Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Smiling, Proud Wanderer 2017 《笑傲江湖》 Ding Guan Sen, Xue Hao Jing

I feel most reviews are pretty fair.
    I wish the production team could learn the lesson. It’s no longer the audience pay for whatever they film. They should film what the audience truly want to watch, sincerely.
    ~~~

Watched Ep 27-29.
    The fight between DFBB and Beggar Sect leader is quite good.

I have a question.
    Xiang Wentian told LFH that Sun Moon Cult went to Hua Sect with regard to the latter's teacher's death. What is the purpose of going to Hua Sect?

Ep 27: This is not even Xiao Ao Jiang Hu anymore 😩

I'm afraid I had to skip most of it.

Well, at least I now know for sure YBQ has started on Bixie Sword Manual.

According to XiangWenTian , RWX was afraid of losing in 1vs1 duel with the poison master , so he leaked her traveling details to HuaShan sect for them to ambush her.
    According to Elder JIaBu's gossip heard by ZhuQue , the poison master fed many of the sect people with the 3corpsePoison before the planned duel for the throne. What happened to them without antidote ... isn't explained.

YBQ not only started , he already completed it due to his super smart and strong foundations , while having the complete 2 parts of the torn monk robe.
    His wife found his shedded hair in bed , looks like moustache or beard or armpit hair. Due to lack of testosterone.
    Last edited by krabs; 03-26-18 at 10:05 PM.

While I am not familiar with the novel, isn't this series an insult to Xiang Wentian character?

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    According to XiangWenTian , RWX was afraid of losing in 1vs1 duel with the poison master , so he leaked her traveling details to HuaShan sect for them to ambush her.
    According to Elder JIaBu's gossip heard by ZhuQue , the poison master fed many of the sect people with the 3corpsePoison before the planned duel for the throne. What happened to them without antidote ... isn't explained.
    Thanks, krabs,

Ep 28-31. I did enjoy some parts:

1. LPZ eavesdropping on a ledge outside the window and retrieving the Bixie manual that YBQ had thrown out of it, in Ep 30. (I think this was similar to how LPZ got the manual in the novel? Though I believe this scene took place earlier in the novel.)

2. The imaginary fight between LHC and YBQ (Dugu Nine vs Bixie swords) at the end of Ep 30.

3. The LHC and RYY bits.

4. LHC getting up and trying to cheer YLS up by doing the Chongling Sword with her and her stabbing him, during the leader selection event in Ep 29.

------------------------------

I don't want to be too hard on the producers but I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit disappointed and exasperated right now.

In Ep 31, when RYY told LHC that her dad wanted her to find the Bixie manual, LHC responded by exasperatedly going "Bixie manual, Bixie manual, Bixie manual again!"

That's how I feel right now about the asinine change after asinine change after asinine change that the producers have made to JY's Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.

His wife found his shedded hair in bed , looks like moustache or beard or armpit hair.
    Beard, hopefully. Armpit would be eww haha.

----------

The fight between Yu Canghai and LPZ at the beginning of Ep 32 was nice. I liked that the producers made the effort to make LPZ's Bixie look different from the other sword skills in the show.

I enjoyed all of the YLS-LPZ scenes in this episode. I thought the YLS actress and LPZ actor both did well here, and made me feel for their characters.

I like this YLS. Her coy, sweet, cute, distraught, upset, sad, hurt, etc. performances all look natural to me.

Hope this fight will be in the show. Looking forward to it 👏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by pokit View Post
    But after hearing Yingying revealing his secret, Yue Buqun was so startled and angry that he actually chopped at Yingying first. Linghu Chong couldn't do anything else but help. Yue Buqun blocked three attacks and retreated for two steps. He was secretly amazed. He just blocked three times, but his whole arm was shaken and felt numb. When they fought at the Shaolin Temple, they fought for more than a thousand moves, but Linghu Chong didn't use his true internal energy with his sword. But at this time, he did not give way in his three attacks.

Linghu Chong forced Yue Buqun to step back, while he extended his hand backwards to release Yingying's sealed acupoints. Yingying called out, "Don't worry about me, watch out!"

White light flashed as Yue Buqun's long sword thrust forward. Linghu Chong had seen Dongfang Bubai, Yue Buqun, and Lin Pingzhi's martial arts, so he knew his opponent's movements were unbelievably quick like a ghost or a demon. If he waited till he saw a flaw in the oncoming attack, he would've gotten stabbed. So he counterattacked by slashing at Yue Buqun's lower abdomen with his long sword.

