Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Princess Agents 2017《特工皇妃楚乔传》- Zhao Li Ying, Lin Geng Xin, Dou Xiao, Li Qin

Banned

In Ep 13, did anyone catch how YY swooped in stealthily in his J-20 stealth fighter, delivered his payload to save Xing Er, and left just as stealthily?

This what I love about modern C-dramas, lots of high-tech weaponry like stealth fighters and missiles disguised as human gliders and ice arrow heads...

Banned

From threatening to drop the series at ep01 from way back, I have found myself watching up to ep48 now. I heard the ending was rather disappointing, but my impressions up to now:

1. Chun Er played high school beauty Meng Yi Ran in Love O2O movie. IMO,WeiWei was overrated, I like MYR female char more.

2. Really nice costumes and sets, even better looking than Nirvana in Fire

3. Am I the only one who thought I was watching the dramatization of an epic RPG game? I loved every scene where the characters went on a quest to explore mysterious places, just like an RPG game. The drama has enough complexity to become undoubtedly the best RPG game the world has ever seen, even better than WarCraft!

4. It's not a coincidence top high school beauty Meng Yi Ran from Love O2O movie was cast in the role of princess Chun Er. So, at Ep 42, I felt somewhat giddy when the screenwriter pulled a YG+XLN scene from ROCH (Chun Er got raped while her brother had his arm severed by Yan Xun). It seems like most Mainland China series mention or try to copy Jin Yong at least once per series (in Love O2O, it was the mentioning of the Sweeper Monk from DGSD and the battles of the Condor couples).

If you like Chun-er, make sure to check out her Majesty of Wolf 2018. The trailer is impressive and I guarantee the drama won't be bad because it's the same director as Our Times, Prince of Lan Ling and Autumn's Concerto. I'm so excited
    Also, I didn't notice the ROCH allusion :OO

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    From threatening to drop the series at ep01 from way back, I have found myself watching up to ep48 now. I heard the ending was rather disappointing, but my impressions up to now:

1. Chun Er played high school beauty Meng Yi Ran in Love O2O movie. IMO,WeiWei was overrated, I like MYR female char more.

2. Really nice costumes and sets, even better looking than Nirvana in Fire

3. Am I the only one who thought I was watching the dramatization of an epic RPG game? I loved every scene where the characters went on a quest to explore mysterious places, just like an RPG game. The drama has enough complexity to become undoubtedly the best RPG game the world has ever seen, even better than WarCraft!

4. It's not a coincidence top high school beauty Meng Yi Ran from Love O2O movie was cast in the role of princess Chun Er. So, at Ep 42, I felt somewhat giddy when the screenwriter pulled a YG+XLN scene from ROCH (Chun Er got raped while her brother had his arm severed by Yan Xun). It seems like most Mainland China series mention or try to copy Jin Yong at least once per series (in Love O2O, it was the mentioning of the Sweeper Monk from DGSD and the battles of the Condor couples).
    Anticipating 2018 狼殿下

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starryblue View Post
    If you like Chun-er, make sure to check out her Majesty of Wolf 2018. The trailer is impressive and I guarantee the drama won't be bad because it's the same director as Our Times, Prince of Lan Ling and Autumn's Concerto. I'm so excited
    Also, I didn't notice the ROCH allusion :OO
    I like Chun-er. I shall check that drama out.

Banned

Just finished watching the last episode.

All is well that ends well. The last Ep was a fitting conclusion to the series. Obviously, Yuwen Yue will use the acupuncture technique he used on Xing Er to freeze his body in the lake until someone comes and rescue him. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Season 2 (if they ever produce it).

Overall, the whole thing watches like WarCraft III --- there is a prince that turns darker the higher he ascends to power, so much that he even develops eyes with dark lines like deprived of sleep (reference to Yan Xun's transition from an easy-going char onto the Dark Side)...

Anyways, overall rating (my scale):

23.0/10 - A great ROCH adaptation
    18.5/10 - Ode to Gallantry 2017
    18.0/10 - Fighter of the Destiny
    17.5/10 - Nirvana in Fire
    16.0/10 - A good ROCH adaptation
    14.0/10 - Princess Agents
    12.0/10 - Dragon Nest: Warrior's Dawn movie in 3-D
    12.0/10 - Three Lives, Three Worlds TV version
    9.0/10 - Candle in the Tomb
    7.0/10 - Ice Fantasy
    Last edited by hirobo2; 09-24-17 at 10:55 AM.

