Thread: Dragon-Marked War God (龙纹战神) by Su Yue Xi (苏月夕)

Default Dragon-Marked War God (龙纹战神) by Su Yue Xi (苏月夕)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xianxiaworld.net/BookFiles/BookImages/Dragon-Marked-War-God.jpg')

Official Description:

The once greatest Saint underneath the heavens has been reborn after one hundred years. He cultivates with mighty skills, and he fights to once again reach the top of the world!
    Dont compete with me when it comes to concocting pills, 100% effectiveness means nothing to me.
    Dont compete with me when it comes to cultivation speed, I wont be responsible when you die from embarrassment.
    Dont compete with me when it comes to experience, as Im an ancient ancestor.
    The existence of Jiang Chen is destined to ridicule thousands of geniuses

Synopsis by xianxiaworld:
    Jiang Chen was once the strongest Saint underneath the heavens. He cut through the skies and broke the door that led to the Gates of Heaven, opening up a new path for the Saints of the Saint Origin continent. But, he depleted his last drop of blood in the fight and died at the Saint Cliff.
    100 years later, he was reborn into the body of Jiang Chen, a useless good-for-nothing noble. He had already walked the road to the top once, now he needed to do so again. Only this time, he has knowledge far surpassing anyone else in this world.
    Come watch as Jiang Chen once again walks a road filled with the blood of his enemies and those who oppose him, settling for nothing but the top.

Table of Contents

Raw Source

My site is : www.xianxiaworld.net

Chapter 1Jiang Chen

After shaking his dizzy head, Jiang Chen could feel his mind clearing up again.

Its the year 3486 of the Saint Origin calendar.I was dead for over a hundred years.Jiang Chen, my name is Jiang Chen.Why have I been reborn after a hundred years?

Jiang Chen, the greatest Saint of the Saint Origin universe.100 years ago, he cut through the sky, broke the door that led through the Realm of Immortals, and opened up a new path for the people of the Saint Origin universe.But, he depleted his last drop of blood and died at the Saint cliff.Never did he think that he would be reborn a hundred years later.

Jiang Chen raised his head and realized he was in a dark, broken room.There were cracks all over the walls, and the door was tightly shut.He was imprisoned.

Jiang Chen could hear someone talking on the other side of the door.

Brother Yong, hes the mayors only son.The mayor loves him very much, even though he is useless.If the mayor finds out about this, we will be doomed!

Outside of the room stood two muscular guys, one with a face full of worry.This was a deserted place in Fragrant Sky city.No one come here on a normal day.

Theres no need to be scared, no one will know about this, not even the mayor.Furthermore, after we drink the blood of this fellow, we will leave Fragrant Sky city immediately!Yang Shuang, I know you dont want to spend your entire life as a loser!

Yang Yong said to Yang Shuang with a ferocious look on his face.

After listening to Yang Yong, the look of worry on Yang Shuangs face was gone, and it immediately changed into the same ferocious look that Yang Yong had on his face.Theres no return for us!The mayor has spent a fortune on his only son.Since he was born, hes been fed numerous pills, but is still at the first level of the Qi Jing realm.If that medicine had been given to us, we wouldve already reached the Qi Hai realm!Even the Mortal Core realm wouldnt be impossible to reach!

Those medicines were wasted on him, he may as well let us enjoy them!Lets wait for 3 more days.After the cleansing medicine has washed away all the impurities in his body, we will drink his blood and improve our own strength!After that, well leave immediately!

Yang Yong said with a cruel smile on his face.

The conversation between the two was overheard completely by Jiang Chen, who was just reborn into this world.A cruel smile emerged on Jiang Chens face after assimilating the memories from his previous life.

Dreaming about drinking my blood?You shall drink my piss!

Searching his memories, Jiang Chen discovered who the two people outside were.They were guards from the mayors mansion.They actually dared to try and harm him?Dreaming of killing Jiang Chen and drinking his blood?

Jiang Chen never felt nervous.As the greatest Saint in the past, he had gone through countless, dangerous tribulations.Furthermore, the cleansing medicine they fed him for the purpose of removing the impurities in his body would still need 3 days to take effect.3 days, that would be his opportunity to fight back.

Ignoring the two guards outside, Jiang Chen began inspecting his body.He immediately felt excited upon sensing the large amounts of medicine in his body that his father had given him since he was a child.

This bodys father knows how to feed good medicine to his son, but he doesnt know that his sons body cant absorb them.All the pills were stored in this body, and sooner or later something bad wouldve happened.But for me, this body is awesome!

