Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Princess Agents 2017《特工皇妃楚乔传》- Zhao Li Ying, Lin Geng Xin, Dou Xiao, Li Qin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Really, i love the main guy!! He is nailing that cold character vibe to the T! Also I love when he lets out the shy stares and subtle smile lol! I just Love Lin geng Xin! The cast chemistry is pretty good so far! I thought the show would be more serious and orginal, but it is an idol drama , but I can't stop watching it lol!! I am so addicted to this show right now!!
    I still like him so much more in BBJX, he was so adorable in there that he won so many fans within his first appearance in his first drama. I'm kind of late in knowing about his hot topic of the unmanly comment about tzu yu, I don't know how I feel about him after that as it does affect his image quite a lot, if he can apologize at least.

I knew I seen that girl in veil before, Su Jin from Yang Mi's eternal love, I couldn't remember her but somehow my feeling keeps saying she has an annoying look and that was because she did played a very annoying person before.
    Last edited by Verdiani; 06-19-17 at 08:41 PM.

Banned

Just finished watching the 1st episode. WTF I just watched? Normally, the first ep supposed to set the premise and tries to be interesting. This one goes to sh1t after the first 5 minutes after she was pulled out of the water.

I don't get why this drama gets so high ratings. Good thing I didn't bother to dl more episodes than 3. Officially dropping at ep 01, but might see up to ep 03, since I already dwnloaded them. What a waste of bandwidth.

Closing words: Do NOT recommend -- the worst kind of chick flick idol drama possible. Looks like Ode to Gallantry will be the next good watch after Fighter of the Destiny.

I'm watching this series with English sub and I thought it's not that bad.
    My favorite character is Yan Xun. I find this actor did a much better job of epxressing his emotions than Lin Geng Xin. I find Yan Xun's fate so pitiful, I cried so much when his whole family died and the whole scenes that stretched out from ep 24-26, if I remember correctly.
    I can't imagine seeing your family's heads being burned and your mom died in front of you. Of course, all was the work of fiction. You have to give the actor Dou Xiao prop for conveying emotions with that difficult scenes.
    I like Yan Xun and Xing Er as a couple more than Xing Er with Yue He, LGX's character.

I caught up to this drama the other day while bed ridden and almost dropped it because I didn't like how the story was going but glad I stuck around. The story is really shaping up nicely. Hope it continues to get better. I heard from book readers there will be a host of new characters. Anyone can confirm this?

Main girl looks a lot prettier in her new styling.

Seems like u don't understand the story of course if u don't know and love to judge so quickly then u shouldn't be watching this and it's high rating because it's that good

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    Seems like u don't understand the story of course if u don't know and love to judge so quickly then u shouldn't be watching this and it's high rating because it's that good
    Okay...not sure why I am getting the attitude but fine by me. I just won't bother with this thread. Not the nicest of welcomes I've got.

Talking Princess Agents 2017《特工皇妃楚乔传》- Zhao Li Ying, Lin Geng Xin, Dou Xiao, Li Qin

Last edited by Shakespeare; 07-04-17 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Just finished watching the 1st episode. WTF I just watched? Normally, the first ep supposed to set the premise and tries to be interesting. This one goes to sh1t after the first 5 minutes after she was pulled out of the water.

I don't get why this drama gets so high ratings. Good thing I didn't bother to dl more episodes than 3. Officially dropping at ep 01, but might see up to ep 03, since I already dwnloaded them. What a waste of bandwidth.

Closing words: Do NOT recommend -- the worst kind of chick flick idol drama possible. Looks like Ode to Gallantry will be the next good watch after Fighter of the Destiny.
    If u don't understand the story the u probably won't like it. It's high rating because it's that good I watched it and love it

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Okay...not sure why I am getting the attitude but fine by me. I just won't bother with this thread. Not the nicest of welcomes I've got.
    Well just take a little time to know the story then if its ur type then u will like it I am not bashing on u like that

Hi Linda,
    Did you see the main girl Xing Er look like Zheng Meng as WYY in Demi Gods Semi Devils the 2014 version?
    I swear when Xing Er wore white/ivory clothing in earlier episodes (as a maid serving Lin Geng Xin's character). I thought Zheng Meng and Zhao Li Yeng were twins

Hey! Watching up to date at the moment and enjoying the chemistry between the three leads. All three have displayed very good acting. I feel that Chu Qiao is compatible Yan Xun, but looks like that she does seem to like Yuwen Yue more, hence the strong feeling of betrayal. I am glad that all the execution scenes are over and we can get to the real drama and long awaited battle scenes. I do hope that the villians will get their just desserts but feel that the price that Yan Xun has to pay is not worth it.

Anyone else heard about that the rumour around youtube that AB may take over filming of Part 2? It seems a crazy idea to split this story into 2 parts which is a guaranteed hit without confirming the main casts forboth parts. Hope the rumours are false and that there is only one part with an open ending as indicated by LGX in his interview.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by nerine92 View Post
    Well just take a little time to know the story then if its ur type then u will like it I am not bashing on u like that
    I never said anything about the storyline. You sure ur talking to me?

