Page 29 of 150 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 《射雕英雄传》 - Yang Xu Wen, Li Yi Tong, Chen Xing Xu

Any youtube link to Episode 2? It runs better on my 6-year old laptop I have not watched it yet. Possibly tomorrow. I look forward to the fight between the Taoist priest and Buddhist monk. Hopefully there is.

Go to the ep 1, click the channel, you'll find ep 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Go to the ep 1, click the channel, you'll find ep 2...
    ok. stupid me. Trying to recollect about Wan prince. It sure make him less responsibility for the Gao/Yang family breakup. On the other hand, he may be responsible by "paying" the evil officer to spoil the family.

Haha, now worries. I do that often too...

just want to understand what you meant by

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    It sure make him less responsibility for the Gao/Yang family breakup. On the other hand, he may be responsible by "paying" the evil officer to spoil the family.
    IMO, Wanyan Honglie was definitely responsible for thr Gou-Yang family demise, whether he killed Guo Xiaotian himself or not.

----------
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 05-10-22 at 10:10 PM.

Finished ep 2.

I can't tell apart the actress of MeiChaoFeng from Guojing's mama .... they look the same to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Bad points, the fight scenes. Would someone please tell Mainland choreographers that there is more to making a good fight scene than close cuts, fast cuts and dancing. Has Ching Siu-tung retired? If so can someone bring him out of retirement and get him to teach people how to do decent wire-fu.
    Have you even watched majority of today's Wuxia by comparison???!!! Or even worse, Xian Xia...?

Legend Of Chusen
    " " Flying Daggers
    Classic of Mountains and Seas
    Chinese Paladin... ETC

Let's be a little bit grateful it is still ABOVE all or most of today's Wuxia series!!!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 02:45 PM.

No disrespect but what? That fight scene at the monastery was atrocious, full of close ups and slow-mo. To borrow from Tsui Hark, in an action piece the fighting is the spirit and if these early scenes are anything to go by then this series looks to be very draggy. But as you said, there's only been 2 eps, so maybe it will pick up and I do agree that they seem to be restraining the CGI which is a relief.
    But if you really want to complain about the fighting, then I strongly urge that rather you go after ALL the other TV series these days with WORSE fighting.

Cuz I don't know what other recent Wuxia TV series you've watched are better than this?

In that case, please let me know which ones, cuz I must be missing out!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 02:55 PM.

Some people just prefer these other TV shows with more 'Love story', 'Love triangles/misunderstandings' and all that mess and less action/plot. So these type of people would not prefer this show as much.

But, if you are like me, we prefer THIS TYPE of show the MOST; Jin Yong shows have the BEST plot and action than these other shows.

They even composed a bunch 'Love' songs for this series like the song from trailer #2, and this one - https://youtu.be/kPAwmSNHNQQ
    But now they won't even give us these songs in MV format!

Why? I don't know for sure, but I say because people complain nonstop. And, now they don't even want to give us the songs/music anymore!

I just DON'T understand how can people always compare today's series to series in the 70/80s? Why don't fans just appreciate the BEST shows of today, and not compare it to the past ones?

Sure, 80s Chinese TV series have better action, no one is disputing that.

But, fact of matter is, in general, the action choreography has declined - http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...s#.WHVGuBsrJhE

The point is, there are SO MANY WORSE shows than his one these days to complain about.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 04:42 PM.

Bro, it's okay if people have different opinions from you. It's okay if someone doesn't like the choreography or casting here, it's all a matter of opinion. No need to make sweeping generalizations
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Don Yu, I suppose, at least for me, I want the best of both worlds....Even Michael Miu himself agreed that the quality of fighting scenes in wuxia productions these days have declined... but that not because we can't do it these days. It's because the producers do prefer to have the wire fu, slow-mo and CGI (thankfully, I haven't seen that much in this series for CGI).

If the current Mainland producers in general can return even just a bit to more original fighting choreography (which is pretty much the essence of wuxia), wouldn't it be better for the genre in general...?

And since I don't read Chinese n only relying on Google Translation, I could be wrong...but... it seems the producers and director of LOCH 2017 do want to return to the classics. They keep saying that in their weibo. Whether it's returning to the main LOCH storyline or the classical 80s feeling, I hope it's both. And i hope at least we can see the veterans doing more real kung fu than just the dancing and slow mo. I for one really want to see that for Michael Miu n Ray Lui...