Jiang Chen sat there with a smile on his face.He used to be the greatest Saint;for him to absorb the pills stored within this body was a piece of cake.

These two guards outside even fed me a cleansing medicine.Although it is weak, for this body, the benefits are huge!All the stored medicine in this body will be absorbed by me now!

After searching his memories for a while, Jiang Chen remembered a skill that could gather the strength from pills and began using it.

As Jiang Chen began using the skill, all the strength from the pills stored in his body began to move all over it.His body started absorbing the strength from the pills!

The pills started refining his body, his bones, his blood, his skinEverything was being refined!At the same time, the cleansing pills had also taken effect, helping Jiang Chen get rid of the impurities in his body.

All the pills he had consumed during the last 10 years were just too strong.His body literally became a treasure.It was such a waste!Its no wonder there were people who wanted to harm him.

And just like that, all the pills stored within this body are being refined by me.

He said with a low voice and smirk on his face.The huge amount of pills were continuously refining his body, making it stronger, and turning into Yuan power.

Click!

Level up!He reached the second level of the Qi Jing realm!

In just an hour, Jiang Chen broke through the barrier, reaching the second level of the Qi Jing Realm!

Click!Click!Click!

Level 3.Level 4.Level 5.Jiang Cheng continued to break through the barriers, reaching the fifth level of the Qi Jing Realm!All within one day!

There were simply too many pills stored within his body.Even though he had reached the fifth level of the Qi Jing Realm, he had only used half of the pills stored within his body.

Outside the door, Yang Yong and Yang Shuang walked around with anxious looks on their faces, waiting impatiently.

Brother Yong, its been a day.Should we just kill him now, take his blood, and leave?

Yang Shuang was worried.

No, the cleansing medicine will need 3 days to completely remove all the impurities in his body, we need to wait.

Said Yang Yong.

Inside the room, Jiang Chen was still sitting with his legs crossed, feeling the pleasant sensation of leveling up.Everyone in the Saint Origin universe were martial arts practitioners.Once a person reaches the ninth level of the Qi Jing Realm, they would be able to form a Qi Hai in their Dantian, reaching the Qi Hai realm.After that came the Mortal Core Realm, the Heavenly Core Realm, and the Divine Core realm.People called these realms the 5 foundation levels.

After reaching the fifth level of the Qi Jing Realm, Jiang Cheng did not stop.He kept on refining the energy from the pills, even though the speed of leveling up decreased significantly.

2 days later, Jiang Chen finally used all the stored pills within his body and reached the peak of the eighth level, just one step away from the ninth level.

I have reached the eighth level in 3 daysSeems like I have met the limits of this body.

Jiang Chen looked calm.If it was another person who went from the first level to the eighth in 3 days, they would have been thrilled to the max!But Jiang Chen was the greatest Saint!.He had already experienced so much during his previous life.To be frank, he was just a monster.

Haha, time to drink the blood.

As the door opened up, he heard the guards laughing.Both of them appeared in front of Jiang Chen.

Drink my blood?You two will drink my piss, instead!

While sitting on the floor, Jiang Chen got up and threw a fierce punch towards the guardsstomachs, sending them both flying out through the door.

They were both guards of the mayors mansion.Although their level was quite high, they were only level 6.They were simply not able to match Jiang Chen.

Wiping away the dust from his back, Jiang Chen walked out of his room slowly.He knew how much force his punch contained;the guards would not be able to stand up again.

Outside the room, Yang Yong and Yang Shuang were laying on the floor, holding their stomachs painfully and staring up towards Jiang Chen with eyes filled with fear.

Impossible, this is not possible!You were just level 1, how could you become so powerful in only 3 days?

Yang Yong was shocked.As one of the guards from the mayors mansion, he was very familiar with Jiang Chen.This fellow was a useless person, who was not a nice guy either.He would often use his status as the mayors son to bully others.This was normal for him.The sudden change almost made it so that the guards couldnt believe their eyes!It was as if he had transformed into another person entirely!

Useless scumbags, how dare you have the guts to try and kidnap me!Now tell me, who asked you to do this?

Jiang Chen looked towards Yang Yong with a fierce look in his eyes.He was not dumb;he knew that these scumbags would not dare touch him if there wasnt anyone asking them to do it.Furthermore, they wouldnt have had the ability to feed him the cleansing pill.

Nono one asked us to do this, it was us who wanted to drink your blood.

Said Yang Yong.

Since you dont want to tell me the truth, then you will never have the chance again.

Jiang Chen took a step forward and slapped Yang Yongs skull with a powerful strike.His skull exploded, sending blood and pieces of his brain all over the place.

