done a lot of damage to a lot of people, and even though much of it was in defense, it is not what you'd expect a nice, kind person to do.
    Thanks once again. Points taken.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sinaimg.cn/dy/slidenews/4_img/2017_01/704_2107831_556602.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    What the hell is this?

OMG! If they use the classic 1983 Iron Blood and Loyal Heart OST, that would be amazing! At least the instruments, cos I prefer it being sung in Cantonese. It has a scene of Ray Lui as Southern Emperor that we haven't seen so far, so it could be original. But the Thai scripts give me doubts...

lemme check YouTube
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-07-17 at 12:16 AM.

Not sure if Chinese show are like in America, where the critics gets to see it first to review it?

If so, what is the reviews like?
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-07-17 at 12:28 AM.

Critics don't see the series before the general audience in China, at least that's my understanding. Particularly a very long series like this, will be difficult to have pre screens...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    OMG! If they use the classic 1983 Iron Blood and Loyal Heart OST, that would be amazing! At least he instruments, cos I prefer it being sung in Cantonese. It has a scene of Ray Lui as Southern Emperor that we haven't seen so far, so it could be original. But the Thai scripts give me doubts...

lemme check YouTube
    I've checked the YouTube video, it was published yesterday (Asia's yesterday) on 6 Jan. We have several new scenes like Bao Xiruo and Wanyan Honglie, with Yang Tiexin outside their house. Also Southern Emperor scene. Then Michael's Huang Yaoshi vs some fighters (HYS in brown robe) and him flying over the peach blossoms (with the off-white robe). And we have Huazheng hugging GJ. Those are that i can get without reducing the speed.

I think this video is genuine. But it wasn't published by Huace, hence I'm not sure how it got there. What's the role of this YouTube user in the whole series production, i mean.
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-07-17 at 12:15 AM.

Don HU, i think what you found is the opening theme, the OST of LOCH 2017! It seems to be legit!

And this below may be the closing theme...

I love the closing theme, and so so stoked that they give a big nod to the 1983 opening theme by using it here!! The 1983 version has the best OSTs to date IMO.

Edit: I love the use of the Chinese musical instruments in the closing theme, but the ither parts of the song, not yet attached to it. But the opening theme is definitely a thumbs up!
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 01-07-17 at 01:07 AM.

I LOVE the opening of this song!!

IKR!!! So stoked!!!

The source of that supposed OP video came from Weibo. Here I have uploaded a complete version.

As to its authenticity, it may or may not be used for the actual airing. We will see.

Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-07-17 at 01:54 AM.

Surprised if there will be NO vocals!

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    The source of that supposed OP video came from Weibo. Here I have uploaded a complete version.

As to its authenticity, it may or may not be used for the actual airing. We will see.

THANK YOU so much, WuxiaRocks! I love the starting tone here as well!

I do think it's better to have the instrumental only for the opening theme... but I'm curious if they are going to vocalise this. It will be in Mandarin, which is a stark change, for I'm so used to the Cantonese version of the "Iron Blood and Loyal Heart" (is there even the Mandarin ver, btw, of yesteryears?).

And Don Yu, she's Huang Rong, not Haung Rong... just a correction ^_^

@WuxiaRocks, can I embed this video into my blog? I understand that it is 'not listed".

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    @WuxiaRocks, can I embed this video into my blog? I understand that it is 'not listed".
    Yes, you may. It's fine.

cool, thanks!

I'm rather conflicted about the use of LOCH 83 OST in this video. This could be a marketing gimmick, and not the actual OST. If it's indeed the opening theme, the series had better live up to the hype. Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade, but I just love LOCH 83 too much. I still have the grudge that it was used as the OST for the Mermaid movie, grrrhhh...