Thread: A Fist Within Four Walls (城寨英雄)

Default A Fist Within Four Walls (城寨英雄)

A Fist Within Four Walls (城寨英雄)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/2016-tvb-calendar-A-Fist-Within-Four-Walls.jpg')

Cast
    Ruco Chan
    Nancy Wu
    Benjamin Yuen
    Carlo Ng
    Philip Ng
    Yuen Qiu
    Lam Tsz-sin
    Grace Wong

Have anyone watch this drama here?

Turns out quite good so far. Initially thought it would be a lousy series as I generally do not like TVB fighting choreography and the wire-fu. But the fighting sequence has been quite convincing for a production series.

I like some of the fight scenes but Benjamin looks very weak and his acting stiff. Philip is great and Benny is believable as father and son. I do get annoyed with the over focus on the blood splatter and slow motion punches. And the rape scenes are disturbing as well.

Story wise, it so-so and I am watching it for the fights and I find the pairing between Philip and Moon Lau cute. I am not feeling much between Nancy and Benny or Grace and Benjamin. But Yuen Qiu is a nice addition whether in the comedy aspect or in the martial arts aspect.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Turns out quite good so far. Initially thought it would be a lousy series as I generally do not like TVB fighting choreography and the wire-fu. But the fighting sequence has been quite convincing for a production series.
    TVB made a good choice in using Philip Kwok as the action choreographer and it's neat to see him work with the actors at the end of episodes. Overall the show still has the TVB cheese factor and over dramatic music, but it's definitely not as lousy as I thought it would be as well. Phillip Ng can't really act, but since this is a kung fu show, he definitely has the physical skills.

I just wish they would make things a little subtle sometimes. It's one reason why I haven't follow TVB as much for the past 15 years. Too much in your face telling you what is going on in the scene. And the same old lighting they used since the 80s.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

So is the fight scenes nicely done and is there alot