I wish I understood Chinese. I just started watching this on Viki because I noticed they started subtitling half way through lol. It's so addicting so far (Episode 10), the only problem I'm having so far is keeping up with all the male characters, there are so many!

P.S. Any idea why the title is "Princess Agents?"
    Last edited by lilviet_grl8o8; 10-30-17 at 10:36 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    I wish I understood Chinese. I just started watching this on Viki because I noticed they started subtitling half way through lol. It's so addicting so far (Episode 10), the only problem I'm having so far is keeping up with all the male characters, there are so many!

P.S. Any idea why the title is "Princess Agents?"
    If you want to watch the entire series, it's available on youtube with English subs. I watched it over the summer and I'm completely disappointed with the ending. It's not because it's a bad ending but because they are making a sequel. There's so much of the story to be told and well, we don't know if the series will have a sequel for sure or not. I liked both male leads, but the 2nd lead's character just changed too much and became super emo.

Princess Agent refers to the main heroine's true identity and her lineage as a spy agent.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    If you want to watch the entire series, it's available on youtube with English subs. I watched it over the summer and I'm completely disappointed with the ending. It's not because it's a bad ending but because they are making a sequel. There's so much of the story to be told and well, we don't know if the series will have a sequel for sure or not. I liked both male leads, but the 2nd lead's character just changed too much and became super emo.

Princess Agent refers to the main heroine's true identity and her lineage as a spy agent.
    I'll have to look it up. I hate how many commercials there are on youtube, I used to watch for free on Drama Fever and Viki but I couldn't stand the commercials! :O

I've read many reviews from people and it seems A LOT of people are not happy w/ the ending. I hope if there's a sequel they will keep the cast the same. I like the endless eye candy of hotties.. hehehe. After I saw Scarlet Heart w/ Kenny Lin, I went and watched every movie he was in just to see more of him. He's aged very well, he's still very handsome since Scarlet Heart.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    I'll have to look it up. I hate how many commercials there are on youtube, I used to watch for free on Drama Fever and Viki but I couldn't stand the commercials! :O

I've read many reviews from people and it seems A LOT of people are not happy w/ the ending. I hope if there's a sequel they will keep the cast the same. I like the endless eye candy of hotties.. hehehe. After I saw Scarlet Heart w/ Kenny Lin, I went and watched every movie he was in just to see more of him. He's aged very well, he's still very handsome since Scarlet Heart.
    The drama was good, but I wish they had stopped focusing on the second lead's revenge story and developed more of Zhao Li Ying's story and then there would be no need of a sequel.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

When this show just aired I only watched a few minute of the incredible opening scene against wolves.

Feeling bored while waiting for 2019 jinyong series , I gave this a try and it's alright.
    Makes me wonder if the novelists were plagiarizing each other using the proven combo of female slave with powerful guardian men. There are quite a number of such theme in the past 5 years of TV drama adapted from novel.

I'm onto episode 26.

Finished this drama , I rate it 6.5/10

in the second half , too many bloopers and distraction away from main couple and the "before" timeline with exotic JiangHu weapons

From a simple google search , there were lots of false rumors in 2018 about sequel , it's always "coming" but few months later another small website will repeat the same thing with no real photo. Clickbait.

This drama was disappointing, I like the cast but it feels like the writer lost momentum and forgot what direction this drama story and plot was going. If the drama was done right, they would not need a sequel. It's like they ran out of money and spent too much time on one subplot that they forgot the main plot and ended there. I also don't get why Shawn Dou's character had to become a vengeful character who just in the end did a lot of things out of character. The main female character I'm forgetting the names now so Zhao Li Ying's character's story was to developed somehow but they just forgot about her background story and what she was suppose to find out about her mom and etc and we didn't find out more than the first half of the drama. I tell ya it was such a let down. I do not recommend anyone watch this. Now they probably not going to have a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    This drama was disappointing, I like the cast but it feels like the writer lost momentum and forgot what direction this drama story and plot was going. If the drama was done right, they would not need a sequel. It's like they ran out of money and spent too much time on one subplot that they forgot the main plot and ended there. I also don't get why Shawn Dou's character had to become a vengeful character who just in the end did a lot of things out of character. The main female character I'm forgetting the names now so Zhao Li Ying's character's story was to developed somehow but they just forgot about her background story and what she was suppose to find out about her mom and etc and we didn't find out more than the first half of the drama. I tell ya it was such a let down. I do not recommend anyone watch this. Now they probably not going to have a sequel.
    They wont have a sequel, at least for a few years cos Zhao Liying's baby is due in march.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly