Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: General And I 《孤芳不自赏》 - Wallace Chung, Angelababy, Sun Yi Zhou

I think most drama uses fake background , some countries just hide it better. Well except for once upon a time and spartucus you can tell its so fake, worst then the chinese drama lol. Yes the heating body to body is has to be in there. I like how he asked her "are you going to take responibility for last night" keke. Funny thing after falling off a cliff he got super injure but with the sexy chest rub by bpt he was better lol. I am watching ep 14 and 15 now. Its moving super fast i love how every ep is pretty action pack. This series really put so much into theit action sequence, it looks amazing. My only problem is i wish they develop he main lead character relationship more slowly but whateverni enjoy watching the main lead! Cant waiy for more !

I am much more in favor of "Legend Of Condor Heroes" with the action aspect.

Re: Background. Well, China and America 'Special Effects' are not in the same league, but that is expected.

China do things cheap. America do things EXPENSIVE!

Just got informed this song I was looking for!!!

Hehe. Yes agree with that most us work is very well done! . I hope that loch made the action good hehe thats what its based on. I took a peaked at it looks good so far.

It looks like they gave CBJ another love interest. It's a one-sided crush from the other side, but does thing come after BPT disappear? In the novel, she stayed secluded for a VERY long time. I wonder how long she is going to stay disappeared in the drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe View Post
    It looks like they gave CBJ another love interest. It's a one-sided crush from the other side, but does thing come after BPT disappear? In the novel, she stayed secluded for a VERY long time. I wonder how long she is going to stay disappeared in the drama?
    Yes it appears that way. She kind of looks like ab too lol. I think from the trailer she was gone for 3 years. Also they child was big when cbj first meet.

Don yu. Omg ep 11 did ab even show up for filming at the location lol. Looks like they videoshopped her in there lol

No idea. But I love this song!

I haven't read the novel, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the fact that AngelaBaby's character does not involve in silly triangle romance but whether that changes or not later, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    I haven't read the novel, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the fact that AngelaBaby's character does not involve in silly triangle romance but whether that changes or not later, I don't know.
    Yes me too.

方圓 is really a NEW singer. I can't find much on her, except for http://baike.baidu.com/item/%E6%96%B9%E5%9C%86/5481749

Name of the song '淚塔' is 'Tears Tower'.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-10-17 at 10:22 PM.

There were no love triangles in the novel. HX doesn't really count as he doesn't "love" her that way. She was more or less, his confidante, best friend and sister. He just doesn't want to lose her to CBJ. Had she like any other man, he would be fine, just not CBJ. Well, I can't really blame him for that. It's a valid reason for him. I think they have enough issues that the author didn't think it was necessary to add a third party.

I'm not sure what to think about the new love interest for CBJ. But there are 62 eps so they need some sort of distractions or fillers. It looks like it's during his braid period so I can only assume that was when BPT disappear for years. The good and bad thing about BPT is that she doesn't throw tantrum like other women, but her will and determination is pretty much made of steel. Once she makes up her mind, there is no changing it unless it involves life and death.

That would be AWESOME!!! Good to know. One of things I am certainly annoyed and sick of is 'Love triangles' in series. Or, women throw tantrums, easily misunderstand their lovers.

Good shows should focus on plot and how 2 lovers love each other no matter what, without loving someone else!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-11-17 at 05:15 PM.

UGH, why did she admit to something she didn't do?

Thank you for the link. I have been looking for the song. Is there an instrumental piece to this? I sounds similar but different with the instrumental.

UGH, why did she admit to something she didn't do?
    Because of the debts she owed to his family. Also because they were once very close. Had he not changed so drastically, she would have stayed by him thru thick & thin. But then again, had his family didn't died, they would have been married & CBJ wouldn't have a chance.

I am liking the story and pace so far. I read the novel and it doesn't bother me too much the changes to the story.

