Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What if Mediacorp decided to Flim Legend of the Condor Hero......

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    205

    Default What if Mediacorp decided to Flim Legend of the Condor Hero......

    What if Mediacorp decided to Flim Legend of the Condor Hero......

    Who are the suitable actors/actresses for all the Characters?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    This is a very hypothetical question since Mediacorp would first have to relocate to China to film such a series.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    If I am correct, Mediacorp has two JY series to date: ROCH and Swordsman. The female lead in both is Fann Wong. At her age today (46), can she act as HR?

    The actresses in Mediacorp are generally not young. There is a current lack of youngsters. On the other hand, there are many young Youtubers in Singapore who Mediacorp can tap on. But I am not sure whether they are willing to act in costume series.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes in 2017.
    Rebecca Lim
    Paige Chua
    Jesseca Liu
    Jayley Woo
    Carrie Wong
    Felicia Chin
    Sora Ma
    Tong Bingyu
    Ya Hui
    Kym Ng

    Who are suitable for HR: Maybe Rebecca but she may be too "tall".
    Jessica should be suitable for MNC.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    If I am correct, Mediacorp has two JY series to date: ROCH and Swordsman. The female lead in both is Fann Wong. At her age today (46), can she act as HR?

    The actresses in Mediacorp are generally not young. There is a current lack of youngsters. On the other hand, there are many young Youtubers in Singapore who Mediacorp can tap on. But I am not sure whether they are willing to act in costume series.
    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes in 2017.
    Rebecca Lim
    Paige Chua
    Jesseca Liu
    Jayley Woo
    Carrie Wong
    Felicia Chin
    Sora Ma
    Tong Bingyu
    Ya Hui
    Kym Ng

    Who are suitable for HR: Maybe Rebecca but she may be too "tall".
    Jessica should be suitable for MNC.
    Why are you just focused on the older actresses? Consider the following with their credentials:

    Carrie Wong - Age 23, 3-time Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes award, regular lead roles.
    You may consider her too tall though.

    Jayley Woo - Age 25, 2-time Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes award, occasional lead roles.

    Hong Ling - Age 22, 1-time lead role.

    Bonnie Loo - Age 22, up-coming lead role.

    He Ying Ying - Age 22, supporting roles.

    Michelle Wong - Age 25, supporting roles.

    Also Julie Tan, age 24, 2-time Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste and regular lead actress, who may be leaving Mediacorp but appears likely to continue acting.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 04-17-17 at 03:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    205

    Default

    How about Ya Hui -- is she more suitable for HR or MNC?

    And How about Guo Jing?
    Desmond Tan? Or haha Zhang ZHen Huan?
    just saying

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laurenhuang View Post
    How about Ya Hui -- is she more suitable for HR or MNC?
    Ya Hui should be able to fill in either role. I think it is more a matter of whether you can find someone better for HR.

    And How about Guo Jing?
    Desmond Tan? Or haha Zhang ZHen Huan?
    just saying
    Funnily enough, those two were among the first that came to my mind for the Guo Jing role.

    For Zhang Zhen Huan, the role would somewhat be a reprise of his role as Su Dongbo in Home Truly 回家. He does have a tall, slim build, similar to Hu Ge, although I don't think that's important.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Ya Hui should be able to fill in either role. I think it is more a matter of whether you can find someone better for HR.



    Funnily enough, those two were among the first that came to my mind for the Guo Jing role.

    For Zhang Zhen Huan, the role would somewhat be a reprise of his role as Su Dongbo in Home Truly 回家. He does have a tall, slim build, similar to Hu Ge, although I don't think that's important.

    WOW great minds think alike

    For Ya Hui, i think she can fit into HR role, but when i imagine her as MNC, it seems like she fit this role more.

    for Zhang ZHen Huan, i feel that he has an Honest look, but if you ask me to imagine him as Yang Kang, Seems like he can do it too hahahha

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Ok. We can always give the younger ones a chance to shine.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Shane as gj
    Yingying as he
    James as yk
    Carrie as mnc

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-16-19, 03:17 AM
  2. I've decided to learn Chinese.
    By Tom in forum Academia
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 01-22-10, 12:16 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-09-08, 12:16 PM
  4. Roles of ROCH has been decided!
    By tinac in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 11-14-05, 03:34 AM
  5. if Singapore is to film "Legend of Condor Hero"
    By cyngpk4 in forum Singapore TV Series
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-14-04, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •