Thread: General And I 《孤芳不自赏》 - Wallace Chung, Angelababy, Sun Yi Zhou

Default General And I 《孤芳不自赏》 - Wallace Chung, Angelababy, Sun Yi Zhou

Title: General And I / 孤芳不自赏 / Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang
    Starring: Wallace Chung, Angelababy
    Episodes: 62
    Broadcast Period: January 2017
    Station: Hunan TV

-

General And I adapted from the novel Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang / A Lonesome Fragrance Waiting to be Appreciated.

Angelababy stars as Bai Pingting, the genius military strategist that serves He Xia, son of Prince Jingan. They are forced to flee the Kingdom of Yan after an internal power struggle, and Pingting wanders all the way to the Kingdom of Jin after being separated from He Xia.

Wallace Chung stars as Chu Beijie, powerful general and brother to the King of Jin. He falls in love with Bai Pingting at first sight, though their relationship is complicated by lies and betrayals as they use each other to gain useful intelligence for their respective kingdoms.

Sun Yizhou (The Fatal Mission) plays He Xia, an ambitious noble who is intent on seeking revenge for his family after being betrayed by the royal household of Yan. Gan Tingting (Lurking Before Dawn) plays He Xias wife the Princess Yaotian of Qin, and her love for him ultimately leads to the downfall of her kingdom. -CFENSI

First Official Trailer

Here are the official MVs with more scenes from the drama.

the long trailer

second official MV

I am so pump for this series! Wallace chung look so damn fine! Can't wait!

I don't like the accent!

Not very a big fan of ABB

Loving this so far!

At least this show have contact fighting. I am really glad at this aspect.

Would this show still be considered Wuxia though?

Damn, 62 episodes? WOAH!!! I thought it would be short. Hopefully they have good plot going on thru out. I never read the novel!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 01-04-17 at 11:27 AM.

Yes i am glad about that too! I am enjoying all the fight scenes! Although i know the background is gc they really put lots of thoughts into it and it quit beautiful! I like ab and wc chemistry so far, the characters are intense hehe, my kind of series keke. So far the pace is really good, each ep are so enjoyable.

This series is intense so far. They did change the beginning of how AB and WC meet from the novel but it's ok. They also added a childhood backstory that was never in the novel so I expect more changes to the drama, prob to drag it out 62 eps.

WC is bringing his A game to this and for once, AB actually is decent. She does the intense/wistful/intelligent staring a lot better than when she tries to be cute in ancient garb.

I can't wait for Dramafever to sub this as I am only getting about 50% from knowing the story and the too quick to read sub from bilut.tv.

I like how they first meet hes so demanding lol. But i hate the back story. Why do they need it lol. Why cant he just fall for a stranger. It's like biyao and xiaofan back story from chusen reverse the sex lol. But i am enjoying the tension between the two leads. Omg sean sun is so hot here too! Love the styling in this series!

Wait. Angelababy did not sing any songs for this?

I wished they didn't deviate so much from the story. Had they followed the book, it would be even better. I also wished they didn't change the character's personalities either. They made BPT too serious and CBJ too soft. CBJ is a war god. He likes conquering other countries for his own love of competitive spirit and ambitions.

But having said that, I do really like the drama so far. Wallace and AB have decent chemistry. AB is not awesome but she is decent here. I think the serious character is better suited for her than the cutesie Idol type of character. Her looks and demure here does suit the character of BPT. The costumes really suited the characters and the fighting is much better than most dramas these days.

The only things I wish, from this show is a good enough plot and more action. Being a non-book reader, I can forgive if it's not follow it 100%.

I just started watching this and it seems decent. I have not read the novel so I am a drama-viewer only.

Angelababy looks quite beautiful if not too modern in the setting. She is quite watchable in the series and looks intelligent and profound enough for the role. She also looks very fragile...may be because she's so petite.

I think Sun Yizhou looks more dashing than Wallace in the series. lol although I find Wallace quite dashing normally.
    I like me.

Here is a map Attachment 10233

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/qknd7o8l.jpg')

Hehe i also really like wallace body gaurd in this series too. He reminds me of robin shou character in Beverly hills ninja

For non-Chinese, DramaFever have subs!