I actually picked up this drama because the synopsis sounded good.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    Hi Linda,
    Did you see the main girl Xing Er look like Zheng Meng as WYY in Demi Gods Semi Devils the 2014 version?
    I swear when Xing Er wore white/ivory clothing in earlier episodes (as a maid serving Lin Geng Xin's character). I thought Zheng Meng and Zhao Li Yeng were twins
    They don't to me. The styling is similar but they have very different features. Zheng Meng has a more porcelain look while Zhao Li Ying looks more weathered. It's more fitting to their character. I can see the resemblance though. I can see Zheng Meng as Xing Er but neither fits as WYY. Zheng Meng would have made a better Mu WangQing. Zhao Li Ying looks more fitting as Zhong Ling or Azi.

In some forums and blogs, people cry that the execution parts are dragging the drama. I think these are important parts, because the massacre of the Yan family and the public execution (including Yan Xun's tortures) are what change Yan Xun and drive him to avenge for his family. In addition, I see two of the best performances (IMO of course) throughout the series so far, presented by Yan Xun, his mother, and Chu Qiao.

What made the series dragged was
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the earlier 15 episodes dedicated to pushing the OTP-ness between Yuwen Yue and Chu Qiao (the "ballet" training, selection of bedchamber maid, etc you name it) and fillers like the maidservants catfights :P

I didn't read the book, but those who did say that there is tremendous change made to the characters, particularly Yuwen Yue. He was written as a rather ruthless person at first, including towards Chu Qiao. But the drama portrays him as merely cold and aloof outside, but warm inside. In short, the typical Asian drama male leading character LOL.
    In the book, Yuwen Yue-Chu Qiao's romance starts after she ends her romantic relationship with Yan Xun, and leaves the latter because of the difference in principles -- he becomes malevolent.

I was a little disappointed by the earlier episodes
    because Chu Qiao is often depicted as another damsel in distress, she fights, but always gets saved by either Yuwen Yue or Yan Xun
    . I'm glad we've embarked on much more interesting episodes: a very capable Chu Qiao with brain, questions to solve, and upcoming battles.

Banned

Finished watching all 3 episodes I downloaded. It's still a bad drama and I might drop it (again) at some point, but away I go towards Ep 4 and beyond. Drama didn't manage to hook me until Ep 3, with the first one being particularly bad.

Anyways all the dramas ZLY has starred in (Mystic Nine, Princess Agents, etc.) were filled with max gore and real sexy scenes... I'm noticing a pattern here...

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hey! Watching up to date at the moment and enjoying the chemistry between the three leads. All three have displayed very good acting. I feel that Chu Qiao is compatible Yan Xun, but looks like that she does seem to like Yuwen Yue more, hence the strong feeling of betrayal. I am glad that all the execution scenes are over and we can get to the real drama and long awaited battle scenes. I do hope that the villians will get their just desserts but feel that the price that Yan Xun has to pay is not worth it.

Anyone else heard about that the rumour around youtube that AB may take over filming of Part 2? It seems a crazy idea to split this story into 2 parts which is a guaranteed hit without confirming the main casts forboth parts. Hope the rumours are false and that there is only one part with an open ending as indicated by LGX in his interview.
    WOW, hopefully they are not going to do 2 parts because Princess Agents is honestly draggy. Besides, if any other actress, including real famous ones like AB, LSS, YM you name them...if they dare to play ZLY character, I bet ZLY fans will be bashing those ladies harshly.

I've never (really) seen any brainless ZLY fans on any forums yet, but just according to some articles, they always bash people when ZLY doesn't get something they want her to get. I.E. when they bash Jerry Yan for being her rumor lead, which was so stupid because although he's not that famous anymore, he was in the past. Respect that. In the long future, ZLY will not be that famous either. Nobody stay young and famous forever.

This is an idol drama only, most of us thought it wasn't going to be, how can other actress play this role?

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    In some forums and blogs, people cry that the execution parts are dragging the drama. I think these are important parts, because the massacre of the Yan family and the public execution (including Yan Xun's tortures) are what change Yan Xun and drive him to avenge for his family. In addition, I see two of the best performances (IMO of course) throughout the series so far, presented by Yan Xun, his mother, and Chu Qiao.

What made the series dragged was
    the earlier 15 episodes dedicated to pushing the OTP-ness between Yuwen Yue and Chu Qiao (the "ballet" training, selection of bedchamber maid, etc you name it) and fillers like the maidservants catfights :P

I didn't read the book, but those who did say that there is tremendous change made to the characters, particularly Yuwen Yue. He was written as a rather ruthless person at first, including towards Chu Qiao. But the drama portrays him as merely cold and aloof outside, but warm inside. In short, the typical Asian drama male leading character LOL.
    In the book, Yuwen Yue-Chu Qiao's romance starts after she ends her romantic relationship with Yan Xun, and leaves the latter because of the difference in principles -- he becomes malevolent.

I was a little disappointed by the earlier episodes
    because Chu Qiao is often depicted as another damsel in distress, she fights, but always gets saved by either Yuwen Yue or Yan Xun
    . I'm glad we've embarked on much more interesting episodes: a very capable Chu Qiao with brain, questions to solve, and upcoming battles.
    You have written my exact feelings. I stuck around because I was waiting for this development.

Only thing that annoys me is ZYL lack of power behind her stance (and the general idolness to the drama), and the martial arts director is really bad. I'm a massive fan of martial arts so I tend to be very critical.