I dont do second chances.

Jiang Chen spoke like nothing happened.He had often seen bloody scenes like this, and he only felt indifference.

Yang Shuang could feel death surrounding him.He was not a brave person, and he had never seen anything like this before.His face was pale and his body was shivering violently.

Now its your turn.Tell me, who asked you to do this?

Jiang Chen turned around and asked Yang Shuang.

NoReally, no one asked us to do this, please forgive me little master, spare my life!

Yang Shuang had a ghostly, pale face.The person in front of him was not the little master he was familiar with.The way he killed that person was just too cruel.

Still dont want to speak the truth?Good!Rest assured, I will not let you die easily.I know a method of killing where one will not die completely before his heart stops beating.I will chop off both your hands and legs, cut away your nose, and dig out your liver and kidney, then, I will let you see whats inside of your own body.Only then will I remove your heart.If you have a strong will, you may be able to see your own heart beating.

Jiang Cheng illustrated in detail.

Alright, I will tell you the truth!

Yang Shuangs face was covered in sweat;he couldnt stand it!In his eyes, Jiang Chen was a demon!A bloody demon!

Be fast, my patience has a limit.

Said Jiang Chen calmly.

Its the young master!Its him who asked us to do this.He gave us the cleansing medicine, too.

Yang Shuang told him everything he knew without any hesitation.

Jiang Ru Long!

The name was familiar in Jiang Chens mind.Jiang Ru Long was his fathers foster son.Due to the fact that he was too weak, his father, Jiang Hai, had adopted another child.In Jiang Chens memory, his foster brother had always taken good care of him.No matter what he had done, Jiang Ru Long would always help him!

Why would he want to kill me!

Jiang Chen demanded.

The mayor spent a fortune on you with all those pills.He was jealous, and once you were gone, he would become the only person able to legally inherit the Jiang family.Moreover, tomorrow will be the marriage engagement day between the Mu Rong family and the Jiang family.If you die, he will be able to marry the Mu Rong familys daughter.

Yang Shuang told Jiang Chen everything he knew.

So thats it.

Jiang Chen had a grim smile on his face.The Mu Rong family was a high class family in Fragrant Sky city, and they were big in the business industry.Even the mayor did not dare provoke them.If the Jiang family were to marry into their family, then it would bring huge benefits!

This Jiang Ru Long was a cunning guy.If it was the guy from before Jiang Chen was reborn, then he would be dead by now.But now, things were totally different.The once greatest Saint was now in possession of this body.Jiang Ru Long will face his doom.

Little master, I have told you all I know.Please spare my life, I will do everything I can to help you.

Yang Shuang said as he kowtowed towards Jiang Chen.

I dont need someone stupid like you.

Jiang Chen struck his palm towards Yang Shuang and his pleading immediately died down.

From

Chapter 2 I wont do it, do it yourself!

After killing the two guards, Jiang Chen raised his head towards the sky and realized it was late. He walked out of the compound only to see that he was surrounded by a deserted place, the air full of a musty smell.

According to his memory, this was the most remote and deserted place in Fragrant Sky city. It had been abandoned for more than 10 years. On a normal day, no one would ever come here. The Yong brothers truly did a fine job in finding this place and imprisoning him here.

I was a strong person in my previous life, so I wont be a weakling in this life. My past life is gone, let bygones be bygones. Since I now occupy this body, from now on I am you, the new Jiang Chen. Your family will be my family, your enemy will be my enemy. The path towards the future, we shall walk it together!
    With glowing eyes, he left this deserted place.

The mayors mansion had been in chaos the last 3 days while Jiang Chen had been missing. Although the previous Jiang Chen would always do something cruel or nasty, he had never been gone for more than 3 days.

He was the only son of the mayor. Although the mayor never missed a day in scolding him, in his heart he adored Jiang Chen the most. One could easily tell this from all of the precious medicines he fed Jiang Chen.

All the guards in the mayors mansion went out in search of their young master. They overturned every single brick available, but there was still no sign of him. Finally, the mayor gave an order that if the young master still couldnt be found by sunset, all the guards would not need to return.

At the deserted place where Jiang Cheng was imprisoned, a team of guards approached. After searching through all other locations, they finally arrived to this abandoned area.

Ai, this young master will never give us a break. He must be enjoying his day somewhere, but we are the ones suffering. Ive not eaten anything all day.
    Stop complaining, he is the only son of the Mayor. Tomorrow is the marriage engagement date with the Mu Rong family. If we cant find the young master by then dont expect anything good waiting for us.

Young master would never come to a remote place like this, we are just wasting our time here Wait, theres someone up ahead!

While all of the guards complained, the guard who led them saw a human figure clad in white clothes walking towards them.

Young master!

The guard shouted with a hint of surprise in his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and looked again towards that human figure. Who else could that be except for the young master?

Captain, its young master. Weve found young master, haha.

The guard jumped up from where he stood, his face filled with excitement. Tears were almost flowing out of his eyes, as if the person that appeared in front of him was not the young master, and instead, his own father.

It is the young master! It really is the young master, thank god!

A few of the guards started running towards Jiang Chen. Even though they didnt know why their young master would come to a deserted place like this, it didnt matter. What mattered the most was that they had found their young master, alive and kicking, without looking like he was missing an arm or leg.
    Jiang Cheng, why are all of you here?

[TL: Yes, the guards name is Jiang Cheng. Not Jiang Chen]
    Jiang Chen looked towards the captain. He knew this guy; his name was Jiang Cheng!

Young master, we finally found you! If you didnt appear, the mayor wouldve killed us all!

Jiang Cheng said with a face filled with excitement. It looked like he was about to cry from joy!

Jiang Chen had a puzzled expression on his face. But, due to his intelligence, it didnt take him more than a split second to understand everything. He had been missing for the last 3 days, so his dad must have been worried to death. He could easily imagine that these guards had not slept well.

Thinking about his father, whom he had yet to meet, Jiang Chen could feel some warmth in his heart. Although he was the greatest Saint in his past life, he never had a friend who was willing to care for him in his previous life. Being an orphan, he never had a chance to know what familial love was.

Does it look like Im in bad shape? You dont have to die. Come, lets go home.
    Jiang Chen said with a smile.

Young master, please ride this horse.

Jiang Cheng hurriedly led his own horse over to Jiang Chen.

I dont need it, I will just walk. All of you have worked hard. When we arrive home, everyone can go claim 10 gold coins from the treasury.
    Jiang Chen spoke like nothing had happened.
    What? 10 gold coins?

Jiang Cheng almost bit the dust when he heard that. He wasnt the only one! All the other guards were stunned. 10 gold coins, their wages were only 10 silver coins a month!

Jiang Chen was once the greatest Saint, so he didnt really need to care too much about money, but for these guards, 10 gold coins was a huge fortune!
    What happened to young master? This was not his style at all!

Since when did the young master become so generous?

He was not riding the horse, and since they met up with the young master some moments ago, he had not scolded them like he would always do.
    After disappearing for 3 days, the young master had totally changed into another person.
    Lets go, hurry up and follow young master.

Jiang Cheng was the first to recover from this huge surprise. All of the other guards sped up and started following their young master. They didnt even ride on their horses. Who would dare to ride on a horse when their young master walked in front?

-In the main hall of the Mayors mansion-
    A middle aged man paced back and forth with an anxious look on his face. The man, wearing loose silk clothes, was muscular and 7 feet tall.
    He was the mayor of Fragrant Sky city, Jiang Zhen Hai!

Dont worry, dad, Im sure they will find Jiang Chen.

Beside the mayor stood a good looking young man in white clothes. It looked like he was 17-18 years old, and at first glance anyone would know he was no ordinary person. A look of grief could be seen on his face, but internally, he was happy.

This spoiled kid will never let me have peace of mind. If he had half of your ability, I would be laughing in my dreams.
    Jiang Zhen Hai said helplessly.

Young master is back!

A guard came in, his face filled with excitement.
    What!

Jiang Ru Long almost shouted out loud; the expression on his face changed dramatically.
    He is back?

Jiang Zhen Hai felt relieved and shouted immediately, Ask him to come here right now!
    Sensing that the Mayor was going to lose his temper, the guard carefully said, Mayor, young master said he was tired, so he went to his room in order to rest. He will greet you tomorrow.

What the?! Wheres the manners of this kid?
    Jiang Zhen Hai stared at the guard as he spoke.

Dad, maybe Jiang Chen is really tired. Furthermore, tomorrow will be the marriage engagement day with the Mu Rong family, just let him rest.
    Jiang Ru Long told his foster father.

Ru Long, dont always side with him. This little bastard has become more and more disobedient.
    Jiang Zhen Hai said angrily.

Dont get mad, dad, let me talk to him.
    Jiang Ru Long said.

Thats better. Find someone to monitor him, and dont let him walk out of his room. I dont want anything bad to happen at tomorrows marriage engagement event.
    Jiang Zhen Hai threw his sleeves and walked away.

The Mayors mansion occupied a huge area. So it was only natural that Jiang Chen also possessed his own large mansion.
    Standing in his yard with both hands behind his back and the moonlight shining down upon him, he stood there waiting for someone he knew. He knew that person would come to him.

Outside the door to his mansion, a figure appeared out of nowhere. It was Jiang Ru Long. When he saw Jiang Chen standing unharmed in his yard, a cruel look emerged on his face.

Useless peasants, how dare they let this bastard come back alive?

With a frown on his face, Jiang Ru Longs face shifted to a more normal one as he walked into Jiang Chens mansion.

My brother, where have you been for the last 3 days? Dont you know how much I have been worrying?

Jiang Ru Long said with a worrisome tone and a hint of happiness from being able to see his brother again.
    Brother.

All of a sudden, Jiang Chen jumped towards his brother, hugging him and saying, Brother, you almost lost your younger brother for good!

Pretending to be sad, Jiang Chens tears dripped all over Jiang Ru Longs shoulder. A frown emerged on Jiang Chens face as he hugged Jiang Ru Long.

What happened, my brother? Who dares to bully you? Tell me, I will take revenge for you! Replied Jiang Ru Long.

Its the two peasants, Yang Yong and Yang Shuang, they wanted to kill me.

Jiang Chen said angrily as he moved his head away from Jiang Ru Longs shoulder.

Feeling shocked when he heard the name of the Yangs brother, yet with an indifferent face, Jiang Ru Long said, What? How dare they do this to you? I will not let them go easily!
    Brother, they are dead now.

While speaking with an angry voice, Jiang Chen kept looking at Jiang Ru Longs facial expression, trying to discover his true colors. But Jiang Ru Long was good at hiding his feelings. Being the greatest Saint, however, Jiang Chen had eagle eyes. He could notice the smallest of changes on Jiang Ru Longs face.

They are dead? Both of them were at the 6th level of the Qi Jing realm. How did you kill them?

Jiang Ru Long asked suspiciously, eagerly awaiting a response.

Dont joke around, brother. I am a dumb cultivator, and I am barely at the first level of the Qi Jing Realm! I am no match for the Yang brothers, but thank god there was a skilled person at the 8th level of the Qi Jing realm who helped me kill the Yang brothers! Too bad this benefactor did not want any rewards. He left right after killing the Yang brothers I dont even know his name, such a pity.

Jiang Chen said with relief and regret.

****, what luck he has.
    Swearing in his mind, he had no doubts about what Jiang Chen said because only this could explain how Jiang Chen was able to return unharmed.
    At the same time, Jiang Ru Long felt relief too. The Yang brothers were dead, so no one would know his secret now. There would be plenty of opportunities to kill Jiang Chen in the future.

Its not a bad thing that they are dead now. Most importantly, youve come back unharmed! If you didnt, I wouldve spent the rest of my life regretting not being able to protect you!

The concerned look on Jiang Ru Longs face made Jiang Chen feel like throwing up.
    My brother is the best!

Jiang Chen pretended to be thankful towards this brother.
    Dont say that, we are brothers. Tomorrow will be the marriage engagement day with the Mu Rong family. You have to be prepared, my brother. For you, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you can marry the Mu Rong familys daughter, you will have done a good deed for our family!

Jiang Ru Long exclaimed as he placed his hand on Jiang Chens shoulder. There were two big families in Fragrant Sky city: one was the Mayors family and the other one was the Mu Rong family. The Mu Rong family was a huge power in the business industry, and the relationship between the two families was not particularly great. There was a lot of competition between them. If they could somehow marry into each other, then their relationship would naturally improve, reaping huge benefits for both sides.

Marry their daughter? Count me out.
    Jiang Chen shook his head and said firmly.

Brother, its not up to you to decide. Father has prepared a lot for this marriage, you cant ruin all of it now.
    Jiang Ru Long was trying to persuade Jiang Chen.

Im serious, I dont even know what the Mu Rong familys daughter looks like. What a joke if you ask me to marry her. And I am still young. If you all want a marriage between two families, I think you will be the best candidate. You are Mayor familys son, too, and you are older than me. I cant get married before you, my brother, no way! I wont do it, do it yourself if you want.

Jiang Chen was very firm with his decision.

After listening to Jiang Chens explanation, Jiang Ru Long felt for the first time that this brother of his was doing something useful for once. Especially since his true motive was to kill Jiang Chen so that he could marry the daughter of the Mu Rong family, raising his own status in both families!

More chapteres