Default Love Me, If You Dare 《他来了,请闭眼》

Love Me, If You Dare 《他来了,请闭眼》2015

Cast
    Wallace Huo ... Simon/Allen Bo(JinYan)
    Sandra Ma ..... Jian Yao
    Edward Zhang ......... Xie Han
    Wang Kai ........... Li Xunran
    Andrew Yin .......... Fu Zhiyu

I tried searching for a thread on this series on spcnet but couldn't seem to find one. This series is a few years old so hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread.

Has anybody watched this series or read the novel? I just finished this series and I'm confused as hell about the ending.

click to show/hide spoilers

So Wallace's character has multiple personalities, correct? Has Allen always been Simon's hidden personality or was Allen once his real brother but died? The other characters did mention earlier in the series that Simon had a brother named Allen who didn't make it.

What exactly happened to Simon at the end? Did the 'Simon' part of the multiple personality die while he was analyzing his mentor's murder scene or did 'Simon' simply retreat into the back of the character's mind because he couldn't deal with the trauma? I'm assuming Simon's attempt to analyze the murder scene of someone who was like a father to him was the trigger that let Allen come out as the dominant personality once and for all.

And yet, if Allen was the menacing aggressive personality, why was Allen willing to sit back and let Simon take control for so long? It seems Allen was aware of Simon's existence during the 6 months imprisonment but not vice versa?

Was the series ending the same as the novel? I can't for the life of me read Wallace Huo's expression at the end. His eyes are frightening and he smiled a little bit as the scene faded. I want to interpret it as a victorious expression? I don't really understand his motivations, tbh. And I miss Simon and want him to come back. =(

No, there was no thread in spcnet but one in soompi. The novel was translated but I am not sure whether the link is still active. It was posted on viki opening page. You may have to wade through the hundreds of post way back in the beginning to find the link. If you are interested, I can try looking for you. There were many parts/chapters which the drama did not include fortunately otherwise many girls couldn't sleep. You have to read the novel to understand what I meant. I heard this drama is currently showing on Hong Kong t.v.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    No, there was no thread in spcnet but one in soompi. The novel was translated but I am not sure whether the link is still active. It was posted on viki opening page. You may have to wade through the hundreds of post way back in the beginning to find the link. If you are interested, I can try looking for you. There were many parts/chapters which the drama did not include fortunately otherwise many girls couldn't sleep. You have to read the novel to understand what I meant. I heard this drama is currently showing on Hong Kong t.v.
    Thank you so much for the heads up on where to find the link for the translated novel!

It wasn't so hard to find it, just have to sort using filters. The translated version I found started with ch4 and goes to the end + all the extra epilogues. I haven't started reading it yet (but will soon!) but I hope it is more thriller/psychological and less romance as I'm more interested in the Simon/Allen multiple personalities.

Just wanted to stop by to drop a thank you for your tip on where to search.

It is basically 1/3 romance 2/3 thriller. But I like this romance because it is not the super gluey type of romance. More subtle and many funny moments. Not all parts of the novel was translated onto screen. In fact, originally the drama was supposed to be less than 20 eps so we are lucky to have 24 eps.