One thing that is annoying is the fake CGI and the obvious stand in for Angelababy. For example, there was one scene in ep 11 where Yang Feng fainted. Her front shot looks like she did it solo with a CGI background while they intercut with the real scene. It's so disconcerting. I'm noticing this more and more with Angelababy scenes. Did she even show up for filming half of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    I am liking the story and pace so far. I read the novel and it doesn't bother me too much the changes to the story.

One thing that is annoying is the fake CGI and the obvious stand in for Angelababy. For example, there was one scene in ep 11 where Yang Feng fainted. Her front shot looks like she did it solo with a CGI background while they intercut with the real scene. It's so disconcerting. I'm noticing this more and more with Angelababy scenes. Did she even show up for filming half of the time?
    This was the talk on weibo. There photos and vids of the bts showing that she participated in all her scene. There are romours going around and that person that started is fire. He or she wanted money from the press. Its because of the editing, they made everythjng look like spartucus. Ill post those vids and photos after i nap lol.

Ep 16 to 19 are romantic. Oh man wallace eyes are so expressive. I really love the action in this series and hownthe director vision each scene and background. It is very creative. To bad they couldn't execute it smoothly. However general and i has been on the top since it began airing mostly at number 1. Also wallace has been number 1 on the artist list for a long time. Ab isnin the top 5.

I find 2 things jarring: AB's cut and paste into scenes and her messy eyebrows. Other than those 2, I think I'm okay with her now. Wait, I also notice her lip makeup is ombre style. I just don't like how noble she is to Jing An Wang...esp since he's now after her life. I hope the fiasco around the two young princes is solved---what a tragedy for the Jin State.

So far, I'm liking that although BPT is surrounded by men, they all have different relationships to her. Only, CBJ is madly in love with her. Her friend's husband and his soldiers are her battle comrades. I'm glad that Yang Feng is a true friend to BPT too! I heart female friendships because they don't get highlighted much in Chinese dramas. Also, the one young guy Dong Zhuo or something doesn't seem to be in love with her, but cares about her as a sibling. When all the guys like one girl, like in Princess Wei Young or Glamorous Imperial Concubine, the entire show just gets on my nerves----especially when there are equally stunning and relatively intelligent (unlike the unreasonable intelligence the leads possess) women around.

CBJ is interesting. But so far 2 things stand out about him also: first, he's a very good and loyal subject; and second, he's a very good and loyal boyfriend. lol It seems that these are his weaknesses also.

Although I find the leads outwitting one another to be fun to watch, but I imagine the dynamic would be different for BPT if CBJ weren't so in love with her. Like, CBJ is a great general because he's cunning and a talented warrior. BPT is a great adviser because she's cunning and CBJ is in love with her, so she plays mind games with him...poor CBJ, so far all of BPT's advisees have been CPJ's rivals. I sure hope that changes soon.

To be honest, I had to go and edit this post because I move back and forth using BPT and AB----it's like, I can't not see AB before I see BPT. For Wallace though...he's CBJ for me.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 01-12-17 at 08:03 PM.
    I like me.

So is that why they release a slew of bts videos within the last few days? I do think the action and story is great. Finally a smart lady that is actually smart and not bc people say she is.

AB is growing on me. Sooo much better than YunGe! It is just that Wallace Huo and the supporting leads are out acting AB and it's obvious.

[QUOTE=ByTmE;1133736]I find 2 things jarring: AB's cut and paste into scenes and her messy eyebrows. Other than those 2, I think I'm okay with her now. Wait, I also notice her lip makeup is ombre style. I just don't like how noble she is to Jing An Wang...esp since he's now after her life.

Actually no, HX is not after BPT's life. What he is after is to destroy the love between BPT & CBJ. Actually BPT & HX has a very complicated relationship that doesn't involved romance. He still cares about BPT in his own way. He just can't accept that BPT out of everyone would betray him for his enemy. But she never betrayed him. She just wanted to stop him.