Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Journey 《寻找前世之旅》 - Ma Ke, Fu Xinbo, Zhou Yu Tong

I finished this one!!!

Anybody else watching? I'm so deeply crazy about it, no way that I'm the only one. T_T

Typical time traveling stuff! But it did hit my right spot! Didn't expect that coming at all!
    The posters were just so-so, not too amazing. Even the trailer was not that good. But the GIFS gave me a different feeling so I tried this one out because of that, thanks so much to Shakespeare!!!!!

This has 12 episodes in part I and II, only a total of 24 episodes. I wouldn't say it is too short or too long, this is the no skimming type of dramas so if I were to finish it, it will really take the whole entire day, or a few days if I cannot commit an entire day for it. Timing is just right! This is really really re-watchable too, wouldn't get old fast. Everything started out very strong from the beginning, it didn't die out in the middle at all but get more and more intense to the end. The very ending could have been better I guess, I didn't really understand it much.

I cannot help but review and spoil a few things already!

click to show/hide spoilers

ZHOU YU TONG:

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE! As cute as she is in modern clothes (very good in hats, especially caps!), she is an extremely big beauty in ancient styling too. I was never attracted to Han clothing in the qin dynasty, I just feel they're not fashionable enough for women, I think boring would be the best description. I think ruby lin, yang mi, and liu shi shi wore them before, and I kept wishing for them to wear something more beautiful in their dramas. Han clothes are just not stylish. But Zhou Yutong wore them as a maid and even wash the potty room with it, she looked amazingly attractive in it. And for the hot pink dress in Tang Dynasty, (I was not hooked by the poster at all) but that was really one of the most memorable dress, reminds me of Disney Mulan. Her Yang Guifei was not only extremely cute and funny (super funny), but very pretty too. I like each and every ancient dresses worn by all the women in this drama (except for the maids in heaven), the color was totally right, hit the right spot again!

Two hotties are fighting for her, so the expectation is pretty high otherwise it will just be an epic fail. Overall I'm just overly glad they picked this actress for this role, nowadays it's too easy for actresses to annoy netizens, but Zhou Yutong did extremely well. 10/10, no mistake anywhere. She is very very worthy for the men to fight over. Although, I do wish she would show a bit more love for the two guys. She's so non-lovesick, and I like that, she got pretty good and legit reasons to make her own choice and do her own things.... but I just feel so bad for the guys.

FU XIN BO:

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS! This guy needs hugs! Like lots and lots of them! Ma Ke does too! At least Ma Ke got a few short romantic hugs, but Ma Ke still didn't get enough for sure. Fu Xin Bo only got the teacherly hugs. This is his section but I still have to mention Ma Ke, the choice between him and Ma Ke is just intensely great! Really totally different from Princess of Lanling where I don't ship LLW with QS at all but only YWY all the way through. Maybe I do like Ma Ke in this drama a tiny bit more. But in each and every lifetime when the lead actress travel back home, for my Fu Xin Bo, my heart gets torn into hundreds thousands millions of tiny pieces! He got a very dynamic role and probably had so much fun with all types of personalities that exist on earth. Started out as the seemingly boring+stiff+strict teacher, and then he was a cold+ruthless+mean+warm+hottie, then stupid+nice+silly+cute, and then a gentleman+smart+romantic, and finally evil (regardless, I still love him that way). His face is just so interesting that it matches all those different characters MORE THAN nicely!!! And, no matter what his character is, his love for the main girl just stay innocent every single time so when she leaves him, his innocence is what makes me wish for her to stay for him in every lifetime. I cannot even chose which lifetime of him I think is less sad about the abandonment, they were all too touching and too beautiful. Since she didn't have time to hug all the ancient Fu Xin Bo(s), I wish she would at least hug the identical master a lot more and much tighter and longer, or flashback about this guy (first time ever requesting for flashbacks in dramas). He deserves for her to miss him more. His portrayal is also 10/10.

I also really like the fact that he is her teacher not for the sake of taboo or forbidden love, but there is much more to it.

MA KE:
    HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! My heart breaks for Fu Xin Bo for every abandonment, but I fell love a bit more and more for Ma Ke each time. This is why I cannot chose who the actress should hug more and kiss more, I love Ma Ke in here so much to the point I want her to marry him, but I feel too bad for Fu Xin Bo. Does it hurt more that a man was reborn many times but still get heart breaks from the same girl every time? Or to wait so many hundreds and thousands of years for the same girl so many times? Both are equally the same.