Yue Buqun quickly leapt back and scolded, "What a fierce small thief!" Actually, even though Yue Buqun had raised Linghu Chong since he was small, he didn't understand him. If he had actually ignored Linghu Chong's counter attack and kept on thrusting his sword, he would've taken Linghu Chong's life. Even though Linghu Chong was using a common ruin method, he would never have continued his attack and pierced his master's lower abdomen. Yue Buqun was judging other people by what he would do himself so he immediately leapt back, missing a good opportunity to injure his opponent.

After several moves, Yue Buqun couldn't stand it anymore so he increased the speed of his sword. Linghu Chong concentrated his mind to keep up. In the beginning, Linghu Chong was thinking that if he were to die under his master's hand, there was no pity in that for him except Yingying would also be killed. Furthermore, Yingying's word had harmed his master so she would definitely be tortured before she die. Thus, he exerted himself in fighting back with all of his heart so as to protect Yingying. After fighting for several dozens moves, Yue Buqun's changes became complicated. Linghu Chong concentrated fully on the fight and he was gradually enlightened. His eyes were now only looking at the point of his opponent's sword.

In the series, actually LHC and YBQ do not "fight" as well compared to say DFBB or LPZ.
    At the rate which is going, probably
    (1) DFBB will be the next leader of Sun Moon Cult.
    (2) LPZ may be killed or became mad instead of being blinded.
    (I always thought that YBQ is accidentally killed by Yilin but she is now at Mount Heng???)

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    In the series, actually LHC and YBQ do not "fight" as well compared to say DFBB or LPZ.
    Oh. Are you referring to the choreography or how they truly compare?

(2) LPZ may be killed or became mad instead of being blinded.
    Yeah, perhaps not blinded after all, with the hunchback gone early in the show. Or at the hands of other people?

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    Oh. Are you referring to the choreography or how they truly compare?

Yeah, perhaps not blinded after all, with the hunchback gone early in the show. Or at the hands of other people?
    For first question, I refer to natural ability. The actor acting as DFBB has a natural flair with good movement and stance. (OT: Another person who I think likewise is the character acting as the recent HR in LOCH. A possible reason is that she is a dancer).

For your comment on the hunchback, it is actually quite "insulting" to the character. For there is no use for his hunchback in this series. And you are right - a possibility is that LPZ can be blinded by his father-in-law in revenge for his daughter.

YueLingShan is such a sore loser when MoDa had checkmate her neck a few times but she continued fighting.

For first question, I refer to natural ability. The actor acting as DFBB has a natural flair with good movement and stance. (OT: Another person who I think likewise is the character acting as the recent HR in LOCH. A possible reason is that she is a dancer).
    Ah I see. I’m afraid I’ve been skipping the DFBB parts.

A big yes to HR though. The actress executed the moves beautifully and her fighting scenes were simply enjoyable. It’s been quite a while but I still remember the one of her and the wine cups (at Wanyan Honglie’s house, I think).

YueLingShan is such a sore loser when MoDa had checkmate her neck a few times but she continued fighting.
    A bit disrespectful of her too.

Thanks for your info.

Btw, here is the full version of this song

Watched Ep 27-29.
    The fight between DFBB and Beggar Sect leader is quite good.
    I went back to watch this and it was nice indeed. Especially all that fun between the Dog-Beating Stick and the sword. They even had Chief Xie perform a somewhat similar Dog-Beating move that HR did in LOCH and ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    A big yes to HR though. The actress executed the moves beautifully and her fighting scenes were simply enjoyable. It’s been quite a while but I still remember the one of her and the wine cups (at Wanyan Honglie’s house, I think).
    OT: The scene I loved most was when she drew darts at OYF to "protect" GJ in the first duel between OYK and GJ for her hand in marriage. Very classy. Possibly fight-wise, she can be regarded as the best HR in LOCH.

Everything will end tomorrow. We hit 10 pages vis-a-vis 100+ for the latest LOCH.
    How many stars will you give to this series?

Everything will end tomorrow. We hit 10 pages vis-a-vis 100+ for the latest LOCH.
    How many stars will you give to this series?
    Many friends asked me whether they should watch this series.
    I say 'Yes' (since I have been watching it right now), but consider this drama as "a comedy or entertaining show".
    It needs hundreds of mile to reach the spririt of the "Xiao ou jiang hu" in my mind.