In wrapping, I understand where you're coming from. I hope we can meet somewhere in the middle not too far from each other.

But my point is, this show STILL is much better than other TV shows right now, especially Action/Martial Arts! (Acting, we will have to wait and see)

NONE of the shows are as good as the 80s actions are, but this show rank at the TOP, not at the bottom (in TODAY's list of TV series).

If you wish to complain, maybe don't do it to the BEST show, and do it to all the other shows not as good as this.

Complain about "Legend Of Chusen", "Legend of Flying Daggers", "Classic of Mountains and Seas", etc as all these are much more terrible with the action!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Bro, it's okay if people have different opinions from you. It's okay if someone doesn't like the choreography or casting here, it's all a matter of opinion. No need to make sweeping generalizations
    It's not what I am trying to do, maybe you misunderstand.

We can have different opinions, but you and I both KNOW for a fact that Martial Arts in this is way above other series of today!

I just DON'T understand why people don't complain about the martial arts like in "Legend Of Chusen" as it's obviously not as good as this show is. And shows like that gets away with it and also GET HIGH RATINGS, but this show don't and GET COMPLAINTS, just because it's NOT like 80s?

That's crazy thinking!

I would rate this show a 10/10 and rate Legend of Chusen 3-5/10, because I am trying to be realistic here (Comparing TODAYs to other TODAYs shows) and not compare today's show to 80s shows.

For me, I would save my complaints about martial arts on other series not as good as this, and call those out to do better! Why bother with the 'BEST'?
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 06:21 PM.

The music for this trailer #2 is out! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 06:32 PM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    It's not what I am trying to do, maybe you misunderstand.

We can have different opinions, but you and I both KNOW for a fact that Martial Arts in this is way above other series of today!

I just DON'T understand why people don't complain about the martial arts like in "Legend Of Chusen" as it's obviously not as good as this show is. And shows like that gets away with it and also GET HIGH RATINGS, but this show don't and GET COMPLAINTS, just because it's NOT like 80s?

That's crazy thinking!

I would rate this show a 10/10 and rate Legend of Chusen 3-5/10, because I am trying to be realistic here (Comparing TODAYs to other TODAYs shows) and not compare today's show to 80s shows.

For me, I would save my complaints about martial arts on other series not as good as this, and call those out to do better! Why bother with the 'BEST'?
    Calling this the best of the new age shows is a bit generous at this stage, there's only been 4 eps, but as I said above I am ready to give it a chance. I grew up watching the best choreography golden age Hong Kong TV and Cinema had to offer and it really disappoint me when I see it done badly, but I also gave credit to the archery duel.

I enjoyed that scene because of the subtle move of Jebe when he broke the arrow head. This is a classic example of less is more, I just wished the other actions scenes were like this.

Calling this the best of the new age shows is a bit generous at this stage, there's only been 4 eps, but as I said above I am ready to give it a chance. I grew up watching the best choreography golden age Hong Kong TV and Cinema had to offer and it really disappoint me when I see it done badly, but I also gave credit to the archery duel.

I enjoyed that scene because of the subtle move of Jebe when he broke the arrow head. This is a classic example of less is more, I just wished the other actions scenes were like this.
    To prove me wrong, all you have to do is to name one 2015/2016 series that's better Martial Arts than this one is. Can you?

Maybe you know it for a fact that the fighting here is objectively better, but I guess I'm just too dumb to figure it out becauseI certainly don't know that for a fact.

Anyway, people generally hold Jin Yong adaptations to a higher standard because there have been so many of them already. If you're going through the trouble of remaking an old story, of course people will care about how it measures up to previous adaptations. Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people can't care.

Also, I happened to like the choreography in Nirvana in Fire, for example. It's not so strictly wuxia, but it is considered to be part of the genre. I happen to like it and that's my opinion. And you'll find plenty of other people who liked how things were done in Nirvana in Fire. And you'll also find a lot of hand-to-hand fighting in modern or Republican era dramas that aren't really wuxia, but it shows that that style of choreography can still be done. But I guess you know best...
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Holding something to a higher standard, but not treat ALL of the rest of the other TV series out today to the exact same standard, is not fair to the better series, is it?

I don't really have a problem with you complaining about this show's action, but at least make it fair, watch all the other series made today and complain about those ones as well, to be fair!