These two guys both possess a cute and handsome look at the same time, with Ma Ke only a tiny bit more on the cuter side and Fu Xin Bo only a tiny bit more on the handsome side, it is a very strong cast!

I'm not asking for the unnecessary dramatic kissing, or, anything that is overly romantic like every other dramas, this drama is perfectly fine because it makes me pin for the characters, but I think I would not be crying for weeks if she can love these guys more (esp. Ma ke). Still, I just cannot let her like Ma Ke and forget about Fu Xin Bo, or, be a two timer, too hard of a choice.

At first I didn't like this weird guy with so much make-up in the journey of flower, but he's definitely hot in here. It makes sense why he has makeup in this drama, and the make-up was good! His modern white hair was soooo good on him too. Ma Ke is definitely a 10/10, for looks and acting at the same time. The love for Ma Ke in here is too indescribable, but...again...also Fu Xin Bo!

Last edited by Verdiani; 02-22-17 at 01:49 AM.

Last edited by Shakespeare; 02-22-17 at 05:28 PM.

If anyone is interested, the English subbed episodes are hosted on 4udrama and at our channel in dailymotion, http://www.dailymotion.com/Sophiascribbling
    Last edited by Linja; 05-16-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    I finished this one!!!

Anybody else watching? I'm so deeply crazy about it, no way that I'm the only one. T_T
    Thanks for your detailed review. I love this drama so much that a friend and I decided to provide English subtitles so that a lot more can enjoy it! It really is such a great and RE-WATCHABLE drama. I absolutely love all the cast. Even the supporting cast such as Fei Niao (forgot his real name). When he played Li Mao, the Prince of Shou, I was cracking up so bad. Zhou Yu Tong is hilarious (especially as Yu Huan, the Princess of Shou). I've never seen her in anything before. So she made a great first impression on me. I saw Fu Xin Bo for the first time in Legend of Ban Shu and really liked his acting there. He played a set of twins and did a marvelous job portraying two completely different people. In this drama, he upped the stakes and portrayed SIX completely different characters! Each one different and unique with their own quirks and characteristics. He is one talented man. The only other actor that I was impressed with displaying so many characters in one drama is Ji Sung from Kill Me, Heal Me.

I've seen Ma Ke in Journey of Flower but dropped the drama. I really like him as Ya Long in this drama but I think I am a little more on Fu Xin Bo's team, lol. I really wanted her to stay with Si Yin's doppelganger in each reincarnation. It's a lot harder to pick which reincarnation of her Master she should be with than picking between FXB and MK. For me, anyways. That's how awesome FXB was portraying all those different characters.

If anyone is interested, the English subbed episodes are hosted on 4udrama and at our channel in dailymotion, http://www.dailymotion.com/Sophiascribbling

Thank you Linja! You are the best! I didn't understand the very ending and I really do want to go rewatch everything to understand all the details.

I gave up on Ban Shu although I was trying to watch it for FXB, but there was also no english sub in there while I didn't like the story much. Wish FXB to take more male leads again. Mark is doing more dramas now but I don't like his female leads lately. Get them together with Xiao Ying again, she is cute and awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Thank you Linja! You are the best! I didn't understand the very ending and I really do want to go rewatch everything to understand all the details.

I gave up on Ban Shu although I was trying to watch it for FXB, but there was also no english sub in there while I didn't like the story much. Wish FXB to take more male leads again. Mark is doing more dramas now but I don't like his female leads lately. Get them together with Xiao Ying again, she is cute and awesome!
    Yes, watch it again! It is SO HILARIOUS that even I crack up laughing when I'm subtitling, lol. And I've seen the whole drama already.

Aw, that's a shame you gave up on Ban Shu. Maybe because you couldn't understand everything because there is no subtitles? I actually really liked it because the heroine wasn't some damsel in distress. She was sassy and a don't-mess-with-me kinda girl and most of all, I LOVED that she knew martial arts and didn't need no guy to protect her. FXB was awesome (I wasn't too fond of his other twin tho) and his chemistry with his female partner was great. They were so cute together. Overall I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I've stopped watching Ma Ke's latest drama, Song of Phoenix, cos I couldn't get into it. I might give it another go later with some help from the fast forward button and see how I go.

I'm looking forward to FXB's next drama. I think there's two upcoming ones where he's taken the lead role.
    Last edited by Linja; 05-18-17 at 01:07 AM.